What career/job and when?

RES II

Here is my chart, I wish I could also share my resume. I am very long term unemployed. For 15 years I was primary caregiver for my parents and caregiving made employment impossible. Now at almost 58 years of age (July 2) I have no job and no income. I have been trying since I lost my mother back in October to find a job but so far nothing. I need to find a good job real soon.

I am college educated (Bachelor of Science in Political Science/Secondary Education, Completion Certificate in Paralegal Studies, in college aced back to back three US Constitutional Law courses, love history especially US history).

I have worked as a substitute school teacher and was good at presenting information and knowledge but poor with being able to maintain discipline. I was a dealer for a log home company but failed because I couldn't afford to build a model home to show customers.

Most of my work was helping my uncle on our family's farm which I enjoyed doing but got little or no monetary compensation for. I also raised and sold lots of fresh produce. I'm not physically up to anything like that any longer.

I'm also very good with writing. For years I wrote monthly professional editorial quality letters to the editor that were printed in 7 newspapers, one letter earned me a Silver Quill Award. I've written 4 children's stories had 2 manuscripts copyrighted and have written some other short works as well but can't seem to get anything published. I'm also very good with interior decorating of homes. I'm very creative.

I keep applying for all kinds of jobs from banking to sales to almost anything I think I could do but I get nowhere and what I have tried working at either pays too little to even think about living on it or has turned to rust rather than gold.

What careers and jobs should I try for and would I have the best chance of success and happiness with? When should I try for them, what should my timing be?

I've wondered if I'm someone who is just supposed to be totally unlucky and unfortunate with life. I look at my past and ahead to my future and wonder what my purpose in this life is. Maybe I'm just here to suffer, have nothing, and lose what litle I do have.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_raymond_scott_hp_86058_25314.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_raymond_scott_hp_86058_25314.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 25

Marinka

I responded to your other thread and while looking at your chart - there were indicators of legal/writing shift in your chart. While those would be suitable goals to work toward, maybe now there is just a need to get into the work force. Check out temp jobs and maybe even consider those positions that may not pay what you are expecting.

I mention this because I see house activation of the 6th (house of service) which might indicate temporary jobs or "just for the time jobs". Maybe even a job as an senior home aid ...

edited to add ... As a note, I also saw a 9th house activation (house of higher education) and at the time, considered that it might be a need for more education but, with your additional data, it could be a position as some type of lecturer and/or a possibility of work being published.

Last edited: