Moon square Uranus

Arianedreams

I was wondering whether the Moon square Uranus in my chart has a plus side in that this is what is essentially keeping my Cancerian Moon from it's more natural tendency to dwell in the past? Does anyone have the same aspect and agree or disagree?

I know when I was little I ached for security whilst always wishing to be on the move which used to make me feel as if I was going nuts - I always felt very emotionally unstable but in retrospect part of this was assimilated from the environment in which I was forced to live. Now I'm in my thirties I think it's what lets me walk away from things and release them rather than holding onto grudges or being overly sentimental. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts, especially those who share the aspect.

CarrieLee

Hi Arianedreams,
you did not mention what sign Uranus is in or where it is located..I am curious to know.
I have this aspect My moon is in the 4th in Gem (because of the placement I have a lot of Cancer energy to me) it is square Uranus in Virgo 7th house. I have an incredible amount of nervous unfocused energy..I have a big supply of Bach's Rescue Remedy and Kava tea always around. In the past I have unexpectedly walked out on men and reinvented my life.
As i grow older I feel I handle the energy better..I love the Aquarian I am married to so I keep a big supply of Bach's Rescue Remedy and Kava tea around. LOL.:)
I do believe that this aspect would allow you to release easier than a Normal Moon in Cancer would. If you are in your 30's does that put Uranus in Libra?

R4VEN

Arianedreams said:
I was wondering whether the Moon square Uranus in my chart has a plus side in that this is what is essentially keeping my Cancerian Moon from it's more natural tendency to dwell in the past? ........................................
Now I'm in my thirties I think it's what lets me walk away from things and release them rather than holding onto grudges or being overly sentimental. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts, especially those who share the aspect.
I do not have the square, Arianedreams, but I do have moon in Cancer, and what you say about how the Uranus square affects this sounds pretty right to me.

I really hate the whole dwelling in the past/longing for the past to be back/ - it makes me feel like I'm being manipulated by my moon.
"Now I'm in my thirties I think it's what lets me walk away from things and release them rather than holding onto grudges or being overly sentimental."
That is very well-expressed.

And I also imagine that your sense of having control in your relationships - beginning with your r/ship with your mother - would be more self-determining.

For others who view you, or have relationships with you, you may be seen as unpredictable or erratic.

And CarrieLee, Uranus can really play havoc with a Gemini moon, leading you to feeling out of control at times. So, yes, the Rescue Remedy is good to have close by at all times.

Arianedreams

CarrieLee said:
Hi Arianedreams,
you did not mention what sign Uranus is in or where it is located..I am curious to know.

It is in Libra and is 8th, 9th or 10th House depending on the house system used (10th being equal). I used to think it was definitely 10th house energy but I think it mistook my boredom threshold for jobs as Uranus rather than Neptune when I was younger. Now I am aware that I will need to be able to shift roles and don't berate myself for not being the job for life type :D

And "For others who view you, or have relationships with you, you may be seen as unpredictable or erratic." Yes R4VEN I remember working for a Scorpio in particular, he used to say I was fanastic at my job (I was a graphic designer) but he "never knew what I was going to do next" and I was "unsettling and unpredicatable" which I always disputed! But then he liked working with machines :);)

Ekim86

Hello. I actually post a moon square uranus thread awhile ago and got some great feedback from the people here. I too have the moon sqaure uranus. Moon in Virgo in the 9th Uranus in Sagg in the 1st. Man I can end relationships easier then I can brew a cup of coffee. Have done so in the past unexpectedly. I hardly live in the past at all. If anything I live stricly in the present. Stagnant, no plans for the future. Also I would consider myself emotionlly stable but my girlfriend says emotionally unaware. lol. I have a cancer friend that sometimes crys. I dont care or anything and know how much crying can releave people. But I havent cried in years. If something is really depressing and overwhellming to me I simple turn into a stoic. What I dont care for doesnt hurt me. I can have a good fight with my girlfriend and be absolutly fine 5 mins later. While she is still upset. Moods can change quickly. Mostly content to enraged for me. Not a wide range of emotions. I read in a book that cutting off relationships unexpectedly was a behavoir learn from the mother during childhood. My mother seemed pretty unstable when I was younger. Also this aspect is connected to a trumatic experience during childhood. I kinda enjoy this aspect. It seems to give me more character. If I say what I feel I'm almost garenteed some good laughs from others. Completely random sometimes.:) Glad to comment.

aquarius7000

I like the stuff I'm reading here, as I can identify with quite a bit of it.:D
I was wondering whether the Moon square Uranus in my chart has a plus side in that this is what is essentially keeping my Cancerian Moon from it's more natural tendency to dwell in the past?
I don't know how tight that orb is, Arianedreams, but Uranus in an aspect to the Moon or Merc will not let you dwell on anything for too long;). The only thing Uranus is consistent about is inconsistency (from a lot of nervous energy), or, to put it more commonly and positively, change. It is great to see this as a positive aspect and Uranus can certainly 'make us move', 'keep our psyche in motion'. This might be horrifying for all Cancerian, Scorpionic and all earthy 'type' personalities, but it has its own advantages. I have about a 5° Uranus-Moon sextile (energy flows easily), with Uranus in the third and an Aqua Merc (plus Sun), and boy, it rocks. Ok, sometimes I do wish it would just take a sedative and let me rest, too, but it often plays 'jack in the box' with never a dull moment 'up there':p. Nonetheless, I am thankful for this placement and aspect of Uranus, as, otherwise, I would be worse than a Cancer Moon (as far as dwelling in the past and clinginess go) with Saturn and Pluto aspects to my 'Cap' Moon. Uranus often feels like a revitalizer.

However, Arianedreams, I would say (not knowing your other natal aspects) that making a decision with a Libra Moon, or Libra anything is tough enough, and, with Ura aspecting it (depending on the orb), it must be quite a challenge. Just, btw, I have Libra on my third house:p. Always two sides to a coin.

:)aquarius7000

Last edited:

R4VEN

Ekim86 said:
I read in a book that cutting off relationships unexpectedly was a behavoir learn from the mother during childhood. My mother seemed pretty unstable when I was younger. Also this aspect is connected to a trumatic experience during childhood. I kinda enjoy this aspect. It seems to give me more character. If I say what I feel I'm almost garenteed some good laughs from others. Completely random sometimes.:) Glad to comment.
Thanks for that insight, Ekim86.

My 3-yr-old grandson has this placement (Uranus in Pisces, Moon in Sag) and although he has a sunny & independent nature, his mother is already making decisions regarding him which are sowing the seeds for later reactive - even erratic and rebellious behaviour. When he was a baby she was the best mother I have ever seen - ever! She was a natural - but in the last year or so she seems to have lost interest in him, and he is already showing signs of stress.

At least he won't be burdened by this, but will shrug it off eventually. Most people I know with this placement seem to be able to do this.

Arianedreams said:
It is in Libra and is 8th, 9th or 10th House depending on the house system used (10th being equal). I used to think it was definitely 10th house energy but I think it mistook my boredom threshold for jobs as Uranus rather than Neptune when I was younger. Now I am aware that I will need to be able to shift roles and don't berate myself for not being the job for life type :D

And "For others who view you, or have relationships with you, you may be seen as unpredictable or erratic." Yes R4VEN I remember working for a Scorpio in particular, he used to say I was fanastic at my job (I was a graphic designer) but he "never knew what I was going to do next" and I was "unsettling and unpredicatable" which I always disputed! But then he liked working with machines :);)

It be most helpful to ‘post’ their charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

There has been some great threads here on AW, try the search feature.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13124

Emotionally then would seek to do something unusual, different to feed the emotional life. Sudden flashes of intuitive insight into people, situations etc. Emotionalloy quick to react, like moon in aries square uranus (like mine) in Leo 4th to 7th, soon to forgive and forget

Last edited:

CarrieLee

Ill do it! LOL..Moon Square Uranus 4 and 7 it does involve my 7th house stellium.:D
I am having a LOOK at me week LOL

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_carrie.gif
    astro_2gw_01_carrie.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 39
Have you read this thread?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13137

Did you view mom as restless, procrastinating and indecisive? Pisces moon
Your moon has 3squares and 4easy aspects ie; trines/sextiles.

