Looking for Vocational Astrology Book Recommendations

Arian Maverick

Hello everyone :)

I was thinking about posting a thread on the vocational astrology thread because I am absolutely directionless when it comes to a career, but before I bother members, I wanted to be more informed about different astrological techniques that may help indicate a vocation one is well-suited for. I am aware of Noel Tyl's Midheaven Extension Method, although I have never read the book. Would this be the first book I should explore? My only difficulty is that I'm still not 100% about my birth time, and my Midheaven as well as my Ascendant would change signs if I was born just three minutes earlier than my recorded time of birth. Would this make any vocational astrology books I may read useless on my chart? Perhaps should I look into birth chart rectification books first? :rolleyes:

Arian Maverick

EJ53

Banned
Hi AM,

Noel Tyl's Midheaven Extension Process can be read, understood and learned in about two days. His book on "Vocations" costs $17.95 and is well worth reading but poor value for money in terms of content. So borrow rather than buy it if you can.

However, as an astrological technique for determing the most suitable career/vocation, I've not seen anything better than this process.

And, you could probably complete the process for both your possible MCs in less than an hour - so, it might help with the rectification of your chart (as one outcome is likely to feel "right" and the other "wrong").

EJ:)

Last edited:
A birth time difference of 3 minutes of time makes a difference on the MC or Asc of less than a degree.

Calculation software specifically designed for the Tyl method:

http://www.astrowin.org/vocation.php

Buy the book - it is worth it, if you are serious. His method is the best. He has a website and forum - www.noeltyl.com

Forget rectification - it is guesswork at best. 3 minutes difference in time is not worth the rectification effort.