Extreme aquarian at a dead end

m_Adison

Hi, I haven't been on in a long time, and since then I had a son, 7 month old little Leo. (of course my opposite) - Anyway, I'm a stay at home mom and am going to start college distance ed so I can stay home to take care of my son. Now, I had a music scholarship right out of high school, and music has always been my thing. I never wanted to go to school to do anything else. I never took the scholarship, (young and dumb) and now as I'm getting older, I've realized I have to be a member of the 'real world' and go to college. I don't want to teach music because, I want to play it, plus I want to stay home for a couple years. I'm lost at what to do! I was considering being a writer, because I could do that, but I want something more solid...something out of my 'artsy' comfort zone. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice! I'll post my chart and I would appreciate ANY kind of direction. Thanks!

madisonbirthchart.gif

Sivitri

Ah! Congrats on your new born son!
A strong chart! Sun , Moon, mercury , venus tightly conjunct! with jupiter not far away...

Quite similar to mine :)

m_Adison

Thanks, he is a blessing. He is the strongest, happiest baby ever! A bit dramatic, though. But, he's a Leo so go figure.

m_Adison

Doesn't having all of my planets all in a cluster like that make me a pretty one sided/fixed person? When I first started reading about astrology I thought it would make things come easier for me, but, it almost seems like I work against myself because of it, and my Scorpio rising. My Scorpio personality traits almost seem like they over power and defeat the Aquarius in me. Like a constant wheel of accomplishment then destruction. I don't know much about how the aspects affect my life or the houses, I really only know personality traits of the signs. I think I need to read up more on how to interpret a birth chart.

Undo

m_Adison said:
Doesn't having all of my planets all in a cluster like that make me a pretty one sided/fixed person? When I first started reading about astrology I thought it would make things come easier for me, but, it almost seems like I work against myself because of it, and my Scorpio rising. My Scorpio personality traits almost seem like they over power and defeat the Aquarius in me. Like a constant wheel of accomplishment then destruction. I don't know much about how the aspects affect my life or the houses, I really only know personality traits of the signs. I think I need to read up more on how to interpret a birth chart.
Well, I'm rather new-ish to Astrology, but my planets are like yours, but stacked in the 10th House (Social Status) and 12th House (Subconcious/Unconcious). It doesn't -always- mean there's a problem, from what I understand, it also -can- be a blessing if you choose to accept the trials.

Yours are stacked in your 1st House (Self) and 3rd House (Communication). I'm not good at chart reading (especially the aspects) so I guess someone else would have to point these out.

If you feel like your negative Scorpio traits are overpowering your Aquarian traits, then simply find suggestions for common negative Scorpio traits.

Sorry I'm not very good at this! :confused:

OH: I also forgot, it also could depend on the sign's mode. (Fixed, Cardinal)

Lupin

Saturn is moving towards your MC and will transit your 10th house this year(it's been oppositioning a few planets on the way.)You may consider making a living out of you art.You'll reveiw your career and lifestyle now.Now you have another mouth to feed! If this seems to be the case don't be afraid to act ,you can get it going,as during the next major saturn transit you'll be called to account.

gaer

m_Adison said:
Doesn't having all of my planets all in a cluster like that make me a pretty one sided/fixed person?
I would certainly think it would make you intense. You might be surprised how many members we have who show a very strong emphasis on one or two signs.

I wouldn't put nearly as much emphasis on Sagittarius in your chart, because ony Mars is fast moving. Saturn stays in each sign for about 2 and 1/2 years, and Uranus is in each sign for about 7 years. If anything, I would pay close attention to the Mars/Saturn conjunction. I look at that as a bit of a war (at least) between doing what you want to do and feeling bound by responsibilities, which tells you that you don't have the freedom to do as you want. A real see-saw.

The cluster of planets in Aquarius is certainly powerful!
When I first started reading about astrology I thought it would make things come easier for me, but, it almost seems like I work against myself because of it, and my Scorpio rising. My Scorpio personality traits almost seem like they over power and defeat the Aquarius in me.
I think that's more Saturn conjunct Mars, or it's what happens when that is conisdered in combination to an Ascendant that is so different from your Aquarian cluster.
Like a constant wheel of accomplishment then destruction. I don't know much about how the aspects affect my life or the houses, I really only know personality traits of the signs. I think I need to read up more on how to interpret a birth chart.
Is part of what you label destruction backing away from doing what you really want to do because of what you perceive as duty, responsiblity?

