Does everyone reincarnate? Do you believe in it?

MJ82

Please discuss :cool:

I've been thinking about karma a lot lately and about life after death, the possibility (the alluring idea) of reincarnation (pluto in the 8th here lol), and I really want to know what others think about this. I've read about reincarnation and many people seem strongly convinced of it.

Do we all reincarnate? Or only some people? What might be the signs/hints of (future) reincarnation in one's chart? Are you comfortable with the idea?

It's interesting to think that we all might have a chance(s) to start again... :whistling:

StillOne

IMO, we reincarnate according to our karma. That being said, we may not reincarnate into human form depending on our karma...

JUPITERASC

Fwiw IMO the concept of reincarnation is in accord with the obviously reasonable idea that it is only fair and just that we all - at some stage - experience the consequences of our individual 'karmas' aka 'actions' :smile:

Kannon

Please discuss :cool:

I've been thinking about karma a lot lately and about life after death, the possibility (the alluring idea) of reincarnation (pluto in the 8th here lol), and I really want to know what others think about this. I've read about reincarnation and many people seem strongly convinced of it.

Do we all reincarnate? Or only some people? What might be the signs/hints of (future) reincarnation in one's chart? Are you comfortable with the idea?

It's interesting to think that we all might have a chance(s) to start again... :whistling:

I do not believe there is a rule that we must reincarnate. However, those of us who come into this dimension by nature care about what is being created here and we tend to return.

I am completely comfortable with this. I recall some of my own previous lifetimes, a very simple thing with hypnosis. 2/3 of the world's population believes in reincarnation in some form. Why do westerners have so much trouble with it?

Anachiel

All I have to add to this is something I have pondered for quite some time: If reincarnation is "true" or "real", and, there are more people on the planet now than at any other time in history, where did all these extra souls come from????

kimbermoon

IMO, one of the best movies considering this concept is What Dreams May Come, with Robin Williams...in the end we see that he is given the choice whether to return again or not...I think this plausible...I do believe in reincarnation,despite the many claims to the contrary which is merely a mind thought that keeps us in fear: I have experienced past life dreams; yet I do not believe in the Buddhist dogma relating to karma and reincarnation...
I prefer not to think of the death of the body as being 'the end'...I prefer it as a 'return to innocence.'
It is our consciousness, as well as all the hidden aspects of the psyche contained within that consciousness, that are propelled into a new dimensional realm... perhaps then the more evolved we are the greater the choice of whether to reincarnate or not...and perhaps the more baggage we get rid of during this life frame, the greater the chance to make a choice...I like to think of my essence becoming a 're-birth advisor' that helps others determine and program the plan they are going to set out if they reincarnate...through the use of astrology, of course.
I think the only thing in the chart relating to a future reality is associated with the North Node...we can only really look back before we can perceive the future yet to unfold.

StillOne

All I have to add to this is something I have pondered for quite some time: If reincarnation is "true" or "real", and, there are more people on the planet now than at any other time in history, where did all these extra souls come from????
Possibly from other areas of our Universe or from the Soul Bank! :biggrin:

Anachiel

Possibly from other areas of our Universe or from the Soul Bank! :biggrin:

(off topic, for a sec. sorry couldn't resist)

Oh no! Not the Soul Bank!

Wasn't that a disco move or something??

If I don't have enough soul can I make a withdrawal?

(Ok, back to your regularly scheduled discourse)

StillOne

...in the end we see that he is given the choice whether to return again or not...I think this plausible...
I agree and think that some "evolved" souls have the option to choose to how to come back (if they choose to do so) and some return as prophets, for example.

Last edited:

stainedBlue

The body is just a vessel for conscious manifestation in this sphere. If I'm understanding your question correctly, it's based on the premise that the souls would have had to previously exist in a body to reincarnate; but if that's so, then where would the initial incarnating soul have come from for the human race?

I recall reading Edgar Cayce mentioning something about different spheres that can be incarnated to, with the implication that they aren't necessarily material spheres of existence. Whether this was meant literally, I don't recall the context well enough to say, but I am inclined to think it's true. We're all energy, and as such 'all is one, and one is all.' Which leaves the question of where individual consciousness comes from and why it chose to 'separate' (for lack of a better word) from the collective to incarnate in the first place, or why the collective chose to form individuality for incarnation. What's behind those beautiful heavens we look up to and use as a means of interpretation and guidance?

