Childhood trauma?

D-Rok

Hey guys,
What kind of childhood trauma this person might have had? What are they dealing with that 8 house Saturn/Mars/Neptune conjunct? Chiron Conjunct Jupiter on ASC? Pluto conjunct Lilith in 6th?

On the outside they are mature, successful, talented super functional and career driven, social, but underneath theres something very dark brooding, fear of rejection, intimacy problems, depression, seasonal mental mood swings, drinking/substance abuse then switching to sobriety, suicidal thoughts

What do you see in this chart?

Your chart is all messed up. Get rid of the asteroids.

Anyway, you’re the moon in whatever sign she is in. Virgo I guess, who is ruled by Mercury in his utter downfall in Pisces (detriment and fall). Conjoined to the Sun, both angular, both opposing you, the Moon. Seems you got some forces against you.

Meanwhile, the Sun rules your fourth house, which is family. He is together with that mangled Mercury, and it looks like they are causing some trouble for you, the Moon, due to their harsh aspect.

Seems Jupiter in exaltation conjunct the ascendant is REALLY great, which probably adds success through personal endeavors. But that Mercury seems pretty aggressive, especially all messed up AND ruling the house the Moon (you) is in. Interestingly enough, the house Mercury is in, is ruled by Jupiter. So maybe some bad came out of whatever good was given to you. I don’t know, but it looks like an interesting time, especially with that tenth house.

GeminiSun

1st House Chiron.... Not much of an Astrologer (at all, really) but that is super tough placement. Chiron is our biggest wound and 1st House is ourself. Deep rooted, intense wounds that identify her as a person.

When Chiron is present in the first house of an individual, the traumas he bears are concerning his physical body, his character, and his self-perception. In numerous cases, such natives have experienced bullying in school, which with the hard aspects involve also physical abuse. Alternatively, a first-house Chiron person may have serious issues with accepting his appearance. Other people may make fun of some personal characteristic, and he develops a low self-confidence, believing he is ugly. Chiron in the 1st house can also make the native feel alienated by the people around him, and generally feel quite uncomfortable in his own skin. This aspect may have as effect difficulties in self-definition; people with Chiron in the 1st house need more time to understand their own self. Usually, this comes through some liberating transit of a slow-moving planet through the first house, which permanently transforms the opinion the native has for himself. On the other hand, all this suffering develops great abilities to aid people with similar problems. Even if the native himself has not surpassed his own traumas, he is able to help the less fortunate with his wisdom obtained through difficulties. This desire to help others is connected with a subconscious need to feel part of a similar group of people. By aiding others to surpass their pain concerning similar traumas, the native heals his own self. A curious fact is that his advice will frequently help others surpass their issues more quickly that he will his own.

...Copyright (©) https://theastrocodex.com - Read more at https://theastrocodex.com/chiron-in-the-1st-house/

ZoraEos

Re: Childhood trauma in natal chart?

Hello ZoraEos - thank you!
Here is equal house chart, would be really helpful to hear what you think, especially since you have so much in common

Hi! Thank you for posting the chart! Sorry for how long it has taken me to respond, had a very busy week. Here goes:

Sun. opposite Moon. - Conflict between head and heart. Temperamental, sensitive. Fluxes in energy and moods (one week productive, the next not.) The mother (moon) and father (sun) were very opposite in nature. I have found this to be very true in my case - My father (with the alcohol problem) was very loud, outgoing, dominant while my mother (codependent) was very timid and passive. The parents' marriage may look generally okay on the outside, but isn't. Increased pessimism towards relationships (possibly due to observing abusive dynamic between parents), expecting relationships to fail, for example (which closes a person off to intimacy more, makes them afraid of being abused or being the abuser).

Moon. opposite Merc. - Also an aspect that leads to increased conflict between head and heart. Also temperamental, sensitive, and increases fluxes. Restlessness may lead to a very driven personality. You can usually tell which mood they're in by how much they talk or not (Very true in my case). Increased creativity. May increase risk for self-medication and addictions.

