Do I have writing potential in my chart

JayM

I am wondering for a while if I have writing potential in my chart. I have saj on my MC with merc and uranus in my 10th, they are inconjunt my moon which is in my third house, so I am guessing that I do (with a big change in attitude oir an emotional adjustment with the inconjunts) My yod will force me to communicate with pluto sextiling neptune and they are inconjunt my chiron so theres a strong need to fix misunderstandings.

Anyways I think that I do have writing skills or mabie presenting skills with merc and uranus where they are.

What do you think? Thank you for your input.

Attachments

• Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    26.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Looking at those huge 1/7th houses I would suggest try Equal houses.
Aries/mars rules 3rd and Libra/venus rules 9th house of higher learning and both these are placed in 1st house conjunct no less. Now although venus is apex for T Square, mars has lovely trine to pluto in 9th house showing easy flow of energies.

Your venus is also a singleton and as you prob know lacks the element of air and only two planets sun/neptune in air houses to compensate

Mars in first is very common in male charts and can be sporty or competitive to. Mars also squares your Uranus, which is conj mercury. This conjunction will give you 'flashes' of inspiration and creativity, but it's whether you can ground them and do something with it. the square from mars suggests on occasion you are a bit of rebel and tend to act a bit too quickly on occasions without enough planning or thought.

Your MC ruler Saggi/jupiter in 12th suggests you may enjoy the isolation and working alone and behind the scenes that writing would need. Capricorn is prepared to work hard and long for what it wants so, don't be ruled by astrology, take the bull by the horns and go for it.

flea

Jay M
Ah .....but they are so good in pointing you in the right direction. There is a budhist saying that billy connolly quotes quite often...find out what it is you do and do it.

A good indicator of what it is you do....is what you love doing. Then if you love doing it the enthusiasm and energy that you put into it makes you better...and people feel the energy and good vibes etc etc.

Merc in 10th together with moon in 3rd point to communication skills.....

I have venus on my MC and art is really what I do....I love it yet always doubt...but I love it. It does not give me a career even on the 10th though maybe i am getting there. It is trine NN and sextile mercury, and no other major contacts ( mmm very tight semi square to sun). I have major dramas going on in the rest of my chart....but my art (which i kinda put in a box for 20 years) is my special part of life that feeds me the good stuff. As i put more energy into it...it grows as do people's response to it. I am now organising my first exhibition.

merc is sag is in detriment but jane austen has merc here too... so i dont think that is impediment. Maybe worth looking at your semi square merc to pluto??

FleaXX

I think if writing is what you want to do, then go and pursue it. It depends how often you practice writing and how much reading you do, as this is still important. I would think Mercury in Sagittarius conjunct Uranus, would be highly inventive, with lots of intuition, and quite excitable in their writing. It also depends whether you can slow that thinking down enough, and begin to form the words on the page constructively, and have the patience for editing, re-writing and coping with the frustration of writers block. You know if writing is in your blood, when you can't seem to put it down, and you are compelled to write all the time. It depends what type of writer you want to be, and then you have to create the Jay M individual stamp to your writing. And your writing has to stand out amongst the thousands and thousands of other accomplished writers. A high mountain to climb, but with enough ambition and talent you can make it.

I enjoy writing and practice it daily, but couldn't be a professional writer, and I haven't got the time to write at great length. My mother loved to read all the time (a book a day), and she had a typewriter (old fashioned :biggrin:) and costly. After so many drafts of her children's book she ended up giving up on her writing. The typewriter was left in the cupboard collecting dust, and that was the sad reality of dreams not realized. I don't think I could put my dreams away and I would feel sorry that I even started a book, and faced such disappointment. My mother can talk for England, and she is quick witted, but I am less humorous and my writing looks a mess. I always thought I inherited a horrible Mercury, with it's fall in Pisces conjunct Moon square Neptune. I ended up with all the other dustbin of writers on a heap of ******* up papers, and just blog daily instead or write rubbish on forums. I find writing is fun, but if you try and make a living out of it; the inspiration may run dry and the frustration of trying to get published/facing rejection letters is not the pleasant side of writing. If you really, really, really want to be a writer, go for it, and don't stop until your published. :smile:

(s-crewed is the deleted word - go figure)

Last edited:

kaminari

What do you think?

The equation is simple: Write + Read + Edit + Repeat (x times) = Good Writing

(You can call yourself a writer anytime, but write something good, cause it's better to be a good writer than a lousy one.)

Where is this in your chart? To start, I like Mars in Pisces, Saturn conjunct the South node, Gemini on the IC, Chiron in Gemini, the third house, North node in Taurus in the third house.

I see writing potential in my chart & I am a writer. Yet my chart is nothing like yours. So, can you see it in yours?

You are what you are not what you may become.

tee_jay66

I have moon in 3rd and no writing skills, cookbooks only work so far then more in depth analisys is needed :unsure:

oooops this I learned from Sue Tomkins, who did a book called aspects in astrology. I then studied various charts of poets and musicians where lots had moon in the third.......mmm, not so clear cut then :sad:

I suppose it is strengthened by having an air sign on cusp of third and mercury aspecting third or the moon positively!

JayM

I am wondering if because I have mercury and uranus in the 10th, plus venus and mars in the 1st would that make me a good public speaker?

Shining ray I admit I haven't really read alot of books lately except one or 2 science fiction books about 3 years ago. I have however recently tried to write poems and I have 2 - 3 completed poems that I think are good and it has involved grounding my merc-uranus conjuntion as astrologer50 pointed out.

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

dhundhun said:
Writing potential? Yes. But I think, more towards poetic skills.

I concur.

You did not mention writing as a profession, so I am assuming you want to look at writing for writing, which is a fifth house matter, pleasure and creativity. Cancer is there, which is ruled by the Moon, in your third. Already a great sign for you! Also, the Moon is exalted in Taurus, which means your fifth house is a very very good place. I would expect you to have many children, but that is another discussion.

Here comes the tough part. The opposition from Saturn in the sign of the Moon's fall. That's rough. Very very stressful for your poor Moon. You have a trine from Jupiter and a square from Venus, but Jupiter is in the twelfth, a bad place, and Venus is ruled by that mean Saturn, who is also squaring her.

Here's my take: You have tremendous capacity for emotionally charged creativity, i.e. poetry. You probably have great talent hiding just under the surface. However, you have a lot of challenges in expressing this. That Saturn is going to be very hard to withstand, pressing down on your poor Moon, you might feel crushed by frustration or writer's block. Jupiter will give you luck, but not easily or often. Venus will give you inspiration, but it might be of the negative kind.

After reading that paragraph you're probably full of negativity. Don't be. The BEST writing comes from pain and stress and emotion, and that is exactly what you have going on in your chart in this matter. The challenge for you is to take all the bad things that happen, and the things that hold you back, bring you down, whatever, and use them as fuel for your pen, or guitar, or brush, or whatever tool you use to express yourself. I suggest keeping a daily journal, if you're not already. And good luck!

dhundhun

In this chart poetry comes from exalted Moon after being suppressed by Saturn (pain) overflows in form of fantasies/imaginations. Mercury is good to express it. North Node is good enough for appreciation of imagination. It is a complex process.

I mentioned poetic skills in previous posts and JayM, you confirm writing some good poems.

Jupiter's placement in 12th is important for mind delving into fantasies/imaginations without looking for monetary gains. Also North Node in important for this configuration.

Another important thing is that, this configuration requires triple transits to operate.

Last edited:

JayM

After reading that paragraph you're probably full of negativity. Don't be. The BEST writing comes from pain and stress and emotion, and that is exactly what you have going on in your chart in this matter. The challenge for you is to take all the bad things that happen, and the things that hold you back, bring you down, whatever, and use them as fuel for your pen, or guitar, or brush, or whatever tool you use to express yourself. I suggest keeping a daily journal, if you're not already. And good luck!

Lol thanks I haven't had a complement like that before:pinched:. I do want to do writing or poetry for a living.

but Jupiter is in the twelfth, a bad place,

I thought jupitor in the 12th was a good place for it, the whole angel on your shoulder thing.

this configuration requires triple transits to operate.

What does this mean?

E

eternalautumn

Traditionally, the twelfth house was a negative place because it was in aversion to the first house, meaning planets in those two houses did not aspect each other, and because it is a cadent house, which in the past was called "falling" or "declining". Planets here are "locked away", and their power is turned away from the native unto other people in the native's life.