astrocartography

ariel

Hello
I'm new to this site, but not exactly new to astrology. I've been studying astrology & other occult subjects for about 20 years. Lately I'm particularly interested in astrocartography, because it really amazes me how much your life can change when you move! And with Jupiter on my Rising Sign (but still in 12th house) and Moon in 9th house, I have moved around quite a bit. I've lived on my Saturn line for 10 years, just to find out that, well eh, it really *****! Difficult karma & so on.... So now I'm planning to move to England, particularly the East Coast should be good for me. My Jupiter/Asc line goes through there, and also Moon/MC. Any input on that? Does anyone else deal with location astrology? And is there anyone from the UK out here?
Cheers,
Ariel:innocent:

starlink

Hello Ariel, welcome to this forum. I am sure there are many others here who live in the UK, but not me:) albeit one hours flight away!

I wished I would know how to do this astrocartography, never done it but would like to know where my "lines" are situated. Is there an internet site where you can figure this out? Like giving in your Jupiter-Moon conjunction which I have and then push a button and it shows where in the world it crosses over?

Anyways, hope you will have good times here and learn a lot. Dont forget to go through the forum rules please, a lot of do's and dont's in there:)

Starlink

ariel

Hello Starlink,
sorry, it took so long to get back to you, but somehow I couldn't access this page for the past few days. If you wanna see your astrocartography map, go to the link "astrodienst". Under "free horoscopes" you can type in your dates, then to "travel". There you can get a world map, or go by each continent. But there's more than the lines you see at first - you can then click on diffrernt locations for more details. It also shows "crossing points" of planet lines. I'd be interested to hear from other people if it applies to them. Check out where you have your Moon/Jupitor conjunction - it might even be the place you're already calling "home". That is, if you feel at home there.
By the way, you mentioned you're only 1 hour flight away from England, which country you live in? Cause I'm living in Southern Germany, that's also 1 hour away.
Take care,
Ariel

starlink

Hello EJ,nice "seeing" you !! Yes, of course, happy existance is "when you are in Rome do as the Romans do" very true indeed. Not always so easy. I would not really want to do what the people in my country do, but I go along with what they do, :):) and try to accept their way of doing things. That also helps.

Ariel, thanks for the Astrodienst tip. Never did that before but could try it out, just to see if indeed Jupiter line runs through this place !

lilllybelle

Astrocartography didn't work for me. I made a move based off of my astrocartograpy lines and it didn't turn out to be a good move for me. I no longer have the software I ran the program on, but as I recall I had a strong venus/mars line going through the area where I now live. This has not been a good area for me in the venus/mars department. I don't even have that strong of a connection to the place.

A relocation chart was more accurate for me. I failed to notice before I moved that this location put saturn on my ascendent :sick:. I spent a couple of years out here being sick with sinus problems. The relocation chart was accurate; however, I did not find astrocartography to be accurate.

Last edited:

ariel

Hi Lillybelle,
that's very interesting and also comforting what you're saying. I discovered astrocartography when I was living on my Saturn/Asc line. I was living there (in Arizona) for ten years, and particularly the last few years my fate really seemed to kick my butt. I also had very difficult transits during this time. First, Pluto opposing my Sun and then moving on to oppose my natal Mars. Quite disgusting, to say the least. The important point I wanna make though, is that I really loved the area I was living in. More than any other place I've been so far. Now that I'm gone, I really miss living there. So, on one hand it was true that I had some very restricting Saturnine (don't know if that's the right adjective) experiences there, without which I could've never matured, but on the other hand, the area was extremely broadening & positive, in fact, I had never felt so free before!
Aside from using a relocation chart, what about using the birth chart of the city you wanna live in? I guess my hesitation about the relocation chart has to do with the fact, that your birthchart doesn't really change much, except for the Ascendent. In my case, this town I was living in had the exact same Sun as I did, on the minute! And four planets directly on my Mars.
What do you think?
Cheers,
Ariel

lilllybelle

I've never thought to check out my city's natal chart before. I might look it up at some point.

To be fair, my sicknes with sinuses might have been saturn transiting my 12th house as my illness went undiagnosed for a long time. I also spent a year trying alternative medicine that didn't help my condition at all. Another objective point to bring out is that I'm not sick anymore though the relocation chart hasn't changed any. I do think transits trump relocation charts and astrocartography.

In the relocation chart, your planets might fall into different houses as well as having different signs on the house cusps. A thought just occured to me that seems to support the relocation chart: my mars/venus comjunction moved from the 8th house to the 9th house in my relocation chart. Since I've been here I've dated almost nothing but foreigners. I've always liked foreigners , but since I've moved here men of my race or national orgin don't seem attracted to me- only foreigners. That's strange when I think about it. I don't have any transits that would account for this. Unless it could be that uranus moved into my 7th house (pisces on the cusp) about a week after I moved here.

With a huge mars/venus line running through this place, I would have thought I would have found a partner to settle down with for the long run, but it didn't work out that way.