Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

I've only been following that saga peripherally, but my gut feeling when I heard he reappeared was that he was not out of the clear yet.

The possibility of him being deepfaked in a video is subtle for how sophisticated technology seems to be creeping in every crack and crevice of our lives.Ten years ago you'd only hear hardcore conspiracy folks make such claims, but now it's a legitimate possibility. It seems overnight it has been mainstream discourse to talk about a new space race, electric cars, widescale implementing of WAH arrangements, and cryptocurrency.

Goes back to what you said about the marrying of media, tech and government. But the trend cuts both ways and the average Joe has easier access to more sophisticated tools, resources and information which. I think gambits like GameStop are only the beginning, since this "Landmark" has given people some precedent on how to conduct collective actions through these tech avenues.

Before the 20s are over both Pluto and Uranus will be in Air. Sat/Jup in conj. Aqua has already been revealing in the events that have coincided with it.

conspiracy theorist

I don't remember which, but it's either that the Chinese is ruled by Aquarius or they have Aquarius Rising in their national chart. The grand conjunction (which marks the definitive cycle of Saturn/Jupiter conjunctions in Air signs for the foreseeable future) + Pluto might be shorthand for their upcoming supremacy. Mandarin has actually become a language that I'm seriously considering to learn, just based on the speculations I have for the rest of the 21st century.

conspiracy theorist

Unfortunately all the follow up questions that I'm interested in asking would mean revealing more than I know you're willing to.

The Pluto return of the US is also poignant. Leader of the "free world"? We'll see.

Osamenor

Staff member
So shrooms aren’t illegal at all? That’s crazy lol considering it was a class A drug (here in UK anyway)

Decriminalized doesn't mean fully legal. It just means nobody's getting arrested for having them or using them. They still can't be sold in shops or anything like that. The trade in them is still underground.

In contrast, several states have fully legalized marijuana, meaning it can be sold in shops--special ones. And it can be advertised through the usual advertising channels.

Decriminalization is often a first step towards legalization, but it puts the substance into a legal gray area.

Ukpoohbear

Decriminalized doesn't mean fully legal. It just means nobody's getting arrested for having them or using them. They still can't be sold in shops or anything like that. The trade in them is still underground.

In contrast, several states have fully legalized marijuana, meaning it can be sold in shops--special ones. And it can be advertised through the usual advertising channels.

Decriminalization is often a first step towards legalization, but it puts the substance into a legal gray area.

That makes sense actually because mushrooms are naturally grown and I don’t think people get violent on them, unless having a bad trip, and that’s rare.

Some people do well on them for things like sorting out their issues and general mental health problems. They can act normal and in control still. Not me though, my brain fights it. I wonder why but it’s probably something to do with ‘letting go.’

Osamenor

Staff member
That makes sense actually because mushrooms are naturally grown and I don’t think people get violent on them, unless having a bad trip, and that’s rare.

Some people do well on them for things like sorting out their issues and general mental health problems. They can act normal and in control still. Not me though, my brain fights it. I wonder why but it’s probably something to do with ‘letting go.’

Maybe mushrooms aren't what you need, and that's why your brain is fighting it. Inner wisdom.

Those strongly psychoactive plants (and fungi) are the sledgehammers of herbal medicine. Most people don't need the sledgehammer, most of the time. Gentler medicines are usually more effective. All medicinal herbs have an emotional/spiritual component to their medicine, and can be used for that effect in particular. That doesn't require a psychoactive effect.

Osamenor

Staff member
My brother I spoke of, who died nearly a year ago, was Sagittarius Sun and Asc, with a Virgo Moon.

He smoked the strongest bud he could find, from the time he was 14. He said it didn't "space him out", it focused him.

The grass was greener on the other side for him, which turned out to be in Bali.
And living there, he didn't feel the need to smoke the herb at all!

What is remembered lives. You're keeping your brother alive beautifully!

Ukpoohbear

Maybe mushrooms aren't what you need, and that's why your brain is fighting it. Inner wisdom.

Those strongly psychoactive plants (and fungi) are the sledgehammers of herbal medicine. Most people don't need the sledgehammer, most of the time. Gentler medicines are usually more effective. All medicinal herbs have an emotional/spiritual component to their medicine, and can be used for that effect in particular. That doesn't require a psychoactive effect.

