Random Thoughts, strictly Text

JUPITERASC

Also it is the Chat forum, made for ''spiritual thoughts''?

aren't there Christian forums where you can talk about Christian stuff
like I don't understand why you're even on an astrology forum talking about Christian stuff
especially because Christians don't really like astrology
Siriusly- Threads on our CHAT board are not limited to astrology :smile:
and

objecting to the discussion of Christian values
is your prerogative
however
other people may be interested

NEWSFLASH
no need to read "talk about Christian stuff"
if it's objected to

FURTHERMORE
The thread title is "RANDOM thoughts, strictly text"
Q.E.D.
and so on
ad infinitum
Hallelujah Brethren

JUPITERASC

Origen, unlike Pythagoras, utterly rejected transmigration, though he believed in the pre-existence of all souls (we can say he believed in two transmigrations, but then one can claim that resurrection entails one transmigration), similar to the Talmudic Guf, he also believed that the soul of Jesus was the most obedient of all, and so it united with the logos to become the Christ who was born in Bethlehem.

So Origen thought that there is a soul -> soul in this life -> soul at the resurrection. This was his method of explaining why some people are born in more fortunate or unfortunate circumstances.

But it is not biblical, it is platonic.

It also assumes dualism.
Interesting and informative
Origen is entitled to his opinion - as is Pythagoras :smile:

petosiris

Banned
Interesting and informative
Origen is entitled to his opinion - as is Pythagoras :smile:

''Bishop Philip came in, and Demetrius, another bishop, said: Brother Origen teaches that the soul is immortal.

Orig.: The remark of father Demetrius has given us the starting point for another problem. He asserted that we have said the soul is immortal. To this remark I will say that the soul is immortal and the soul is not immortal. Let us first define the meaning of the word "death," and determine all its possible senses. I will try to show all its meanings not by appealing to the Greeks, but all its meanings as found in the divine Scripture. Perhaps one more learned than I will point out other senses also. But for the present I am aware of three kinds of death. What are these three kinds of death? According to the apostle, a man may live unto God and die unto sin. This death is a blessed thing. A man dies to sin. This death my Lord died. "For in that he died, he died unto sin." I know also another sort of death, according to which a man dies to God; concerning this it was said: "The soul that sins, it shall die." And I know of a third kind of death, according to which we commonly suppose that those who are separated from the body die. For "Adam lived nine hundred and thirty years and died." There being, then, three kinds of death, let us see whether the human soul is immortal in respect of the three kinds of death, or if not in respect of the three, yet in respect of some of them. The death that is a matter of moral indifference all men die. It is that which we consider dissolution. No soul of man dies this death. For if it did so, it would not be punished after death. It is said: "Men shall seek for death and shall not find it." In this sense every human soul is immortal. But in the other meanings, the soul in one sense is mortal, and blessed if it dies to sin.
'' - https://sites.google.com/site/demontortoise2000/Home/origen_dialog_with_heracleides

''The Dissension of the Arabians. About the same time others arose in Arabia, putting forward a doctrine foreign to the truth. They said that during the present time the human soul dies and perishes with the body, but that at the time of the resurrection they will be renewed together. And at that time also a synod of considerable size assembled, and Origen, being again invited there, spoke publicly on the question with such effect that the opinions of those who had formerly fallen were changed.
— Ecclesiastical History VI,37 by Eusebius of Caesarea''

Brother Beryllus had it right with the humanity of Jesus and the mortality of the soul. We know that the Arabic bishops didn't believe in the immortality of the soul well into the 8th century, as their belief was called ''soul death'' by John of Damascus the servant of idols in the 8th century.

JUPITERASC

''Bishop Philip came in, and Demetrius, another bishop, said: Brother Origen teaches that the soul is immortal.
Orig.: The remark of father Demetrius has given us the starting point for another problem. He asserted that we have said the soul is immortal.

To this remark I will say that the soul is immortal

and

the soul is not immortal.
makes sense :smile:
Let us first define the meaning of the word "death," and determine all its possible senses. I will try to show all its meanings not by appealing to the Greeks, but all its meanings as found in the divine Scripture. Perhaps one more learned than I will point out other senses also. But for the present I am aware of three kinds of death. What are these three kinds of death? According to the apostle, a man may live unto God and die unto sin. This death is a blessed thing. A man dies to sin. This death my Lord died. "For in that he died, he died unto sin." I know also another sort of death, according to which a man dies to God; concerning this it was said: "The soul that sins, it shall die." And I know of a third kind of death, according to which we commonly suppose that those who are separated from the body die. For "Adam lived nine hundred and thirty years and died." There being, then, three kinds of death, let us see whether the human soul is immortal in respect of the three kinds of death, or if not in respect of the three, yet in respect of some of them. The death that is a matter of moral indifference all men die. It is that which we consider dissolution. No soul of man dies this death. For if it did so, it would not be punished after death. It is said: "Men shall seek for death and shall not find it." In this sense every human soul is immortal. But in the other meanings, the soul in one sense is mortal, and blessed if it dies to sin.'' - https://sites.google.com/site/demontortoise2000/Home/origen_dialog_with_heracleides

''The Dissension of the Arabians. About the same time others arose in Arabia, putting forward a doctrine foreign to the truth. They said that during the present time the human soul dies and perishes with the body, but that at the time of the resurrection they will be renewed together. And at that time also a synod of considerable size assembled, and Origen, being again invited there, spoke publicly on the question with such effect that the opinions of those who had formerly fallen were changed.
— Ecclesiastical History VI,37 by Eusebius of Caesarea''

Brother Beryllus had it right with the humanity of Jesus and the mortality of the soul. We know that the Arabic bishops didn't believe in the immortality of the soul well into the 8th century, as their belief was called ''soul death'' by John of Damascus the servant of idols in the 8th century.

petosiris

Banned
makes sense :smile:

He probably had 160+ IQ, as he knew Hebrew in Antiquity, knew very well the writings of the Greek philosophers and the Bible (the above is a very original interpretation made with remarkable memorizing of scripture), did the first textual criticism of the Bible in six columns, and seven stenographers and crew of copyists couldn't keep up with his homilies and writings. He was like the Mozart of philosophers, so his authority was almost equal to the Bible, until he was anathematized for Arianism and pre-existence of the souls in 553. Most of his works don't survive as a result. :smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

petosiris;1033321 said:
He probably had 160+ IQ, as he knew Hebrew in Antiquity, knew very well the writings of the Greek philosophers and the Bible (the above is a very original interpretation made with remarkable memorizing of scripture), did the first textual criticism of the Bible in six columns, and seven stenographers and crew of copyists couldn't keep up with his homilies and writings. He was like the Mozart of philosophers, so his authority was almost equal to the Bible, until he was anathematized for Arianism and pre-existence of the souls in 553.

Most of his works don't survive as a result. :smile:
Similarly, Sr Isaac Newton was jealous of
and copied many of the ideas of
brilliant contemporary rival Robert Hooke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrXv0dHARk

and obliterated as much as he could :smile:

all traces of Robert Hooke FRS 18 July 1635 – 3 March 1703
a British natural philosopher, architect and polymath
who played an important role in the scientific revolution
through both experimental and theoretical work.

Hooke's early life was as a brilliant but impecunious
scientific inquirer
followed by the period after the great fire of 1666
in which he achieved great wealth and standing
due to his reputation for hard work and scrupulous honesty
then later life dogged by ill-health
and dominated by jealous intellectual disputes.
This last is primarily responsible for his relative obscurity
in the centuries since his death.

AppLeo

Origen, unlike Pythagoras, utterly rejected transmigration, though he believed in the pre-existence of all souls (we can say he believed in two transmigrations, but then one can claim that resurrection entails one transmigration), similar to the Talmudic Guf, he also believed that the soul of Jesus was the most obedient of all, and so it united with the logos to become the Christ who was born in Bethlehem. So Origen thought that there is a soul -> soul in this life -> soul at the resurrection. This was his method of explaining why some people are born in more fortunate or unfortunate circumstances. But it is not biblical, it is platonic. It also assumes dualism.

I don’t see how obedience is a virtue.

They don't like me over there. :sad:

Lol why?? You know so much about the scriptures

Yeah well my spirituality is materialistic atheism so I like have more rational discussions in spiritual thoughts

and

is your prerogative
however

NEWSFLASH
if it's objected to

FURTHERMORE
Q.E.D.
and so on
ad infinitum
Hallelujah Brethren

You wanna fight JA?
McDonald’s parking lot 6 pm
Don’t be late meme bag

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

aren't there Christian forums where you can talk about Christian stuff
like I don't understand why you're even on an astrology forum talking about Christian stuff
especially because Christians don't really like astrology
and
is your prerogative
however

NEWSFLASH
if it's objected to

FURTHERMORE
Q.E.D.
and so on
ad infinitum
Hallelujah Brethren

You wanna fight JA?
McDonald’s parking lot 6 pm
Don’t be late meme bag
obviously has nothing of any consequence to counter with :smile:

therefore
resorts to verbal aka written threats
of violence and implied intimidation

Siriusly pathetic

petosiris

Banned
Ahaha
Wow you’re worse than an atheist?? Jeez
How does it feel to be a sinner

I am a sinner who begs for forgiveness and mercy from God everyday, but not on this point, because the Bible is very clear that the one and only true God is the Father - John 17:3. And we ought to obey God rather than men when their commands or teachings transgress those of the King of the universe - Acts 5:29.

Ukpoohbear

Starting from now and lasting for the next 5 years approx, my *** is getting kicked by Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Charon. Especially Neptune and Pluto, the other time transits might not be so bad. But Neptune and Pluto have lessons for me. May god have mercy on my soul.

david starling

obviously has nothing of any consequence to counter with :smile:

therefore
resorts to verbal aka written threats
of violence and implied intimidation

Siriusly pathetic

Yes! You're finally getting at Trump's true nature, and how he does business. From "lock her up!" to having "rebellious" Republican Senators' "heads on a pike". :rightful: