As astrologers, have you ever selectively picked a time to cast a chart?

scahm

As so many astrologers here are so knowledgeable about transits and planetary aspects, I wonder if you've ever found yourself wanting to cast a horary about something but refraining because you know what the aspects will be at that moment in time, and will show an outcome that leads to a 'no'? Or alternatively, cherry picking a time to cast a chart that will show a 'yes'?

As a hypothetical example, if you know that Mercury/Jupiter will trine soon, have you ever found yourself casting a chart for when Virgo/Gemini/Pisces is rising, so that the horary will lead you to a 'yes' outcome?

I just personally find it interesting how knowledge of astro might alter our behaviour patterns. I'm not sure why, but it just reminds me of the battle between cosmic forces and letting the universe unfold things as they're meant to be vs. our own free will.

IleneK

Premium Member
As so many astrologers here are so knowledgeable about transits and planetary aspects, I wonder if you've ever found yourself wanting to cast a horary about something but refraining because you know what the aspects will be at that moment in time, and will show an outcome that leads to a 'no'? Or alternatively, cherry picking a time to cast a chart that will show a 'yes'?

I just personally find it interesting how knowledge of astro might alter our behaviour patterns. I'm not sure why, but it just reminds me of the battle between cosmic forces and letting the universe unfold things as they're meant to be vs. our own free will.

No.

It would undermine the principles that allows horary astrology to work as it does.

Last edited:

AstroPunter86

If I had a big job interview or a court appearance I would probably cast a chart for that time, but events like that are so infrequent. My life is already predictable.

Opal

Premium Member
If I had a big job interview or a court appearance I would probably cast a chart for that time, but events like that are so infrequent. My life is already predictable.

That is not the same as trying to ask a question by waiting, watching the planets, trying to get your desired results, in a horary question.

Selecting a date for a wedding, or operation, is a different thing.

AstroPunter86

That is not the same as trying to ask a question by waiting, watching the planets, trying to get your desired results, in a horary question.

Selecting a date for a wedding, or operation, is a different thing.

Oh, you mean just using a chart to answer your own question?

Opal

Premium Member
Oh, you mean just using a chart to answer your own question?

Horary is a specific branch of astrology. Ask a question get an answer.

When I ask a question, I form in my mind a simple, to the point question.

I don't always ask right away. Sometimes I wait a month or two before I really feel like asking.

I don't consult an ephemeris to see when would be favourable. I trust in my instincts, and the cosmos, to urge me to ask when it is right.

JUPITERASC

As a hypothetical example,

if you know that Mercury/Jupiter will trine soon,

have you ever found yourself casting a chart

for when Virgo/Gemini/Pisces is rising,

so that the horary will lead you to a 'yes' outcome?
clearly

if Querent is already aware of a 'yes' outcome :smile:

then obviously
no question is being asked!

so it's NOT an HORARY chart

I just personally find it interesting how
knowledge of astro might alter our behaviour patterns.

I'm not sure why, but it just reminds me of the battle
between cosmic forces and letting the universe unfold things
as they're meant to be vs. our own free will.
keep in mind that
a knowledge of the weather forecast
"alters behavior patterns"
by encouraging a timing of activities :smile:
for the appropriate weather conditions
and clearly
does not negate "letting the universe unfold things
as they're meant to be vs our own free will"