Yeah, inner wisdom, that’s it. I escape reality enough. Grounding and being sober and having structure and routine is where my medicine is. I think it’s people who are naturally more in control of their environment who handle it well. Maybe also people who don’t have anxiety.

Not judging (a little) but I think seeking spiritual experiences through an unnatural way is just smoke and mirrors.

conspiracy theorist

I agree the return sounds ominous. Would you say it bears out in the history of other countries and empires?

Not sure. For starters, I'd imagine that gathering the requisite charts would be a pain if we tried to do a survey of the dominant empires spanning the last 2000 years, due to all the technicalities involved in the creation of regimes/nation states. It's a good topic to tackle for an extended article, though.

Osamenor

Staff member
Yeah, inner wisdom, that’s it. I escape reality enough. Grounding and being sober and having structure and routine is where my medicine is. I think it’s people who are naturally more in control of their environment who handle it well. Maybe also people who don’t have anxiety.
The sledgehammer effect can exacerbate anxiety. It's better served with nervine herbs, which are not psychoactive, not at all illegal, and don't interfere with being grounded and sober. Some of them even help that along. If sobriety is an issue for you, try skullcap: it brings the relaxation that you might be looking for in substance use, and its medicinal properties include breaking addictive or compulsive habits.

Not judging (a little) but I think seeking spiritual experiences through an unnatural way is just smoke and mirrors.
When people use psychoactive drugs, botanical or otherwise, they're nearly always using them divorced from their appropriate context. Magic mushrooms are a shaman's tool, but you don't get to be a shaman just because you say so. Real shamans are using something handed down through their own culture (or, in some cases, a culture that has been appropriately shared with them), NOT committing cultural appropriation, and they're using it in a way designed to recognize and hold the sacredness of the plant and the experience. If you're just after getting high, that's not honoring the sacredness.

Marijuana's history is more diffuse, but still, it's a powerful plant that must be respected. Often, though, people using it aren't giving it the respect it's due, they're just demanding a high.

I have very strong feelings about this, as you can see. There are places I won't go, as an herbalist.

Ukpoohbear

The sledgehammer effect can exacerbate anxiety. It's better served with nervine herbs, which are not psychoactive, not at all illegal, and don't interfere with being grounded and sober. Some of them even help that along. If sobriety is an issue for you, try skullcap: it brings the relaxation that you might be looking for in substance use, and its medicinal properties include breaking addictive or compulsive habits.

When people use psychoactive drugs, botanical or otherwise, they're nearly always using them divorced from their appropriate context. Magic mushrooms are a shaman's tool, but you don't get to be a shaman just because you say so. Real shamans are using something handed down through their own culture (or, in some cases, a culture that has been appropriately shared with them), NOT committing cultural appropriation, and they're using it in a way designed to recognize and hold the sacredness of the plant and the experience. If you're just after getting high, that's not honoring the sacredness.

Marijuana's history is more diffuse, but still, it's a powerful plant that must be respected. Often, though, people using it aren't giving it the respect it's due, they're just demanding a high.

I have very strong feelings about this, as you can see. There are places I won't go, as an herbalist.

I will read up about Nervine herbs and look into skullcap. I think sobriety is an issue for me, I have previously used alcohol and marijuana as a coping mechanism although I have thankfully grown out of it now but I have recently learned I can’t play with it. If it wasn’t for my spiritual beliefs which eventually led to having a strong foundation, it would probably still be an issue for me. Actually, just at Xmas, as a coping mechanism, I started smoking cannabis again. I have stopped again and on stop smoking patches because of the tobacco I was smoking with it. That’s been my New Years resolution. It was meant to be giving up alcohol altogether, but now that will happen in a couple of months officially because I’m allowing myself the odd drink but not getting drunk. I don’t abuse alcohol anymore but did binge when I partied years ago. Recently, I I saw it creeping up because of my stress with work I started drinking at wknds. A bottle of vodka a month since maybe August time. Not a lot to some people but a lot to others. I had an ‘inner wisdom’ voice that told me if I did not give it up completely, I would have health issues in a few years. It was about alcohol specifically.. I know how important these voices are when they happen so I took the warning seriously. Skullcap would probably be good for me and any medicine that alleviates anxiety. It’s anxiety that causes it in the first place.

