Horary Over~Dependence and Consumption

MaeMae

Banned
It's common to see on AW multiple and habitual posts by members who appear to me to use it as if it's a disposable resource.
Makes me think of the boy who cried wolf.

agarth

It's common to see on AW multiple and habitual posts by members who appear to me to use it as if it's a disposable resource.

More like the person who goes to different fortune tellers until they hear the answer they want.

Serendipity

Yes, and it's usually on relationships.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
There are a handful that do indeed want readings often, and really that is not a problem, as no one is forced to answer any question. If the questions are different, most readers don't mind, as most charts are read as practice (don't take too long a break from horary, you forget it all).

As Serendipity pointed out, it is usually in relationship horarys. Over the years I noticed that if a member did not like what they hear, they will try the same question over and over (and will sign up under different names still asking the same question) and will become argumentative if it is not what they want the outcome to be. Even more oddly, if someone does say what they want, they are considered to be the best astrologer ever :unsure: even when later the unwanted predicted out come becomes the reality.

I don't think this is a fixable situation, but it was nice to blow off steam.

TK

Gemini Rising

That's true.

To be honest, I have also misused horary (sometimes because I didn't like the answer sometimes because I couldn't see the answer). To add insult to injury, I sort of got...addicted to asking questions :annoyed:
But you know what? We all pay the price as it all comes back to us. The sooner we realize it, the better.
The more I learn about horary the more I appreciate it and try to use it constructively (that is...if the charts makes sense to me, because sometimes they don't!). But I guess this is something you realize as time goes by: if you study horary (when I say study I mean read books not just surf on the net) and if you try to interpret the charts yourself then you might understand this. If you don't have a clue about it and just ask others to read your chart all the time, how can this awareness process be initiated?
Of course this is just my opinion :happy: