Interpretation of comets

!4C

Any one know how to incorporate these into predictions? The perihelion seems important. Not sure when it it becomes effective, maybe when it is visible with the naked eye? :unsure:

dr. farr

There are few books dealing specifically with this (although it is mentioned in several more general astrology books) Try the little section on comets in M.P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords".

(Note: the comet visible to the naked eye, has been the astrological crieterion applied, historically)

!4C

There are few books dealing specifically with this (although it is mentioned in several more general astrology books) Try the little section on comets in M.P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords".

(Note: the comet visible to the naked eye, has been the astrological crieterion applied, historically)
Okay. I looked around and I couldn't find anyone that would even entertain the idea of extending the effectiveness to visibility through telescope.

dr. farr

Right-the tradition is "naked eye"; however, I have come to believe that macrocosmic influences (astrological factors) invisible to the naked eye can and do have meaning...you don't have to shun your telescope, as an aid in searching for signs and indications of subtle influences from the heavens...

!4C

After looking around it seems there is no consensus on reading comets. I've seen some analysis that consider all aspects in chart throughout the visible range. However, the message of the comet is only understood well in retrospect. It seems difficult to tell whether it will be malefic or benefic when trying predict the future. There does appear to be a leaning toward the idea that all bodies associated with the oort cloud are malefic in some way, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

The most sensible approach is to apply the perihelion as a sensitive point that can remain active for a time period, similar to an eclipse. Keep an eye on activators crossing this point, such mercury, venus, and mars. IN this way it is more of a timing indicator.

While eclipses are connected to the cycles of life, new comets forced out of the oort cloud are like urgent messages sent directly from the master of the universe. It' kind of nice to have some evidence that we might not be left for dead in the universe that functions as an autonomous machine. Instead of yods, maybe comets should be called the Finger of God.

!4C

After reviewing C/2011 L4 PanSTARRS last night, I realized there is an issue with using the perihelion. The perihelion of this comet occurs when the comet is around 3° aries and the sun is at 20° pisces. They aren't even close in longitude. Which one marks the sensitive degree? What is the is the importance of longitudinal conjunction that occurs at 11° pisces on March 1st? More research needs to be done.