My own felt awareness of something higher, something beyond this material realm, something much more comforting, along with past life memories I've recollected, leaves me believing in reincarnation. I speculate the purpose is to raise lower frequency energy to a higher frequency for transcendence of this particular realm, that souls incarnate and reincarnate because they wish to aid in this process. As for why, I don't know. An experiment? Training? I can only guess.

retinoid

Honestly I have done past life regressions and I 'supposedly', if they weren't mind fragments, only had 3 lives (not including me now) on this earth. My theory is not everyone HAS to reincarnate on earth, but a lot do have to. I also personally believe that a lot of people alive now were probably from different realms/dimensions/planets/etc. Most likely due to the fact that earth now needs a change due to the destructive capacity of humans.

Anachiel

I recall reading Edgar Cayce mentioning something about different spheres that can be incarnated to, with the implication that they aren't necessarily material spheres of existence....

Yes, I do recall that now. Cayce was describing souls as actually sojourning to different planetary spheres. For example, Saturn, he described, as being a place to begin anew. Other planets had other vibrations and reasons for going or being there.

I guess in light of that, we are inhabiting, right now, just one of the many cosmic stations in the universe and perhaps sharing it with others really "not of this world"!

aquarius7000

Hi,

Being a firm believer in the theory of Karma, which is one of the main constituents of Reincarnation, yes, I do believe that we all reincarnate into some form or the other. As someone said, it might not always be in the human form though.

The soul lives on, and just takes on another set of clothing, namely living form on reincarnating. I think it is in Hinduism that it is said that the soul has to complete or go through a no. of lifetimes in order to complete or learn the purpose it was sent for at all.

Anyways, these are mostly hypothetical theories, what we might have read or heard, and often difficult to validate, just like cases of NDE's (Near Death Exp.) are. This is one of the reasons why Westners have a problem with it. Other than that, of course, due to a certain living standard having been achieved in the Western world for most, who has the time for all this when material achievement is what we are most interested in and with all the distractions there.

:)AQ7

Fyrefly

Interesting timing. I am reading Steven Forrest's "Yesterday's Sky" at the moment, about astrology and reincarnation, and find it really resonates with me. If I ever studied seriously enough to be considered a professional astrologer, this is the kind of astrology I think I'd want to pursue.

I would have to say, yes, I believe in it based on a trip to the Scottish Highlands I once took. It felt like I had been there before, and of course, I hadn't. It just felt so familiar. I was...happy there? Yes. Happy.

retinoid

I've always just wanted my consciousness to be obliterated and I could become some sort of atom or something and just bouncing around. I hate the concept of reincarnation as I would NEVER want to come back to live life again even if I came back as a billionaire without a care in the world. Life is tiring and aggravating usually, even if you are spiritual you still get banged up on the rocky road. Perhaps even more so.

We can only speculate unfortunately-another reason why life is hard. Best thing to do is just find meaning in what you are doing...even if it is mundane. Like making money or finding a relationship so you don't totally dream your life away in attaining something that is truly unattainable in the physical.

piercethevale

Namaste`, I haven't read any of the other replies.
I can't tell you for sure whether anyone has never had to, but I can tell you that, I'm 100% sure that most everyone does and does have to.
I've been a yogi since the summer of 1968 when I was 15. Having been instructed how to mediate by someone I consider to be as my first spiritual teacher. Also, I was given a mantra to use and told how to focus ones Dharana, [concentration], Dhyana [meditation] and Samadhi [absorption] in a process that yogis utilize to achieve Samyama [all of those 3 in unison].

