Career and finance trouble

Libra1012

https://ibb.co/rZhy5WG

Since I lost my job in 2020 I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with my life. I took time off and started a marketing business with a friend about 6 months ago. We’re starting to get more clear and have brought in small amounts of money but nothing livable. I know it takes a while, and while I believe we have good ideas, I’m still questioning if this is the “thing” for me. I’m sure it’s the frustration of not yet making consistent money, and finding the ideal client, but I can’t help but feel like I’m struggling to still find my thing, it’s like something is missing and I can’t begin to know where to look.

Is there any guidance you can offer? Feeling a bit overwhelmed and not sure how to maneuver this energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Can you say what kind of business you are in, or what you think your "thing" might be? These would show up differently in your chart.

Also, your second house of money looks very powerful, but transiting Pluto has been playing havoc with it over the past few years. So it's not "just you."

Libra1012

Can you say what kind of business you are in, or what you think your "thing" might be? These would show up differently in your chart.

Also, your second house of money looks very powerful, but transiting Pluto has been playing havoc with it over the past few years. So it's not "just you."

We started a social media and marketing agency. We just wrote a proposal to manage a local restaurants social media account. We’re also helping young people create content, and building a community of creators so they can network and learn from each other. I was just asked to speak at an event this week, which is my first time being the main speaker so I’m excited about that. We also have an agency side of the business where we’re managing a music artist and working on his marketing. Working with the musician is the piece I love the most, I love music (I have no musical talent but I really enjoy it) it’s almost the least lucrative.

I really enjoy the arts, every facet. I never allowed myself to explore because I was too concerned about my image, who I thought people wanted me to be. I’ve done a lot of work, and have allowed myself to explore and have some fun. I feel like I have a good sense of humor and have been enjoying doing funny skits on TikTok, I feel like I also have a good eye for design and was going to take a class or teach myself how to do some editing and design work in photoshop. I also enjoy writing, I like creative writing (kid’s stories) and also write about my own experiences, which was well received when I put pieces out publicly. It seems I like a lot, I guess I’m not sure what direction to take or how to monetize any of it, I’m in very foreign territory and I’m feeling pressured.

waybread

Thanks for the in-fill.

The one thing that does not compute for me is that you have a heavily tenanted ("loaded") second house, which is the house of one's money and personal possessions. Sometimes people with a strong 2nd house are uninterested in money, thinking it is more virtuous to rise above it. But whether it is valuables or "what you value" I'd expect to see more of a focus on money management in your work experience.

So if you're going to take a class in something, it would seem to me to be valuable to take one in how to manage your finances or how to run a small business.

Sometimes Jupiter in the 2nd house can encourage people to be overly optimistic about their expenditures, so it might be valuable to think of money both in terms of income and out-flow.

You have an exact moon-Venus trine, so I think you are plenty artistic. With Venus conjunct Uranus, something electronic (vs. paper and pen) and cutting-edge would be consistent with your chart.

Mercury rules your MC (career house cusp) so anything to do with communicating should be valuable.

Libra1012

Thanks for the in-fill.

The one thing that does not compute for me is that you have a heavily tenanted ("loaded") second house, which is the house of one's money and personal possessions. Sometimes people with a strong 2nd house are uninterested in money, thinking it is more virtuous to rise above it. But whether it is valuables or "what you value" I'd expect to see more of a focus on money management in your work experience.

So if you're going to take a class in something, it would seem to me to be valuable to take one in how to manage your finances or how to run a small business.

Sometimes Jupiter in the 2nd house can encourage people to be overly optimistic about their expenditures, so it might be valuable to think of money both in terms of income and out-flow.

You have an exact moon-Venus trine, so I think you are plenty artistic. With Venus conjunct Uranus, something electronic (vs. paper and pen) and cutting-edge would be consistent with your chart.

Mercury rules your MC (career house cusp) so anything to do with communicating should be valuable.

Very interesting, thank you!

I’m very interested in money. I’ve always been in corporate and had a steady paycheck, but I’ve always run into problems because our values don’t match. I have an entrepreneur spirit, and starting my own business felt right, it’s just finding the thing that’s going to bring in consistent money.

I’ll definitely be meeting with someone to discuss finances in a small business, we need to see what percentage should stay in the business and what percentage we can take out to pay ourselves. It’s been a rough few years, I’m wanting to feel financially stable but it’s always felt that if I have financial stability I’m unhappy in my career and if I find happiness in my career then I lose the financial stability. Hoping to get to that happy medium- the Libra way. Lol ⚖️

Opal

Premium Member
Transit Pluto has been square your Natal Pluto. It beckons change. It is passing now at 26 degrees Capricorn, things should start to work out again.