Your Sun is combust with Pluto which automatically makes you an honorary Plutonian
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunplutoaspects.html

Your Venus, mercury conj is in 8th house Equal house system not 7th. I have Pluto and uranus in 7th house and Leo rules this house, like having your sun there also. It's a hard combination to live with, cos it describes your marriage partner, significant other.

I expect your Pluto, Jupiter conj takes some living with as well..
Jupiter‑Pluto Conjunction

Inflexibility, conceit quite possible!

The conjunction of these two planets ‑ each of which is expansive in its own way ‑ one through seeking a synthesis of a wide range of phenomena, the other through spreading its roots in the ­all‑embracing unconscious, can have serious and far‑reaching consequences. Pluto could carry us unexpectedly out of our depths, and with Jupiter we must always be on guard not to bite off more than we can chew. The danger of exaggeration and of overreaching ourselves is always present.

Whenever we are engaged in philosophising, forming opinions, studying or any other Jovian activity. Pluto intensifies our efforts. It encourages depth; and in making a synthesis we are never satisfied that everything has been included. Therefore the combination leads to intense searching. Where our philosophical outlook is concerned, we do not rest until we are able to penetrate to the core of life itself; preferably we want to be in control of our lives. We do not form opinions until we have thoroughly researched the background information; the corollary being that, when our minds are finally made up, nothing and nobody can shake us. Our opinions become part of us and we promote them with passionate intensity. So this aspect gives inflexibility, conceit and unreachability, but is outstanding for study and research.

The expansiveness of Jupiter stimulates Pluto’s striving for power and urge to control and get to the bottom of situations. So this is a likely aspect to find in the charts of great leaders and demagogues (provided it is kinked with personal points in the horoscope). Its drawback is that charismatic leadership ability may not be accompanied by responsible insights. And once these natives are captivated by some ideal (Jupiter), they can pursue it with such fanaticism that they have no time for ­non‑supporters. Power struggles and differences of opinion are commonplace with this aspect.

From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

CarrieLee

Astrologer50,
Thank you so much for responding and looking at the chart( I have just learned in the last week how to post one, i was working off an old computer when I joined and would never let me post it :))
I had thought I did respond to your thread, but I was wrong it was the Father thread I did post on.
Mom was unpredictable as she was an alcoholic until my age of 28 (Saturn return) and Mom has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder..If you have not met one of these people it truly makes for an unpredictable life I believe my SUN Pluto Uranus square Moon sum this up beautifully.. I was sort of a person with Dependant Personality Disorder Until I entered therapy.
What is most important in my chart and my world is that I have Sun combust Pluto at 22 degrees Virgo In the 90s Pluto was Squaring My stellium and I will not go into it here, but have you read the mythology about being dragged into the Underworld and put upon Meathooks....That was me..
I was once very beautiful known for my beauty and my conceitedness UNTIL Pluto squared me triggering all those pesky things in my chart including my Yod..
I was dragged into the underworld and barely survived ( I had two suicide attempts) when I discovered Reincarnation I never considered suicide again..
I am transformed but unfortunately no longer conceited I lost most my teeth and my beauty..I gained so much more..As I have a beautiful husband and wonderful children and a recovering mom.
I long for Family the real ones you see with big Italian Families.....
I am a Huge fan of Jeffery Wolf Green and Stephan Forrest and when I get the money will enroll in their schools.......
I AM Plutonian..
Hopefully the Good kind.
I have my moments of Haughtiness and usually the Universe corrects me gently Unlike the 90's when Pluto dragged me under......
Thanks for looking every once in a while my Mars in Leo kicks in and wants others to see me...
My mom was a Cappy so she never procrastinated -I do though I think its a past life carry over.
I also like your equal house system( I have and astrology group leader who favors this system and I find insight in it) if you look there my south node is with Mer/Ven and I believe in a past life I viewed Beauty and Mind over Soul values and must be corrected in this Life. I lost my beauty (my teeth and I have a weight problem) and I was never allowed the college I longed for...
I am hopefully learning to have very Real Values as I am grateful Truly grateful for the Moments I have with my beautiful Loved ones..
thanks
Carrie

R4VEN

CarrieLee, I found your last post very moving. Yes, you are the very embodiment of that Pluto-Sun combust, the requirement which is for transformation.

I also find it interesting that your south node in Libra in the 8th house is a very embroiled energy, where you came in (to this incarnation) with a lot of drama and dysfunction in your life. Perhaps your own personal needs were considered unimportant, and you learned early to get by on the strength of your looks - until you underwent transformation! And well done for knowing that you have to survive, and that you are a necessary part of life here on earth.

You have that moon also squared to Chiron - yet another indication of early life (surrounding mother and mothering) upset and confusion, creating much inner turmoil. The purpose of this placement is to equip you with an ability to `read' people, and to better understand the emotional repsonses of others.

That's certainly a `heavily laden' chart you have there, CarrieLee.

CarrieLee

Thanks for your Amazing input and Food for thought...

"That's certainly a `heavily laden' chart you have there, CarrieLee."

When I saw this I had to chuckle and my first thought is " I know did I really think I could pull this chart off LOL?"
The real blessing is I CAN laugh at myself now...And that is so important.

I am just content with motherhood, making jam and the occasional dreamcatchers, and studying astrology.I dream of a little farm somewhere where I can just cherish the moments that are so perfect sometimes... I am not quite sure how that adds to the big web of the world.:rolleyes:
I think my lack of mothering and incarnating into a woman who was incapable of being a decent mom( she does try to make things better now) has made me a really good mom this time.If not really good I try really hard to make sure my babies know HOW valued they are.
I did post on the Yod thread I still have problems with a certain Arian..Its that Chiron.
Life isn't all perfect Saturn is approaching that stellium causing some issues..Yet I am so proud I have handled them with much more Grace!!
Maybe Ill pass this test afterall.

On a side note I have pulled up one life as a prostitute or I prefer courtesan...I have an odd feeling there is a more recent one out West ( I had a certain disgust earlier in my life with the west) I am now consumed with the history and if you know anything about the late 1800's and the 'working girls' most of them were on drugs and I had my share of loving the drugs(opiates were my favorite) in my younger years.That Neptune...If I were there that would explain alot..I should do another past life regression to see for sure

We should all take note how blessed we are in this modern time..Other time periods so difficult just to survive.

Thanks for looking and for your most beautiful response:D
CarrieLee

Last edited:

Lissa

Honestly,the Moon-Uranus square(I have my Moon in Aries and Uranus in Capricorn)is one of the aspects in my chart I like the most.It gives me this terrible mood swings,that's for sure,but somehow the crazy mood swings help keeping routine out of my life.Now that I am being medicated for bipolar disorder my mood swings are a lot more soft and my life seems so boring,I feel a little bit sad about it to be honest...

I believe Uranus can do wonders for the Moon-especially to a Cappy Moon like yours,Arianedreams(I like the name by the way).Uranus keeps your emotional life fresh,dynamic and interesting.It does take away any chance of finding some stability,and balance is almost a myth when the Moon and Uranus meet in a harsh aspect,but,if you enjoy a life full of surprises and unexpected events,you'll enjoy the Moon-Uranus challenge.

Just a little tip:Uranus-Moon aspects call for some emotional distance in your relationships from others,so be sure to give yourself some space from time to time.Uranus will thank you:)

R4VEN

Lissa said:
Now that I am being medicated for bipolar disorder my mood swings are a lot more soft and my life seems so boring,I feel a little bit sad about it to be honest...
I've found that `harsh' Uranus-moon combination in the charts of many who have been diagnosed bipolar - usually the square, conjunction or opposition.

katydid

Lissa said:
Honestly,the Moon-Uranus square(I have my Moon in Aries and Uranus in Capricorn)is one of the aspects in my chart I like the most.It gives me this terrible mood swings,that's for sure,but somehow the crazy mood swings help keeping routine out of my life.Now that I am being medicated for bipolar disorder my mood swings are a lot more soft and my life seems so boring,I feel a little bit sad about it to be honest...

