Little Fishes and Bear Rabbit! Marriage?

tikana

I have just seen you comment both in this post and in another, that Sun is advancing away from Venus, that they already conjoined in Virgo. I do not see that as being correct according to the ephemeris. I do not see that they met in Virgo. I do see that now Venus continues to advance on Sun, that Venus is faster than Sun, and not the other way around, and that they will in fact join in Scorpio. That's all I'm talking about.

** FACEPALM.. why did i think the conjunction happened in virgo?! sorry youa re right. ***

astralrabbit

Account Closed
I have just seen you comment both in this post and in another, that Sun is advancing away from Venus, that they already conjoined in Virgo. I do not see that as being correct according to the ephemeris. I do not see that they met in Virgo. I do see that now Venus continues to advance on Sun, that Venus is faster than Sun, and not the other way around, and that they will in fact join in Scorpio. That's all I'm talking about.

** FACEPALM.. why did i think the conjunction happened in virgo?! sorry youa re right. ***

Hello everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone for debating and working together concerning this horary chart. It is most admirable and greatly appreciated :joyful:. Ok just to update my partner does feel that coming over here would be better for us at this moment in time so we are discussing how and when that this will be possible. I will keep you all updated.:smile:

rafaella

Hello everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone for debating and working together concerning this horary chart. It is most admirable and greatly appreciated :joyful:. Ok just to update my partner does feel that coming over here would be better for us at this moment in time so we are discussing how and when that this will be possible. I will keep you all updated.:smile:

That's awesome! I hope it works out for you guys! :)

Best wishes!

Tessie

Banned
For the purposes of the horary, would you mind confirming whether the two of you have gotten married legally?

Thanks.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Is it beneficial to look at the native's natal chart at the same time when casting a Horary Chart.

In relation to this question, I noticed that a significant amount of sensitive points in our charts where activated by current planetary cycles and lunar events. For instance, the lunar eclipse that just took place happened with in 1 degree of my POF and 1.5 degrees of Venus in my Natal.

Would taking into account the charts of the natives asking the question of the hour allow any significant insight to the delineation of the horary chart?

Tessie

Banned
Is it beneficial to look at the native's natal chart at the same time when casting a Horary Chart.

In relation to this question, I noticed that a significant amount of sensitive points in our charts where activated by current planetary cycles and lunar events. For instance, the lunar eclipse that just took place happened with in 1 degree of my POF and 1.5 degrees of Venus in my Natal.

Would taking into account the charts of the natives asking the question of the hour allow any significant insight to the delineation of the horary chart?

I believe you have answered your own question. Horary conclusion is valid only if consistent with natal promise. Horary chart should be considered with natal, solar, profection, etc. for completeness.

Oddity

I disagree. I tend to keep my horaries separate from natal charts.

If you look, of course, you can probably find something in natal + profected or other timing technique that shows that what the querent is asking about is relevant to their current life, but isn't the whole point of horary asking questions about what's relevant to your current life?

Horary works well stand-alone. It also works well for people who don't know their time, or even sometimes date, of birth. Trying to interpret it in light of natal + other preditctive techniques will needlessly complicate matters.

Tessie

Banned
I disagree. I tend to keep my horaries separate from natal charts.

If you look, of course, you can probably find something in natal + profected or other timing technique that shows that what the querent is asking about is relevant to their current life, but isn't the whole point of horary asking questions about what's relevant to your current life?

Horary works well stand-alone. It also works well for people who don't know their time, or even sometimes date, of birth. Trying to interpret it in light of natal + other preditctive techniques will needlessly complicate matters.

Let's get something straight. The natal chart is the current life. Horary, with its high temporal resoultion, can yield predictions which do not come to pass. Evidence comes from this example and several others. It is the nature of thought. An accurate natal chart is not necessary to read horary. But an accurate natal chart and the accurate horary chart should be considered for completeness in ascertaining the reliability of an answer. The horary chart cannot guarantee what is not in the natal promise. Two charts. One human.

Oddity

You're right. But the horary isn't going to tell you something will come to pass that isn't in the natal promise.

Predicting the future is no easy task. I suppose if you're certain you know all the events and how they'll transpire in a native's life, you'd have no need of horary at all. Then again, if you're that good, you probably have no need of astrology at all.

But I don't think you're giving horary enough credit here. Yes, you'll make mistakes. You'll make mistakes in natal interpretation, too. If you try to merge the two, or compare them before the fact, you're likely to make twice as many mistakes, not fewer. At least that's how I've always seen it work out.

Horary is a wonderful stand alone technique. There is no need to complicate it.

Tessie

Banned
You're right. But the horary isn't going to tell you something will come to pass that isn't in the natal promise.

Predicting the future is no easy task. I suppose if you're certain you know all the events and how they'll transpire in a native's life, you'd have no need of horary at all. Then again, if you're that good, you probably have no need of astrology at all.

But I don't think you're giving horary enough credit here. Yes, you'll make mistakes. You'll make mistakes in natal interpretation, too. If you try to merge the two, or compare them before the fact, you're likely to make twice as many mistakes, not fewer. At least that's how I've always seen it work out.

Horary is a wonderful stand alone technique. There is no need to complicate it.

Mistakes and proficiency can be controlled with knowledge and experience but are not part of this dialogue: the issue is conceptual. Applying a second measure as per astrological lore (i.e., natal promise) can only strengthen the correctness of the conclusion, even if it confounds the astrologer. We must draw a distinction between proficiency and concept. If there is not proficiency and experience, as with anything, it makes sense why working with two charts one does not understand can yield double the mistakes. Excluding additional, double-checking analyses affords increased likelihood of mistakes. It does not afford greater control, as you imply. Proficiency and concept are complematary of course so, with both, the horary should reflect the natal promise in an accurate reading.

You are entitled to disagree. Before you do that, however, the burden of proof rests on your existing natal data which remain uncorrelated with your existing horary data. The claims you are making are not tested. It has been established that astrology is complex, however, that is all the more reason for continued research which can make us better practitioners and theorists as the art lives on, rather than being indocrinated misers who carry the moral burden of misleading with incorrect predictions*. Prediction being difficult is not an excuse. Doctors could say the same thing. A responsible practitioner is dedicated to life-long learning.

* Comment is conceptual; not personal.

Oddity

In medieval and early modern times, when one apprenticed to an astrologer, one was required to show proficiency in horary and electional astrology before learning natal.

If it works for you to use both natal and horary, nobody's going to stop you. Bear in mind that most of the time I speak from many years of practical experience. I do not find it useful to correlate horary to natal, and haven't seen the technique used profitably by others. But if it makes things easier for you, by all means do it that way. Nothing says you can't.

Tessie

Banned
In medieval and early modern times, when one apprenticed to an astrologer, one was required to show proficiency in horary and electional astrology before learning natal.

Obv., learning has a sequence. You are ignoring the issue on the table, which is natal promise predictions.

I do not find it useful to correlate horary to natal, and haven't seen the technique used profitably by others.

In other words, you have not tried. Maybe you can provide one source where it is shown a set of comfirmed horary outcomes and their incongruency with natal promise. I didn't think so. :)

Natal promise astrology is fundamental to astrological lore. Discounting its value in prediction methodology is ludicrous. I can understand why people choose not to conduct extra tests. It is time consuming and requires a crazy degree of expertese for interpretation, the benefit will never outweigh the cost. However, the OP's question, does natal promise factor into horary validity, is answered with an inevitable yes. It is an Oddity to suggest otherwise. ♥

Oddity

In other words, you have not tried. Maybe you can provide one source where it is shown a set of comfirmed horary outcomes and their incongruency with natal promise. I didn't think so. :)

I never said that, Tess. If I hadn't tried it at some point, I likely would have nothing to say on the matter.

Again, if you find the technique useful, by all means, use it. Nothing stops you. But if you don't find it useful to look at a natal chart when the question is something like: Is the used car I want to buy a lemon or no?, or Where are the earrings I lost? then don't use it.

I do not find the technique of practical value. That's all.