Sun. conjunct Merc. - Energetic mind. Potentially increased expressiveness (or simultaneously troubles with expression if combust Merc.)

Cancer rising - Very creative, sensitive. Possibly moody. Affected by the environment easily, making it very important to be in good environments to avoid picking up bad habits and moods/mindsets from others (For example, will definitely want to avoid vice-ful places and friends that drink, smoke, or have other habits - more susceptible to picking poor habits and moods/mindsets up from them). Also, he is 0 degrees Cancer rising, making it Cancer rising in its purest form and dominated by the moon. This leads to even more changeability. Rollercoaster life, rollercoaster moods.

+ Pisces sun, and so much water in the chart. Overall, he seems to have the quintessential artist's temperament - It seems very likely that you are dealing with a brooding artist.

Now, trauma...

Chiron in Cancer and 1st House - As previous posts have said, this is a high indicator of childhood trauma. Cancer is home, nurturance, early childhood, and 1st house is identity, self, body. Therefore, it is likely that there is a wound to his identity and self, and that it is of a highly emotional nature and related to his childhood and home growing up. Since 1st house also symbolizes the body, it is possible that it was physical abuse. However, neither Mars and Saturn are making any negative or harsh aspects in the chart or to Chiron or the 1st house. It seems to be mostly the Moon and Mercury involved (Mercury ruling the Virgo moon). Therefore, I think that it is less likely to be physical abuse and more of emotional/verbal abuse in the home (However, I could be wrong, so take that carefully).

4th House Ruler in 8th - I also have this placement. 4th house (house of nurturance, childhood) being ruled by 8th house (sudden events, emotionally intense and transformative experiences) is also a high indicator of traumatic events and instability in the home. Even more, the 8th house is in Aquarius (very up and down sign, aloof) and 4th house in Libra (also up and down, unstable), could mean that home was a very unstable and unpredictable environment, and possibly neglectful. It could have been very messy and disorganized, very chaotic emotionally, etc. Therefore, there may not have been just one traumatic event that happened, or single specific traumatic events that happened - Rather, there may have been multiple events, continuous events, subtle events - Trauma that is harder to pinpoint. There may have been a chronic state of chaos of some sort. This supports the possibility of significant emotional and verbal abuse, as it is harder to pinpoint and recognize since it happens more subtly and chronically. There may have been significant neglect, maybe even physical (due to 1st house Chiron). Such chronic and somewhat subtle abuse could be why he has such a hard time talking about it or confronting his emotions, because it's hard to pinpoint, and there may be a lot of guilt and shame involved, being a major block to confronting emotions and intimacy. He may not even remember specific events, but remember the feeling. He may struggle with emotional dysregulations, low self-esteem, and intimacy problems, without knowing exactly why or how to confront it, leading to an unwillingness to talk about it, because he's not sure what to talk about or where to begin. Also, it is his Venus in 8th house that is being affected here, so it could be interpreted as his 4th house (childhood, emotions) affecting his Venus (relationships) in the 8th house (also house of intimacy).

Saturn in 7th house - Where Saturn is placed, there are delays. 7th house is the house of relationships and marriage, so there may be delays in those areas. However, Saturn is in Capricorn (exalted), so it should not be so bad after some effort.

I hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have any questions about anything! Also, I am a beginner at reading charts (and may have my own personal biases due to my background of having an alcoholic father), so take a lot of this carefully (and perhaps with a grain of salt). All the best!

Last edited:

ZoraEos

Also, I would say that the Mars/Saturn/Neptune conjunction is more of a positive force. I think it would give patience, determination, drive, imagination, creativity overall - especially placed in Capricorn. In Equal house, this conjunction falls in the 7th house (relationships, marriage, outside world, common folk, "market" dealings, legal and business partnerships), so I think he is very effective in dealing with people and working to build his business and career. That is how I see this conjunction, but there may be other interpretations of it.

As far as Jupiter/Chiron conjunction, I've seen it described as mixed blessing. Jupiter (Luck/Optimism) mixing with Chiron (Pain/Wound) - So, his suffering may turn lucky in a way, or help illuminate something. There can also be many up's and down's in life from this - in which he goes through suffering, to gain something, but then suffers again, but then gains something again, etc.

In equal houses, his Pluto and Lilith conjunction is in the 5th. I read that this may mean a struggle between reconciling a need for honesty, truth, determination (Pluto things) and autonomy, respect, equality (Lilith things). In the 5th house, it would be in the house of fun, dating, recreation, children, creativity, etc.

ZoraEos

I also just checked about the asteroids (did not know anything about them prior),

I read that Dejanira conjunct Child can be an indicator of sexual abuse.:( They are also still in the 8th house in the equal houses chart as well, and 8th house certainly is representative of sexual traumas and such things. Something may have happened. Other aspects and placements that are significators of sexual abuse should be checked (I am unfamiliar with those unfortunately, so I hope somebody is able to comment and share those :( ).

Chiron conjunct the Asc. could also mean severe bullying.

From all of this, I am drawn to conclude that there was likely a storm of things that happened during childhood - possible sexual abuse, possible severe bullying, possibly a chaotic environment with emotional/verbal abuse, and possibly physical abuse (due to capricorn mars conjunct the asteroids as well)... Capricorn is symbolic of older people, so it may have been a grandparent or older person that did the abuse, and not necessarily the parents.

Again, I am a beginner at reading charts (1 year of casual experience), so I may not be right, but this is what I'm seeing when incorporating the asteroids. Overall, therapy is certainly the way to go, and it may take quite a bit of time (months, years) before he'll be able to confront and share his emotions, and a long time for intimacy, but it's quite possible that he will eventually (due to exalted Saturn 7th house and north node in 8th house). Wishing all the best!

Last edited:

l1lp

Your chart is all messed up. Get rid of the asteroids.

Thank you for your input D-rok! I just realised it has all the asteroids I was trying to study so im attaching the equal house composites/synastry charts here if it's easier.

Maybe someone can take a look at these and help me understand the weak and strong sides of this relationship?

Attachments

• astro_61gw_l_p_b_p_he.73686.14693.jpg
    astro_61gw_l_p_b_p_he.73686.14693.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 25
  • astro_621gw_l_p_b_p_he.73750.17434.jpg
    astro_621gw_l_p_b_p_he.73750.17434.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 19

l1lp

1st House Chiron.... Not much of an Astrologer (at all, really) but that is super tough placement. Chiron is our biggest wound and 1st House is ourself. Deep rooted, intense wounds that identify her as a person.
[/url]

Thank you Gemini Sun - you are right, this placement did impress me as it really describes the struggle the person has. It makes that Chiron 1 house makes them feel like they identify with whatever inner wound and its hard for them to tell themselves apart form it e.t.c

l1lp

Re: Childhood trauma in natal chart?

Hi! Thank you for posting the chart! Sorry for how long it has taken me to respond, had a very busy week. Here goes:

ZoraEos, thank you so much for taking your time to do this extremely insightful write up on the chart. :love:
You are spot on on many things and absolutely everything makes complete sense to me. What sort of blows my mind is how logically or intuitively I suspected all this information just from knowing/observing this person, such things are super confusing thought and you second guess yourself, I am surprised everything can be found in their chart and its obvious they have a pretty thought placements there.
I will go through all your comments in a bit just to give you more detailed feedback and let you know how close your interpretations are!

I just checked and Dejanira is conjunct Child and conjunct Mars in 8th house, could this be a clue?

Dejanira conjunct child ( + Mars and house 8) is the worst aspect .. just google Dejanira conjunct child.

I didn’t have time to read the whole thread but just from this placement I would assume violent (mars) sexual (house 8) trauma (dejanira) in childhood (child) :S

Tauro98

Hello, I'm female. My dob is 24th April 1998 & time of birth 2:30 am. Can anyone tell is there any indicator of molestation in my childhood?