When given that instruction by other than the kind of Guru that means the simple transliteration [or translation...as I always get the meaning of those two words confused and so does most everyone else I've noticed.] of "Teacher", and told to focus on the Ajna, which is called by some as the "Third Eye" and also to use the Bija Mantra, OM, if perchance that is achieved then the yogi who has succeeded, having not a Guru [as this teacher was not one in the more stricter meaning of the word...and that means someone spiritually evolved to at least a level as to where they know what they are doing in your best interest and take full karmic responsibility for that. They are also known to take on any amount of your Karma they wish to in order to speed your spiritual evolution. ] He becomes a chela of the Bija itself and thus only God is that yogis' Sat Guru. Sat Guru, literally, "Truth Teacher", or it could be said as True Teacher. It's the "Archetype" ..some wish to call any one and or all of them an "Avatar", but, in my humble opinion, that word has been abused a lot lately....as is Yeshua/Jesus. Krishna, Rama, Buddha and the other Ascended Masters or Bodhisattvas and the like...meaning: He serves only God through Gods Light and Word, as the Light and the Word are one. OM is that Word, and the Light. That "Light" can't exist in this material Universe, but can be experienced by achieving Samyama, concentration, meditation and absorption in 3 part unison with the Word. Now I don't understand the mechanics of this, I only know it by direct experience. I do know that I was told, or had it explained to me, that in the state of Essence that I achieved I was in what some call the 'Etheric' realm and I'm pretty that is the one I had it explained to me was it [to me the names of so many things of this nature are trivial, about as important to me as naming all the towns between here, in Folsom, and San Francisco that I pass through driving there.] and yet some might call it the "Astral" realm and then there are those, myself included, that say the two are different but neither one is of the material realm. And there will probably be among the other members of the forum that has more to say about that in particular. There must be one other member here that can identify them for you if you really think, or feel, you have to know. I have a pretty strong conviction that the Man known as Yeshua/Jesus of Nazareth, most certainly did walk on water but can't tell you how he did it by any process that is of physical science...which doesn't mean it can't or that it isn't a physical science, it may be a more advanced and thus complete understanding of a physical science...I'm not sure. Some will say that it's a another type of science, 'Spiritual Science", or "Metaphysical Science", some even call it "White Magick", yogis in India call it a "siddhi" and there is an Order of Siddha Yoga as one of the Paths of Yoga to and with God and there are Siddha Yogis. Again, this not really pertinent to the question. I'll say this for what I do know:

As to the ability to walk on water, it is a 'siddhi' that some yogis sometimes do achieve or obtain. It is even described, and instructions are given, as how to achieve or obtain it. [and maybe earn or deserve might be a more proper word as to a way of saying.]...as so are a number of other "siddhis" in a very old text from India written by or ascribed to a very accomplished yogi by the name of Pantanjali. Each requires a different application of the meditation to achieve that which, is based on the 3 part unison method of yoga and meditation, I mentioned earlier. To be clear I'll only say this: to walk on water one doesn't focus on the Ajna. Interestingly it also bestows the "siddhi" [There apparently are a number of these that bestows more than one siddhi".] the ability to physically die at will and come back to life by will. At his point I have to stop and say: I know what some of you might be thinking here...let me just make it clear right here and now...I don't know anything about "That". But, it is written by, the very renowned and revered, yogi of Pantanjali, and some say his writings [or dissertations of His that were written down] are far older than historians wish to or want to admit. I'm not saying anything on this subject other than that, as it isn't pertinent to the particular question that is being asked.

It is the "Word", one and the same as the same one written of, "In the Beginning..." that the Bible speaks of, that is One with God. The Word God spoke, so as, to "Let there be Light", as OM is the Word of Manifestation

[Similar to saying "So be it", only it's a Bija sound and "Bija" means "Seed", it is the "Seed" of Creation. It is That which is said at the end of any prayer in Sanskrit, and as far as I know, also that of the modern versions of that language...compare it to that which is used in the same fashion and said to be for the basic reason to any other word of other Religions or Languages that you wish. I have been told by some that attest that there are those that do actually achieve the power of manifestation or invocation, however you wish to call it, in other Religions of orientation to specific cultures and languages. If one believes Edgar Cayce, it boils down to a logical conclusion, it is of 'Racial' matters...but Cayce also said that the 'Destiny' is for the 5 Races of Humankind to become one...and as to that, "I'm not 'Saying'...I'm just saying." I have the blood of at least 3 Races in my veins and why I'm telling you that, is for only what can be determined from that, as to any questions as to mixed racial identity. Are the others' actually effective, you're no doubt asking? I don't know, I only know it is effective for me and I've never had to use any other, so I didn't have to find out.]

