Is it a bad idea to go surfing during a Uranus square Mars transit? (NEWBIE here)

I had this transit back in April or May or so. Various people on forums said that zero caution could get you killed by freak things during this. I only had the transit for a month and in that time span, I almost got run over by motor vehicles a few times and almost got in a car accident with a drunk driver, while a few people I knew died from freak, non-covid related things. Now I have this transit again from November to April. I just learned how to surf and I want to keep at it, but not if it could be fatal. Is it not worth tge risk or am I overreacting, thanks. Here's my chart.
https://astro.cafeastrology.com/graphic.php?type=24&x=1200&y=1600&index=96908743&lang=en

Last edited by a moderator:

katydid

I had this transit back in April or May or so. Various people on forums said that zero caution could get you killed by freak things during this. I only had the transit for a month and in that time span, I almost got run over by motor vehicles a few times and almost got in a car accident with a drunk driver, while a few people I knew died from freak, non-covid related things. Now I have this transit again from November to April. I just learned how to surf and I want to keep at it, but not if it could be fatal. Is it not worth tge risk or am I overreacting, thanks. Here's my chart.
https://astro.cafeastrology.com/graphic.php?type=24&x=1200&y=1600&index=96908743&lang=en

At first I thought it was not qa big deal, and you may be over reacting.

But after looking at your chart, I had to reevaluate. :pouty:

Your natal Mars is virtually unaspected. There is only a square to the MC. And it is in the 8th in Leo.

So a square from Uranus could be powerful and life shattering, in some ways.

I would not push my luck and do anything extremely dangerous at this time. I am not sure that surfing is super dangerous, unless you are going in the largest waves in roughest water. Maybe you can still practice surfing now, but be careful not to get in over your head by taking on bigger waves or doing so when you are really tired or distracted?

One way to deal with Uranus transits is to go with the trend and flow of what Uranus wants. Uranus wants 'break throughs' and so purposely breaking out of routine habits and mundane ways of being can protect you from Uranus's wrath.

Lin

I would like to see a chart in a different format WITH the transits.

I assume you have been taught by and are surfing WITH other people who have more experience than you.
They may have some really practical advice.

Also: surfing is a lot like skiing. You wouldn't ski on the ''big slope'' as a beginner.

So....if you compare the two, you see where I am going with this.

Also: your Jupiter is important because IT represents your JUDGEMENT> If you judgement is poor then you can't trust your judgement, can you......
so look at your overall ''scorecard'' for making decisions. If you are grounded and tend to make good decisions, then you will probably be level headed about when TO and when NOT to surf.

LIN

At first I thought it was not qa big deal, and you may be over reacting.

But after looking at your chart, I had to reevaluate. :pouty:

Your natal Mars is virtually unaspected. There is only a square to the MC. And it is in the 8th in Leo.

So a square from Uranus could be powerful and life shattering, in some ways.

I would not push my luck and do anything extremely dangerous at this time. I am not sure that surfing is super dangerous, unless you are going in the largest waves in roughest water. Maybe you can still practice surfing now, but be careful not to get in over your head by taking on bigger waves or doing so when you are really tired or distracted?

One way to deal with Uranus transits is to go with the trend and flow of what Uranus wants. Uranus wants 'break throughs' and so purposely breaking out of routine habits and mundane ways of being can protect you from Uranus's wrath.

Isn't Mars in my 7th house, not 8th?

katydid

Isn't Mars in my 7th house, not 8th?
Yes, I should have clarified that I was thinking that by the Equal House system, your Mars would be on the cusp of the 8th, as it makes a tight inconjunction to your Ascendant. Sorry I wasn't clear in my answer.

I think you should play it cool and be cautious until this transit passes.

Lin

Also, the chart you showed did not show the transits.

Please use a more user friendly chart (like the ones on astro.com)

LIN