Will I get a tax refund?

Scorpio80

Banned

Venus ruler of money is exhalted and entering the 8th, others peoples money.
I am Moon (exhalted) and Mecury applying trine.
Is this a yes?
Thanks.

RayAustin

Scorpio, :p
I think you can try a little harder than that in your interpretation. Since you are talking about the government's money, I'd look at the eleventh, and see if there are any aspects to your significator.

Ray:)

Scorpio80

Banned
11th for government money???
I never heard of such thing!!!
well ruler of the 11th is the moon, exhalted and applying trine to me:) , Mercury.
I notice POF is at an angle, looks good and it is depositer of my significator.
I am thinking yes.
can you explain why the 11th?
Thanks.

RayAustin

Scorpio80 said:
well ruler of the 11th is the moon, exhalted and applying trine to me:) , Mercury.
I am thinking yes.
Thanks.

Because the government is the tenth house. The second from the tenth is their money. Tada! :) You also have the POF conjunct (or atleast, near) the ruling cusp of the government.

Ray:)

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Taxes are given to the 8th house. So Mars would be the ruler of the 8th. The Moon does indeed trine Mercury but not before it hits Saturn Rx in the first.... The good thing I suppose is that Saturn and Mercury are in Mutual Reception.

That was pointing out the obvious, but not comfortable reading the rest for details... The Moon will Trine Mars eventually. I am thinking yes, but some delays...

TK

RayAustin

wintersprite1 said:
Taxes are given to the 8th house. So Mars would be the ruler of the 8th. The Moon does indeed trine Mercury but not before it hits Saturn Rx in the first.... The good thing I suppose is that Saturn and Mercury are in Mutual Reception.

That was pointing out the obvious, but not comfortable reading the rest for details... The Moon will Trine Mars eventually. I am thinking yes, but some delays...

TK

Yea... Taxes... but this is a refund, not a tax. Getting money from the government.

Ray

tikana

Scorpio80 said:
I am thinking yes.
Thanks.
YES 11th house is govt money
cause govt is 10th house

if you are in state of california YOU ARE NOT getting any money soon cause we are broke! there is a refund freeze for at least 30 days .. if we do not get the money, we get IOU! roflmao

*grin*
T

wintersprite1

Premium Member
:confused: Splitting hairs.

A refund is not money from the government. It is a return of money you over payed. An earned income credit would be monies from pooled taxpayers instead of the government. The IRS does act as the agent.

TK

Edit:sloppy grammar

RayAustin

Well, I think it's more the 11th, since it's free money, basically. It still is the government's money, however you want to dress it up. Following your logic we would be looking at the government's eighth house, not the querent's eighth house.

The government's eighth house is Saturn, where the querent sits. The government's obligated money sits in the ascendant--that's an excellent place for mutual reception, really. The moon trines Saturn -- so.. that's still a yes. Even though its a retrograde Saturn which indicates delay, it's still looks like a for sure to me.

Ray

tikana

Wintersprite

but IRS is not your equal

you did not strike a deal with them on how much you should be paying?

see the problem with 8th house?

Frawley answers 11th house questions
Eleventh house questions: Will I get my wish?, How much is my tax bill?

T

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Wintersprite, I'm with you on this one.
H7 is *almost always* the *other* in a question like this and house 8 does rule other's resources and reading from point of view of ascendant, *shared resources* belongs to H8.
And yes, I think you will get your refund in about 7 *somethings* when your ruler, mercury, conjuncts the ruler of the eighth house, Mars. Mars is going to sextile venus again. Venus rules your second house of money.Both mercury and mars are both under Saturn's rulership and Saturn is the *natural* ruler of *the Government*.The moon also applies a trine to Saturn, located in your first house.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

Last edited:

RayAustin

lillyjgc said:
Wintersprite, I'm with you on this one.
H7 is *almost always* the *other* in a question like this and house 8 does rule other's resources and reading from point of view of ascendant, *shared resources* belongs to H8.
And yes, I think you will get your refund in about 7 *somethings* when your ruler, mercury, conjuncts the ruler of the eighth house, Mars. Mars is going to sextile venus again. Venus rules your second house of money.Both mercury and mars are both under Saturn's rulership and Saturn is the *natural* ruler of *the Government*.The moon also applies a trine to Saturn, located in your first house.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

Lilly, I think the seventh to represent the government is too small. Just like, even though your boss is another person, you still use the tenth to represent them. And the government is certainly the biggest boss of all. :p

Ray

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Logically then...

The 8th house is the house of taxes... that has been established. Whether a return or a payment due... taxes are the 8th house. If we asked the question, am I going to buy the new home or the question will the home be foreclosed on, either way we use the same house for the quested. We don't change it whether it is a gain or loss question. Does he love me, Does he hate me? Different questions same house.

Tax refunds are not free money. They are an overpayment of an obligation being returned.

TK

RayAustin

wintersprite1 said:
Tax refunds are not free money. They are an overpayment of an obligation being returned.

TK

It pretty much is though. :p There are people that get thousands and thousands, just because they have children to take care of. I fail to believe these people overpayed such thousands and thousands over the course of the year.

I think the most simplest way, is to look at the government's money (11th), and see if we're gonna' get some; and then we could look at the politics of it.

Ray:p