Do first house planets affect every area of life? Personal experiences, please!

Harmelia

A remark I saw in another thread brought up this question for me: if there's a planet in the first house, does it have a say over all areas of life, even if it's not the chart ruler?

Someone mentioned that Saturn in their first seemed to delay everything: their education, their career, entering a relationship, etc. I've tended to think of it as, the planet that rules the relevant house or is placed in it would have the most say, and planets not in or ruling a certain house (ninth for higher education, seventh for partnership, etc.) are going to be little evident if at all in that area of life. (That doesn't mean Venus has nothing to say about relationships if it's not involved in the seventh, and Sun isn't involved in some of everything, just that they won't have as strong an impact in the areas of life they're not directly involved in.)

But first house is self, and logically, would color every area of life. I don't have any first house planets myself, so I can't speak from experience on that.

For those of you who do have at least one planet in the first, do you see it coloring every area of life? Kind of as if it were ruling every house?

Edited to add: If you do not have any planets in your first house, you can't answer this question personally. Please do not post in this thread unless it's to share something you've learned from other people's personal experience with their first house planets: for example, a thread on this site about it, or your clients if you're a practicing astrologer and you've seen enough charts with first house planets to have a sense of how they play out in the clients' lives. Assertions about first house planets that are not backed up with personal experience are off topic for this thread.

Interesting topic, Osamenor! I have Virgo rising with Saturn conjunct South Node in the first house. My inclination is to answer in this way - I think the South Node has been an overwhelmingly big influence and because Saturn is conjunct it, it too, has been a huge influence. However, many people would say that about SN no matter what sign or house it is in. I do not feel that Saturn has delayed everything. I went to college right out of high school. I got a degree and went to work immediately. I knew early in life what I was interested in and went for it. I have not felt that Saturn in the first has "delayed everything" like the person you referred to. Relationships are another story, but I'm an independent Aries and I don't think my first house planet has much to do with my preferring to be alone a lot. Saturn probably contributes, but there are most certainly other influences.

For me, Saturn in the first house has felt like an inhibitor of physical activity. Virgo is a very mental sign, ruled by Mercury - and I have other things like a Sag Moon in an inward house (conjunct IC) that makes me a thinker - so I attribute Saturn as contributing to making me less inclined to be physically active. I'd rather sit and play piano, read or write, or do astrology. I was an active kid, but I lost the desire to be active as I matured. I have a lot of fire planets in inward houses and as I sit, I feel greatly energized - as if I'm being active. If Saturn didn't help inhibit physical activity, I wouldn't be able to meditate for 12 hours. I can sit and feel energized all day.

I feel my Sun, Moon and ASC fairly equally. I'm aware of how I do each. I have identified myself from an early age (teen) as a metaphysician with Sun, Mars and Mercury in Aries in the 8th and Moon in philosopher Sag in 4th. I do a lot of analyzing to understand with the Virgo rising and I do enjoy helping and teaching. So in my case, these planets did form the core of who I am.

I feel like the South Node/Saturn has been something that has needed evolving. I've needed to work on the negative Virgo stuff and turn it into positive Virgo in order to progress in life. Over time, I succeeded. It did take a long time - and maybe that is part of Saturn's role there in the first, conjunct SN. Maybe it helped me mature Virgo. Saturn put a focus there and focus on it I did. But I have been far more identified with the Sun/Mars/Mercury and Moon. I do identify with Virgo and it is definitely a part of me, but the South Node wounds - I never felt were the real me. They felt like wounds that were meant to be healed and that's how I saw them, even before astrology gave me a language to talk about it

My opinion - I don't think we can GENERALLY say that a first house planet will have an overwhelming presence and power over the whole life or chart. I can see it in some cases - especially when Sun, Moon or the ruler of the chart are there in the first. I think it's probably a case by case thing. In my opinion, lots of people seem to blame a planet for how they feel probably because they want to blame something for it. It's a thing these days for people to blame a planet.

I've been on a thread in another group where a woman blames her Mercury R on everything. It is in close conjunction to her Gemini ASC and is at a powerful 29 degrees 47 minutes of arc, and the ruler of her chart. Mercury stationed the day before she was born. She has ADD and a learning disability similar to dyslexia. Well, yes, that's one powerful Mercury. But it isn't just Mercury she could blame. Sun, Moon and Jupiter are in Gemini in the 12th for instance, and Jupiter is 7 degrees from the ASC. Uranus trines her Mercury from Aquarius 8th house - and in my opinion, is a big player in her ADD. There are plenty of people with ADD whose Mercury is aspected by Uranus in other signs and houses. That it is on her ASC probably makes it more painful to her - as she would be more aware of how it affects her in the social world. It's in her face. It's also so close to Cancer that it probably makes her ultra-sensitive. Cancer must be considered the co-ASC.

Anyway, case by case. The whole chart is Self. First house is more about the physical self - and where the self meets the world at birth. It is the battleground, so to speak - how we navigate the social world, where most of us suffer in one way or the other.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Secondary. Uranus is in my first house now and my third house in my natal chart unless I use the whole house system or perhaps some other house system that moves it into another house. (Not that you asked, but I've been using Placidus to study charts.)
If your natal Uranus is in the third house, it's impossible for your progressed Uranus to be in the first, because....
How did you come to that conclusion about Uranus being in my 12th or close to my ascendant?
By secondary progression, Uranus cannot move more than a few degrees in a person's lifetime, even a very long one. Progressed Uranus is always very close to natal Uranus. The only way it can change houses during the native's life is if it's very close to the cusp to begin with.

Osamenor

Staff member
It would be interesting to learn, with your project, whether the house system makes a difference in how a first house planet operates.
Or the sign placement, at any rate. If it's in the same sign as the ascendant, is that different from first house but different sign? Would the difference disappear if, say, the ascendant is at 29 degrees of its sign and the first house planet is at degree 0 of the next--conjunct the ascendant but out of sign?

If I play it the whole signs way, Saturn has affected my physical appearance. As you know, Saturn rules the hard tissues of the body, like bones and teeth. As a kid, every adult tooth in my mouth came in crooked, so I wore serious orthodontics for about 6 years. Then all four wisdom teeth were impacted.

I've had round shoulders and poor posture most of my life. Somehow standing up strait, shoulders back, &c, just never seemed natural. (I think this ran in my family, however, as my dad and brother were the same way; but not my mother or sister.)

I've had osteoarthritis for many years.
If that's a Saturn in the first effect, it must be even stronger than Saturn as ascendant ruler! I have Capricorn rising, and I've never had any of those problems except impacted wisdom teeth. As a child, I had some inability to stand up straight, but that was due to dyspraxia, not bones. I don't have Saturn in the first, though.

And if you've got Saturn in the 12th house Placidus, that's its house of joy. Strengthening factor.

Osamenor

Staff member
I can see where having my Merc/Mars Conjunction in Placidus H12 described my first 21 years. But, upon the death of my very protective father, that no longer worked for me. I now can only describe my personality using Whole-sign Houses, which moves them into H1, apropos to my having had to take personal charge of my own life. It was a very rough transition, and took about a year to complete.

It seems to me that if a planet is in the twelfth house but the same sign as the ascendant, it's something to bring into consciousness and into the real world over the course of a lifetime. Was this conjunction operating out of sight until you were 21, and then became much more tangible for you?

I once read for someone who had a twelfth house stellium in the same sign as her ascendant, and she felt her life was very much about bringing the unknown to light.

david starling

It seems to me that if a planet is in the twelfth house but the same sign as the ascendant, it's something to bring into consciousness and into the real world over the course of a lifetime. Was this conjunction operating out of sight until you were 21, and then became much more tangible for you?

I once read for someone who had a twelfth house stellium in the same sign as her ascendant, and she felt her life was very much about bringing the unknown to light.

Good chance to ask your view concerning Yods. My Mercury/Mars Conjunction in Pisces rising above my Piscean Asc is 2 degrees apart, with a Yod base at Neptune and Pluto 1 degree difference, pointing right at the center of the Merc/Mars conj.
This might have focused my attention on the Conjunction. But I was definitely more twelfth house before I was 21, in addition to a Moon/Venus conj in Aqua, which stays in H12 regardless of house system.

waybread

Or the sign placement, at any rate. If it's in the same sign as the ascendant, is that different from first house but different sign? Would the difference disappear if, say, the ascendant is at 29 degrees of its sign and the first house planet is at degree 0 of the next--conjunct the ascendant but out of sign?

If that's a Saturn in the first effect, it must be even stronger than Saturn as ascendant ruler! I have Capricorn rising, and I've never had any of those problems except impacted wisdom teeth. As a child, I had some inability to stand up straight, but that was due to dyspraxia, not bones. I don't have Saturn in the first, though.

And if you've got Saturn in the 12th house Placidus, that's its house of joy. Strengthening factor.