That was a lot of explanation to be able for me to go beyond my mentioning the event early in my life with Samyama on the Bija Mantra, OM, in this answer I'm offering to your question, it was necessary in order for me to proceed with the rest of it. This is, or surely must be, a rare, maybe extremely rare occurrence to achieve on a first attempt and at such a young age...and I have heard it said just that. I am not writing of this as to any reason of ego, self importance, reason of delusion or the sort. I understand that most yogis faithfully, diligently and most dedicatedly do their Yoga and their meditations many years before the experience of achieving any such state of Samyama oriented to the Path of Yoga they they are a chela/disciple of, that it finally happens. I've even read of a Swami or two, [A Swami is similar to the Head Honcho of any sect of a particular religion or belief] that had said they had not yet done so and, being as so, that account was taken in their advancing years and no follow up accounting I know of ever said anything else, I don't know of anymore than that. What is learned through the experience is of concern to the topic here is that 'One' [you, me, any 'One' of them.] is out of body and the experience bestows the understanding that 'One' is a being of "Conscious Light and Energy" as that is THE ESSENCE of you that made Samyama on the Word which is the Eternal Light and Energy.
As Einstein proved by writting the equation, E = MCsqrd., you may recall that this equation demonstrates that you can't really destroy matter it just reverts [as it was, "In the Beginning"] to it's basic two components, those two being that, of Light and that of Energy.
So as Matter is represented by M in the equation and E represents Energy and C represents Light...so isolate M by algebraic process to determine that Matter, M = E/Csqrd. And as Light and Energy is never destroyed either, and can only be converted back to Matter, it proves that you are immortal or it may be more proper to say: You are Eternal, as your pure Essence is a form of Light and Energy that is also in a 3 part unison with your Eternal consciousness, ONE, with Gods Eternal Light and Energy. As it is said in the Bible that God cannot exist in this universe that God created [...a moment to explain: I use a gender neutral term/word of simply just, 'God', which isn't one of the true names ...as I haven't ever heard otherwise, I won't say for sure... but it's the only way I know to be both politically and spiritually correct, or believe myself to be] God created the Sun as it is a form of that Eternal Light [which is part of the very essence of God...meaning it is...but not All God Is.] as Gods', sort of, 'Proxy' for Humankind...well, it's not just for us, it is the only way that the Universe can be illuminated and provided the nourishment too. [As can be understood by many as to that, some of the Holiest Words of Sanskrit are the 12 names of the Sun, and one of the 12 is the name, Purusha, which literally means, "Nourisher".] As Einstein said and/or proved [or thought He had, since there have been some experiments and tests since] that light has a constant speed that, you may recall He said, if that speed could be exceeded, that 'One' would travel forward in time. Well, what about the speed of Light squared? What is that all about.? That is the Eternal Light that cannot exist in this Universe. That Light travels so fast it catches up to the very first light ever in this physical realm that travels that [so called] constant speed, yet is also in whole itself part of the Eternal Light. [I know that does sound paradoxical, but physical light is a paradox in that it is both particle and wave. Remember that being both whole and in part of the Eternal Light and that he Eternal Light and Word are ONE... remember that sound is a wave...and I've oft thought, that possibly that is, the answer the scientists seek for that perceived enigma.]

Well, I have a hunch, you're probably saying: What does that achieve?
It's the present when the present catches up with the past and thus all that follows always follows what is present... there is no time...just the Eternal Now, that which is the realm God, and some, 'ONE' with God, dwells in... but for which I've only experienced that once [and one experience will definitively last a life time...I doubt that anyone ever, that has or did, has said otherwise.] though the partial essence of Gods' being, that of the Eternal Light and Eternal Energy and our Consciousness which is an Essence of God but also altered in a way [In my humble opinion, based upon the experience and subsequent conclusion] so it can exist in this universe.
The Rabbis of Hebrew-ism know this, or at least I know those that are of Kabbalistic study and knowledge. Here's a link to explain through Kabbalistic knowledge, on "wikipedia", that what the construct of Creation is in the abstract, and in which within it you'll find this following passage... and if you wish or need to know more on that you can read it there.

