Old Fashioned Romantics

Astrologically can you tell the old fashioned romantics apart from the modern lovers. Obviously the time you are living in has some influence to a point. I hate starting these topics, and wait for the your "sexist" remarks by people who want to jump the gun. I am discussing this honestly, and a part of me likes old fashioned romance, but in work I am more modern due to high tech Mars in Aquarius square Uranus
astronomer1.gif
and can be a tad competitive at work, and challenge old stereotypes in the workplace. However, in love, I like the old fashioned romance
mafia.gif
medal.gif
, security, the golden age of love (whatever that means) going along Saturnian lines here. I have Venus in Capricorn 5th house, perhaps old fashioned values in romance I like. A man opens the door for me and treats me respectfully (could be equal treatment). I like security in love, I am assuming Taurus and Capricorn would go for this, what about Cancer it does sextile Taurus, but opposes Capricorn. Your thoughts and no attacks on my values please. Honest values regardless of what the values are today, and how we "should" love. Are you are futuristic lover, equal paying, and modern man-woman. Or do the old traditional ways of love appeal more. Do you like a man to pull out your chair and reach for the bill after a meal or would this offend you. Perhaps you would naturally pay your half of the bill, out of courtesy. My partner has Venus in Libra conjunct Pluto and he is very romantic and I have Venus in Capricorn........
dash2.gif
I think I am old fashioned and do live out the man goes to work woman stays home and bakes bread relationship. I won't lie, because I do make make a **** housework and far too many mental interests to be totally domestic, maybe it's my Piscean side too. Before I spin round any more, your thoughts.........

Last edited:

Lunar Pisces

I don't think of myself as old-fashion, but I do expect a guy to make an effort to show he's worth my time. And yeah, that means spend money on me, take me to nice places, be cordial towards me. I'm a heavy air type: I have a huge independent streak and I tend to over-intellectualize romantic attractions, being unnerved at the notion of being "swept off my feet." But I like, perhaps even expect being treated like lady, or rather, like a goddess by a man.

I'm what I'd call "hyper-heterosexual." I am rather obsessed with the opposite sex, to the point I can objectify men and turn masculinity into this beautiful abstraction. I can be attracted to a wide variety of men, but they must be men. For example, I had a friend who was transgender woman-to-man and I had no interest in her as a woman or when she first transitioning into a male identity. But once he started hormone therapy, and his voice got deeper, his hairline started receding a bit and stubble started appearing on his chin, I started to feel an attraction to him.

I am very tolerant of diversity in gender and sexual orientation. I am comfortable with the lines being blurred and bent any which way people want to blur and bend them. It's just I know what i like and I can't deviate from that. But whatever else people like, I'm fine with. As far as I'm concerned, tolerance for that diversity is a good and healthy thing, even for me, because while I'm hetero, I still have to contend to social conventions about being a straight woman that I feel impede my own sexual and gender expression. Like I'm expected to be attracted to men, yet hate men's "brutishness" or think male genitalia is "icky". But I don't. I think male brutishness (i.e. pure testosterone-driven lust) is hot and sexy, and I like a nice set on guy and wish I could talk more openly of my great fondness of *all* parts of the male body.

But one thing that really bothers me is when a gay, bi or "queer" person makes heterosexuality out as mere conformity or out-dated, as if heterosexuals choose to be this way out of fear or herd mentality. I resent that. I respect what makes other people happy--I only ask for the same in return.

I'm quite Uranian and Saturnine, both in different ways. My chart in attached below (hopefully).

Uranian influence:

Aqua mars and NN (in 6th) trine chart ruler Mercury
Uranus cardinal singleton in the 1st house trine chart ruler Mercury
Sun and Eros in the Aqua decan of Gemini
Juno in 11th house

Saturnine influence:

Sun and Eros in 10th house, apex of a t-square
Chart ruler Merucry in 10th
Sun and Merc parallel MC
Saturn cj Venus, opp. Neptune and Jupiter
5th house ruled by Cap

Attachments