Parallels are definetly real

GuyWithWeirdChart

I am not sure about contra parallels, but I know that parallels are legit aspects.

How do I know this??

Well I have been looking up UFC fighters/Serial killers, and 3 out of the 4 people I've looked up so far have mars parallel to pluto..

The one person who did not (one of the MMA fighters) had his sun,moon,and mercury all parallel to mars as well as a mars square pluto in natal.

So for those of you who don't believe in parallel's , i'd give them a second thought.

dr. farr

Good research!

Yes, parallels are quite "real"! In checking out fighters, killers, etc, also see any parallels there might be with the South Node, and also check on any parallels with Lilith. Be sure also to check (in any type of chart for any type of person) any parallels involving a planet (or Node) with the ascending degree.

Lion o ness

Do you think parallels are stronger than conjunctions? Or are they equally strong?

I have moon parallel Pluto... I'm not totally sure of its effect.

In regular natal I think I have a semi square with moon/Pluto..
But, I haven't totally identified with moon/Pluto.
When it does fit, I guess it can be explained with Venus/Pluto in natal.

I guess I can't really differentiate the difference.

dr. farr

I consider Parallels to be = to strong conjunctions in longitude. If forced to say which I tend to consider more significant ("stronger"), I would have to say-Parallels!!

GuyWithWeirdChart

In checking out fighters, killers, etc, also see any parallels there might be with the South Node, and also check on any parallels with Lilith. Be sure also to check (in any type of chart for any type of person) any parallels involving a planet (or Node) with the ascending degree.

Thanks Dr.Farr,

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those as well.

poyi

Premium Member
I have Mars parallel Pluto, Mars and Pluto both very significant with traditional and modern rulership over my Sun, Saturn, Mercury. Mars is also exalted by Moon in Capricorn.

Through I was exploded to violence at younger age. I still believe Mars parallel Pluto gave me very strong internal fighting spirit and Will to overcome trials at the same time.

Lion o ness

Good research!

Yes, parallels are quite "real"! In checking out fighters, killers, etc, also see any parallels there might be with the South Node, and also check on any parallels with Lilith. Be sure also to check (in any type of chart for any type of person) any parallels involving a planet (or Node) with the ascending degree.

What about South Node, would you consider parallels to Sn as a parallel, or keep it as NN contra parallel? ( even though u don't use CP)

Oooo **** I have Lilith parallel NN. :pinched:
I'm not going to look at theses anymore... Lol

Phoenix Venus

lol i have pluto, mars and north node all in parallel... at 0 N

Well i'm not a UFC fighter so.... guess that leaves me with the option of serial killing.... :biggrin::ninja:

Phoenix Venus

ahh.. i also have venus/asc/juno all in parallel...

guess that might explain why i have never had "violence" in my life in any form... (potential to either damage or transform, yes.. but physical violence, no) plus a generally "weak" mars

What about South Node, would you consider parallels to Sn as a parallel, or keep it as NN contra parallel? ( even though u don't use CP)

Oooo **** I have Lilith parallel NN. :pinched:
I'm not going to look at theses anymore... Lol

well i guess you could say it either way.. the meaning would be the same... a planet working adversley to nn... similar to a conjunction to sn... which, imo, isn't necessarily all bad... sn is what leads to the nn... so the planet can trigger progression (nn).. the planet would just need to be tamed/balanced...

dr. farr

Remember that Parallels to the NN (and connjunctions also to the NN) bring into play the benefic influences of that Node (many of us consider the fundamental influences of the NN to be = to those of a benefic Jupiter combined with a benefic Venus) into the Parallel or conjunction configuration.

Phoenix Venus

Remember that Parallels to the NN (and connjunctions also to the NN) bring into play the benefic influences of that Node (many of us consider the fundamental influences of the NN to be = to those of a benefic Jupiter combined with a benefic Venus) into the Parallel or conjunction configuration.

Interesting, Dr. Farr...

sometimes it seems way too complex to tally benefic/maelific influence..

I will share a personal example:

My nn is in aries 6th house
Mars conjunct sn in libra 12th

(so not only an opposition to nn but from nn's ruling planet in detriment and debilitated house)

but then mars is parallel as well!

add a t-square from Neptune.. nn inconjunct venus/asc (so semi-sextile mars)... and chart ruler (pluto) parallel this mess as well!

It is quite the balancing act... even for a libra mars! lol.. so I just shoot for the sabian symbol, fight for the underdog, hope for the best and say eff it to the whole.. "good side" "bad side" thing :biggrin:

dr. farr

Remember that, like the stars, the Lunar Nodes operate only by placement or through Parallel or conjunction, not through other geometrical relationships (aspects, such as opposition, square, trine, etc), at least according to many of us who give credence to the influence of the Nodes (this attitude is also shared by most of the oldtime authors as well)

I do agree that determining potential influences ("benefic" or "malefic") is an involved process, and that there have been many (perhaps TOO many:w00t:) protocols advanced by numerous authors down the ages (to the present time) for doing so. I myself, once used the variants of the Western dignity/detriment tabulation schemas for this, but have increasingly moved away from this protocol, toward the ancient "collective energy factors" simplification method taken from Vedic astrology (they call this the "ashtakavarga" method, the "8 sources of energy" evaluative system, and the "collective energy factors' subdivision of this they call "sarvashtakavarga")...but, use of the wonderful Sabian Symbols system, certainly is a great alternative way to make qualitative delineative analysis!:biggrin:

dr. farr

I will just add that the influence of the NODES (ie the influences arising from the Nodes) is via placement or conjunction or Parallel, however the influence of PLANETS TO the Nodes, can operate by ASPECTS from the planet to the Node: eg, Mars can SQUARE the NN (ie, Mars can afflict the NN by square aspect), HOWEVER, the NN (in this case) does NOT square Mars (ie, the NN cannot afflict Mars by square aspect) Except via placement or Parallel or conjunction, the Nodes, like the stars (and, indeed, like the Lots or "Arabic Parts"), are "passive", unlike the planets, which are "active"-not only influencing by their placement, Parallel or conjunction, BUT ALSO BY their power of ASPECTING each other, and ASPECTING other horoscopic points as well.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Thanks dr. F...
Very good info... Lots to learn...

That guy I post about his Venus/Neptune is parallel my NN/Lilith..

I don't know what that means exactly, but he's definitely had a huge impact on me...
Very important relationship, and part of my path..

poyi

Premium Member
Good for you Ram that you know what they mean to you.

I always wonder my Jupiter, Neptune, South Node, IC and anti vertex parallel mean....many said it was about my significant past life. Like I was a priest, prince/princess, someone who had authority/religious etc.

But what about this life!!! I am more interested about this life:pinched:

poyi

Premium Member
Yeah thats the same interpretation that I feel fits for me as well.

All of those planets/ponts I mentioned were in the 5th (except Jupiter in the 6th) and Scorpio is the sign on the 5th house cusp with the vertex, Sn, Moon, Uranus in Sag. The big 3 players then are Sag, Scorpio and Leo which i interpret as being in a position of spiritual authority, probably the head (Leo, 5th) of an occult/religious (Scorpio, Sag) group.

The past life stuff is important now because generally ppl replay past life events/themes in current lives

Lol I know the past life is important and with those placements since they are at my 4th house and IC. So by theory it would also be my later end of life which my Fixed Stars in Parran also confirmed such. But I don't see myself being a religious leader hahahaha Jupiter and Neptune however is a magic aspect. Parallel reading it as conjunction so I found Jupiter conjunct Neptune can sometime be like this:

"Jupiter-Neptune is not a combination to be taken lightly. It is a potent cocktail. Sip carefully of the divine nectar and the world of spirit opens its gates. Drink wantonly of the magic brew and risk a death by drowning. If Jupiter and Neptune are prominent in your chart, the choice is yours."
http://astroalchemy.com/jupiter-neptune-magician-or-fool/

I had supernatural experiences for 2 years when Pluto transit IC the parallel of IC, antivertex, South node, Jupiter, Neptune this energy was most nasty by the influence of Pluto and turned out to be haunting at home.

Last edited:

GuyWithWeirdChart

Well today two UFC fighters fought,

Fighter A- Undefeated LHW Champion 20 wins and 0 losses.

Sun, Moon, and Mercury parallel to mars as well as mars square pluto in natal.

Fighter B-

Mars Parallel Pluto

Fighter A usually dominates and makes all of his opponents look like kids fighting a grown man, but today history was made, fighter B lost, but it was the closest anybody has every come to beating fighter A. Fighter B was not man handled in any way, shape, or form at any time during the fight, the only reason he lost is mostly because his gas tank started running low in the later rounds of the fight and fighter A won by points.

I had a feeling fighter B might lose, and many people on forums thought he would get completely dominated, but with the mars parallel pluto I knew he wouldn't get rag dolled like every other guy Fighter A has fought.

After the fight both went to the hospital Fighter A needed stitches, Fighter B with a concussion.

That goes do show you the power of the mars pluto parallel.

Last edited: