How Does Your Natal Chart React to Stress?

Arian Maverick

I thought this may be an interesting topic to discuss--particularly since I do not recall any similar discussion during my time on the forums.

I imagine each of the twelve signs has an inherent inclination towards a particular pattern of behavior.

• Perhaps Aries types take direct action towards the issues that cause them stress.
  • Perhaps Taurus types dig their hoofs into the ground and simply withstand the assault--and if it becomes too much to bear, they charge into action.
  • Perhaps Gemini types engage themselves in technology and frequent message boards to discuss their issues.
  • Perhaps Cancer types seek support within the family structure.
  • Perhaps Leo types, if their pride allows them to admit they have a problem, organize others to tackle certain components.
  • Perhaps Virgo types make lists of the things which cause them stress, and tackle each in a systematic fashion.
  • Perhaps Libra types recruit members in their considerable social circle to discuss the sources of their stress.
  • Perhaps Scorpio types keep to themselves and attack their stress like the Aries type--albeit in a much more subtle matter.
  • Perhaps Sagittarius types engage in active sports or, if they are so inclined, escape through gambling.
  • Perhaps Capricorn types fortify themselves and simply ride out the storm.
  • Perhaps Aquarius types come up with innovative solutions to the issues that cause them stress.
  • Perhaps Pisces types oversleep or indulge in alcohol to escape their problems, or simply pretend they don't exist.
Please note that these descriptions are not based upon keen observation; they simply represent my take upon how each of the signs may react to stress, based upon the sign descriptions with which we are all familiar. One's reaction to stress is a very personal thing, and undoubtedly, it is the result of a variety of factors--one's innate stress tolerance, as well as the coping mechanisms members of the immediate family employ. I am simply curious if one may explain, astrologically, one's unique coping methods.

Arian Maverick

Vista

Initial reaction would be to think the worse and sort of freak out, Aries ASC Cancer Moon; and then take care of it in a logical and practical way, Capricorn Sun, Mercury in Aquarious.

tee_jay66

mmmm, its a dificult one to answer as people have lots of different energies going on in their particular chart....

Im leo sun with saggi rising, but I fall apart under stress, have frequent panic attacks and have to take valium to cope with them, even though I practise yoga daily !! (venus, mars, jupiter in cancer with neptune heavy in chart)

Tamara

i have very intense emotional reaction only i never let anybody see it, i always keep my emotions locked and after bursting out in loneliness i try to rationalise and find the most practical way out.
sun in leo, asc-scorpio, the moon-scorpio, merury in trine saturn

smilingsteph

Good question!!!
I have mercury in gemini, sun in gemini and I can handle a multitude of things at one time.
However, I also have issues with shutting my mind out, from the internal noise that plagues my sleep.

I also have mars in Taurus and it takes me some time to vent my feelings, but when I do it is warfare, so I would say that this isnt good when I have stressful conflicts with others.

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    54.3 KB · Views: 36

Kerrie

Perhaps Pisces types oversleep or indulge in alcohol to escape their problems, or simply pretend they don't exist.

100% I like to pretend that my stresses dont exist :biggrin: and sometimes like to go off into dreamland and fantasy, just to get me through.

I dont normally oversleep when stressed, its the other way around for me, I cant sleep.

I prefer not to drink alchohol when I am stressed as I know it doesnt help and just makes things worse.

robots

I think my Sun/Jupiter square, Cap sun, and Leo Asc make me too proud to let myself get stressed. Haha.

I never have any feelings of being overwhelmed by many tasks or anything since I think of each one as a separate thing.
Also, I think that even if I procrastinate, I'll still produce quality work. And that's usually what happens, so I always think I'm fine.
As a result, I never really get stressed out by any school things.

