Major Problem With Pluto Transit

Mosnar199420

I developed a serious infatuation and non threatening obsession with a girl (childhood friend) around March of 2007(I was either 12 or 13) I checked my Transits for that time and Pluto had just entered my 8th House.

Aspects:
Transit Pluto Square Natal Sun in Aries (11th House)
Transit Pluto Square Natal Moon in Virgo (5th House)
Transit Pluto Trine Natal Venus in Aries (12th House)

My Current Pluto Transits:
Transit Pluto Square Natal Sun in Aries (11th House) 7 degree orb though.

Transit Pluto Sextile Natal Mercury in Pisces (10th House)
Transit Pluto Square Natal Venus in Aries (12th House) 9 degree orb.
Transit Pluto Sextile Natal Mars in Pisces (11th House)
Transit Pluto Sextile Natal Jupiter in Scorpio (6th House)

As for Pluto Progressions, in 2007, Pluto was in the same position as it was at my birth. It was:
Pluto (retro) in 6th House
And as of right now, Pluto still has not moved in my Progressed chart.

I'm still not over her but I'm not obsessed with her anymore, after many trips of checking myself into the mental hospital and years of Depression, and deep soul searching. She made me who I am now and I like who that is even though I'm not quite fond of her in general. I know that she did like me but she wouldn't tell me whether she did or not because I admit with regret that I was a bully in my early teens, even to her and I deeply regret it. But I don't care now about how she may have or may not have felt about me, I know for a fact she had a crush on me at one point though, I'm in love with someone else now, finally although I still care slightly for her. I don't have this girls time of birth but I noticed her Venus was in my 12th House, I don't need to look further in the matter after seeing that.
Transit Pluto is still in my 8th House and my theory is that I'll finally be done with my 8th house Pluto changes when Pluto leaves my 8th House and the evil little planet is about to leave my 8th House but he just had to go retrograde and plus he's infuriatingly slow. Pluto is in 13 degrees Capricorn right now and my 8th House ends at 18 degrees Capricorn and it looks he'll be in my 8th House until 2017, I'll be 23 in 2017 but everything has gotten easier and I don't think about her as much anymore, Like I said, I'm in love with someone else and my friends visit often. I have two questions.
1. When Pluto leaves a house, does he go out with a bang? Does he give the matters he created closure or does he leave peacefully.
2. What happens when he enters the 9th House?

I just pulled up a chart for her without birth time and our Pluto aspects are:
Her Sun Trine my Pluto and my Sun Trine her Pluto
Her Pluto Square my Mercury and my Pluto Square her Mercury
My Pluto Trine her Mars with a 9 degree orb
My Pluto Square her Juno

We actually have more positive aspects than negative but I don't know her house system so I don't know where my planets fall in hers.

We both have Mercury, Saturn, and Mars in Pisces, We both have Mars conjunct Saturn, We both have Venus Square Neptune and Uranus.

And what's interesting is:
Her Eros (Gemini) is exactly conjunct my Ascendant
Her Venus (Taurus) is exactly conjunct my Eros (Taurus)
Her Venus Conjunct my South Node
Her Psyche (Gemini) is in my First House
Her Vertex (Scorpio) is conjunct my POF and North Node

hypatia

1. When Pluto leaves a house, does he go out with a bang? Does he give the matters he created closure or does he leave peacefully.
2. What happens when he enters the 9th House?

I cannot answer anything else - but thought I'd comment about Pluto leaving a house...
I have never found Pluto to be the big band playing and loud noticeable planet when moving through a house.
I've had Pluto enter and leave 3 houses so far - and there was nothing noticeable any of the times when it entered / left.
I could say that over the many years it was in a house it was noticeable how those issues were being influenced, but I never felt like there was a big bang, nor that the timing of Pluto entering / leaving a planet was when an issue started/stopped. If anything I've found that the next house's influences started before Pluto even moved into the next house.

I cannot comment about the 9th House & Pluto - as I'd have to live quite a long time to experience that.

waybread

What happens when Pluto leaves a house or an aspect? It really depends upon how well you have mastered the energies of that planet. Transiting Pluto squaring sun and Mars were about the most difficult extended periods of my life. More recently I felt a transiting Pluto semi-square sun. But then, Pluto isn't my favourite planet in the solar system. Clearly I need to do a better job of incorporating Pluto's positive side into by life. Otherwise it will continue to show up as people or events who seemingly emobody Pluto's negative characteristics.

At its best, Pluto shows our potential for self-transformation, and gaining valuable life experience from catastrophically difficult times in our lives. At its worst, the center doesn't hold, and we curl up into fetal position, asking someone to "wake me up when its over."

Transiting Pluto in one sign or house or aspect will move off it, but guess what? It will hit something else sooner or later. If we haven't gained wisdom from its previous bout, it will just slam us on its next visit.

I would give transiting Pluto a 3-degree orb.

In the 9th house, look for changes in your ability to expand your mental horizons. This might be a good time to travel overseas, take a university course, develop a life philosophy or theology, or read great works of literature. Transiting Pluto works best if you deliberately incorporate into your life profound house-cleaning and change in the area of life its house represents. Then you are less likely to get blind-sided by it.

