Who will win the US Presidential Elections in 2008?

BobZemco

skywatcher1221 said:
Do you still have the chart or the data for it? I'm a history buff and like to collect these things. What makes this especially freaky is that, according to Astrodienst, Pluto was in Capricorn that year and Saturn was opposite Uranus.

I didn't do the chart, someone else did and had it posted on a website years ago. The site hasn't existed for a while. I didn't have any software programs at the time or I would have copied the date and time to make a chart.

As I recall, I think you're right and Uranus was on the Descendant opposing the Ascendant. At the time, I was taking a course in the history of the MAFIA and its origins, which date back to near the end of the Roman Empire and the use of private armies to defend property. Because of that, Italy never experienced the slavery of serfdom and fuedalism the way that other European kingdoms did.

I'll have to see if I can recreate it.

Neptune Rising

Is it too late to post a chart, I thought of this question just now..? Wasnt sure whether to PM it or not, so here it is.

Will Obama win?
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/willobamawin.gif

I am for Obama. I cant even imagine what will happen tomorrow with the current energies.

All the angles in that chart have fixed signs on them, but Moon trines Saturn while Saturn opposes Uranus.
Neptune on cusp of the 7th.
I'm curious to hear what others think.
Shall I post this on a new thread?

NR

RayAustin

Neptune Rising said:
Is it too late to post a chart, I thought of this question just now..? Wasnt sure whether to PM it or not, so here it is.

Will Obama win?
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/willobamawin.gif

I am for Obama. I cant even imagine what will happen tomorrow with the current energies.

All the angles in that chart have fixed signs on them, but Moon trines Saturn while Saturn opposes Uranus.
Neptune on cusp of the 7th.
I'm curious to hear what others think.
Shall I post this on a new thread?

Quite easily we see that he will. Looking at the moon's aspects alone:

1. Moon Sextiles Mars: Mars is very strong in the tenth house, which is his house of success, it also rules his third house ~ rumors, could be representative of the polls, they are accurate and favor obama.

1. Moon trine saturn (Obama Significator): the moon is in the sign of saturn, moon leaving conjunction in one degree (one day--or week, as its succeedent) from jupiter, ruler of his ambitions suggesting a completion. The only concerning thing is saturn rules his twelfth, as well, private enemies. That could be as simple as the fact when he wins, he will make many enemies.

However, Neptune on the cusp of the seventh is concerning as well -- neptune is sextiling venus ruler of his fourth, and today this morning his grandmother just died and I know that is an emotional for experience to him, he made a speech today and was crying. I'm sure there's other explanations for that neptune though. ;)

Last edited:

BobZemco

I don't see that at all.

"The Sun is the natural ruler of kings" in mundane horary.

We find the Sun in Scorpio in the 3rd House.

The Sun's only aspect is an applying sextile to Jupiter who rules the 5th and 8th Houses.

The kingship/presidency is the 10th House ruled by Venus in Sagittarius in the 4th and making a separating aspect to Saturn.

To see a win by Obama, there should be an aspect between the Sun (the president) and Venus (the White House) and there isn't any.

Also note the Sun is Via Combusta.

Mercury ruling the 11th House of Wishes/Dreams/Circumstances beyond our control is Via Combusta.

When the querent and quesited have the same ruler, the quesited gets the ruler and the querent gets the Moon. The Moon is intercepted in the 5th House of Speculation and the Moon rules no house (because Cancer is intercepted in the 11th).

Based on that chart I don't see a win for Obama.

RayAustin

Well you aren't looking at the chart right. First of all, you are interpreting the chart as if the querent was Obama, it is not, therefore the chart is going to be turned.

Sun sextiles jupiter -- obama's 11th of ambitions, oppurtunity of fulfillment. Sun is applying in conjunction to Obama's tenth house ruler! The answer could not be more clear!

