Aeroplane performing a nose-dive?

roz

Hi I was wondering what could this sabian symbol mean? I have this degree on the cusp of the 11th house.

sdh3

If you could, please share an image of the natal chart.
I'll take a look and let you know what I think.
--sdh3

Hi I was wondering what could this sabian symbol mean? I have this degree on the cusp of the 11th house.

Zonark

Basically, your friends and community are probably daredevils or people prone to being on the verge of crashing and burning.

A plane in a nosedive is in a pretty perilous condition. Tense, high adrenaline, not necessarily guaranteed to be deadly but highly possible. It also used to be a method of attack when biplanes were warfighting machines, as in WW1. A plane would dive right at a target, the speed and screaming sound of the plane divebombing was terrifying in addition to the gunfire. Think about the energy of that.

Phoenix Venus

Heres a bit of the description from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala":

"AN AIRPLANE PERFORMING A NOSE DIVE.

KEYNOTE: A superior ability to challenge nature and play with danger.

Through the controlled use of mental powers man is able to challenge the most basic force in nature: gravitation. He enjoys playing with it as a lion tamer with his violent animals. But what he challenges is within himself as well as outside. Gravitation is the universal binding force of the material world. By challenging it man prepares himself to pierce beyond the physical and to reach higher realms of existence. He may lose the struggle, but that prospect makes the effort more exciting. He might gain "immortality."...."

The 11th house is also commonly referred to as the house of hopes & wishes. it is about those ideals that urge us to get out and make a place in society, to help a greater cause.

its interesting that this symbol reffers to danger and challenge and you have mars in a close conjunction to the 11th house. your mars happens to be in the same degree as usa's part of destiny.

athenian200

That degree was also the Moon sign in a chart for a failed website I tried to start a while back.

What was really interesting was that the Sun sign's reading in that chart was "A train entering a tunnel."

So, both signs seemed to involve vehicles in awkward positions.

I'm not sure what to recommend in situations involving this symbol, as my only experience with it involves catastrophic failure.

The only advice I can offer if this degree comes up is... no matter what direction you go or what ideas you come up with, don't get carried away with it. Try to maintain a balance rather than going to extremes. That's what I failed to do. Maybe that would help?

Basically, I would tend to go in one direction and take it too far... and then when I saw the excesses of that, I would go in the opposite direction to the same extreme. It was too late when I realized it was the extremes that were the problem. Too passive or too aggressive. Too strict or too lenient. Too decisive or too wishy-washy. Too chaotic or too focused. And so on.

Last edited: