Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 12-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Re: The science behind planets and astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2complicated View Post
i want to make a quote to further confuse you people just for the heck of it;
NOW, go figure the relationship between junk dna and astrology.
2complicated, hereunder is an excerpt from the first link I posted:

Cells have what might be best described as teeny tiny, directional antenna on the cell walls, which are in a state of constant fluctuation while an embryo is still in the womb. At birth, and shortly thereafter (a matter of days), these antenna cease their fluctuating existence and lock into place. Thereafter, these antenna need only feel the impulse of the appropriate signal to notify the cell to contact the blueprints of its DNA and do its thing. The antenna are basically timing devices for the cell (or its descendants) to be active.
One theory is that the planets are all interconnected to the cells’ antenna via subtle electromagnetics. When a planet approaches the point in space where the electromagnetic field around it (on Earth, they include the Van Allen belts, for example) is able to trigger the directional antenna of the cells, the cell checks its DNA blueprints, and physically affects the human host.

So while I acknowledge that this is just a theory, perhaps it is enough to influence the remaining (purposeful ?) 5% (?) of DNA, indicating that there is a correlation between planets / DNA.

Oh and if you google "debunk junk DNA", you will see websites dedicated to doing just this.

Unread 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM

For me the following is a (simple) way to connect science and astrology .
1. The hypothesis is generated based on an educated guess…that can be tested using independent and dependent variables; correlating the variables… I will introduce some astrological characters- indicators in order to proof my hypothesis that astrology can be linked to science…
Ex. HYPOTHESIS: A harsh aspect between the moon and Saturn correlates with a somber, emotions controlling type of individual.
Notes:
a. Saturn is related to structure, conservatism, discipline, somberness….
This is an educated guess. There have been writings that support this.
b. Moon is associated with our mother, emotions, domestic life, nurturing…. This is another educated guess.
c. The aspects have also been correlated depending upon the distance between the planets.
d. Harsh aspects between the moon and Saturn has been connected with sad feelings
2. Test the hypothesis-Find those individual with no contact, soft aspects and hard aspects between Saturn and the moon. Aim to weigh on the individual’s feelings, emotions….
3. Observations - Collect the data… record the observations. Since human being behavior is not such a white and black variable, depending on the way the questionnaire is designed, there is a numerical value that can be constructed; measured.
4. Analyze your data –draw your conclusion (accept or reject the hypothesis).
5. The repetition of the experiment is always highly recommended. In science, the more the observation is repeated, the more credible is.
Astrology, in large fraction, takes validity as the observations are repeated. That’s why so many times we speak and associate archetypes, tendencies and so on….If the repetition would not exits, we could not use astrology as we do.
Taking a whole question, for instances, and trying to examine it as one big unit, does not work. However, applying the rules (emerging from repeated observations) we can analyze the critical parts concerning our question. (The analysis is a breakdown of the whole into smaller part). Afterwards, we can build up our conclusion.
Besides, astrology is also an art…how we interpret the chart….

The corner for surfers...Rincon (Puerto Rico)
Unread 12-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Thanks astro09.

However, what you are describing is the art of astrology... observing the affect of the planets on individuals.

What I want to know is how the planets affect us whilst they are all so very far away - what scientific explanation could explain this cause and effect.

Unless I have interpretted your post incorrectly, what thoughts do you have on this?

Unread 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM

For some reason I understood the question as to how to connect astrology to science....If I understand correctly now, your question is around how is that a particular planet (position) influence on the individual... In that case, I do not have a better answer than the ones expressed above...I think someone with a background in physic-chemistry can speaks better than me.
...Sorry... Yes, it is an interesting question.

Unread 12-30-2009, 09:18 PM

Another point I want to throw into the mix is the affect planets may or may not have on animals.

Take for example beached dolphins. Now there are many theories on why dolphins beach themselves but nothing is conclusive. This got me thinking that perhaps animals are also influenced by the planets. If I'm correct (if I'm not, someone please correct me), animals do not have an ego... they operate from a subconsious / prime survival instinct.

But on the other hand (and yes, this is my Libran stellium working here), if the planets do affect dolpins in this way, why then don't we see many more deaths of dolphins by beaching themselves?

Any thoughts?
Unread 12-30-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro09 View Post
For some reason I understood the question as to how to connect astrology to science....If I understand correctly now, your question is around how is that a particular planet (position) influence on the individual... In that case, I do not have a better answer than the ones expressed above...I think someone with a background in physic-chemistry can speaks better than me.
...Sorry... Yes, it is an interesting question.
As Olivia mentioned earlier in the thread, better minds have been grappling with this question too... I reckon we'll just grapple along with them

Are you in for the ride?
Unread 12-30-2009, 09:26 PM

Answer: Yes.

Unread 12-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

haha, it's very interesting how i thought there "would be" a relationship between "junk dna" and the space, while you are trying to associate it with the part that actually does something that we are aware of.

i gotta quote this again;

Quote:
However it has been found that the sequence of the syllables is not random at all and has a striking resemblance with the structure of language (ref. Flam, F. “Hints of a language in junk DNA”, Science 266:1320, 1994), that is alien to humanity. Scientists now generally believe that this DNA must contain some kind of coded information.
we have no insight or whatever. all we have is this ability of memorizing things and associating them with other things. that's all. it's just people who memorize more, have more to associate it with. and then we think that this person is insightful, spiritual, no, he just memorized stuff without questioning it... now, i said these things because i doubt if we discovered the thing in itself. the very essence of matter. there's just no way to answer all the questions, okay, neutrons and protons stick together because of strong force and it's generated by gluons and quarks. but what makes quarks act in the way they do... do they also exchange some other even smaller particle... does it even matter if we find they do... the question is still there... we don't know what's the essence. we explain everything with another question... x, because of y. y because of q... in the end, we just describe what we see and name them.

in this sense, yeah, cells can be antennas and communicate with planets. also there would be pink elephants flying at the dark side of the moon but only when no one is looking.
Unread 12-30-2009, 09:55 PM

I hear what you are saying 2c, but if we don't push boundaries and question and search for answers, we're not learning.... perhaps this isn't a question that can be answered in our lifetime. I certainly wish I had the science skills to make a difference in developing an answer though.

Unread 12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Banned

let's see what we know;

we say universe has its limits. anyone can imagine what's in the end? a brick wall? complete emptiness? (emptiness is still something)

when i look at my wine, i see how it's surrounded by the glass. when i look at my glass i see how it's surrounded by earth's atmosphere. when i look at the earth from moon, i see how it's surrounded by space. when i look at the space, i can't see how it's surrounded or not by whoknowswhat or not.

we don't have imagination too. it's still memorizing and associating. i love giving this example, so i will. what's the most unique extraterrestrial being ever imagined by us? gotta be giger's alien.

well, even this, when you deconstruct into smaller parts, has a humanoid body, tentacles, lots of buglike features, produces lots of saliva, fangs, claws, scorpionish tail and stuff... nothing out of this world. just a weird mixture of things living in earth. just another sphinx or griffin.

we are thinking in the only way we can. knowing 3 dimensions, having a lot of trouble adding time to that, 5th dimension is something we can never visualize or truly understand.

being no real predators, we don't know if it's a great pleasure, taking down a gazelle and breaking its neck with bone crushing teeths and feeling the warm blood splashing all over our faces and drinking it like roarrrr grrrr harharhar...

and when you add all this into "parasitic dna" theory, it makes perfect sense. i don't consider my left arm myself. it's just a part of me. what's me to me, is my consciousness and the flow of my thoughts and "experiencing the now". we are short sighted. dna is not.

it first makes us horny, it chooses what kind of people we will like and then duplicates itself. even transformes itself into an even better dna.

haha, what a mess of a post, but whatever.
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

Astro09:

Sure you can apply that method to the art of astrology, but the answers are subjective, based on perceptions, not real data. What you are showing is the example of astrology on an everyday basis, what we already know to be true, or else we wouldnt be interested in it at all. (based on years and years of the artform that brings us these conclusions).

What I think 0.7Re is looking for is how this artform came to be....
How the planets affect us, how what we do on this forum works.

By use of collecting objective data would be the way to form a possible conclusion.
By use of data that can be collected without using the senses. Such as a watch or a thermometer.

I know that the moon alters the earths tides, because this is based on scientific research.

Everything in life is a theory. We theorize here that astrology is real and we debate about it.