I believe Uranus can do wonders for the Moon-especially to a Cappy Moon like yours,Arianedreams(I like the name by the way).Uranus keeps your emotional life fresh,dynamic and interesting.It does take away any chance of finding some stability,and balance is almost a myth when the Moon and Uranus meet in a harsh aspect,but,if you enjoy a life full of surprises and unexpected events,you'll enjoy the Moon-Uranus challenge.

Just a little tip:Uranus-Moon aspects call for some emotional distance in your relationships from others,so be sure to give yourself some space from time to time.Uranus will thank you:)

Lissa,
Now i better understand your statement in another thread about your not liking public displays of affection. Now that you are trying the new medication, maybe it will be easier to reach out a little more to those loved ones. Even though Uranus outweighs the Moon, the Moons needs are still present, and need to be addressed somehow, sometime. :cool:

CarrieLee,

Your honest appraisal of your Moon square Uranus and your life thus far with T Pluto is really refreshing. I notice both your moon in Gemini and Uranus in Virgo are both mutables, so I would not expect too much major disruption cos all the mutables are adaptable, changeable anyway.

Plus your Sun is on wide orb conj with Uranus which will make you a bit eccentric at times or even impatient. At the moment T Saturn has or is going over your virgoan planets slowing this down, when it gets to Pluto this can suggest ambitions with relationship and Capricorn ruling 11th house of large organisations, friendships etc and Pluto ruling 9th (Equal house system)

Saturn opposite Venus and Mercury can also make you feel unloved or uncherished from childhood
venus.gif
square.gif
opposition.gif
saturn.gif

Venus square or opposition Saturn
Alternate, short interpretation: Venus square Saturn or Venus opposition Saturn: *You are serious and find it difficult to enjoy yourself in a lighthearted, open and playful way with others. You rarely do something purely for pleasure, and can be very close-fisted and parsimonious. Perhaps due to painful separations in your early life, you are very cautious about becoming close to people and sharing your feelings. Though you crave love and affection, intimacy is difficult for you. You may become romantically involved with people who do not value you or treat you well. You need to learn to love and value yourself before you will find happiness in love.
#You may find that your best sexual relationships are with individuals who are significantly older or younger than yourself. The role of teacher is so significant in your life that it may pervade your love life. You will need to overcome a sense of reserve or inhibition to deepen your spiritual connection.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/venussaturnaspects.html

Plus Saturn is in 3rd house Equal house and Neptune in 9th and venus/mercury in 8th. Cos so many planets move house it may well be worth researching the differences in house systems.

House systems
Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_house_system#Equal_House

Arianedreams said:

It be most helpful to ‘post’ their charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

What sign is your Uranus in? what house? any other aspects to these two planets? What houses do moon and uranus rule?

I have Moon square Uranus Aries conj4th cusp and Leo Uranus in 7th, I think cos they are both fire and aries is soon to live and let live and doesn't hold grudges it's not too much of a bother. It does though suggests breaks with mom and relationships and wants to do something unsual to feed the emotional and intuitive nature.

Lissa

katydid said:
Lissa,
Now i better understand your statement in another thread about your not liking public displays of affection. Now that you are trying the new medication, maybe it will be easier to reach out a little more to those loved ones. Even though Uranus outweighs the Moon, the Moons needs are still present, and need to be addressed somehow, sometime. :cool:

Hi Katy,yes,I think Uranus can't be blamed for my problems with physical intimacy.I don't have much problems with in inside love relationships(Cancer 7th house?),but when it comes to family and friends,I do.Well I do enjoy physical contact but to me physical contact equals kindly punching,slapping,pushing around etc.Need to work this out before someone gets hurt lol!

katydid

Lissa said:
Hi Katy,yes,I think Uranus can't be blamed for my problems with physical intimacy.I don't have much problems with in inside love relationships(Cancer 7th house?),but when it comes to family and friends,I do.Well I do enjoy physical contact but to me physical contact equals kindly punching,slapping,pushing around etc.Need to work this out before someone gets hurt lol!

I hear ya. My Aries/ Leo son and Gemini1/Sag daughter are 5 years apart in age. When they were younger they used to fight/bicker a lot. Now that they are 21 and 16 they get along really,really well. They have kind of united 'against' us so to speak. :rolleyes: