venus

DiDi

hi
asking about a relationship question
does venus allways signify a love even if its not a 5th or 7th ruler?

the aspects are 7th ruler saturn libra square venus their 6th and 11th ruler cap in their 1st house.
thanks

Last edited:

dhundhun

hi
asking about a relationship question
does venus allways signify a love even if its not a 5th or 7th ruler?

the aspects are 7th ruler saturn libra square venus their 6th and 11th ruler cap in their 1st house.
thanks

Venus is always a factor.

Saturn square Venus is not good for material life and can be indicative of:
~ Tendency to be alone and feel unloved
~ Love being weighed in terms of gaining wealth or gaining respect
~ Difficulty in achieving happiness

Good luck

dr. farr

If Venus is querent or quesited signficator it does not necessarily connect with Love; having said that, if Venus is not a primary significator then it is always a poitential "universal" significator of Love (this is the outlook of the Ankara tradition which I mostly follow in horary; others, of course, may differ in answering this question)

DiDi

thankyou dhundhun
in a horay chart.............
Venus is always a factor
really?
when its not a significator at all.?

thankyou dr.farr
if Venus is not a primary significator then it is always a poitential "universal" significator of Love
no it wasnt a significator... but if its in someones 1st house it would mean that its become one doesnt it? as it gives further clues to whats going on!
if that venus in that persons 1st house was the ruler of the 6th and 11th house do you think venus relates to those houses? in this case

dr. farr

Yes (in the horary tradition I follow) it would be a secondary significator; more than that it would show Venus qualities/influences to be an important part of the querent's state relative to the question.
The houses ruled by Venus (or any planet) posited in the querent's house (1st house) MIGHT have some relation to the question under delineation, but as you know horary differs from natal in many respects, so the rulership of Venus in the first over the 6 and 11th houses would not really mean that much in horary unless the quesited (or co-quesited) in fact involved the 6th or the 11th house.

BobZemco

All of the Planets have general significations representing people or things. The condition and placement of the Planet by Sign/House will tell you what.

Venus in good condition signifies love, beauty, harmony and artistic endeavors. Venus in bad condition is lust, wantonness, promiscuity and excess.

Modern astrologers will tell you Neptune indicates substance abuse, especially Sun square Neptune, but I have 163 charts of alcoholics and only 5 have Sun square Neptune and out of those 5 charts, you might be able to coerce two of them into suggesting substance abuse because the Sun happens to be in the 1st House. The real culprit is a badly placed or badly aspected Venus that indicates substance abuse.

Jupiter is always the general significator of wealth, and also religion, clergy, professional educators etc. In bad condition he can signify piously hypocritical people, over-indulgence, over-expansion and such.

When you have a Collection of Light, the Collector will tell you who or what makes it happen, depending on is location East or West of the Sun (Oriental/Occidental) and its position in the chart. So it could be your mother, a friend, a co-worker, or a thing like a marriage, death, your jobs, a concert, a banquet or something.

You can use Lily's definitions for the signification of Planets, since he copies Bonatti who copies al-Qabasi who copies Rhetorius.

DiDi

thanks bob

ive read the Ptolemy's table of Essential Dignities but still trying to understand it
by looking at capricor i see venus is in terms of it... is that true... I would have thought venus in cap would be bad?

BobZemco

Venus is in Rulership in Taurus, an Earth Sign, but is in Fall in Virgo, also an Earth Sign.

Venus in Capricorn is, well nothing really. It keeps Venus from being Peregrine since Venus is a Triplicity Ruler of Earth. I don't use Ptolemy's Pterms, but Venus in her own Term in Capricorn would give her some strength. Her Dispositor Saturn is Libra (but Retrograde for the next 100+ days).