Random Thoughts without memes

Witchyone

lol fore-feeling is articulate enough for me. haha

And yeah, the last time I saw my aunt before she died, I knew I wouldn't see her again. She went back home, collapsed a month or so later and never woke up. Lung cancer. No one saw it coming.

My entire family, immediate and extended, kept asking me if she told me she was sick, because I don't really cry and I was balling when she hugged me goodbye. She hadn't told me anything and as far as we know, she didn't realize she was sick.

Of course, I actually do have anxiety and too much caffeine intake, so it could be nothing as well.

Wow, that's really touching. Were you particularly close with her?

I have cut way back on caffeine the past few months, and I think it has contributed to me being a much calmer person. Other things have changed as well, but I thought I'd throw that out there. *takes another sip of coffee*

Witchyone

lmao about the coffee! I drink like 6 espresso shots a day, which is far too much. It's next on my list of addictions to quit.

And I don't think it's that touching. lol We weren't really that close, which is why it was weird that I was crying so hard when she left the family reunion. She and my uncle did offer to take me in, when things were bad at home. I refused, but appreciated the offer.

Haha! No false sentimentality with you. :love: It would be really amazing to have reliable powers of clairvoyance.

I have had dreams that came true, but most of them were super mundane. Like, I'd dream that someone tripped, and then they did. And then I'd wonder, am I psychic or was my brain processing a random selection of an infinite combination of things that could possibly happen the next day, and it just happened to get one right and remember it?

Witchyone

haha yeah, I try not to fake it. I did mourn her when she died, but I didn't mourn her as terribly as the people actually close to her, ya feel?

And clairvoyance...I don't think I'd want it reliably. One one level, it'd be helpful, but then you get into the philosophical question of whether things are pre-ordained or whether you have free will. Like if I know something is going to happen and it's painful for me, can I change the outcome? Or do I just have to suffer with this foreknowledge? If I know, but can't affect the outcome, I don't want clairvoyance, ya feel?

I do get that completely. Grief is a weird thing. People have expectations about it and its expression.

My belief about fate (as it currently stands) is that it's like an object in motion. It will continue in that motion unless a force acts upon it (gravity, another object knocks into it, etc.) and puts it on a different course. Free will is a force acting upon the object in motion (fate).

Witchyone

This topic makes me think of a project I was thinking about. I would like to look at the natal charts of these two men.

Telemachus Orfanos:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califo...usand-oaks-borderline-bar-and-grill-massacre/

and

Jason Spindler:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...errorist-attack-had-survived-9-11/2601622002/

Orfanos survived the Las Vegas mass shooting and then was killed in the Borderline Bar mass shooting.

Spindler survived the 9/11 attack and then died in the recent Nairobi terrorist attack.

I couldn't find Orfanos' birthday. I found Spindler's birthday but no birth time.

What happened to them...pure coincidence? Are there now enough mass killings that this kind of thing just begins to occur statistically or did their fates demand they die this way, free will be damned?

Witchyone

Hm....***** to suck I guess. Hm...no birth time...that'll stunt your analysis.

I combed through a few articles on each and checked out their facebook pages, and that's as much research as I was willing to do. I'm not dedicated enough to pursue their birth certificates, so I'll pick it up again if that information is eventually readily available. I can only imagine how unfair this must seem to their loved ones.

I agree with what you said about fates being woven together. That's where the "physics" of the metaphysical concept stops being simple and gets complex.

moonkat235

I combed through a few articles on each and checked out their facebook pages, and that's as much research as I was willing to do. I'm not dedicated enough to pursue their birth certificates, so I'll pick it up again if that information is eventually readily available. I can only imagine how unfair this must seem to their loved ones.

I agree with what you said about fates being woven together. That's where the "physics" of the metaphysical concept stops being simple and gets complex.

Yeah that makes sense. I wonder if anyone else will pursue the topic and let the world know. lol

And I'm just pretty curious/searching for a bigger picture than what I currently have. I just fear stagnation. I wanna grow and evolve, expand my philosophical framework until I'm dead and then who knows? lol

GemwDepth

Account Closed
So, Captain Starling’s got a new ship: RandomShip RSSMF Enterprise. :rightful:
Age Indicators: The Final Frontier.

Where's the exploration mission heading to today? :joyful:

Dirius

One one level, it'd be helpful, but then you get into the philosophical question of whether things are pre-ordained or whether you have free will.

And how do you know free will isn't pre-ordained in the first place?

Just throwing it out there.
---
EDIT: david can we meme?

david starling

And how do you know free will isn't pre-ordained in the first place?

Just throwing it out there.
---
EDIT: david can we meme?

Well, there's the other Random Thoughts for that. Worked out pretty well, actually. :biggrin:
Fated to have free will? So many decisions to feel responsible about!

david starling

Not one word about these cycles as being in the context of an Astrological Age. For example, presumably there were Uranian/Neptune conjunctions 3000 years ago, but no Industrial Revolution or Internet then.
Problem for anyone working on the assumption that this is just the sidereal Age of Pisces, when it requires the tropical Age of Capricorn to explain the mundane.

conspiracy theorist

The theosophists has the most recent age of Leo as the dawning of self-consciousness in man. Do you have any thoughts on that? Do you think it's possible for horoscopic astrology to articulate an even larger cycle than the astrological age concept?

david starling

The theosophists has the most recent age of Leo as the dawning of self-consciousness in man. Do you have any thoughts on that? Do you think it's possible for horoscopic astrology to articulate an even larger cycle than the astrological age concept?

The tropical Ages are about the Earth's influence on our mundane lives. That includes organized religions which have mundane authority. But the tropical Ages also affect our abilities to understand the "Cosmos", for want of a more definitive word. And, because Capricorn is focused on the mundane as an Age-sign, and Saturn is the Gate-keeper, we're locked into a very materialistic perspective.
Interesting sidereal theory about no self-consciousness prior to around 10,000 B.C.E., but how can one prove it? :biggrin:

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

For one, astral/visionary ability. The supposed ability to access "akashic records" the suppository of human knowledge that has been stored in non-material realms. The way of proving that would not satisfy material conditions of proof so nothing gained there would be accepted by mainstream society. The only way to verify is through direct experience/phenomenologically.

There are ways to develop such abilities but then what would motivate one to go through all the trouble to do that? Why do you need to know so much? Do you want to know so much? What would you gain by knowing so much? Are you even one of the destined to even know anything beyond what your 5 senses can tell you?

A lot of these spiritual streams with protracted timelines all have rituals and techniques to broaden the field of conscious perception. Devotees renounce the world and dedicate their lives to the development of those faculties. That may or may not be a clue as to the method of verifying these claims.

conspiracy theorist

http://www.light-weaver.com/LW-old/astrology/astr1104.html

This sign, Leo, is the fifth sign of the zodiac which indicates that it is part of the mysterious number, ten - the number of perfection, a relative perfection, prior to entering into a new cycle of progress. This links Leo consequently with Capricorn, the tenth sign of the zodiac, for it is the processes of initiation which make the self-conscious person the group conscious individual. I am choosing these words with care and forethought. Upon the reversed wheel, this is the eighth sign, the sign of the Christ and of the indwelling Reality; it therefore marks - in this manner - a new cycle. When self-consciousness is born (as at the moment of individualization) a new cycle begins. This numerical significance links Leo with Scorpio (the eighth sign of the zodiac) in an effective manner and you have, therefore, the triangle of Leo-Scorpio-Capricorn involving [287] humanity and indicating the three important crisis points in man's career:

Self-consciousness or human awareness. Unity - Leo.
Consciousness of warring dualities. Discipleship - Scorpio.
Group consciousness as an initiate. Unity - Capricorn.

Some more on Leo and it's manifestation in the "Aquarian Age".

Since Leo and Aquarius are on the same axis, what might the influence of Leo be once the Aquarian Age takes full effect, based on your concepts and views?

conspiracy theorist

Also, the theosophists with their brand of esoteric astrology differentiate the influences of the different modality crosses of the signs - mutable, fixed, cardinal in order of least to most sublimity. Do you make such a differentiation in your pattern?

They also see reversing through the zodiac as more spiritual and the regular flow of the zodiac as mundane, the same as you.
http://www.light-weaver.com/LW-old/astrology/astr1120.html
http://www.light-weaver.com/LW-old/astrology/astr1121.html

That flow/counterflow of the zodiacal man fits what is known about "kundalini" energy and it's travelling up the spine in the case of individuals who have awakened its force at the muladhara/base chakra for the purposes of spiritual evolution.

Last edited:

Gemini888

Have you had any reaction to the Mercury/Pluto Conjunction? They're still within 2 degrees of each other. This is it, though, since Merc won't go retrograde in time to transit back for another meeting with the Lord of the Underworld.
Been thinking more and more seriously about starting my blog. Also seem to see signs of the universe telling me to. Maybe that's what the Merc/Pluto is trying to tell me?

Oddity

You know to take anything an occultist or an astrologer says to you with a grain of salt. When it comes to the theosophists, make it a whole shaker.

conspiracy theorist

Grains of salts are always close at hand but I'm still interested in how David's theories measure up to existing theories on the same/similar topics. I've asked him about what he thinks about the more mainstream astrological ages views, he's already heard of and has given his opinion on Zoller's and now I'm putting the theosophical ideas in front of him.