Venus conjunct Sun in Libra still combust?

Lanfir

An applying conjunction of 3 degrees, from Venus to Sun in Libra, that is a weak place for Sun and strong one for Venus, still meaning this Venus is afflicted (combusted) by the closeness of the Sun, or the effect here is cancelled?

IleneK

Premium Member
An applying conjunction of 3 degrees, from Venus to Sun in Libra, that is a weak place for Sun and strong one for Venus, still meaning this Venus is afflicted (combusted) by the closeness of the Sun, or the effect here is cancelled?

Somewhere in the cobwebs of my memory, I seem to recall that if any planet is in its dignity, it is not burned/combusted by the Sun. Maybe because not only is it strong, but also it rules the Sun?
And maybe this is not so. :)

Anyone ever heard of this?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
" the combustion effect given by Sun to Venus when a combination of them is placed in the second house of a horoscope in the sign of Libra is not very strong and hence Venus may not lose much of its power due to combustion, in this situation. This is due to the reason that Sun is debilitated in the sign of Libra and hence it gets weak due to such debilitation. Such debilitated Sun is not capable of burning out much strength of Venus and hence combust Venus placed in the second house of a horoscope in the sign of Libra may still retain much of its original strength."

https://www.astrologerpanditji.com/combust-venus-in-2nd-house-in-libra/

This is from a Vedic source and I am not sure what the 2nd house means in the matter, if it is required for this effect to occur or not. But it does speak the the neutralizing power of Venus' dignity in combustion...

IleneK

Premium Member
Also, again Vedic source

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-...ts-own-sign-libra-in-first-house-gets-combust

What happens if planet Venus sitting in its own sign (libra) in first house gets combust?

Venus is powerful here,combustion actually means that if any planet comes closer to the sun ,as sun is more visible that planet near seems invisible.But in libra sun is not shiny and venus is already powerful so it doesnt effect much as venus is capble of retaining its ray.

ElenaJ

" the combustion effect given by Sun to Venus when a combination of them is placed in the second house of a horoscope in the sign of Libra is not very strong and hence Venus may not lose much of its power due to combustion, in this situation. This is due to the reason that Sun is debilitated in the sign of Libra and hence it gets weak due to such debilitation. Such debilitated Sun is not capable of burning out much strength of Venus and hence combust Venus placed in the second house of a horoscope in the sign of Libra may still retain much of its original strength."

https://www.astrologerpanditji.com/combust-venus-in-2nd-house-in-libra/

This is from a Vedic source and I am not sure what the 2nd house means in the matter, if it is required for this effect to occur or not. But it does speak the the neutralizing power of Venus' dignity in combustion...

Venus is natural ruler of the 2nd house by means of Taurus.

I had never read anything on this before, it sounds a little stretched. I can understand that Venus is strong and therefore could better hold its own position, but it would still be in a weak place by combustion.

Bunraku

Somewhere in the cobwebs of my memory, I seem to recall that if any planet is in its dignity, it is not burned/combusted by the Sun. Maybe because not only is it strong, but also it rules the Sun?
And maybe this is not so. :)

Anyone ever heard of this?
Yes. In Hellenistic astrology It’s called a planet being in their own chariot.
It’s domicile, exaltation, triplicity, or bounds prevent it from being combust.

It has more rules and aphorisms but that’s the definition behind it.