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks for replies :)
I wasnt sure whether to take 1st house for Obama, or 7th. I wish it was the 7th!
Isnt Obama a Leo? Sun in Scorpio. And McCain a Virgo, Saturn in Virgo. :(
NR

RayAustin

Neptune Rising said:
Thanks for replies :)
I wasnt sure whether to take 1st house for Obama, or 7th. I wish it was the 7th!
Isnt Obama a Leo? Sun in Scorpio. And McCain a Virgo, Saturn in Virgo. :(
NR

Well Saturn could represent him well at this time, as he is extremely calm and reserved if you've seen Obama lately.

Courtney Love

isn't this basically asking "will Obama get the job" making it a 6th house question? renumbering the houses with the 7th as the first, whether you use Saturn or Uranus to represent him, it's a yes.

The moon trines/sextiles Sa & Ur further confirming a yes...

RayAustin

Courtney Love said:
isn't this basically asking "will Obama get the job" making it a 6th house question? renumbering the houses with the 7th as the first, whether you use Saturn or Uranus to represent him, it's a yes.

The moon trines/sextiles Sa & Ur further confirming a yes...

Well sixth house jobs aren't fitting for a presidential job, which is of honor and very public, it is more fitting as the tenth. Sixth house jobs are more mundane.

Neptune Rising

Using Saturn as Obama, and his 10th being Mars, the Moon trines Saturn/sextiles Uranus, then sextiles Mars. I hope so. Perhaps this is right, as Mars is very strong - the job of president is strong, Mars in Scorpio seems pretty intense.. Mars will move into term of Saturn, Saturn stays on Saturn's terms. We'll soon see.
NR

Neptune Rising

Great, with a bit of luck times may change in a positive direction now. Plus I know how to do a mundane chart when querying another. :) I do wonder what the fixed signs on all the angles meant though.. can anyone give a clue?
NR

Theo

Banned
BobZemco said:
I don't see that at all.

The Sun's only aspect is an applying sextile to Jupiter who rules the 5th and 8th Houses.

The kingship/presidency is the 10th House ruled by Venus in Sagittarius in the 4th and making a separating aspect to Saturn.

To see a win by Obama, there should be an aspect between the Sun (the president) and Venus (the White House) and there isn't any.

Mercury ruling the 11th House of Wishes/Dreams/Circumstances beyond our control is Via Combusta.

When the querent and quesited have the same ruler, the quesited gets the ruler and the querent gets the Moon. The Moon is intercepted in the 5th House of Speculation and the Moon rules no house (because Cancer is intercepted in the 11th).

Again, according to my calculations, the world transits, and the transits of the candidates clearly show that Barack Obama will be the next American President. Moreover, the "astrological climate" does have a bearing Bob. It always does. Transits are merely a way of saying Time ~ without the revolution of the Sun, and planets there would be no time. Right now, the "transits" are in motion, like the weather, and time itself ~ so it ALWAYS has bearing. It has been this way since the Creation of the world.

Looking at transits, it's very easy to assess the overall General Election picture if one studies global transits leading up to, and on election day. From my analysis of both candidates' charts, it is clear that Barack Obama will be elected the nation's next American president. According to my reading of transits, it will be a landslide win, and over earlier than expected.

The real story is not just the election ~ but also the world economy. After the election, many challenges are ahead for the global community, and many changes that should have taken place in last eight years since the last Jupiter/Saturn conjunction in spring 2000.

We are entering a historic time that eclipses just American's electing an African-American president, which many see as long overdue, and well-deserved, considering the slavery, blood, sweat and tears Africans have given to the North American continent, and the United States before and after its inception as a republic.

The focus only on "race" by some is simply a "cover" for their own racial projection onto Obama, simply due to the color of his skin. Those who make these distinctions and fail to acknowledge them in their comments are false people, whose "insights" are not only highly dubious, but should not be believed.

There are those who do have real concerns about the intentions of both candidates, and this I find valid, as it eclipses the mere points of culture, race, and gender, which is meaningless when it comes to what is in the heart of the candidates and their running mates. No one can see this, although their personal transits give us deeper insight into their celestial motivations, in the end, it is the free will of the individuals that will matter, and in this light, all of us are judged accordingly.

What is in the deepest hearts of Barack Obama, Joe Biden, John McCain and Sarah Palin is only known to them alone and to God. We can only have faith that they all will be true to their destinies and use their free will by the power of the offices granted to them to exercise excellent judgments, and to have great compassion, care, love, and intelligence as the exercise their respective officers of power in a Democracy.

THE CANDIDATES' MAIN TRANSITS
Obama's birth certificate is accurate. Let's get past that misnomer, and just deal with transits. There's been too much rumor-spreading by the ignorant on this (and other areas of color, culture, religion, etc.) based on racism, and favoritism that frankly poison's any objective perspective, even among some astrologers and novices. So, I will not highlight that in this post, since we all know the ulterior motives of the ignorant, which is, frankly, to sound and be stupid.

I've already noted the transits before and during the election and the aspects of Barack Obama and John McCain's own charts, which clearly favors Obama in the November 4th General Election.

*BARACK OBAMA*
Obama is having a Jupiter Return, which arrives every 11-12 years. This, his fourth Jupiter Return arrives as he is in his 47th year. Transiting Jupiter "rises up" and expands during its natal return for the individual. Jupiter's influence is strong since it's stationary direct motion in early September 2008, and has "expanded" Obama's campaign with record voter registration numbers swelling into many millions of new voters fro a new generation seeking change (Jupiter, Uranus) from the old (Saturn/Pluto) and this is what is happening to Obama's campaign as transiting Jupiter in Capricorn is already within orb of Obama's natal Jupiter/Saturn conjunction.

Transiting Saturn in Virgo is also within orb of Obama's natal Saturn in Capricorn, and his natal/progressed Jupiter. His natal Saturn is in a strong earth trine to his natal Mars in Virgo, and this is a very stabilizing influence during this election season. Saturn's conjunction to Obama's natal Mars brings about the ability to "stay the course" while keeping one's feet on the ground with practical solutions designed to not allow his Neptune position to overcome him. Obama has lofty and visionary ideals for American society which reflect the theme of "change" that is also reflected in the world transits. The rejection of this by those opposing Obama, and his ideals are seen in the "projection" and "demonizing" Obama because he does not look like a Caucasian man, although his mother was Caucasian and his father African, those people who only see a person through the lens of "color" have pitted themselves as part and parcel of the old order, which defined a person solely on race without seeing that people are much deeper than what is shown on the surface. This general election is forcing racists, and those who deny being racists, to come to terms with their own race ~ especially Caucasians, who attempt to escape being seen as "white" thus, ensuring that whenever they see someone who is not, they "project" onto people of color that which they see as uncommon, since being racist assumes that one's own "color" is superior, because it is common to them, and those who share the same color.

Those Caucasians that have transcended this are the ones seeking "change" and they will get it in this election. This reflects the new order to come, those who seek to get beyond the 20th century's hate of the "other" as the wars of that century were based on demonizing those who "looked" different, but who only are a part of the human family, not matter the tones of their skins or the languages they spoke. These are the new generations rising: Generation X as the leadership, and Generation Y as the next generation in line to rise to leadership in the mid-to late 2020s.

Obama's secondary progressions tell the real story. A look at his progressions for 2008, 2009, 2010, etc., show that this man is indeed the new American president. Secondary progressions are very telling, and they show that Barack Obama will become the nation's first African-American president, resulting in a historic change for the United States, and the world in the years to come. His Jupiter/Saturn synod rising in his natal chart indicates that the influence of Obama on American politics will be long-lasting, well into the 2010s, and 2020s.

Obama's natal Moon in Gemini is now receiving strong air trines from his natal/progressed Jupiter, and on election day, the transiting Moon will be entering Aquarius, not only trining Obama's Lunar position, but the transiting Moon will have conjoined his natal Jupiter/Saturn synod.

All these factors, plus a few more I've left out in this post clearly show that Obama will win the White House and become the next President of the United States of America.

*JOHN McCAIN*
McCain has a strong chart, which has shown great challenges over his lifetime that he has struggled to overcome, especially emotionally. This is result of McCain's Moon/Pluto opposition, and his mutable grand cross. McCain's main problem is this grand cross, and the many unfavorable aspects in his own transits that do not jive with global transits of October, and November 2008. We have already seen this reflected in McCain's poor campaign performances since mid-September.

Moreover, the transits of his party show a fractured party split into what appears to be at least four groups: the Far Right, strict conservative Republicans, moderate conservatives, liberal Republicans, and the religious right. McCain has lost Independents, and relies mainly on the "undecided vote" and those who will not vote for anyone except a Caucasian man.

The drop in the polls is a result of the world transits and their influences on the economic crisis that peaked in mid-September. This was a result of several transits of note: Saturn/Uranus, Mercury's station retrograde in Libra; Jupiter's direct station in September and Pluto's direct motion station also in September.

Pluto's motion had its effect on McCain's natal Mercury at 2-Libra, and his North Lunar Node at 1-Capricorn. The transit of Pluto in the last degrees of Sagittarius lies between McCain's cardinal quality Mercury/North Node square w/ Pluto heightening the tensions.

The retrograde of transiting Mercury in late September into October has cause havoc in McCain's campaign, which lead to the massive economic Wall Street "bailout" fiasco which backfired on McCain, resulting in a deep drop in his poll numbers.

He has yet to recover, and will not because of Mercury's coming transit in the latter degrees of tropical Libra (decisions, balance.) When transiting Mercury does pick up speed in the last week of October, and the first four (4) days of November, Mercury will strongly square McCain's natal Moon and his natal Pluto in Cancer.

*ELECTION DAY*
The month of November is very active ~

Nov. 2 - Neptune stations direct at 21-Aquarius
Nov. 4 - Saturn in Virgo opposes Uranus in Pisces, exact conjunction
Nov. 9 - Moon heads north in declination
Nov. 13 - Jupiter in Capricorn sextiles Uranus in Pisces, exact
Nov. 21 - Moon heads south in declination
Nov. 21 - Jupiter in Capricorn trines Saturn in Virgo, exact
Nov. 27 - Uranus stations direct at 21-Pisces
Nov. 27 - Pluto enters Capricorn
Nov. 28 - Jupiter semi-sextile Neptune, exact

The Dragon's Head at 15/14/13-degrees Aquarius in conjunction with Chiron in Aquarius with Neptune nearby is Television media, and their pundits. Aquarius is the sign of television and radio (communications) and there is intense focus (Chiron) on this particular election.

Chiron's station to direct motion close to the North Lunar Node in Aquarius reflects a "hyper-activeness" "nervousness" and "excitement" from the anchors/reporters, commentators and pundits, who, despite their so-called "objectivity" will be seen getting very "excited" on air ~ look for this in their mannerisms, the way they express themselves, and the arguments they attempt to foster among their political guests in the remaining week before the general election.

The closer to the day of the election, the more "excited" the media will become at the prospect of an African-American becoming the new American president.

Prior to Election Day on November 4th, there is the New Moon of October 28, at 5-Scorpio. Transiting Mercury, which stationed direct on October 15, will have picked up speed and will reach the degree of its Sept. 24 retrograde at 22-Libra on October 31. The expectations of the country increases with the new moon as Mercury passes it stationed point at 22-Libra ~ as decision time arrives just days before the election.

The month of November is generally the last month of a very difficult two years for most people. The first half of the month is tense, as people feel the influences of the first exact Saturn-Uranus opposition on Nov. 4 on the feeling/expression Pisces-Virgo axis.

The first week of November 2008 is very positive for the Moon's last aspects from Nov. 2-7, however, the aspects from the transiting Moon are to Mars and Pluto, which features some news of bad actions by bad people intent on starting mischief and trouble they will only pay for greatly later. The entry of Pluto into tropical Capricorn at the end of November is a great relief as Pluto leaves Sagittarius for good, and begins its long transit in Capricorn until November 2024.