Stuff involving relationship problems easily stresses me out though, because of my Moon/Saturn/Venus conjunction in the 8th house in Aquarius. All squaring Pluto. That makes me unable to accept changes in people so if anyone changes drastically, it makes my brain explode and bam! Stress. Not okay.

gaer

I thought this may be an interesting topic to discuss--particularly since I do not recall any similar discussion during my time on the forums.
Arian,

Once again you have started something thought-provoking. :)

People who know me well say that I am very Libran. My chart certainly reflects that. I always have a support group, and I deal with stress by talking about it, sharing, and listening. Paying attention to the things that stress other people while expressing my own stress is the best way I've found to deal with it. I don't solve problems by "attacking" them. I watch Arian types do that, with great envy, since it often plays out positively for them. :)

If I can't find a positive way to deal with stress, I do try to escape (Neptune conjunct Sun and Moon, all in Libra), and my 12th house planets probably contribute to a HUGE need for sleep to escape, when times get tough.

I don't make a differentiation between short-term or long-term stress, because for me the issues involved with either tend to blur together. This may because of the Libran difficulty of taking quick action, so what stresses me usually goes on for a rather long time before I get a handle on it, if I can.

You, like I, have both Sun and Moon in the same sign. I do find that for me this unifies my gut-level emotional reactions to things (Moon, things feel like they have been a part of me since birth) with the way I consciously respond to things. For that reason, I not only feel a deep need for balance and pleasant surroundings but also actively and consciously seek both those things. :)

I feel the 'elements' must come into play here. I have 4fire, 4earth with fixed Angle and mutable MC so any stress would dealt with by 'staying power' and grim determination. With aries moon can react quickly but stellium in taurus can play waiting game. If pushed and pushed can be devestating though....

Vagabondgirl

When Im stressed I tend to go to extremes, like overworking and I barely eat then:/ Wanting some kind of "revenge" through my work, to show that Im better. I think these are scorpio traits. I have Mercury (ruler of my AC) conjunct pluto in scorpio.

And I tend to think practical: virgo mars-venus-moon.

Gemini AC: Im a multitasker too:D

iwonder

I like this definition of stress from dictionary.com: physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension.

Which planet is responsible for reaction to tension?
Moon - it indicates what we need for emotional comfort.
Sun - it is our vision of self.
Asc - it is how we approach life.

I used to worry a lot to the point of not eating or sleeping. My Moon is in Scorpio, so I tend to dwell on negative emotions. My Sun is in Virgo, of course I like to worry. My Asc is in Sagittarius and ruler is in Pisces - yeah, I wished so many times I could hide and escape.

If I let all these influences take control, they would be very destructive. Over time, I learned to cope with stress much better. I make lists (just like Arian Maverick suggested Virgos do). Scorpio Moon needs thrill, so I act. Sagittarius Asc is confident, and its ruler in Pisces has faith in whatever. So I try to remain positive and believe everything will be all right, no matter what.

Last edited:

smilingsteph

When Im stressed I tend to go to extremes, like overworking and I barely eat then:/ Wanting some kind of "revenge" through my work, to show that Im better. I think these are scorpio traits. I have Mercury (ruler of my AC) conjunct pluto in scorpio.

And I tend to think practical: virgo mars-venus-moon.

Gemini AC: Im a multitasker too:D

Oh this sounds like me!
Pluto trine sun and mercury! I will work so hard, research anything to prove myself!

Arian Maverick

We'd first need to define what is stress.

I think here in this thread you are referring to "a problem". What we do when we are worried about something. This seems to me what is described in the signs.

I would define stress as something that lasts longer.

I did not ponder the definition of stress when I created this thread, but I believe I meant to convey anything that evokes feelings of anxiety or agitation. I acknowledge that this is not the best or the most technical definition of stress, and different varieties certainly exist.

Can you please clarify this AM........Are we talking about short-term pressure or long-term stress; causes that are within our control or outside it and emotional/physical/mental strain or moral dilemmas?