Mosnar199420

Thank you for responding. And perhaps I won't notice anything when it's in the 9th House but my teenage years had major themes of Pluto and the 8th House and I noticed it, the themes shaped me into who I am now and that's not a very nice person. And I had noticed that Pluto had entered my 8th house when I was 13 and that's when everything began and the situations all had the traits of Pluto, I'm just glad that I'll probably be dead before Pluto enters my 12th House, The 12th also played a part in my difficulties during my teenage years but I have Venus in Aries placed in the 12th House natally. They say that the 12th House is also the house of self undoing and loving someone was my self undoing, I was in mental institutions several times because of it, got so depressed that I was like a zombie, dropped out of school because I was too depressed to do anything. And at the beginning, Pluto was Trine my 12th House Venus and Square my 5th House Moon and the moon represents emotions and the 5th house represents romance so I blame Pluto as the planet who caused it.

Mosnar199420

So since there hasn't been anything or anyone with Pluto or 8th house themed traits in my life in quite a while, does that mean Pluto is done with the 8th House.

The Pluto Transits with 3 degree orb and lower are

Transit Pluto Sextile Mercury (10th House) 3 degree orb
Transit Pluto Sextile Mars (11th House) 1 degree orb

And I don't feel those.
Which planet gives closure to an issue? because I've never gotten closure from the situation and that's something I do need. Or does Pluto give closure to an issue when he's done with it?

hypatia

were you able to go back and finish school?
although Pluto in the 9th is usually about high education, perhaps you can initiate some learning by enrolling in a system for adults (sorry I don't know what country you live in, so don't know what system you have adult education). Then move further into higher education.
I think what Waybread had to say about deliberately working on issues to do with that House.

Mosnar199420

I live in America. And I tried going back to High School but ended up dropping out again. I can take a GED but I have absolutely no motivation to do so. I'd more than likely get frustrated halfway through the test and walk out.

hypatia

does Pluto give closure to an issue when he's done with it?

I don't know if others gain closure - I have to agree it would be nice if there was.

I had Pluto transiting my 12th House for a very long time - from when I was about 8 until I was 24.
It was horrible :(

I am now much older with many other life experiences - and I am only slowly working through the experiences from way back then.

My only suggestion I could think of - given your self-awareness and your knowledge of astrology and that Pluto is about to enter your 9th House (which of course is related to the 3rd) --- which repeats my previous post... I'd recommend seriously considering finishing your secondary education. Then perhaps look at some formal and high study in psychology or astrology or counselling. I could imagine you being very deeply reflective and working towards closure during that high study.

As Pluto was just leaving my 12th House is when I first learnt about Astrology. But it was still another 20 years later before I started any formal study in it - for me personally I wasn't 'ready' for higher study and self reflection at that level. By the time Pluto left by 12th House I was almost a zombie, I was barely functioning and I was 'avoiding' more than 'self reflecting' - which for me is why it's taking decades to get closure.

Last edited:

Mosnar199420

A Transit Pluto in the 12th House, I can imagine that being horrible. Transit Pluto will enter my 12th house when I'm 90 and by that time, if I live to that age, I probably would ignore it's influence. But thank you all for responding.

hypatia

I live in America. And I tried going back to High School but ended up dropping out again. I can take a GED but I have absolutely no motivation to do so. I'd more than likely get frustrated halfway through the test and walk out.

It probably hasn't been the right time yet - wait until Pluto is leaving your 8th House - now is the time for sorting out issues to do with the 8th House.
Read up lots more about the 8th House and how can you 'deliberately' work with those issues.
You will quite probably have more inclination towards a form of higher study as Pluto moves towards your 9th House - it doesn't have to be study to do with school or uni, there are other things to study and do that are 9th House related and that can help you work through your 8th House experiences.

waybread

Mosnar, do you want to post your chart? I'm curious as to what Pluto is doing natally in your chart, and whether there might be additional planets involved. Do you have any 8th house planets, and what about the ruler (lord) of your 8th house?

Please remember that positively, Pluto is all about self-transformation. Old things (metaphorically) die in our lives so that new growth can take place and flourish.

waybread

Pluto in the 9th would be an excellent time to finish your GED and set your sights on a meaningful university program. The 9th rules higher education. Note that Pluto will enter your 10th house of career eventually.

Mosnar199420

@hypatia Saturn is in my 10th House and I've read that a Saturn in the 10th doesn't give someone a career until after their first Saturn return.

@waybread I would post my chart but I'm on an iPhone and the only thing I can do is post a link and it expires a lot. If you want to look up my chart I was born on March 26, 1994 at 9:09 AM in Logan, West Virginia.

I don't have any 8th house planets, Sagittarius is on the cusp of both my 7th and 8th house and it's ruler (Jupiter in Scorpio) is in my 6th House. I have Pluto in Scorpio in the 6th House, it's aspects are:

Pluto Trine Aries Sun (11th House)
Pluto Sextile Virgo Moon (5th House)
Pluto Square Saturn (10th House)
Pluto Sextile Neptune and Uranus (9th House)
Pluto Conjunct North Node (6th House)
Pluto Square Virgo Chiron (4th House)
Pluto Opposition Ascendant (Gemini)