What kind of music were you involved in? It's rather rare to be so successful in music that you don't have to teach at least to some extent.

Gaer

m_Adison

gaer said:
I would certainly think it would make you intense. You might be surprised how many members we have who show a very strong emphasis on one or two signs.

I wouldn't put nearly as much emphasis on Sagittarius in your chart, because ony Mars is fast moving. Saturn stays in each sign for about 2 and 1/2 years, and Uranus is in each sign for about 7 years. If anything, I would pay close attention to the Mars/Saturn conjunction. I look at that as a bit of a war (at least) between doing what you want to do and feeling bound by responsibilities, which tells you that you don't have the freedom to do as you want. A real see-saw.

The cluster of planets in Aquarius is certainly powerful!

I think that's more Saturn conjunct Mars, or it's what happens when that is conisdered in combination to an Ascendant that is so different from your Aquarian cluster.

Is part of what you label destruction backing away from doing what you really want to do because of what you perceive as duty, responsiblity?

What kind of music were you involved in? It's rather rare to be so successful in music that you don't have to teach at least to some extent.

Gaer

Yes, that is right on the money. I can't seem to finish projects or follow through with many things. I start lots of projects and then move on to the next. I very strongly want stability in my life though, so it's hard.

I play and write piano compositions and sing. Growing up I played flute, sax, clarinet and just started guitar recently. Mostly just piano and voice now, I write just classical compositions and then soul ballads. I've played all my life and sang in choirs. I feel like I need to do something that can get me a stable job that pays well, and everyone has told me music doesn't pay the bills.

I'll read about the Saturn/Mars conjunction, I didn't know about that, thanks!
I really appreciate the feedback and the help!

m_Adison

Lupin said:
Saturn is moving towards your MC and will transit your 10th house this year(it's been oppositioning a few planets on the way.)You may consider making a living out of you art.You'll reveiw your career and lifestyle now.Now you have another mouth to feed! If this seems to be the case don't be afraid to act ,you can get it going,as during the next major saturn transit you'll be called to account.

Art is what I love the most. Maybe if I balanced work and art then I could have the best of both worlds! Thanks.

m_Adison

Undo said:
Well, I'm rather new-ish to Astrology, but my planets are like yours, but stacked in the 10th House (Social Status) and 12th House (Subconcious/Unconcious). It doesn't -always- mean there's a problem, from what I understand, it also -can- be a blessing if you choose to accept the trials.

Yours are stacked in your 1st House (Self) and 3rd House (Communication). I'm not good at chart reading (especially the aspects) so I guess someone else would have to point these out.

If you feel like your negative Scorpio traits are overpowering your Aquarian traits, then simply find suggestions for common negative Scorpio traits.

Sorry I'm not very good at this! :confused:

OH: I also forgot, it also could depend on the sign's mode. (Fixed, Cardinal)

Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are to the technicalities. Since I have a lot in the 3rd House (communication) maybe that's where my need to write comes from.

wilsontc

Staff member
learning astrology and your career, to Madison

Madison,

You said:
I think I need to read up more on how to interpret a birth chart.

If you are interested in learning how to read a birth chart you can learn this in six easy steps at the link below this posting.

About your chart. You have a stellium (strong energy) focused in the 3rd house (thinking, also writing) and your North node (future goals) focused in the 5th house (self-expression, also performing arts). So you have natural writing abilities and need to perform. As gaer mentioned, with Saturn (duty, also career, structure, restriction) conjunct (energy is combined with) Mars (being, also action) conjunct Ascendant (self), your focus on career has become a way of restricting yourself. And, since this conjunction squares (challenging energy) your 3rd house stellium, you also restrict yourself in your writing (focusing on what you "should" do).

Instead, open up your "structuring" abilities and start working on how you CAN use your music writing and composition abilities to get a "real" job. One possibility is "jingle writing": writing the music used for advertisements. And there are others...if you WORK to structure your personal actions find these writing opportunities. You will have to figure out how to "break in" to the field, but with a stellium in Aquarius (friends, also restructuring) focused in the 3rd house, you SHOULD be able to restructure your thinking so it helps you get what you want.