I was thinking along the lines of one's reaction to situations which appear to be outside of one's control, which provoke strong psychological reactions.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I am Pisces rising and don't use sleep to hide. I do sometimes wait things out and see if they resolve on their own....guess that could be denial. I have 3 planets in Virgo so I analyze and worry. Tho typically I pray and pray frequently. I have Saturn in Scorpio in the 9th whole house. The ruler of my 9th house is Scorpio with my natal Mars in Pisces. Ultimately it's prayer that comforts me. Well having things resolve happily comforts me. lol. But prayer tides me over in the interim.

Arian Maverick

I created this thread because I am perplexed by my own adaptations, which seem contrary to the natural inclinations of the signs most represented in my natal chart. For example, my natal chart has a huge cardinal emphasis, yet I do not take action immediately in response to a crisis; I stand about and wring my hands, magnifying the dilemma to outrageous proportions until I become immobilized by fear. How does this reaction reflect Aries' brazen courage, its propensity towards action? I feel like a betrayal to my sign in such circumstances--an outcast. Although I suppose I possess the cardinal trait of performing some action--or not performing some essential action--which escalates the drama of the situation. Then I become numb to it all and simply escape, **** the consequences.

Which planet is responsible for reaction to tension?
Moon - it indicates what we need for emotional comfort.
Sun - it is our vision of self.
Asc - it is how we approach life.

I was thinking about this some more, and the Moon in particular makes sense. What aspects does your Moon make, and how does this your reactions towards stress? In my case, I have the Moon tightly square Uranus, which may explain my propensity to cause mayhem for myself.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

gaer

I created this thread because I am perplexed by my own adaptations, which seem contrary to the natural inclinations of the signs most represented in my natal chart. For example, my natal chart has a huge cardinal emphasis, yet I do not take action immediately in response to a crisis; I stand about and wring my hands, magnifying the dilemma to outrageous proportions until I become immobilized by fear. How does this reaction reflect Aries' brazen courage, its propensity towards action? I feel like a betrayal to my sign in such circumstances--an outcast.
Arian, my wife has an huge emphasis in air but has a late Pisces AC. In spite of her quick mind and independent mind, she is actually paralyzed when confronted with irrational people, especially bullies. I would not assume that an emphasis on any sign, by itself, even Aries, necessarily shows quick action. Her chart also contains an unusual number of inconjuncts.

I think that Saturn in your chart square to your triple Aries conjunction and inconjunct Mars puts a huge emphasis on responsibility and, if anything, is indicative of acting much more mature and controlled than most people. With all that Arian energy, that would be quite a pressure-cooker, I would think.
Although I suppose I possess the cardinal trait of performing some action--or not performing some essential action--which escalates the drama of the situation. Then I become numb to it all and simply escape, **** the consequences.
For completely different reasons, perhaps, I often find that escaping or evading taking action is the only way I can avoid taking immediate actions that can literally turn into war. Mars is rather powerful in my chart, but not at all wise, and only three days ago I had to physically leave the house to keep from blowing up in a situation in which anger would have been like throwing gasoline on a fire.
I was thinking about this some more, and the Moon in particular makes sense. What aspects does your Moon make, and how does this your reactions towards stress? In my case, I have the Moon tightly square Uranus, which may explain my propensity to cause mayhem for myself.
My Moon is sextile Pluto, which is probably pretty good for Moon/Pluto aspects, so if I can view my own emotions clearly, that may make it easy for me to change things, which is action. But I have Neptune sitting right between Sun and Moon, and that is not only great for *not* seeing the world as it is, it's also great for going to sleep, literally, and putting things off that really need to be taken care of. I make stress worse by putting off making decisions that might remove the cause of stress.

Styx

Aries sun
Virgo Moon
Leo/Cancer ascendant (still not sure about this)

Whenever I am stressed I do tend to take action immedialty. I don't like sitting around and waiting for something to happen. I take control and try to solve the problem that's causing me stress.
But being a Virgo Moon I do tend to worry.

iwonder

Here is another thing I do, and I think it is a Moon-in-Scorpio influence. I procrastinate just to intensify the feeling of urgency. I feel very good when I do things in advance, but often I put them off just to see how far I can push it.