Venus in Aries + 8th house

Harmelia

Hey everyone!

This is my first post regarding my chart. I have many questions, but I’m quite intrigued with my Venus in Aries (detriment) AND in 8th house, since relationships have always been a struggle for me for as long as I can remember. They can be magical, but painful. So my question is, how challenging is this placement? It seems like a lousy placement for Venus, am I right?

I seem to have no luck in love, I always attracted and felt attracted to the wrong guys (I’m a woman btw) and with time I’ve realised that it was becoming a pattern (which I'm trying to avoid now, but the attraction is still there). My timing always seems to be off too. Even friendships have been difficult, somehow I tend to alienate everyone or loose contact, so in the present I have very few close friends and it’s been hard to meet new people - this goes for friendships or potential lovers. The thing is, I seem to oscillate between feeling kind of "popular" (for lack of a better word because I’m not the popular type, but I do stand out sometimes), in the sense of people noticing me and being drawn to me, to moments when I feel completely invisible and uninteresting.

I know that there are many things that can contribute to this, but maybe there’s something in my chart too? I am trying to change some life patterns so getting some answers could be helpful.

That’s why I’m asking about my Venus. I noticed I have aspects from Chiron to my Venus (sextile) and Mars too (conjunction). My ascendant is highly aspected too, I’m not sure how it can affect me and my relationships.

Also, my Venus is in the 8th or 7th depending on house systems, and I do feel some of the 7th house traits (I feel both, in 8th and 7th), but I guess that could be because my moon is in the 7th… QUOTE)

Dear Whiteoak,
First of all, I suspect (don’t think there are any studies on this) that it is more common than not that young men are slow to commit or are in some way unavailable – even into their 30s. However, there are the ones who commit and marry, so the question is still a valid one. Why am I choosing unavailable men?

Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces, the sign on your 7th house of marriage. Jupiter can exaggerate “things’. Pisces has a big imagination, is highly intuitive and empathic. Your Moon is there, accentuating Piscean energy. Pisces -Jupiter can see into people’s potential when on the 7th. In fact, the potential of a person seems very real to us. So, when we are relating to a potential partner and see the potential as a real thing, we can actually be attracted to what isn’t real yet – and may not actually come to pass. And our potential partner may somehow feel unseen, as he may not be attuned to that potential yet. This is actually difficult to describe – because it’s such a subtle thing. But Pisces gives a lot of space for imagination to run free, and I think when it comes to relationships, people want to be felt, seen, and heard as they themselves see themselves. Pisces tends to connect in love “out there” in a more spiritual sense rather than along concrete, practical ways. And that gives a natural instability. Someone with a strong Piscean presence in his chart, will more likely like your style of loving. It can be scary and maybe even weird to others who do not.

Jupiter is also thought of as the woman’s marriage partner in the chart. Your Jupiter is in Aquarius – the “I’ve got to be me” planet. That means, your man is highly individualistic. His focus is on becoming his own unique self. He’s a kind of rebel and “different”. Aquarius is ruled traditionally by Saturn, so it’s possible he could commit – but these types can be independent and not into doing the traditional thing – which might include marriage. He will need a lot of room and independence in a relationship. He could seem quite distant or aloof to you. Of course, it’s difficult to say much more without knowing more about any potential partner’s chart.

Your chart indicates that you strongly value communicating your emotions with south node conjunct Saturn in 3rd. This would no doubt be important in a relationship. A Jupiter-Aquarius guy may or may not be so focused – depending upon the rest of his chart. He could be more focused upon himself and his own creative projects. Relationship may be his second love, rather than his first. Jupiter is square your Nodes. My guess is, you may need to develop a less emotional approach to your potential partners. By focusing on working toward your North Node in Taurus, 9th house – perhaps that we make you more attractive to the guys you are attracted to. Taurus is more peaceful, not into emoting emotions at all. Your Sun is in Taurus giving you total access to Taurus energy. Taurus wants it simple and easy. It wants it calm. It wants it harmonious.

A Jupiter in Aquarius is going to be a bit nervous – electric – restless. He needs calm and not many demands put upon him. And you need that too. It’s your Jupiter. Anyway, this is one way to read the difficulty. Hope this helps a bit.

whiteoak

Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces, the sign on your 7th house of marriage. Jupiter can exaggerate “things’. Pisces has a big imagination, is highly intuitive and empathic. Your Moon is there, accentuating Piscean energy. Pisces -Jupiter can see into people’s potential when on the 7th. In fact, the potential of a person seems very real to us. So, when we are relating to a potential partner and see the potential as a real thing, we can actually be attracted to what isn’t real yet – and may not actually come to pass. And our potential partner may somehow feel unseen, as he may not be attuned to that potential yet. This is actually difficult to describe – because it’s such a subtle thing. But Pisces gives a lot of space for imagination to run free, and I think when it comes to relationships, people want to be felt, seen, and heard as they themselves see themselves.

I see what you mean... I wonder if I ever saw someone as they really are, because only recently I realised that I often see what I want to see and not the reality, I really wasn't aware of that before. I probably missed a lot too :unsure: I'm not sure if I will be able to control this the next time, since it's so unconscious, but I will definitely try...