Careering,

Tim

Lupin

Your N Mars is conjunct saturn and although it's square a few planets I think after Saturn crosses MC and moves through 10th house/with T saturn now Square your Saturn you need to start to act and when you experience your saturn return (crossing your asc and entering your 1st house you'll find you'll learn more about focusing rather than scattering your energy.You have a lot of squares to mars,these you need to accept.understand(seems you are doing that..self searching )and then learn to control and channel mars.I found when I had my first child I put away some of my habits and behaviour as I felt it did'nt help in caring properly for him.My son is very Aquarius ,Asc and sun and Uranus on MC and is trying a career in photography.He is very imaginative and creative and has a very good eye.He finds it difficult to focus and gets too many balls in the air and then just flakes off as its all too much,his wife and I are earthy so we get a bit dismayed but at least he has us to direct him!!!Suggest you read well all info on your chart from astro.com and references to career and also short report forecast(transits)

m_Adison

Re: learning astrology and your career, to Madison

wilsontc said:
Madison,

You said:

If you are interested in learning how to read a birth chart you can learn this in six easy steps at the link below this posting.

About your chart. You have a stellium (strong energy) focused in the 3rd house (thinking, also writing) and your North node (future goals) focused in the 5th house (self-expression, also performing arts). So you have natural writing abilities and need to perform. As gaer mentioned, with Saturn (duty, also career, structure, restriction) conjunct (energy is combined with) Mars (being, also action) conjunct Ascendant (self), your focus on career has become a way of restricting yourself. And, since this conjunction squares (challenging energy) your 3rd house stellium, you also restrict yourself in your writing (focusing on what you "should" do).

Instead, open up your "structuring" abilities and start working on how you CAN use your music writing and composition abilities to get a "real" job. One possibility is "jingle writing": writing the music used for advertisements. And there are others...if you WORK to structure your personal actions find these writing opportunities. You will have to figure out how to "break in" to the field, but with a stellium in Aquarius (friends, also restructuring) focused in the 3rd house, you SHOULD be able to restructure your thinking so it helps you get what you want.

Careering,

Tim

Thanks for pointing those things out! I love the insight, it helps so much! I'll start my restructure!

Sivitri

Re: learning astrology and your career, to Madison

hmm.... I tend to refer to a third house stellium as a comunications hub... Well a little towards writing... putting your ideas accross to people... And yes as wilsontc has said a stellium in aquarius friends and etc.
I have a 3rd house stellium like you do :)

I am rather confused about mine though.
Good luck!

gaer

EDIT: Don't worry, gaer; I just fixed the quote codes ;)

m_Adison said:
Yes, that is right on the money. I can't seem to finish projects or follow through with many things. I start lots of projects and then move on to the next. I very strongly want stability in my life though, so it's hard.
It's hard, isn't it? One part of you says, "Go for it", but another part always says, "Be careful!"

I play and write piano compositions and sing. Growing up I played flute, sax, clarinet and just started guitar recently. Mostly just piano and voice now, I write just classical compositions and then soul ballads. I've played all my life and sang in choirs. I feel like I need to do something that can get me a stable job that pays well, and everyone has told me music doesn't pay the bills.

I believe that in music you always need a "fall-back". In fact, this is true for most creative fields. I always think of Stephen King, who was an English teacher for awhile. While he was teaching, he was unable to write, but he taught to survive—until he could support himself by writing.

I'll read about the Saturn/Mars conjunction, I didn't know about that, thanks!
I really appreciate the feedback and the help!

Just think about what those two planets mean, then imagine them colliding. ;)

Gaer

Last edited by a moderator:

m_Adison

EDIT: Again, don't worry--I just fixed the quotes codes ;)

gaer said:
It's hard, isn't it? One part of you says, "Go for it", but another part always says, "Be careful!"

I believe that in music you always need a "fall-back". In fact, this is true for most creative fields. I always think of Stephen King, who was an English teacher for awhile. While he was teaching, he was unable to write, but he taught to survive—until he could support himself by writing.

Just think about what those two planets mean, then imagine them colliding. ;)

Gaer

Yes it is hard! I tend to get two sides of me pulling in different directions, and who knows who will win! Sometimes people don't understand my impulsive changes. I've always thought I had difficulties because of some restriction in my chart, and the Saturn/Mars connection helps me read myself better. A pretty massive collision I would say! A fall-back is always a good idea, especially for me. Thanks for the response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupin

It occured to me what about something combining music and children? the nodes are in Taurus in the 5th house,(5th house Taurus is lovely) and although there's a square to sun it's trine Neptune.I believe that if we begin a voyage of self discovery we begin travelling our true path and we find direction.Often it's not until we look back we see this.I know it sounds new agey and I'm not,but I've found this to work over many years.