In a natal chart reading, I pay attention to house cusp rulers.

I've seen two good but different interpretations.

Karen Hamaker-Zondag: "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands."

Demetra George: The house cusp ruler wants to help out the affairs of that house. Whether it can do so well or poorly depends upon how it is situated.

Especially looking at George's interpretation, we could imagine a poorly placed first house ruler being much less effective than a well-placed first house tenant. For example, in Placidus someone with Cancer rising might have the moon in detriment in Capricorn in the 7th house, but a domiciled sun in Leo in the first house. Conversely, in whole signs, someone with Taurus rising might have a debilitated Mars in the first, and Venus off in the 3rd house with no essential dignity.

I think both whole signs and one's favorite quadrant system have merit, even where they give dramatically different results, as they are apt to do with a late degree rising. It's like a snapshot of a person will look different as a frontal portrait, vs. as a profile.

Same person, different perspectives.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

If your natal Uranus is in the third house, it's impossible for your progressed Uranus to be in the first, because....

By secondary progression, Uranus cannot move more than a few degrees in a person's lifetime, even a very long one. Progressed Uranus is always very close to natal Uranus. The only way it can change houses during the native's life is if it's very close to the cusp to begin with.

True, the degrees have barely changed. No decan or sign change has occurred, but I've yet to use a chart generator that puts my natal Uranus in the 12th or 1st house.

For instance, I've been using Astro dot com, Astrotheme and other chart generating websites and software programs, and all of them show the same thing: natal 2nd house Uranus and progressed 1st house Uranus. So what you're suggesting is that all of them are producing inaccurate charts, and I don't understand how that could happen.

ETA: I meant to say natal 2nd house Uranus in my previous post.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
True, the degrees have barely changed. No decan or sign change has occurred, but I've yet to use a chart generator that puts my natal Uranus in the 12th or 1st house.

For instance, I've been using Astro dot com, Astrotheme and other chart generating websites and software programs, and all of them show the same thing: natal 2nd house Uranus and progressed 1st house Uranus. So what you're suggesting is that all of them are producing inaccurate charts, and I don't understand how that could happen.

ETA: I meant to say natal 2nd house Uranus in my previous post.

What kind of progressed chart have you been generating? Is it your natal chart with progressions, or your progressed chart alone?

If you create a standalone progressed chart, it shows your progressed angles and moves all the house cusps by the same progression. That might make it look like Uranus is in the first house, if the progressed AC has moved close enough to natal Uranus. But progressed houses don't really count. A progressed planet changing houses means changing natal houses.

The only time progressed house cusps matter is when an angle transits a natal planet or changes signs or moves into a new natal house. Or perhaps when there's a significant transit to a progressed angle, but that isn't as significant as a transit to a natal angle. Other than that, only natal houses count when reading progressions.

If your progressed ascendant has reached your natal Uranus, that's significant. It would be a little like a Uranus to AC transit, and would probably correlate with Uranian life events. If it's not there yet, then Uranus appearing to be in the progressed first house doesn't have any particular meaning.

In any case, this topic is specifically about natal planets in the first house, not progressed ones.

Last edited:

leomoon

Using Placidius which is my preference, I have Saturn in the 1st house around 14-15 degrees away from the Ascendant. I had to grow up rather quickly, although not emotionally nor intellectually, rather in a practical sense because of sexual abuse in my midst.

I started working early on, as soon as I turned 16 and quit school, for which I still have no regret as I was forced to be self-taught and the type of mind I have doesn't linger long on just one subject alone. Its hard to explain other then to say that the Sidereal chart gives me Gemini Rising rather then Cancer rising..for the mentality. My interests intellectually speaking, ran the gamut in other words although when I find something that moves me emotionally I will study that subject ad-infinitum.

I think that Saturn has been not only my Sun's ruler (Sun-Mer-Mars) all in the 6th house but Saturn trine Venus and the MC among other sextile and trines to heavenly bodies, keeps me rather well grounded all in all. Others see me as older, especially when I was young. I recall my grandmother who knew me rather well saying to me, "I don't know how you'd fare as a mother, because you never played with dolls very much".:sad: So I have a rather serious demeanor most of the time through all ages.

My Venus helps me to get out of the doldrums however, and keeps me very socially interested (Venus in Sag 5th hs.) trine Saturn.