The Law, or Precept, of Karma.
Once any form here in creation that has free will that produces offspring has to abide by the very Law, or Precept, of this Creation, being that of obligation to what they do outside of Gods will and by that I mean they now will have to pay that debt...so to speak. This is an obligation of being a Parent, and should give most anyone that has read to this point an understanding as to why having a child is not something to be taken lightly. As the great American psychic, Edgar Cayce once explained; the first beings were those souls that came into Creation [where I assume, they were not supposed to enter into... or something like that] and being fascinated by the "Beasts of the Earth" engaging in copulation, and the fact that the Males would fight, to the death, for the experience of the 'Orgasm", these souls thought that it must surely be something they wanted to experience, and know, for themselves. That's why it is written, and is said, there actually were those strange creatures appearing to be, half animal and half man, of what 'They' say is of myth and or of legend. These souls became trapped and God created Woman for these by cleaving souls in halves and God asked many more of the souls that hadn't gone into creation as the re were/are so obedient, [these "Souls" are oft referred to by members of a 'Path to God" by one proper name that is "The Sons of Light"...another is that what people of another "Path to God" say which is the "The Sons of God". All true Religions that adhere to the proper rites are a "Path to God".] to volunteer to also go into Creation to help rescue those souls that had become trapped in Karma so as not to continuously progress into spiritual de-evolution , or involution as it may be called, and become more enmeshed in Matter [Maya to the Sanskrit term].
Thus now you can maybe understand that the Tree Knowledge and the Apple being what some sam is the sex act and that the knowledge made Adam and Eve aware of their nakedness is that sex was not intended for them to get back into as that does produce offspring. The sex act was only to be done in a way that is called "Tantric" in Sanskrit...meaning...I don't think I have to explain it or draw a picture at this point.
Thus present state of things...and I won't go into the Garden of Eden all that as that is basically beyond what you asked.
so the passage and then the link to the entire page on this subject at wikipedia which will follow:

"The Chabad View

In Chabad Hassidism, on the other hand, the concept of Tzimtzum is understood as not meant to be interpreted literally, but rather to refer to the manner in which God impresses His presence upon the consciousness of finite reality [2]: thus tzimtzum is not only seen as being a real process but is also seen as a doctrine that every person is able, and indeed required, to understand and meditate upon.
In the Chabad view, the function of the Tzimtzum was "to conceal from created beings the activating force within them, enabling them to exist as tangible entities, instead of being utterly nullified within their source" [6]. The tzimtzum produced the required "vacated space" (chalal panui חלל פנוי, chalal חלל), devoid of direct awareness of God's presence.
Here Chassidut sheds light on the concept of Tzimtzum via the analogy of a person and his speech. (The source of this analogy is essentially Genesis Chapter 1, where God "spoke" to create heaven and earth.):"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzimtzum

You see, the "Chalal Panui", was what I'm talking about, in that God and or any pure Essence of God, in it's "Perfect State", cannot exist in this Creation of Gods'.
[and I find it so very interesting, in that the Hebrew word, "Chalal", is not too unlike that of the word "Chalice"...and as to what the two can also mean to their respective inherent sources ]
OM Tat Sat Om Sat Nam OM Prema Nam OM.
My You Blessed by the Creator if you seek the Creators Truth and Love and be ONE with IT THAT IS.
ptv aka Devananda, [As is my "Sat Nam" or literally translated "Truth Name" as ones true name is of Sat ~Truth, and Prema is Love, and both of those are two of the 72 names of God. They are the only ones I am assured of.]

...and btw...fyi that "Eternal Energy"...I'll let you see if you can't figure out what that is... OM Tat Sat OM [May the TRUTH BE TAUGHT and so be it by HIS WORD] it can also be translated to mean [as it does also mean] May the Truth be made Manifest by His Word...as the Q.E.D. [as they say in Latin] is what some require.

Last edited:

piercethevale

This is a notification to anyone that read the above earlier, today or yesterday [depending upon you location of geography] that I have extensively revised and re-written it, as it so sorely needed. I pray, and hopefully have, that I've done an adequate work.
I apologize for having posted it as it was. I was pressed for time before I had neared the completion of a first draft, due to an obligation of mine previous to the endeavor. As this thread only became aware to me late yesterday afternoon I hadn't planned on writing it.
[and actually I thought the above post wasn't too bad when I left here at about 8pm last night, having spent about, [it's hard to recall but, I 'll say...] about 4 or 5 hours]
I felt obligated, though, to provide some answer as swiftly as I could produce 'one', for the reason that this is possibly [and I say possibly, in that I don't know definitely but have indications and reason to believe so, or perhaps it is better if said as, a reasonable possibility.] the thresh hold of a period of great transition and that transition may be something of a nature that requires an certain amount of spiritual fortitude.

