Help with career

flyonmyzephyr

I am in need of guidance for my career. I have the hardest time reading my own chart. My chart goes as follows:

My 10th house lord goes into the 8th, which has made my career very turbulent. What career is best suited for my chart? I am currently in a Mercury/Ketu dasha, and the 3rd part of my sade-sati.

Rahu and Jupiter will both be on top of my natal Venus as well in the next few months. What does this hold for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

My observations are as follows:
1. Profession lord is retrograde and in the eighth house and exchanging aspect with the lord of eighth house from the house of finance.
2. Currently you are passing through Period of Mercury - lord of finance and past karmas, education etc.
3. Profession lord is indicating this can give you linkage from the followings -
Something technical/research related/insurance/HR/based on your educational background/astrology/mines and minerals and many more like audit/vigilance etc.
Point is what is your area of interest. Only then it will be better to work out.
There are more areas too according your profession sign.

flyonmyzephyr

Thank you for your response. I do have an interest in making a career as an astrologer, and I love research. Do I have to wait until my 30s for my career to develop because of Saturn's influence? Or should this Mercury dasha help speed it up?

I also had an interest in making a career as a writer. Most of my past careers were 3rd house related, but they didn't work out. With the equal house system, Mars, Ketu and Sun go into the 3rd. Is Ketu from this position blocking me from a career relating to 3rd house matters?

RaRohini

Hi !

On analysing your chart , i could come up with several combinations. So i can say that your profession may be social.
Your ascendant Taurus Mrigasira.. hyper analytical,Short tempered, crave for familiarity especially food and home. Start of campaigns.. be it politics or advertising etc. Beware of being shortsighted in terms of opinions.Moon in Libra Vishaka..could be lawyer.Your Rahu Ketu Axis is from Leo to Aquarius (Dhanistha the dolphin).House 4 to 10.. Maybe diplomat.You will move from being a person concerned with your own fame to a person concerned with the betterment of the masses. Property, real estate, patriotism, love for ancestors, insurance, dancing,music,sports ( maybe ice hockey, which to me sometimes looks like a dance 😃),theater,historian, politics, lawyer, business.. these are some of the words that pop up. D9 confirms that.Good possiblity of becoming famous or marrying a famous person.You are a social climber ( beware of becoming narcisstic). You have many avenues open to you. However what stands out is your patriotism and love for your land and ancestors.
All the best ! God bless.

Last edited:

mathur_dinesh

There is no doubt that the career would be ‘turbulent’ as the owner of the tenth house is in the eighth. But the major-period is important.
You are in the major-period of Mercury these days. It will give the results of Saturn and the Sun.
The Sun is in the third house in a constellation of Mercury clearly pointing to writing and communication. This seems to be the prime area.
Saturn is in the eighth and has Rahu in its mooltrikona sign. Therefore research becomes an important area. Since Saturn receives aspect of Ketu in the eighth house occult is another area that would attract you these days. As aspect is always less important than occupation, research will score over the occult as a possible profession.
Saturn is in a sign of Jupiter and the latter occupies the second house. Hence financial matters would be another area of professional interest.
Saturn is in a constellation of Venus. Venusian professions such as beauty treatment, marital and relationship counseling, interest in cars, poetry, etc are also candidates.
Rahu is in sambandh with Saturn and Rahu is in a constellation of Mars. As Mars occupies the fourth house realty brokerage and counseling would be another sector.
All of the above applies to Mercury major-period only.
:smile:

Last edited:

RishiRahul

I am in need of guidance for my career. I have the hardest time reading my own chart. My chart goes as follows:

Asc: 26 Tau
Su: 23 Can - 3rd House
Mo: 29 Lib - 6th House
Ma: 10 Leo - 3rd House (cusps)
Me: 14 Leo - 4th House
Ju: 08 Gem - 1st House (cusps)
Ve: 26 Leo - 4th House
Sa: !4 Sag - 8th House
Ra: 02 Aq - 9th House (cusps)
Ke: 02 Leo - 3rd House (cusps)
Ur: 08 Sag - 7th House (cusps)
Ne: 14 Sag - 8th House
Pl: 16 Lib - 6th house

I calculated the house cusps with the equal house system. I would prefer an interpretation using the equal house system, but if you are more comfortable using a different system, my birth date is Aug 10, 1989 Ottawa, ON Canada, 1:22 AM

My 10th house lord goes into the 8th, which has made my career very turbulent. What career is best suited for my chart? I am currently in a Mercury/Ketu dasha, and the 3rd part of my sade-sati.

Rahu and Jupiter will both be on top of my natal Venus as well in the next few months. What does this hold for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Your Mercury vimshottari dasa started 2013; and the time that you are born at confirms that your career will success well above average as exalted Rahu in the 10th house + other important factors making Rahu important for career.

The 10th lord Saturn being in the 8th. is not damaging as its far from being in enemy house, and is supported by its dispositor too.

You will make your life which will involve a lot more effort than the usual others. By the dint of your constant efforts your finances will be strong as 11th lord Jupiter is the second, which is the 11th house of AL.

Not only because your mercury dasa began from 2013, but due to other reasons too, I do see a new way arrive around end 2012, within the confusing period. I wonder if you ended something and started something too at that time.

Aug 2016 onwards & first half 2017 will put you on a practical 'career; and you are running Mercury dasa in the nakshatra that it posited.

......a practical one away from your present dreamy ones. And you will do brilliant!

good luck and keep us informed when developments happen.

RishiRahul