Progressed Chart Versus Progressed Moon

Talaria

I'm having some trouble calculating different types of progressions. The progressed chart calculation techniques progress my Moon 12 degrees per year, but I'm seeing a lot of stuff saying that progressing the Moon works differently and I'm supposed to go 12 degrees per year. Does that mean I progress the Moon separately of the secondary progressed chart where all my other planets seem to be progressing just fine? Should I pay more attention to the progressed Moon in my secondary progression, which says my Moon is going to hit 14 degrees Cancer on my next birthday, or to my one-degree-per-month Moon, which says it'll come back around to 5 degrees Gemini (where it started) on my next birthday? Should I be looking at planetary aspects to both, or just one or the other?

I'm also really curious about progressed house cusps. Caroline Rushman's book led me to them but her technique for calculating them isn't sinking in. She says they move about a degree per year, then says that those with rising sign of long ascensions (including me, with Sagittarius rising in the Northern Hemisphere) move half a degree per year and short ascensions move two degrees per year. Does that mean I should be calculating them at half a degree per year, or am I unable to make sense of her methods at four in the morning? I can't figure out why she would mention that they move an average of one degree per year if one side of the zodiac moves at one-half degree and the other side of the zodiac moves at two degrees, because that's just stating the obvious and not actually providing useful information.