Astrology? The secret of Olympus?

Bradders

Before I blow your minds with way too information as I am quite the deep intense thinker, let's imagine the planets for a moment as the gods which the greeks and romans portrayed with the names in the sky, so:

Now give me a while I take a while to warm up:

Earth: Gaia

Mars: Ares

Jupiter: Zeus

Saturn: Cronos

Pluto: Hades

Sun: Apollo

Neptune: Poseidon

Uranus: Ouranos

Moon: Forgot the name of this one

Venus: Aphrodite

Now what if we transcripted the transits of the planets to influences of the actual Gods of ancient greek mythology?

The greeks knew one thing or two about astronomy and astrology. What if, like the bible where everything is synonymous. What if this is all what Astrology was based on in their mythology of the planets? For every myth has to come from somewhere.

Ouranos is also known as father sky, they say in greek mythology Chronos ate his own children to preserve himself: Now notice how Saturn is ringed?

There are also ancient sumerian texts that there used to exist a planet between mars and another planet called Lucifer, Lucifer they say fell to the earth and became a part of it: It's another clue

So what if Astrology, in it's reality, is really these metaphysically influencing dieties, the Gods themselves, in heaven, so to speak or Olympus, shall we call it and how the Gods or how the Greeks portrayed it, are the planets, but they were romanticized? What if Astrology was romanticized?

Now note I am quite a very erratic thinker, perhaps also due to being deeply Uranus ruled ( I have moon, venus, saturn all in Aquarius ) but I think I am onto something.

Would this infact, prove more of the evidence of Astrology? Because I personally believe Astrology is far more than what it seems: I believe there is metaphysical evidence behind it's science, much like how meditation influences the mind, the science of the vibrational field around all of us; how all is one.

No I am not placing Astrology within the 'New Age', I was a originating buddhist and never sought to join the New Age movement. Now a free thinker of my own concepts.

But just for a minute, am I on to something? We all know or atleast most of us each of the planets have a completely unique influence when they're in place, who is even to say the ancient battles of the gods and the titans and how they affected earth, were actually due to how the astrological dieties or planets, were synonymous with 'God' and 'Gods' fighting?

If you think squares and oppositions and the great rich wisdom of the early Greeks, you could see and ponder this analysis.

Edit:

I'm also completely aware of someone telling me this idea is not new, but still, it doesnt hurt to discuss it to learn more of it's evidential likelihood?

Last edited:

Slenkar

So Saturn eating his children, is 2 moons hitting Saturn and the debris forming the rings?

(I am sun and mercury in Aquarius, Libra rising)

kimbermoon

Native wisdom is all deep in symbolism as well, and I think it merits consideration. What might you say about having Apollo in Cancer, and 'La Luna' in Pisces?

Bradders

I personally have not heard that before!

I have done of alot of research online; I also meditate, so yes my point of view was arrived after much dissection and analysis.

I shall actually study that now.

http://www.livescience.com/32949-why-does-saturn-have-rings.html

^ something I found

Well, the moon, I've forgotten the deity for that. :S

If the sun was in Cancer, I think it would lend itself to Apollo himself being 'The God of Music', perhaps is indicating to itself, a vibrational metaphysical field which is occuring when the sun moves into the path of the Cancer constellation. The planets, among each other, each lending themselves to the same metaphysical transition of spiritual resonance resonating off of the planets and concurring their own sentient energy field to the earth.

If I am wrong, does the suns warmth have any concurrance to the planet's orbital path in the sky?

Apollo gives himself to 'being the charioteer who moves the sun' through the sky, but what if we placed this in the theory of a lighthouse, permeating through the planet and the sun, giving it metaphysical power?

( I'm a very erratic thinker lol )

We in fact can't just conclude Astrology is false as much as when the moon is full, people act different, it's a very real psychological phomonena that can't just be brushed away as 'illiterate nonsense'

Luna, interestingly enough, comes from lunacy or lunatic, which probably is the best explanation behind the solemn emotional trances people seem to enter through the astrological signs of the moon: The sign itself through the moon, imbues the inhabitants with it's own concurrent temperamentality.

Last edited:

Slenkar

One theory is that volcanoes caused these rings.
If some moons hit Saturn that would fit in with the theory

It has been suggested that the sumerian god tiamat represents a planet that hit earth.
Causing our moon to break off