I dont think that astrologers necessarily debate whether astrology is truly a science. It would be like debating whether or not my painting is as pretty as yours, as this information is very subjective, because I think astrology is that, subjective.

Even with my theory stated, I enjoy it very much and will continue to dive in deeper to the depths of the art and craft of astrology.
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned

maybe we just love adjectives. give me a lot of adjectives, attributes o magic natal chart.

[deleted offensive comments - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 12-31-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Unread 12-31-2009, 03:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

[deleted response to offensive comments - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 12-31-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Unread 12-31-2009, 06:46 AM
Banned

[deleted non-astrological comments - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 12-31-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Unread 12-31-2009, 07:57 AM

Imagine an older tv with rabbit-ears antennae. When a person walks in the room to a specific spot near the door the tv flickers a little. when the person walks over to the chair it goes a little fuzzy. When he walks to the lamp the vertical hold goes wild. Then change the directions of the tv's antennae and walk to the same places- there'll be different responses in each place.

It seems like that's how aspects work. When a planet is at a certain angle from another planet, each planet's electric field react together. When you move away from that angle a bit, that reaction goes away until you reach another angular distance from another planet which creates its own response based upon its magnetic or radiation fields.
Unread 12-31-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune613 View Post
Imagine an older tv with rabbit-ears antennae. When a person walks in the room to a specific spot near the door the tv flickers a little. when the person walks over to the chair it goes a little fuzzy. When he walks to the lamp the vertical hold goes wild. Then change the directions of the tv's antennae and walk to the same places- there'll be different responses in each place.

It seems like that's how aspects work. When a planet is at a certain angle from another planet, each planet's electric field react together. When you move away from that angle a bit, that reaction goes away until you reach another angular distance from another planet which creates its own response based upon its magnetic or radiation fields.
Welcome to the forum Neptune613...

Unread 12-31-2009, 02:23 PM

this little book gives the ancient indian science behind astrology, its not an easy read but its worth a look...http://www.hermetics.org/prasad.html
Unread 01-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Thanks for saying so 07.
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:14 PM

...I'd like to add what I've recently encountered regarding info on purpose of DNA. While researching material for my book I spent some time with the writings of Trevor Ravenscroft...most specifically his book "The Cup of Destiny."
It is primarily a book on the legend/myth/history of Parsival...the Knight of the Round Table whom, along with Sir Galahad and Sir Bors went in quest of the Holy Grail. Parsival was some sort of savant of Astrology or a trained master...as Parsival was reffered to as "He whom reads the Starry Script"...he was apparently quite talented and or extremely gifted in the craft/science.
Ravenscroft says that Parsival was a blood descendent of either Joesph of Arimathea [Jesus' uncle by Mary] or James, Jesus' brother.
[Read the legend of the first church at Glastonbury controversy/history for more on that.]
This is the bloodline of the House of David. [and after 2000 years, this bloodline has permeated Great Britain and God only knows where else...considering how the 'Brits' got around in all that time.]
Ravenscroft mentions that "...this bloodline is particularly affected by the Stars [Astrology]".
It was one of the questions I posed to my most reputable and respected clairvoyant friend, Clarisse Conner...whom has proven her talent as to 'seeing' the past or present to complete belief on my part. [For example...I can input any date into a computer ephemeris and ask Clarisse over the phone as to where any Planet or the Moon [whathaveyou] was in the sky at that time... and she will always get it right...and will certainly know if the computer is in error...thus why I use astrodienst...she has never contridicted or disputed their data.
She concured with all that Ravenscroft had to say [that I asked her about regarding his book "The Cup of Destiny"] and then added [as to why this particular bloodline is so affected] that it is caused by something that can be found in the DNA...
Ravenscroft, I believe, was privy to a bit [maybe, a sum] of very esoteric/occult knowledge...I'm still trying to find out more about him.

...remember that the Appendix was considered a "Junk" organ or gland until only recently...In my opinion, God doesn't 'Shoot C*R*A*P" with creation....if "It's There" it's "There for a Reason."

Last edited by piercethevale; 01-02-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Thanks for sharing this ptv! The information is truly fascinating. Please could you continue to share more, as you learn of Ravenscroft.

And as to your friend Clarisse's knowledge, well.... I'm just stunned! What a brilliant mind she has!
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.Re View Post
Thanks for sharing this ptv! The information is truly fascinating. Please could you continue to share more, as you learn of Ravenscroft.

And as to your friend Clarisse's knowledge, well.... I'm just stunned! What a brilliant mind she has!
...Clarisse does have a 'Gift' that's for sure. But it isn't "Her" knowledge...it's just that she has the ability to access it.
You have to be cautious when asking clairvoyants/seers to "take a look at something"...When regardingg questions of an abstract nature I have found it to be advantageous to ask them as to what they 'See' specifically...as to the specific imagery, what they're 'picturing', ...just because one can 'see' something doesn't necessarily mean theyre qualified to interpret it or speculate on it.
As to finding out more about Ravenscroft...there isn't a lot of info available...in fact it's miniscule...I certainly would like to find out more about Him...been after it for sometime [I first heard of Ravenscroft, in earnest, in 2003...I was discussing a theory rof mine, as regarding the spear that pierced Jesus' side while He was on the Cross, and was told by my friend, Suryakant, that it was similiar to what Ravenscroft attested to in his book "The Spear of Destiny."] ...but, I have yet to give it a full effort...there's so much more on my plate at present.
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

with reference to the quantum aspects of reality, a excellent book is the Holographic Universe by micheal talbot. the first third covers the theory of a holographic unioverse as theorized by the physicist david bohm and neurophysiologist karl pribram.both independently arrrived at the holographic theory.the last 2/3 of the book details a scientific foundation for varous paranormal experiences such as esp,the mystical experience,the collective unconscious and synchronicity.

another interesting book is A Different Universe by robert laughlin , a nobel prize winning physicist.in this he explains how the scientific method/reductionism can never find the solution to the laws of physics.
this book give up some ogf the dark secrets of quantum physics.

one that is that silicon is used in electrical devices because it eassily gives up a electron and when the electron moves it leaves a "void" which is positively charged and behaves just as an electron.this is why silicon is such a good conductor.but lauughlin points out that this is a impossiblity with the dogma of relativity because a charge is a function of bond length and empty space can not hold a charge because there is not bond lenght.he proceeds to tell how physicists use a mathematical trick to cause this aberrance to disappear.so our computor society is based on actions that relativity and quantum physics can not explain.

rahu
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Banned

piercethevale,
the book The Holy Blood Holy Grail and the sequel which i have forgotten the name of may be of interest to you.the authors are micheal baigent , richard leigh and henry lincoln.
in the latter book the parsifal allegory is developed in continuity to christ's life.
i came across ravenscroft's spear of destiny many years ago and it made quite an impression on me.

rahu
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahu View Post
piercethevale,
the book The Holy Blood Holy Grail and the sequel which i have forgotten the name of may be of interest to you.the authors are micheal baigent , richard leigh and henry lincoln.
Just an aside ... this is the book where the authors unsuccessfully sued Dan Brown for use of their material in his "The Da Vinci Code ...

If you've read or seen it you may remember that one of the key characters is Sir Leigh Teabing ... notice the surname of the 2nd author and that Teabing is an anagram of the 1st's!
Unread 01-06-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.Re View Post
I understand that the moon affects the changing tides and I am also in agreement that astrology is very real... it is not just pseudo babble.

What I want to understand is the science behind how the planets are able to affect and influence our psyche. Is it a matter of sharing DNA with the planets and stars?

Would anyone like to comment?

Thanks
07 I admire your curiosity but I tell you (& I'm only speaking my mind, which isn't reliable at all), that as humans, we've set out to explain the world in many ways, religion, for example, & now science. But these 'fields' can become filled with false truths - like they say, those "opiates of the masses." Then we put these 'findings' in print & the words (as Twain said) become "chloroform in print." I ask you this: how does astrology work for you? Why ask 'why' cause the question is ultimately unanswerable. But I'm sure that towards the end of the Age of Aquarius, some future 'experts' will tell you why it works, & they'll be closer to the truth (if such a thing is finite) but the final answer resides in your boundless self, where the Universe rests in its entirety.

But as a man who spent years studying science & is now scratching his head cause of astrology, I agree with member 'inside out orange' in that physicists are getting closer to the truth, but if they can't explain why gravity is so weak when it should be so overwhelmingly strong (it escapes into other dimensions, they postulate), then how could they ever explain astrology ??

Tags
astrology, planets, science