I noticed my husband of nearly 50 years :love::surprised: has Jupiter in the 1st house exactly opposed to Algol in the 7th thus his life has been rather consistent with being disappointed by other people whether in business when younger, or even when older both in business, family and otherwise. Algol was the key for me to understand why his life has been this way even with his MC cj.Regulus and POF 3Virgo square both Jupiter and the NN.

I see Saturn (in my case 1st house) and Jupiter (in his case 1st house and afflicted) as both being connected strongly to our choice to have our karma be done with, once and for all, as long as we don't ***** up again in this lifetime, neither of us likely will be back. :innocent: Adios!

Osamenor

Staff member
Using Placidius which is my preference, I have Saturn in the 1st house around 14-15 degrees away from the Ascendant. I had to grow up rather quickly, although not emotionally nor intellectually, rather in a practical sense because of sexual abuse in my midst.

I started working early on, as soon as I turned 16 and quit school, for which I still have no regret as I was forced to be self-taught and the type of mind I have doesn't linger long on just one subject alone. Its hard to explain other then to say that the Sidereal chart gives me Gemini Rising rather then Cancer rising..for the mentality. My interests intellectually speaking, ran the gamut in other words although when I find something that moves me emotionally I will study that subject ad-infinitum.

I think that Saturn has been not only my Sun's ruler (Sun-Mer-Mars) all in the 6th house but Saturn trine Venus and the MC among other sextile and trines to heavenly bodies, keeps me rather well grounded all in all. Others see me as older, especially when I was young. I recall my grandmother who knew me rather well saying to me, "I don't know how you'd fare as a mother, because you never played with dolls very much".:sad: So I have a rather serious demeanor most of the time through all ages.

My Venus helps me to get out of the doldrums however, and keeps me very socially interested (Venus in Sag 5th hs.) trine Saturn.

I noticed my husband of nearly 50 years :love::surprised: has Jupiter in the 1st house exactly opposed to Algol in the 7th thus his life has been rather consistent with being disappointed by other people whether in business when younger, or even when older both in business, family and otherwise. Algol was the key for me to understand why his life has been this way even with his MC cj.Regulus and POF 3Virgo square both Jupiter and the NN.

I see Saturn (in my case 1st house) and Jupiter (in his case 1st house and afflicted) as both being connected strongly to our choice to have our karma be done with, once and for all, as long as we don't ***** up again in this lifetime, neither of us likely will be back. :innocent: Adios!
Leomoon, that's a lot of Saturn! Sounds like it's not only in your first, it aspects everything in your chart.

Based on your description, your Saturn can only be in Leo (unless its trine to Venus is out of sign), and based on your screen name, so is your Moon. Do you have a Moon/Saturn conjunction, by any chance? You would also be part of the Pluto in Leo generation. Is Pluto conjunct your Saturn too?

leomoon

Actually, my Moon is only 1 1/2 deg. from my husband's MC and also conj. Regulus, (I use wider orbs as did horary astrologer Lilly for the more well known fixed stars)

Good guessing, I never was good at visually seeing a chart in my head. I recall going to the A.R.E. clinic for a checkup, and the girl was an astrologer a friend of Jeffrey Green (many years ago) as he's been dead for years too.

Anyway, I was laying on the table and she started peppering me with 2 or 3 questions and figured out my whole chart in her head :surprised:
My husband is visual (a photographic memory) and I have zero capability as my chart shows for creativity that way:

breakfast wilmington nc

Osamenor

Staff member
Good guessing, I never was good at visually seeing a chart in my head. I recall going to the A.R.E. clinic for a checkup, and the girl was an astrologer a friend of Jeffrey Green (many years ago) as he's been dead for years too.

I'm not that visual either, but I have the order of the signs memorized, I know which outer planet generation is which, and I can do logic! A planet in the first house can only be in the same sign as the ascendant or the next one (maaaybe the third sign if it's a gigantic first house, but that's stretching it) and if a planet within those parameters is trine a Sagittarius planet, it must be in Leo.

That alone doesn't tell me your Pluto placement, but you mentioned the length of your marriage. Everyone currently living who has Saturn in Leo (or late Cancer) and is old enough to have been married for 50 years is in the Pluto in Leo generation.

In Placidus, you've also got Pluto in the first, technically, but at the cusp of the second. Do you see Pluto as more a first house planet or more a second house planet for you?

leomoon

I see Pluto as a definite belonging in the 2nd house which rules values & assets for sure!

For ten years I battled (just passing), the transit of Pluto over my Mercury, and until it finally reached Mars, I was truly upset by lawsuits I felt would leave us high & dry after a lifetime of hard work. The 6th also rules civil lawsuits I heard from Vedic astrologers, and when tr Pluto hit Mercury and squared my MC it put me in a kind of internal emotional turmoil which lasted for a few years. :sad:

I think it might have been worse, but we had lost our daughter when Pluto hit my BML tr. at 28 deg.Sagittarius in the summer of 2008. There is no question that my value system changed totally and is still forever changed by the transformation of the Pluto's long transit, first over BML in 5th, then entering 6th with Mercury devastation, from which I still suffer PTSD believe it or not when I hear a knock at my door.

Then onto Mars in 6th (2 knee operations over a few years time), then the Sun (can't recall anything much then - now over the 7th and expectations of more life battles which I don't look forward to. )

Actually, it will be 50 yrs next September 2021. 49 now. :)

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

CT, thanks for sharing!

I find it very interesting that not only do you feel your first house planets affect every area of your life, you attribute that entirely to what you do with those planets. Not to the planets acting on you, outside your control. A first house thing, too, perhaps?

Happy lunar return! :biggrin:

Why, thanks Osa, although I wouldn't describe the current LR as "happy". A surprise announcement, and the intensity of events heightening seems to be what this month portends. The next LR, as well as the SR that comes a week later from that have Uranus closely conjunct the angles - telling to the astrologically literate.

The subjective feeling that "it's all in my hands" also might have to do with the fact that all the planets in my chart fall on the left side, as well as Jupiter being the final dispositor. As a supposedly fortunate Sagittarius, making my own luck has been the standard throughout my life. The self-driving has been a catalyst for others to get in gear, which I'd say is a definite plus.

cosmicseeing

I have AC 14°, North Node 24° Mars 27° Virgo and Moon 0° Libra in the 1st house, in whole sign just North Node and Mars.

These are all square my Sun 22 Gemini in the 10th house. I would say that honestly, it does affect all areas of my life because I have somewhat of an obsession on how I am perceived by others. I feel like I care way too much about my appearance to others.. to the point it affects how I feel about myself.. In romantic relationships I find that I want to be everything the other person wants.. I've been trying to adjust that narrative and accept myself regardless of how others want me to be. I think in relationships people know that I'm willing to change myself to please them..

leomoon

I have AC 14°, North Node 24° Mars 27° Virgo and Moon 0° Libra in the 1st house, in whole sign just North Node and Mars.

These are all square my Sun 22 Gemini in the 10th house. I would say that honestly, it does affect all areas of my life because I have somewhat of an obsession on how I am perceived by others. I feel like I care way too much about my appearance to others.. to the point it affects how I feel about myself.. In romantic relationships I find that I want to be everything the other person wants.. I've been trying to adjust that narrative and accept myself regardless of how others want me to be. I think in relationships people know that I'm willing to change myself to please them..

I noticed a similar behavior in my husband of 49 years, because when you are married THAT long, you know the other person inside out.
He denies it other then to admit that he can morph himself into being what he truly isn't. So, similar to your very intelligent description.

What is very important in life is the old axiom of Shakespeare's line "To thine own self be true".

I rec'd this line from a short term terrible marriage, (never consummated) before I divorced him a few years after we separated realizing that we never should have entered into it. We were both looking for what didn't exist in ourselves. For me, a bad home life, for him (not sure, but he was getting older (I was 19 he was 24) and his parents wanted him settled as the youngest of 3 kids as they were older parents. He tried to please them I suspect. He was airy Aquarius, straight from Uranian forces, and I a practical down to earth Capricorn. We didn't speak the same lingo even, but I admired his musical genius (he played the drums), and his intellect, even if "different". But there was no one to one in the relationship to speak of.

Yet, what I received from him, stayed with me helping to guide my path for decades afterwards and probably will until I die.

Just those few words, "To thine own self be true"...."Then thou canst be false to any other"

Your Sun and ASC are both Mercury ruled and you are a rare person with deep awareness about yourself, willing to admit to flaws you believe it may be which is RARE indeed.

I'd say don't worry about it, realize that we are what we are (as individuals)
the Sun being the personality which is a strong force both without and within, but the sub-conscious niggling you feel is from a higher source, your higher self (soul self)....Let that soul guide you in life and you'll not be sorry you did.

The planets you speak of (the natal chart) is "simply" a reflection of your past lifetimes come together in this one for your soul's reflection and benefit to overcome whatever challenges you meet in this lifetime.

Look to your Sidereal chart which puts your ASC into the prior sign of Leo for clues as to your spiritual self.There are even books out there which may help you understand this concept farther (the late John Wilner wrote "The Perfect Horoscope") and 2 others before he died. He was a scientist an engineer so thought with more a Mercurian Virgoish type of "must take apart and correct" attitude and what he wanted to correct was the natal charts and the "correct way" as he would say to read and understand your own.
Even though he was beyond my comprehension and patience to get through the book when I bought it, an astrologer I do realize is knowledgeable in these things, wrote a long review on Amazon for it, and guided me to this book.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/john-willner/502921

The only thing Wilner & I had in personal type of commonality, would be our respect for Edgar Cayce the medium and psychic of the last century, who spoke about the stars and astrology....from there Wilner took off in his own special way and I did as well but more for a lifestyle.

I think YOU have that kind of ability (like John Wilner) to comprehend the deeper meaning of the natal chart but proper guidance because you are already self-aware as though a 3rd person looking at yourself out of yourself. In the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus tells us to "be passerby"

https://www.amazon.com/John-Willner/s?k=John+Willner

Thats a precious gift you must have earned in the other lifetimes of the Soul's many journeys (check your Sidereal chart for clues)

Last edited:

cosmicseeing

Just those few words, "To thine own self be true"...."Then thou canst be false to any other"

Your Sun and ASC are both Mercury ruled and you are a rare person with deep awareness about yourself, willing to admit to flaws you believe it may be which is RARE indeed.

I'd say don't worry about it, realize that we are what we are (as individuals)
the Sun being the personality which is a strong force both without and within, but the sub-conscious niggling you feel is from a higher source, your higher self (soul self)....Let that soul guide you in life and you'll not be sorry you did.

The planets you speak of (the natal chart) is "simply" a reflection of your past lifetimes come together in this one for your soul's reflection and benefit to overcome whatever challenges you meet in this lifetime.

Look to your Sidereal chart which puts your ASC into the prior sign of Leo for clues as to your spiritual self.There are even books out there which may help you understand this concept farther (the late John Wilner wrote "The Perfect Horoscope") and 2 others before he died. He was a scientist an engineer so thought with more a Mercurian Virgoish type of "must take apart and correct" attitude and what he wanted to correct was the natal charts and the "correct way" as he would say to read and understand your own.
Even though he was beyond my comprehension and patience to get through the book when I bought it, an astrologer I do realize is knowledgeable in these things, wrote a long review on Amazon for it, and guided me to this book.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/john-willner/502921

The only thing Wilner & I had in personal type of commonality, would be our respect for Edgar Cayce the medium and psychic of the last century, who spoke about the stars and astrology....from there Wilner took off in his own special way and I did as well but more for a lifestyle.

I think YOU have that kind of ability (like John Wilner) to comprehend the deeper meaning of the natal chart but proper guidance because you are already self-aware as though a 3rd person looking at yourself out of yourself. In the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus tells us to "be passerby"

https://www.amazon.com/John-Willner/s?k=John+Willner

Thats a precious gift you must have earned in the other lifetimes of the Soul's many journeys (check your Sidereal chart for clues)

I have never looked at my sideral chart, and also I've never read the gospel of thomas but I am familiar with all of the new testament. Very interesting though, I will have to look into both as well as John Willner's books. Thank you leomoon.

also I wanted to say Mercury is right on my Midheaven too.

Eanahsti

Hi!

I have my Pisces moon, Aquarius Uranus, and Aquarius Neptune all in the 1st house.

I'm not sure about my 1st house Uranus affecting me in a very noticeable way since I already have the influence of an Aquarius ascendant. One thing about me is that I am bisexual which is something I attribute to Uranus and Aquarius since it is considered androgynous. My Pisces moon in the 1st house is definitely a big influencer on my personality since I often express my emotions easily to strangers that I haven't talked to before (maybe it's just my Aquarius rising being weird again).
My Neptune in the 1st house has consciously been a huge effector on my way of viewing myself. With this planet influencing my 1st house and conjunct my ascendant, I noticed that I can't see myself the way other people see me. Which can play out in multiple ways; one of them is my appearance. I look completely different (in my eyes) from what I see in the mirror and what I see in the camera. It's likely just camera angles, but it shows the amount of confusion I have in regards to my physical appearance. I believe Neptune can cause illusions on the image of oneself which can be either negative or positive. In a negative aspect, I believe it could possibly be linked to mental disorders such as body dysmorphia.