Triangle formed by two sextiles and a trine - means anything?

THan

I have this configuration between three planets in my birth chart: there are two pretty close sextiles between Moon and Venus and Venus and Uranus respectively, with Moon and Uranus forming a trine. I know that a configuration like this is usually considered as a part of a kite, with the central planet forming an opposition to another planet. Now, the thing is, I am not sure that I have the Grand Trine required for there to be a kite. That is, there may be one if you squint or use the astro.com wide orbs - but not with narrower orbs.

(The chart I attach is from astro.com and it does show a trine with Saturn, but the orbs are gigantic and I am not sure if I should even consider them.)

My question is - does this small triangle have any interpretative value of its own, even if neither the kite or the grand trine are present? Haven't found anything about this particular configuration.

Attachments

• NCh-THan.PNG
    NCh-THan.PNG
    104.1 KB · Views: 66

StillOne

The triangle you're referring to is known as a Minor Grand Trine or a Small Talent Triangle. Try searching the forum for it. :cool:

miquar

Hi.

Yes it certainly does have interpretive value. It's a very lovely configuration across those signs, encouraging you to connect with others (Moon and Venus) in increasingly expansive and meaningful ways.

I think you're right to question the grand trine because of the very wide trines to Saturn, especially since none of the three planets is opposite the midpoint of the other two. There are some very strong aspects in this chart such as the close conjunctions, the Mercury Pluto square and the talent triangle. These will dominate the chart and render the wide trines pretty much insignificant. Every factor in a chart is connected to every other factor in one way or another, so wide aspects don't give useful information about what is unique about a chart.

Best wishes

Miquar

THan

Thanks Miquar. Yes, the GT does seem a stretch with Saturn not exactly opposite anything. If anything, I reckon its mutual reception with Mercury in Cap is probably more significant, as well as its healthy trine with Asc...

No matter, I am quite happy with the minor grand trine (good to know the name:)).

miquar

Hi Than. I agree about the mutual reception - very important. If you want to find out more about how Saturn relates to other planets in this chart you could look into midpoints and harmonic charts.

THan

Oh, thanks! I am starting to get the hang of midpoints, but don't know anything about harmonics yet - so will be looking into that.