Vedic Astrology

GeminiSun

Recently I've been getting into Vedic Astrology more and the answers for certain placements are way more detailed and way more personal so it really intrigued me. But the thing that makes me not believe in it and gravitate more to Western Astrology is that I'm a Taurus Sun in Vedic Astrology and there is no possible way that that could be true. I am absolutely nothing like a Taurus. I know so many Taurus people and they are so different from me, like complete opposites. But I definitely agree with the Scorpio Moon, it describes me so well and so do some other stuff I read online.

So if anyone has any input on my Vedic chart and could explain some stuff, that would be cool. Like which direction I should take my life in, how was my upbringing, my appearance, etc or anything that pops out about my Vedic chart.

Born: June 3, 1993
Time: 5:13PM

flyonmyzephyr

Hello!

I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some of the other astrologers on here, but I'll have a go at your chart :)

You have Rahu conjunct Moon in your 2nd house. One of the things the 2nd house represents, is what goes into your mouth. Rahu is foreign or exotic. This position usually gives a person a more exotic or foreign diet - something about your diet is unusual. Rahu also represents smoke, so a lot of times a person with this placement has an affinity for smoking (ex: cigarettes, cigars, marijuana - not all of these of course, but smoke goes into the mouth at some point). Family lineage is also exotic or foreign from the country you were born in, since the 2nd house also represents our lineage.

Venus is your ascendant lord. Recently in transit, Uranus has been right on top of your natal Venus. Uranus is the planet of rebellion. Usually when Uranus hits your ascendant lord, something about your appearance will be rebellious. Dying your hair crazy colours, or even shaving your head in certain parts I have seen come from this transit - hairstyle is meant to defy your cultural norms.

Your Sun is conjunct the planet Ketu, within one degree. Ketu's job is to teach lessons relating to surrender, apathy and detachment from whatever he touches in a birth chart. This placement shows you were forced to detach yourself from the father. Your 9th house is ruled by the sign of Gemini, which means your father is very communicative, and also did a lot of short distance travelling. You had asked about your upbringing, there should have been separations from the father in the early 2000s - lots of pressure was being put on your relationship with him then, especially around 2001 (not sure if you'd remember it though since you were so young).

From June 28th, 2018 to Oct 3rd, 2020; you entered a Mer/Jup dasha. Jupiter is in your 12th house, which will give you lots of opportunities for foreign travels. During this dasha, these karmas are being activated. You should be doing lots of long-distance journeys over the next few years, especially during the first half of 2019.

Sorry for the wall of text - I just love astrologizing haha

Last edited:

GeminiSun

Hello!

I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some of the other astrologers on here, but I'll have a go at your chart :)

You have Rahu conjunct Moon in your 2nd house. One of the things the 2nd house represents, is what goes into your mouth. Rahu is foreign or exotic. This position usually gives a person a more exotic or foreign diet - something about your diet is unusual. Rahu also represents smoke, so a lot of times a person with this placement has an affinity for smoking (ex: cigarettes, cigars, marijuana - not all of these of course, but smoke goes into the mouth at some point). Family lineage is also exotic or foreign from the country you were born in, since the 2nd house also represents our lineage.

Venus is your ascendant lord. Recently in transit, Uranus has been right on top of your natal Venus. Uranus is the planet of rebellion. Usually when Uranus hits your ascendant lord, something about your appearance will be rebellious. Dying your hair crazy colours, or even shaving your head in certain parts I have seen come from this transit - hairstyle is meant to defy your cultural norms.

Your Sun is conjunct the planet Ketu, within one degree. Ketu's job is to teach lessons relating to surrender, apathy and detachment from whatever he touches in a birth chart. This placement shows you were forced to detach yourself from the father. Your 9th house is ruled by the sign of Gemini, which means your father is very communicative, and also did a lot of short distance travelling. You had asked about your upbringing, there should have been separations from the father in the early 2000s - lots of pressure was being put on your relationship with him then, especially around 2001 (not sure if you'd remember it though since you were so young).

From June 28th, 2018 to Oct 3rd, 2020; you entered a Mer/Jup dasha. Jupiter is in your 12th house, which will give you lots of opportunities for foreign travels. During this dasha, these karmas are being activated. You should be doing lots of long-distance journeys over the next few years, especially during the first half of 2019.

Sorry for the wall of text - I just love astrologizing haha
Oh my gosh, everything was SO accurate! "Foreign" or "exotic" diet, haha, that is like the story of my life. I've NEVER ate like a normal person. I've always been on a super strict, weird diet since I was 12. And then sometimes I'd let myself go and then lose a bunch of weight again and keep the same crazy diet for years. It is so weird and strange. I have a bad relationship with food.

And yes, I am a smoker. Family lineage is extremely exotic. The Uranus transit on my Ascendant is also very accurate because recently I dyed my hair a dark green, but I dyed it back to black like a few days ago.

Yes, early 2000's was tough with my relationship with my dad. I felt like I never really knew him. He worked so much around that time, he was barely home. In the last 2-3 years we have really bonded and connected though.

And funny how you say travels are in my future, I have been thinking about going to Vegas for a while now, to see Britney Spears' new show when it premiers and to re-connect with my aunts. And for some strange reason, I've also been contemplating moving to Miami with my cousin. So who knows how the next few months will pan out.