Pisces tends to connect in love “out there” in a more spiritual sense rather than along concrete, practical ways. And that gives a natural instability. Someone with a strong Piscean presence in his chart, will more likely like your style of loving. It can be scary and maybe even weird to others who do not.

Haha I can see that, the weird part. Yes, maybe I scare them... But I've also got the opposite feedback, like not being into them enough or not doing enough, I guess it really depends on the person, where we are at the moment in life and what we feel about them, of course. I think this only happened when I wasn't really into them, indeed, not feeling it deeply enough, they were right, because when I am I can probably be too much.

Jupiter is also thought of as the woman’s marriage partner in the chart. Your Jupiter is in Aquarius – the “I’ve got to be me” planet. That means, your man is highly individualistic. His focus is on becoming his own unique self. He’s a kind of rebel and “different”. Aquarius is ruled traditionally by Saturn, so it’s possible he could commit – but these types can be independent and not into doing the traditional thing – which might include marriage. He will need a lot of room and independence in a relationship. He could seem quite distant or aloof to you. Of course, it’s difficult to say much more without knowing more about any potential partner’s chart.

That makes sense. But I can also be like that, so I get it. There's two sides of me and one of them is also individualistic and not so much into traditional things, but then there's the other side of me that makes me kind of a hopeless romantic and also a bit possessive... Sometimes I really don't know what I want.

Your chart indicates that you strongly value communicating your emotions with south node conjunct Saturn in 3rd. This would no doubt be important in a relationship. A Jupiter-Aquarius guy may or may not be so focused – depending upon the rest of his chart. He could be more focused upon himself and his own creative projects. Relationship may be his second love, rather than his first. Jupiter is square your Nodes. My guess is, you may need to develop a less emotional approach to your potential partners. By focusing on working toward your North Node in Taurus, 9th house – perhaps that we make you more attractive to the guys you are attracted to. Taurus is more peaceful, not into emoting emotions at all. Your Sun is in Taurus giving you total access to Taurus energy. Taurus wants it simple and easy. It wants it calm. It wants it harmonious.

Great info here, I am probably too emotional indeed. And I do need more peaceful and harmonious relationships for sure. There's no doubt that I really need to make some changes, so reading this helps a lot.

A Jupiter in Aquarius is going to be a bit nervous – electric – restless. He needs calm and not many demands put upon him. And you need that too. It’s your Jupiter. Anyway, this is one way to read the difficulty. Hope this helps a bit.

It was really helpful. Thank you so much for taking your time to do this! :smile:

Just one more thing, is it more important to look at the 7th house than Venus for these kind of questions?

Harmelia

I see what you mean... I wonder if I ever saw someone as they really are, because only recently I realised that I often see what I want to see and not the reality, I really wasn't aware of that before. I probably missed a lot too :unsure: I'm not sure if I will be able to control this the next time, since it's so unconscious, but I will definitely try...

Haha I can see that, the weird part. Yes, maybe I scare them... But I've also got the opposite feedback, like not being into them enough or not doing enough, I guess it really depends on the person, where we are at the moment in life and what we feel about them, of course. I think this only happened when I wasn't really into them, indeed, not feeling it deeply enough, they were right, because when I am I can probably be too much.

That makes sense. But I can also be like that, so I get it. There's two sides of me and one of them is also individualistic and not so much into traditional things, but then there's the other side of me that makes me kind of a hopeless romantic and also a bit possessive... Sometimes I really don't know what I want.

Great info here, I am probably too emotional indeed. And I do need more peaceful and harmonious relationships for sure. There's no doubt that I really need to make some changes, so reading this helps a lot.

It was really helpful. Thank you so much for taking your time to do this! :smile:

Just one more thing, is it more important to look at the 7th house than Venus for these kind of questions?

Look at everything. The 7th house does rule relationships and where the ruler of the 7th house is in house and sign will be something you want to look at. But truly, it's always the whole chart - that you need to understand to answer any question properly. It all adds up.

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Astrology is a science that provides us with the understanding of the locations of the planets and their effects. Venus, which symbolizes love, beauty, and prosperity, is known to have different effects in different signs and houses depending on its placement. In this article, we will discuss the special effects of “Venus in Aries + 8th House”.

Venus in Aries:

The planet Venus is a symbol of a person's art, beauty, and happiness and peace. When it is situated in Aries, its influence makes the person courageous, enthusiastic, and sensitive. In this situation, the person gets special attainment of good communication skills, motivation, and self-assertion.

Venus in 8th house:

When Venus is situated in the eighth house, its influence is particularly significant. The eighth house is also called the house of death and influences unique and mysterious aspects of a person's life.

The influence of Venus in this house inspires the person to discover the deeper truths of the soul. It provides him with the opportunity to move towards courage, self-support, and self-development. In this situation, the person succeeds in understanding the mysterious aspects of his life and there is a positive change in his attitude towards death.

Abbreviation:

In this article we learned how when Venus is placed in Aries, a person gets the opportunity to move towards courage, beauty, and self-development. Specifically, when it is located in the eighth house, its influence helps the individual understand the mystical aspects of his life and gain a new perspective on death. This state inspires a person to discover the deeper truths of the soul and helps him in achieving the highest goals of life.