Escape! From the Cult of Materialism

rahu

Banned
what a curious and prescient view of science,from bram stoker's Dracula:

ah,it is the fault of our science, that it wants to explain all: and if it explains not, then it says there is nothing to explain.but yet we see around us every day the growth of new beliefs, which we think themselves new: and which are yet the old, which pretend to be young-like the fine ladies in the opera. I suppose now you do not believe in corporeal transferanve.N0?nor in materialization. No?nor astral bodies.No? nor reading of thoughts No? nor in hypnotisms...yes.

The best critique of Darwinism is “Darwin on Trial “by Philip E.Johnson, intervarsity press 1993.
Johnston is a professor of law specializing in the logic of arguments.
Though he does present paleontological evidence that discredits Darwinist, most of the book deals with the logic or illogic arguments of the Darwinist position.
Darwinist simply does not have empirical evidence from the fossil record to substantiate the theory(not fact) of naturistic, purposeless evolution. According to Darwin there should be many fossils of the intermediate species that elvolve into later specie. But there is not. Darwin asnsered this problem by saying that the fossil record is incomplete and in the future the evidence of these missing intermediate species will appear. But 100 years later and the fossil record has become even more indicative of the lack of these necessary intermediate specie.
There are two examples that could support Darwin.one is the famous archaeopteryx ,65 million years ago,which was a flying dinosaur with teeth and claws that does seem to fit the intermediate speciesbetween dinosaurs and birds. But newer fossils of birds have been dated, (not with out critics) to 200 million years old which would meant that archaeopteryx was a later side branch and not a direct progenitors of modern birds.
The important word here is direct as Darwin’s theory needs a single genome to directly lead back to the progenitor specie of the modern specie.
There are a collection of reptile /mammal fossils in existence but they cannot be distinguished as to which were reptile and which were proto mammal and therefore cannot give a direct line of decent.

Of the most famous fossils or those of modern man and Darwinist like to point out to the clear line of descent through 4-5 hominids. But the most recent evidence has show that these examples of hominid evolution were in many case living at the same time. So there is no line of descent rather a “bush”.
And more recent investigation has shown that many of these hominids have as much ape like characteristic as proto human characteristic. That is it looks like curtain characteristic might become human in the future. But it is all speculation and prejudice.

One of the most blatant example of Darwinist prejudice is that when one sees a diorama or a illustration of pre human hominids, they always have modern human bodies but ape like heads. This is pure propaganda

But the overwhelming picture of the fossil record is that there are no intermediate species present, only distinctly different species that appear with no progenitor.

When Darwinist are faced with evidence against Darwin’s theory, they usually revert to tautological statements. That is needless repletion of the same sense in different words or a statement that includes all logical possibilities and is therefore always true and hence meaningless for empirical investigation.
The basic concept of natural selection is a tautology. It states the fittest ibdivudauls in a popultion will leve the most offspring,but when asked what does fittest mean?,the answer is those who leave the most off spring. So this circular logic leaves no room for investigation as to it truth or falsity and is in the end meaning less empirically.

Anyways a most remarkable book that shook the Darwinist school.

rahu

Banned
http://beforeitsnews.com/religion/2...ture-unite-2539706.html?currentSplittedPage=2

Pope Declares “God Is Not a Divine Being…”? God and Darwin Unite
shutterstock_122948293.jpg
So the decision is up to you. Do you subscribe to Biblical literalism or Biblical hermeneutics or non-literalism? Biblical hermeneutics or non-literalism and Old Earth allows room for both the belief in scripture and belief in Evolution (as it pertains to certain theories) and the Bible to co-exist. Biblical literalism and a Young Earth would not allow for Darwinism or most theories of Evolution.
The scientific evidence for certain theories of evolution is overwhelming, the scientific evidence for an earth that is billions of years old is overwhelming but yet there is a lack of scientific evidence in regards to certain portions of evolution in many of the theories. We haven’t even discussed the fossil record and / or carbon-14 or radiometric dating; evidence or accuracy.
I think it extremely important we explore this overall topic to a much deeper level and with an open mind, to truly understand how each interpretation impacts our existence, our societies and our everyday lives. This could truly lead to a new awakening and a deeper consciousness of the world that surrounds us. We are a work of art and there is no denying so is our Earth and Universe.
I leave you with two quotes; one from Darwin and one from Scripture, to illustrate the contradictory nature of the topic we have just discussed. It is, as always, for you to make the decision on how you will combine your faith and your knowledge of science to choose your own understanding and acceptance of your existence.​
Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself, who frustrates the signs of liars and makes fools of diviners, who turns wise men back and makes their knowledge foolish, - Isaiah 44:24-25 ESV / 87

rahu

Banned
(here's scary article which could have been lifted from a Darwinian textbook rahu)

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/scientists-established-link-brain-damage-religious-fundamentalism/

Scientists have established a link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism
A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness.

Religious beliefs can be thought of as socially transmitted mental representations that consist of supernatural events and entities assumed to be real. Religious beliefs differ from empirical beliefs, which are based on how the world appears to be and are updated as new evidence accumulates or when new theories with better predictive power emerge. On the other hand, religious beliefs are not usually updated in response to new evidence or scientific explanations, and are therefore strongly associated with conservatism. They are fixed and rigid, which helps promote predictability and coherence to the rules of society among individuals within the group.

(this is the exact logic Darwinians use to disregard anyone's criticism of naturalistic/Darwinian evolution. is scientist can't see it,feel it ,eat it or kill it... it doesn't exist . this is the philosophy that underlies the continued programming of materialism on our culture. rahu)

david starling

(here's scary article which could have been lifted from a Darwinian textbook rahu)

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/scientists-established-link-brain-damage-religious-fundamentalism/

Scientists have established a link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism
A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness.

Religious beliefs can be thought of as socially transmitted mental representations that consist of supernatural events and entities assumed to be real. Religious beliefs differ from empirical beliefs, which are based on how the world appears to be and are updated as new evidence accumulates or when new theories with better predictive power emerge. On the other hand, religious beliefs are not usually updated in response to new evidence or scientific explanations, and are therefore strongly associated with conservatism. They are fixed and rigid, which helps promote predictability and coherence to the rules of society among individuals within the group.

(this is the exact logic Darwinians use to disregard anyone's criticism of naturalistic/Darwinian evolution. is scientist can't see it,feel it ,eat it or kill it... it doesn't exist . this is the philosophy that underlies the continued programming of materialism on our culture. rahu)

Materialistic Modern Science is, in this regard, a religion-substitute for this Age. Same mentality with materialistic precepts.

JUPITERASC

Materialistic Modern Science is, in this regard, a religion-substitute
for this Age.
Same mentality with materialistic precepts.
When a thought arises
it brings another with it
and then another
in an endless sequence.
It is this chain
which has deceived us
from beginningless time
and if we do not break it
it will continue to deceive us in the future:smile:
~ Dudjom Rinpoche

29103295_1356746137763568_2615354282597154816_n.jpg

Cap

So the decision is up to you. Do you subscribe to Biblical literalism or Biblical hermeneutics or non-literalism?

Given the options, non-literalism is much more likely but if evil aliens who created humans by means of genetic engineering return someday, that will be the end of human race.

Last edited:

Cap

butterfly-01.jpg

"Once upon a time, I, Zhuangzi, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Zhuangzi. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things."

Zhuangzi (Chuang-tzu) (369 BCE to 286 BCE)