Do U Believe in Twin Flames?

waybread

Very wise, witchyone.

I have been married 2x for a total of 41 years. My first marriage ended in divorce. A real relationship takes a lot of energy, the ability to get through some long bad times, the ability to muzzle one's legitimate criticisms of the other, some extreme disagreements, and irritating personal habits.

People live happily ever after only in fairy tales.

Sagcap88

Very wise, witchyone.

I have been married 2x for a total of 41 years. My first marriage ended in divorce. A real relationship takes a lot of energy, the ability to get through some long bad times, the ability to muzzle one's legitimate criticisms of the other, some extreme disagreements, and irritating personal habits.

People live happily ever after only in fairy tales.

Yep! That’s why I’ll take a nice sun-moon aspect, along with nice Saturn, Mercury, and Jupiter aspects. None of that crazy Pluto/Neptune/South Node/Vertex drama. I know there are exceptions but I just want a relationship to be healthy, happy, and have good communication — both parties able to be mature enough to handle challenges.

It’s crazy how you really can’t even turn on TV, play a song, read a book, or see a movie without having dysfunctional relationships thrown in your face. The only tv show I watch is This is Us, which I like simply for the fact that there are parents who mutually respect each on there facing and overcoming challenges and put family first. The dad on there is great...nice to see a show that isn’t bashing fathers.

Witchyone

It's a curious thing about us contemporary humans, or at least contemporary Americans; we have a tendency to think that the problems of old don't apply to us. We each think that we have the key to perfect happiness and everyone else that has come before us and tried and failed to have it all is a dumbass. We think when _we_ get married, the honeymoon will last forever and the forsaking all others part won't ever come up. We think that if a relationship gets hairy, we'll simply talk it out and walk away and that will be easy. LOL We think we can somehow make Romeo and Juliet turn into more than three acts when those two kids never even got beyond the initial lust phase of a relationship.

P.S. I can't claim to be wise. I've been just as guilty as everyone else of these fantasies and have learned the hard way that I'm just like everyone else who ever lived.

david starling

It's a curious thing about us contemporary humans, or at least contemporary Americans; we have a tendency to think that the problems of old don't apply to us. We each think that we have the key to perfect happiness and everyone else that has come before us and tried and failed to have it all is a dumbass. We think when _we_ get married, the honeymoon will last forever and the forsaking all others part won't ever come up. We think that if a relationship gets hairy, we'll simply talk it out and walk away and that will be easy. LOL We think we can somehow make Romeo and Juliet turn into more than three acts when those two kids never even got beyond the initial lust phase of a relationship.

P.S. I can't claim to be wise. I've been just as guilty as everyone else of these fantasies and have learned the hard way that I'm just like everyone else who ever lived.

Wait....You mean you're NOT the reincarnation of Queen Cleopatra?! :lol:

waybread

I think the best indicators of a long-term relationship are:

1. suns sextiled or trined (maybe conjunct but then they'd have the same birthday.

2. moons conjunct, sextiled or trined

3. "reverse" Mars-Venus conjunctions, sextiles or trines. (As in, her Mars trines his Venus.)

4. Positive inter-aspects with the above and with the ascendants, (as in his Venus conjuncts her ascendant.)

5. Jupiter is a real "feel good" planet in synastry contacts.

Compatible suns really confer feelings of friendship. Ideally, one's spouse or committed partner is one's best friend. Moons give emotional compatibility. Because the moon also symbolizes the home, compatible moons are also good for sharing a home together.

I'm not so keen on squares or oppositions. Sure, these are points of contact, but also stressors.

Wide orbs and out-of-sign aspects seem to work in synastry.

Then we have to look at the individual charts to see whether someone is really relationship material. What kind of inner tensions does this person have? For example, my husband and I have great Mars-Venus synastry, but my Venus is part of an opposition and his Mars-Venus are part of a T-square that is nearly a grand cross. We've had some horrible rows over the years, but keep working at it.

Sometimes the synastry looks weak, but the composite chart looks really strong. I use the midpoint composite chart.

Sagcap88

I think the best indicators of a long-term relationship are:

1. suns sextiled or trined (maybe conjunct but then they'd have the same birthday.

2. moons conjunct, sextiled or trined

3. "reverse" Mars-Venus conjunctions, sextiles or trines. (As in, her Mars trines his Venus.)

4. Positive inter-aspects with the above and with the ascendants, (as in his Venus conjuncts her ascendant.)

5. Jupiter is a real "feel good" planet in synastry contacts.

Compatible suns really confer feelings of friendship. Ideally, one's spouse or committed partner is one's best friend. Moons give emotional compatibility. Because the moon also symbolizes the home, compatible moons are also good for sharing a home together.

I'm not so keen on squares or oppositions. Sure, these are points of contact, but also stressors.

Wide orbs and out-of-sign aspects seem to work in synastry.

Then we have to look at the individual charts to see whether someone is really relationship material. What kind of inner tensions does this person have? For example, my husband and I have great Mars-Venus synastry, but my Venus is part of an opposition and his Mars-Venus are part of a T-square that is nearly a grand cross. We've had some horrible rows over the years, but keep working at it.

Sometimes the synastry looks weak, but the composite chart looks really strong. I use the midpoint composite chart.

Thanks! Good info.