Star Crossed? - First meeting chart

agave

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and to horary astrology. I've been a dabbler in natal astrology for a while, but only started learning about the horary stuff recently when I started applying transits to a synastry chart and then read about the first meeting chart. I love the idea that a first meeting chart is "the question to which the relationship is an answer"! What a mysterious way of thinking about it. Anyway, as you probably guessed, there is someone who has been making my heart flutter recently and I have been trying to understand our first meeting chart. While I have applied my knowledge of natal astrology, and tried to utilize the horary tutorials online, I would love to get some second opinions.

[ Ok, so I guess I can't insert a URL or image yet? Can I give you the address but not post it as a clickable URL? Sorry I am not trying to break any rules here. I just don't have three other topics to post about yet and want to do more reading before I blab all over the board. here is the first meeting chart just type in the first part thanks! : astro dot com /cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2at_01_first_meeting_hr.86055.22776.gif&res=100&va=&cid=2gofileHtZpPJ-u121703634 ]

My interpretation so far is:

With the ascendant at 26 26 in Virgo, the matter was practically a foregone conclusion before it even began. I am perhaps being silly by even giving the potential romance much thought at all. Circumstances will change before anything has a chance to develop. (That all accords with how things are--both this woman and I probably won't be in the same area long.) My wishes fly in the face of reality.

I am somewhat uncertain as to which planets to use as the significators. I know that the 7th house is often used to represent the quesited, however considering that I know the relationship has no long-term potential due to outside circumstances, I am tempted to use the 5th house ruler instead. Does that work? I still am interested in emotional depth with this person, but a partnership seems out of the question and blatantly unrealistic. Mostly I would like some intrigue and passion, however short-lived.

If I go with the 5th house ruler for her, then my mercury significator in the 9th house in gemini at 19 20 seems to be in a good spot because it is exalted. (is that correct?) However, it only makes a quintile to her saturn in virgo at 2 32. I have read that you don't use the quintile aspect at all in horary astrology, so then that's a bust right? No aspect means nothing will happen.

If I go with the 7th house ruler for her, then my mercury significator doesn't aspect her jupiter significator--another bust. :(

This is all very dismaying because analyzing the chart from a modern natal perspective, while I saw challenges I didn't see a complete lack of anything happening. In terms of synastry, we have several powerful north node, ascendant, and moon connections, a tight venus pluto opposition, and a venus mars square to make things interesting. (And a mars vesta conjunction, if you ascribe to the asteroid stuff.)

When I first looked at this first meeting chart, I saw that stellium in gemini of sun, moon, mercury, and venus and thought wow! That looks powerful. Especially because all of those planets conjunct my venus and her moon, and because I thought that the new moon was a fortuitous time to start a romance. Of course there are obvious challenges: Moon and venus squaring saturn which ***** because she is experiencing a big saturn influence right now due to saturn return. The fact that saturn is in the 12th house here does not improve matters. I also saw that the square from mercury in gemini to neptune in the 5th house seemed to spell delusions and a lack of connection to reality. Not a good placement, especially because in our synastry chart my venus opposes her neptune. The sextile from those gemini planets to mars in the 11th house made sense because we always seem to encounter each other in groups--only in groups it seems. And the square to uranus in the sixth house makes total sense as well, as unexpected elements concerning work always pop up and keep us from seeing each other--to an almost comic degree. It's been driving me crazy, actually! But it seemed like with our north node connections, pluto connections, and the concentration of those planets on the day we met, there would be some kind of passionate need to overcome the practical obstacles. I kept telling myself just to focus on that mars in leo in the 11th house energy and try to see her in group settings and hope that something more personal would develop.

But now horary astrology has convinced me that what I considered the beneficial aspects of this chart are in fact negative. That cluster of planets in gemini falls into the outcome house if I use the 5th house as the quesited. Do I understand correctly that in horary astrology, the sun diminishes the power of all planets it conjuncts through "combustion"? Well that's great. :mad: My last resort of hope was in using the moon for my significator and venus for hers--those planets are conjunct within an orb. But in a mutable sign in a cadent house and with the aspect combusted by the sun....there's no hope is there?

So what do you think, horary experts: is my interpretation correct? :confused: Should I give up this ridiculous folly and accept that there is no chance anything will happen? I'm gripped in infatuation and I think I will die if I don't get just one kiss. (venus opposition neptune you are so cruel!!)