December 2008 is radically different from the prior months... relief, ease, as people in this post-election environment are weary, but happy to have the election over.

Election Day, November 4th is a cold and chilly day for much of the country after several prior days of brilliant sunny, but windy weather from October 31 to November 2nd, which features the direct station of transiting Neptune at 21-Aquarius, featuring cold, foggy mornings, and cooler temperatures throughout parts of the country. Despite the cold weather, voters turn out in huge numbers on November 4th. The election is a landslide victory for Obama & Biden, and many Democrats. There are surprising upsets that really shake the political parties, and reflect the country's outrage at the economic crisis, and lack of regulation and accountability. This election will also be about a mandate for "change" and the American people are very angry at the party in power.

After Election Day, a celebration of sorts sweeps through the country, and a relief that the election is over continues, however, the month continues to feature news around the country of troublemakers angry that their "side" lost will hit the airwaves.

Because of the Taurus Full Moon Week of Nov. 12-19, those who have been "hyped-up" because of Obama's race will "act out" on people of color, who will resent this and will defend themselves. The Moon's aspects to These news events will reflect the continuing racism of the old century, which is now being highlighted around the world, at their detriment, and will show just how ugly and ignorant some people can be. Many of these mischief-makers will make some very bad decisions with ramifications for the rest of their lives they will end up regretting dearly, for it wasn't worth it.

The Last Quarter Moon of Nov. 19-27 sees things calm down considerably as the waning Moon in Leo sees Americans taking time off for the Thanksgiving Holidays, which features a New Moon at 5-Sagittarius on November 27, Thanksgiving Day. People reflect, are spiritual and look forward to the new American administration ahead.

December 2008 has more of a "relaxed" feel to it with the American government fully in transition, as the old is replaced by the new. The stresses of the last two years end with Pluto's entry into tropical Capricorn on Thanksgiving Day, November 27. The last aspects of the Moon to and from Pluto ceases with Pluto leaving tropical Sagittarius. This provides a great load lifted off the shoulders of people worldwide, and people begin to pick up the pieces of their lives ahead of more changes to come in late March 2009 as Venus changes from evening to morning star.

The changes from November's election, and of the years ahead fill people's imaginations with excitement as the Sun, Mercury and Mars transit Sagittarius in November & December, and as the Moon begins a new series of transits through the mutable signs of the zodiac indicating a speedy transition of government between the old administration and the incoming new administration.

December 2008 ends with Saturn stationing retrograde at 21-Virgo on December 31, and with Jupiter making its last transit of tropical Capricorn before making ingress into tropical Aquarius on January 5, 2009. Two weeks before the new president is inaugurated, the people of the world can feel "change" literally in the "air" ~ as this reflects the influence and entry of Jupiter into the 11th House Air Sign of Aquarius. For this time, it does feel like change, as we all begin to sense that indeed, a new has begun, as we are soon to see the dawn of the coming decade of the 2010s.

rubyelixir

BobZemco said:
I don't see that at all.

uh......oops?

emilyelizabeth

VenusInAries said:
McCainJohn.jpg

Obama.jpg

AGAIN, Good People,

The time is wrong here for Barack Obama's natal info. I have been given August 4, 1961, 1:06 pm AHST, Honolulu, HI (by a student of Robert Hand). That puts his Sun in the 10th house - the placement of a great orator, for a start. Please refigure your horary and mundane questions according to the correct birth info. if you want to see more accurately.

Peace~

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Interesting to re read this thread after so long:
The following members correctly asserted that Obama would win the election. Congratulations to all of you!
Venus in Aries, Rohitshanker, Lost Vegas, Starlink, Hades, Neptune Rising, Ray Austen and Theo.
Well done.
Lilly

IWDWSWLM

This question is for Venus in Aries, Rohitshanker, Lost Vegas, Starlink, Hades, Neptune Rising, Ray Austen and Theo.

Since you are the only ones who predicted the 2008 Election correctly, do you see President Obama getting the White House again in 2012?