[Now, the foolowing is only "how I see it" or perhaps I should say, in my humble opinion...but to me it's quite more than an opinion.]

There seems to be quite the struggle, and bordering on one of desperation suddenly by some people, and even groups of people with a common agenda, or cause, among them, for the minds of many of the masses, and as many as possible. If I may use the word, it's actually a 'Battle'. But the "Battle" is within your own minds [those of you that aren't "Enlightened" as to the "TRUTH"... and by truth, I mean that same "TRUTH" that is of "ONE with all true Paths to God". [I do not claim to be so enlightened nor to have all the "TRUTH" and some may say anything less than all the "TRUTH" is not truth at all. That's for you to decide. I'll will say, that anything that is tainted with lies is certainly not, the "TRUTH", no matter even if it is just one very small lie.] It can't be a fair fight if the mind is not a neutral arena or at least an un-biased one.

I have an obligation to dispense what knowledge and experience that provide a field of fair evaluation and [some will say conjecture, but I prefer to say it as, an informed and experienced based conclusion]... as to how I know I do have such an obligation?...I believe I explained that in the post above. Those that can see that, need no further comment here by me. Those that don't, As the words to a song, by the Grateful Dead, go, "Believe it if you need it, if not just pass it by."

Anyone that has read my posts, or enough of them, of these past two or three weeks, Knows that I've been really burning the candle on one end, and then the other end trying to keep up with all I have suddenly found "on my plate" each day. Many of these past days I had intended to retire for the day and get a full allotment of rest and sleep. Most of this past week those days that I had intentions of staying awake no more than around 16 or 17 hours turned into nearly, or so, or over 24 hours due to so much research, writing and dealing with every thing else that I have to deal with.

I started the revision and rewriting of the above last night at around 10 pm or a little later...it is now just after 7 am... and earlier yesterday, long before I came upon this thread, I had planned on going to bed no later than 10 or 11 pm...and this has become yet another one of those days ,of which have now become a continuous list.

Well if there is anything to the 'thresh hold" matter of which I wrote...and if what all I wrote does help only one get past it safely...it is worth it!
Namaste`, ptv

ps...in addition as to an answer of the question, I had intended to say additionally. I did recieve a revelation, as some do call such things, through meditation and mantra entreating the great entity that is now known as an Ascended being , that being the one known as Rama. This was around time I was of age 22. The same that the Bhakti Yogis do Japa [mantra] to along with the avatar known as Krishna. By the Grace of Rama I was given what some call, "The Vision of the Beloved". It is not unlike that passage in the ''Siddhartha" [which I came across some years after the vision i had] in which the boat man reveled all His prior faces of each incarnation and it is just as described it appears a a wheel of faces as I was allowed to see my own wheel [although I wasn't sure what it was at first as it was the last morphization of a series of 'mandalas' that appeared before me in my Ajna [minds eye] that spun and morphed one into another and the final 'madala' to appear is that of the wheel I speak of...just prior to the very last part of this over all vision ..that of the Beloved. As to who or whom the Beloved is.... that is for you to find out your selves.
I will say that I've been here many life times...more than I could count and the last face I saw on the 'Wheel', was my own present one which was followed by a number of white silhouettes ...which I understand to mean...it won't be the last lifetime I'm going to be here.
OM Hare Rama OM
Devananda, aka ptv

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've always just wanted my consciousness to be obliterated and I could become some sort of atom or something and just bouncing around. I hate the concept of reincarnation as I would NEVER want to come back to live life again even if I came back as a billionaire without a care in the world...
Billionaires are not necessarily 'without a care in the world'! :smile:
Life is tiring and aggravating usually, even if you are spiritual you still get banged up on the rocky road. Perhaps even more so.
Fwiw, IMO one's life reflects the consequences of one's own actions
We can only speculate unfortunately-another reason why life is hard. Best thing to do is just find meaning in what you are doing...even if it is mundane. Like making money or finding a relationship so you don't totally dream your life away in attaining something that is truly unattainable in the physical.
How can a focus on solely money/relationships assist in 'finding meaning in what you are doing?'

What is your advice to the jobless? What is your advice to those who do not have a relationship and prefer not to occupy themselves with 'finding a relationship'?