I don’t think you’re coming across overly strong about it. You’re right, people are just demanding a high as a coping mechanism. It’s a mix of PTSD and ADHD maybe. I see it a lot in people who I used to hang with when I partied. People are lost in trauma. But they don’t have the inner foundation I was given by my spirituality, the shaman gave me the foundation. Feeling a foundation inside me for the first time was an amazing feeling. Without it, you’re gone with the wind. But thankfully, we all have eternity to realize it.

I also love that you said that shrooms are a shaman drug. Makes complete sense. When I mentioned earlier that some people work better on shrooms I was thinking of a time a guy told me he was arrested by he police and he took all his acid so the police couldn’t charge him for it. He said it helped him cope with being arrested. And funnily enough, I think he is a shaman. He has gone from being a drug kingpin to opening a business that employs ex-convicts. His eyes reminded me of my shaman so I probed for spiritual experiences. While locked in solitary confinement, he said he left his body and it was in prison he came up with his business idea. He’s not spiritual but j don’t think everyone is meant to know what they are, but they still are. Maybe he will awaken later in life. But he’s serving his community in a powerful way and that’s why he came here :) south node conjunct Pluto in 1st house describes it nicely.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
That’s been my New Years resolution. It was meant to be giving up alcohol altogether, but now that will happen in a couple of months officially because I’m allowing myself the odd drink but not getting drunk.

That's really the best approach to New Year's resolutions: make it a goal, not something you expect yourself to instantly do and stick to. Taking the "I will from now on always do x/never do y" approach is setting yourself up for failure, which is why New Year's resolutions are seldom kept. It's not realistic to instantly, completely, and forever change a habit just because you said so. It takes time.

leomoon

Passiflora: Leomoon will probably remember the name of the wonderful Australian mundane astrologer who passed away in the last year or two - hopefully his website is archived somewhere, as his political observations were sharp.

There have been a few of them now. Most are still with us, but Ed Tamplin died a few years ago. For 2 yrs you could read his posts as the site stayed up, but now it appears to be gone. :sad:

I found this article he wrote:
https://isarastrology.org/ed-tamplin-earthquakes-and-astrology/

His chart :
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Tamplin,_Ed

I'm thinking if I can recall his Astro blog (I'll send it if I find it) we could use the "Wayback Machine" with the url. Lots of people loved his work.
Before he passed over, (can't recall if it was when Barack Obama ran against Hillary, OR if it was 2016 when HRC ran against DJT? but he wrote me on FB and asked me for HRC's time of birth. I gave him what I thought was correct and STILL do for that matter, but he became very upset when he learned it was "in question" (2 times given)

Anyone THAT nit-picky, I stopped communicating at that time with him. But you know TOO, that is what makes a good astrologer competent with their info and he wanted it to be absolutely correct as possible!:rightful:
Can't blame him for that I suppose.

He is well thought of globally, but especially so in Oz:

At his passing his natal Moon was receiving an exact solar transit by square, and Saturn, the planet of closure, was conjunct his natal Moon. Farewell to a great man and excellent astrologer
https://www.faainc.org.au/ed-tamplin-in-memoriam/

Last edited:

leomoon

He run the Sirius School of Astrology. He was involved in the FAA (Federation of Australian Astrologers), He is known for his Eye in the Sky regular column in the national quarterly publication. Ed's speciality was mundane astrology.
He had Algol Rising, on the ASC - and his Moon shows just how cranky if the astrology info was in the least bit off! :cool: As the old saying goes, "never speak ill of the dead".

Interesting too, he died of prostrate cancer. It was around the same time he was so ill, that my husband too was being looked at for prostrate cancer. They both have a signature of Scorpio (with Ed it was the lord of the 6th and across from the ASC) with my husband, Scorpio Rising.
With Ed he had Saturn & Neptune both in Libra (5th hs.) with my husband, a Libra Sun-Neptune-Venus.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Tamplin,_Ed

For my husband, he had Tr Pluto squaring his natal Sun in Libra, and went through 6 or more months of great stress and worry (doctor kept making mistakes we switched doctors) - and it turned out it was a large infection and not cancer afterall.

For Ed, not so lucky - (see his natal chart ) when he died he had TR Pluto & Saturn over his 8th house opposing all his planets in the 2nd of which there were many (Sun,Mars Uranus Merc)

Rest in Peace Ed.