My son finally stood up to his bullies-TSaturn conjunct asc

Starsareround

I'm sure this will be a somewhat controversial thread, because violence is always controversial, but my 13 year old son (who has for years identified as a pacifist) has been physically bullied regularly ever since he began TSaturn conjunct ascendant...about a year. I tried everything I could think of to help him and regularly went to his school to speak to teachers and administrators, but all I ever got was inaction on their part. Even though I never ever thought I would encourage my kids to fight, I finally did. After a lot of research, I personally came to the conclusion that with out fighting back, he was offering his submission to these kids, which sets an awful precedent for him in this dog eat dog world. The problem was, he just couldn't bring himself to fight back (he'd come home with bruises) This went on for months until this week, when Saturn is exactly conjunct his ascendant for the last time and will be moving away. He punched his tormentor in the face and this kid ran off. I know it sounds weird to be proud of him for this, but I am. He has been absolutely left alone by this group of kids since this happened, and I think he will always remember that day as the day he learned to stand up for himself after long trials. I'm sure he'll always be a sweet, sensitive person but now he knows he can protect himself as well. Anyway, I'm thinking of posting his chart but was wondering if others have had this experience of this kind of testing during Saturn conjunct ascendant transits?

*This transit is extra important to him as a Capricorn Asc

Last edited:

Timmytwothumbs

I'm sure this will be a somewhat controversial thread, because violence is always controversial, but my 13 year old son (who has for years identified as a pacifist) has been physically bullied regularly ever since he began TSaturn conjunct ascendant...about a year. I tried everything I could think of to help him and regularly went to his school to speak to teachers and administrators, but all I ever got was inaction on their part. Even though I never ever thought I would encourage my kids to fight, I finally did. After a lot of research, I personally came to the conclusion that with out fighting back, he was offering his submission to these kids, which sets an awful precedent for him in this dog eat dog world. The problem was, he just couldn't bring himself to fight back (he'd come home with bruises) This went on for months until this week, when Saturn is exactly conjunct his ascendant for the last time and will be moving away. He punched his tormentor in the face and this kid ran off. I know it sounds weird to be proud of him for this, but I am. He has been absolutely left alone by this group of kids since this happened, and I think he will always remember that day as the day he learned to stand up for himself after long trials. I'm sure he'll always be a sweet, sensitive person but now he knows he can protect himself as well. Anyway, I'm thinking of posting his chart but was wondering if others have had this experience of this kind of testing during Saturn conjunct ascendant transits?

*This transit is extra important to him as a Capricorn Asc

This is really true. My AC is in aries which is ruled by Mars when Saturn was conj my AC I was only like 2 but my dad tells me how if he ever yelled at me I would put my fist up as if to fight him and I would hit him back if he hit me. When Saturn was opposite my AC me and him got into it and it was a pretty big ordeal but because I stood up to him I told him he was scaring us and we looked at him like a monster. My dad used to be a bully. He used to be until I stood up to him. Granted Pluto was square my AC Uranus was Conj my AC Jupiter was Conj my Sun there was a lot going on.

conspiracy theorist

I think this is very relevant to issues that your son is facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRjp1-DgMuA

Saturn over the ascendant can definitely coincide with the issue of your personal boundaries and how you are able to define, maintain and defend those boundaries that you have set for yourself, which contributes to the building of character, integrity and self-respect. I had similar tests when Saturn went over my ascendant, and I'm satisfied with the choices I've made in that time because what I lost in short term security (very tenuous and conditional) and loss of many relationships I gained in self-respect, autonomy and an impetus to live from a place of personal integrity, come hell or high water. It's a time that can be used to separate the wheat from the chaff in one's life.

Starsareround

Thanks for the replies. I did not like the look of Saturn crossing his ascendant and worried for him but I'm actually so happy for him now; he holds himself differently. He's a Leo Sun and it was awful to see that dark shadow follow him. My other son has TUranus conjunct ascendant in a couple years...something tells me he's going to be bringing the electricity to the family one way or another. Ah, kids. Such a privilege to watch all this unfold and be the home base.

Starsareround

BTW,

My two sons and I have ascendants all trining eachother, how cool is that?

Me: Virgo 4 degrees Them: Cappy 4 degrees and Taurus 4 degrees.