Richey Edwards Rising Sign

I'm still a novice in astrology but I thought I'd hazard a guess and see if anyone else is interested in doing so as well. Richey was the guitarist and lyricist for the Manic Street Preachers who vanished in 1994. I remember a forensic astrologer once claiming he appeared, based on his chart, to have been murdered, interesting read but I know nothing of forensic astrology.

Anyway my guess for his rising sign is Virgo. He was a self professed Capricorn, and he did seem to have an understanding of astrology, the sun did not move into Capricorn until after 2pm, which ruled out Scorpio (my first guess) rising as it would put his sun in Sagittarius. Also, I do not see as many self harm indicators with that chart. Virgo rising (conjunction Pluto would give that scorpionic gaze) makes the most sense to me as it creates a number of connections to Pluto and I've read Pluto/Virgo/Personal planet aspect lend to self harm (he was very vocal about his self harming). Virgo rising also gives him 12th house placements which would make sense for his disappearance. But I could be completely wrong so I'm open to other interpretations.

December 22, 1967 birth time unknown

His Chart is listed on Astrotheme as Sag

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8429.jpg
    IMG_8429.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8435.jpg
    IMG_8435.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Keira

I'm still a novice in astrology but I thought I'd hazard a guess and see if anyone else is interested in doing so as well. Richey was the guitarist and lyricist for the Manic Street Preachers who vanished in 1994. I remember a forensic astrologer once claiming he appeared, based on his chart, to have been murdered, interesting read but I know nothing of forensic astrology.

Anyway my guess for his rising sign is Virgo. He was a self professed Capricorn, and he did seem to have an understanding of astrology, the sun did not move into Capricorn until after 2pm, which ruled out Scorpio (my first guess) rising as it would put his sun in Sagittarius. Also, I do not see as many self harm indicators with that chart. Virgo rising (conjunction Pluto would give that scorpionic gaze) makes the most sense to me as it creates a number of connections to Pluto and I've read Pluto/Virgo/Personal planet aspect lend to self harm (he was very vocal about his self harming). Virgo rising also gives him 12th house placements which would make sense for his disappearance. But I could be completely wrong so I'm open to other interpretations.

December 22, 1967 birth time unknown

His Chart is listed on Astrotheme as Sag

Hi 8thhousestellium!😊

I see Richey's birth chart and I think that you' re thinking good!
I think that too, that he had a Virgo rising with Pluto in the 1th house.

dabble

Arguing in favour of a Scorpio asc for him, especially one conjuncting with his placement of the asteroid Sado (named after an island in Japan where people used to get sent to exile - a theme Richey was quite obsessed with in his youth by some accounts)
I plugged in a birth time of 5:30am in the morning on 22 Dec 1967 at Pontypool, Wales and got an asc of 25 degrees Scorpio conjuncting his Sado...
Also, as an independent, adventurous type of personality who values study and learning, I think a Sagittarius sun would be quite a plausible fit for him.

Last edited:

dabble

tmpd.png
A Scorpio asc could also conjunct either his Venus or Neptune (as well as Sado) if in the right spot... For instance,19 or 20 degrees Scorpio for his Venus or 24-25 degrees Scorpio for his Neptune... This would give him a Virgo MC which potentially conjuncts his Pluto too (if you're willing to be generous with the orb and call anything within 0-8 degrees of each other "in conjunction" 🤔)

Last edited: