In Praise of Moon in Gemini

MaeMae

Banned
admittedly, i'm a card~carrying gemini hater.
but i love moon in gemini. mine and other's.
double talkin', trouble makin', rabble rousin' fools we can be, but also the quickest wits with great comedic timing.
use our words to massage folks into any shape we see whimsically fit.
i don't know about you, but when i go to a restaurant, i am aware of every nearby patron's conversations as well as what's on their plate. Even bad dates are tolerable because of going~on~around~us amusements.
lovers of people~watching. we can create scenarios about peoples lives just watching them walk down the street.
any of this ring true for other moon gems?

lazarusx

Sure does, i have my moon in Gemini 1st house conjunct Mercury and Jupiter. And i tell you what, the simplest gestures or facial reactions from people can have me in hysterics.. i love to watch conversations between people, the comedic value is priceless although others fail to see what i find so funny :biggrin:

I often find myself creating situations through conversation for my own amusement, even if subconsciously.. but get me talking about a topic im passionate about and the words will seemingly roll of my tongue with fluent precision. I enjoy writing more then i do talking, but if im feeling good/confident(moon) i'll talk about anything(mercury) and everything(Jupiter)

Poetry is my greatest appreciation of creativity because it incorporates deep feeling and eloquent thought while capturing the big picture, which reflects my stellium of planets in Gemini.

/end ramble :wink:

serafin5

admittedly, i'm a card~carrying gemini hater.
but i love moon in gemini. mine and other's.
double talkin', trouble makin', rabble rousin' fools we can be, but also the quickest wits with great comedic timing.
use our words to massage folks into any shape we see whimsically fit.
i don't know about you, but when i go to a restaurant, i am aware of every nearby patron's conversations as well as what's on their plate. Even bad dates are tolerable because of going~on~around~us amusements.
lovers of people~watching. we can create scenarios about peoples lives just watching them walk down the street.

MaeMae: How can you hate Gemini's when isn't having 'your moon in gemini make you part gemini yourself? I dont have any planets in gemini but my mercury's in aquarius in the 3rd so I've been told that mentally I'm like a gemini; I do like to multi-task. I know that gemini's have their faults, but they crack me up too! Watching a gemini in action is like watching a human octopus juggling everything in the air and they can be so verbally charming (when they're not sharpening their tongue on your self-esteem:w00t:)

You gotta luv 'em
Serafin5

sequestra

Oh my God of course only a gem moon could create this thread - the moon here tends to get so much **** from other people (in my experience), but I love it in others and I'm also coming to appreciate the fact that I have one too. For me it offsets some of the watery/fire volatility, as the moon here greatly assists one to scrutinize one's emotions with a bit of airy detachment. Mine is a bit afflicted (oppositions to my asc, jupiter and uranus), but then of course conjuncts my DC in the 7th and is semi-saved by a trine to mercury in the 3rd. Communication is a necessity.

What you said about the love of people watching is so true. I've been a veritable hermit for months now, but in the past (and future), I just love walking about for hours to people-watch and analyze/hypothesize/fantasize individuals.

But I tend to adore gemini suns, probably due to the moon conjunct gemini DC. What do you dislike about them?

Claire19

MaeMae: How can you hate Gemini's when isn't having 'your moon in gemini make you part gemini yourself? I dont have any planets in gemini but my mercury's in aquarius in the 3rd so I've been told that mentally I'm like a gemini; I do like to multi-task. I know that gemini's have their faults, but they crack me up too! Watching a gemini in action is like watching a human octopus juggling everything in the air and they can be so verbally charming (when they're not sharpening their tongue on your self-esteem:w00t:)

You gotta luv 'em
Serafin5
Why would you hate Gemini's?? A bit strong. I personally like them and have many in my life but then I am mostly fire and air. They can be most amusing, witty and intelligent. THe flip side is they are immature, unreliable, easily bored and liars.

Caro

I like geminis - as part of group of friends. you have to give them a long leash though - cos they disappear for months never to be heard of.

unreliable - sure. can be verbally a nightmare - got to tell em directly I find.

liar ? - no havent found this

sequestra

I like geminis - as part of group of friends. you have to give them a long leash though - cos they disappear for months never to be heard of.

Well I love this about them, I mean they are mercurial after all; it makes me feel more comfortable and free in a friendship (and I kind of share the tendency, i.e. a requirement of space). Though I've never been in a partnership with one and I'm not so sure I'd be fond of the quality applied in that sense, heh. My mother (gem sun, mercury, venus) apparently gave my dad hell with that kind of thing in the "olden days" (dumped him countless times and dated a ton of guys in between and throughout their courting - including his identical twin - before they finally married). My dad was seemingly enamored with her flighty ways... She didn't have many female friends, go figure. If I'd known both of them then, I wouldn't have wanted to hang out...

MaeMae

Banned
i'm with claire on this one.
although i do love my mercurial moon, i am still a meat & potatoes gal. solar gems, at worst (but often, in my experiences) are two~sided, undependable emotionally and yes, big liars. again, my experiences. my own moon square to pluto virgo probably has something to do with my perceptions. i can sniff 'em out readily now, over many years of soured friendships and love gone bad with gemini suns. i can only liken my assessments of gem sun to the guards at Auschwicz who told the jews to prepare for a shower and led them somewhere else. harsh, i know.....and not said lightly.

Last edited:

Caro

Wow! that is some statement. :unsure:
one gemini I know is a Jew and an astrologer. sure there are countless numbers of those.

gemini in my 8th house - I nearly went into business with one awhile back but realised that with the long leash required this would not work. as I would carry the load.

funny how these things repeat themselves as another gemini friend is hinting at the same thing but it is a 'no from me Bob'. would be looking for a more reliable taurus(if at all) for a business partnership.

Our3Minds

I also have a Gem Moon and I love to dissect and analysis the actions of everything that is going on around me but with a Taurus Rising I believe that added cautiousness has made my Gem side not as talkative as it probably would be with a Fire and Air Sign in the Rising. Don't you think any of the Fire and Air would add to the energy of the Gem Moon and add to its talk-ability? Taurus , Cancer, Virgo and Scorpio are pretty self conscious in the Rising so they would, I believe, quiet the Expression of the Gem Moon. Pisces and Capricorn have lots of ideas they want the world to understand so they may help the Gem Moon be more expressive.

our3minds.com

MaeMae

Banned
Well, I meant to imply one who turns on you.

Moon in Gemini really helps me to bounce out of bad moods pretty quickly. Something new usually takes over my thoughts. It can go either way, though. I will think about a sad thought and then shortly after, will be thinking about some new inspiration.
An early~on teacher once told me she appreciated my expressive writing. It is because I write like I talk. I think that's a good expression of my moon gemini.
We do all seem to like to study others, it must lend to some lunar security need being filled ~ perhaps the need to understand what's not written or spoken? It's an interesting placement.

serafin5

Why would you hate Gemini's?? A bit strong. I personally like them and have many in my life but then I am mostly fire and air. They can be most amusing, witty and intelligent. THe flip side is they are immature, unreliable, easily bored and liars.

Dear Claire19:

You totally misunderstood my post; I am not the author of this thread. If you read my post carefully, I love Gemini Sun's. The last couple of best friends all have been Gemini's for me (I'm sad that my one Gemini, Cindy, whom I adored passed away). She used to crack me up. All I said is that sometimes they can cut a person up with their sharp tongues but everybody knows that! Besides, I really hate making blanket statements about sun signs; you always have to look at the chart. But I do not hate Gemini's and if my post made you think that I apologize.:crying:

Sadly,
Serafin5