Gemstones and Astrology

Empath

I love stones and i love color, to.

I looked at Radu's color chart, and now my mind is awash in a kaleidescope.

I had a vision of a software program that would express a chart using Radu's color chart. Each house border would be the color of the sign's degree. Each planet and point would be drawn in the sign's color. Aspects could be dran this way: an aspect line, e.g. a trine would emanate form each point in the color of that degree, blending somewhere in the middle... or maybe more to the side of a dominant planet.

If colors are assigned to planets, then the planetary color could be blended with the sign/degree color.

I'm seeing a very visiaul, intuitive way to grok the patterning of energy.
I get this kind of feeling looking at all of the patterns formed by aspect lines in charts; the colors would be very dynamic.

Any software developers out there? I work in sw development, but I am not adeveloper, though I do design, content, and coding.

Lapis

Empath,

HOT ****!!! What a GREAT idea. Luv it! Being so visual myself (Pisces Asc), this is often the way I mentally see things anyway.

I've seen some charts on a black background with the elements shown in the corresponding colors and just THAT looked really nice and easy on the eyes besides speaking volumes without the use of words. I like using the language of colors (very 5D Pleiadian btw :wink: ) to portray the matching astrological (or whatever) type energies etc. Colors are like numbers to me, just seen in a slightly different manner however. What did I just say????

Anyway I think you've come up with a really great idea. Natal charts should visually look like the multi-colored cosmic soul maps that they actually are!
rainbowface8fe.gif

Empath

All this is reminding me of a very visceral dream I had about 10 yers ago. People's charts were cast on layered discs that spun and generated patterns of color and music.
The phenomenological power of color and sound would tell each person the story of their soul and their current incarnation. Interpretation was not necessary; to experience the spinning discs is to know...

yea... that's how they do it on that that other planet, huh....

All those numbers and midpoints and stuff get in the way for me. I look at the "spirograph" that weach chart creates, and I get a real feel for the energy pattern.

pwadm

Staff member
I had a vision of a software program that would express a chart using Radu's color chart. Each house border would be the color of the sign's degree. Each planet and point would be drawn in the sign's color. Aspects could be dran this way: an aspect line, e.g. a trine would emanate form each point in the color of that degree, blending somewhere in the middle... or maybe more to the side of a dominant planet.

If colors are assigned to planets, then the planetary color could be blended with the sign/degree color.
Very nice! Empath, what you describe can be easily done, like Lapis' emoticon
rainbowface8fe.gif
. All we need is a good programmer.

All this is reminding me of a very visceral dream I had about 10 yers ago. People's charts were cast on layered discs that spun and generated patterns of color and music.
The phenomenological power of color and sound would tell each person the story of their soul and their current incarnation. Interpretation was not necessary; to experience the spinning discs is to know...
Now this is even better! I hope the time will come for this vision to come true. If you have additional information on this vision, please describe it, maybe we will be able to make this dream come true.

Laura Elizabeth

Another very positive way (and safer for some gems) to psychically cleanse not only gemstones but just about anything, is to put them outside in direct sunlight all day. Or for a number of days until you sense that the object or gemstones have been cleared of unwanted energies left over from whatever!

Sunlight is a much better idea :D Though some gems will fade with too much exposure to light, just to cleanse them wouldn't cause any problems.

On programming... the chart could be done, either as a css or in java or even html.

Empath

Quote:

Now this is even better! I hope the time will come for this vision to come true. If you have additional information on this vision, please describe it, maybe we will be able to make this dream come true.

The discs fit on top of each other in a locked groove pattern. I think they activated when all of the disks were together.

The dream was very strong and real, I had this dream 10 or so years ago, my husband even remembers it!

I don't know much about materials science, although I did edit a lot of books on ceramics, but I've had visions of discs that are used for a number of purposes. It's not even visions as much as something I expect to see...

I keep seeing discs that are used for a passive air conditioning -- they absorb humidty and heat and emit coolth -- a fan is used to circulate air over the cooling stones mounted to the wall. These oval, clay or tan ceramic-or terra cotta-like are so real in my visions -- like I live with them in another time, dimension, planet -- that I've resisted airconditioning my house -- despite the hot and humid south jersey summers.

I see heating discs as well

...and dics that emit soft, bright light.

[/i]

dr. farr

Stones are important healing agents, and are one of the most effective ways to draw down celestial influences for practical purposes; the jyotish practitioners have done the most with connecting stones to planets and the nodes, and this does in fact form part of the practical astrology in the Vedic systems, because they believe that just knowing the astrological influences is not enough, and that we can actually modify those influences, IF we know how (and that's the problem, of course, for modifying celestial influences is not a simple or easy matter)

The healing application of stones (cystals) is technically known as "dynamic lithotherapy", the word "dynamic" being applied because the stones are used for their energetic influences, NOT for their chemical constituents' effects (for example, hematite-an ore of iron-is NOT used in dynamic lithotherapy for the chemical effects of its iron content upon the body chemistry; the energetic qualitative effects of hematite are instead what are being looked for in dynamic lithotherapy)

I have posted an elemental-affinity list of crystals and stones, in the terms of Aurvedic tridosha, on a thread in the "Other Astrology" forum of the Astrodienst website (qv); I plan to eventually translate these affinities into our 4 element model (used in Western astrology) and post them here on AW, perhaps along with some additional astrological connections which I have determined by studies I have conducted in this area over the past several years.

R4VEN

I have posted an elemental-affinity list of crystals and stones, in the terms of Aurvedic tridosha, on a thread in the "Other Astrology" forum of the Astrodienst website (qv); I plan to eventually translate these affinities into our 4 element model (used in Western astrology) and post them here on AW, perhaps along with some additional astrological connections which I have determined by studies I have conducted in this area over the past several years.
I look forward to that, dr. farr.

I tend to be a bit hit & miss with crystals. The new age information doesn't gel with me, so I am looking for some astrological connections to help me make better use of crystals.

Claire19

There are many and varied theories on Astrology and gemstones but your listings are I feel as accurate as any I have seen. A few exceptions but that is my opinion.

dr. farr

I have just posted the tridosha-affinity list for those who might be interested; will try to supply the 4 element classification in the not too distant future,

chhoton

I am wearing a blue sapphire on my middle finger and one gomedh on ring finger in right hand. Now I have to wear a Cat's eye. On which finger should I wear it? Ca any respected astrologer please advise?

dr. farr

It would also be the ring finger (as in the case of the gomedh) If still wearing the gomedh, wear the Cat's Eye on the opposite hand