Which house should I look at for a question about publishing?

Panik

I'm looking at the potential for success of a published book. I have an ascendant of 12 Leo. The Sun is on the MC - MC = 22' 23 Aries, Sun = 23' 43 Aries, conjunct Mars and Venus and applying (? I think!) to both.
So... I'm thinking the significator on an angle is a good thing? The MC/10th presumably represents the career side of my writing. But would a publishing matter be represented by the 9th house? Or is it - because the question is about the success of the venture (the book is already published) - more of a 10th house matter (in which case, can I conclude having the Sun very closely conjunct the MC is a good sign)?
Is there anything else I should be looking at? I know the Moon is important - she's also in the 10th, but not conjunct the Sun and separating (at 28 Taurus).

Much obliged for any help!

Attachments

• ENTS.jpg
    ENTS.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 44

Zarathu

Account Closed
I know the Moon is important - she's also in the 10th, but not conjunct the Sun and separating (at 28 Taurus).

Moon is very important; you can do the whole Horary using aspects of the Moon, except for one thing, Horary is a short term event. When we do horary time periods beyond about a year start moving the answer closer and closer to a 50/50 split on accuracy. You are asking something that will progress out into the future beyond a year, and more like a career, right? A vocational analysis for you might be a much better option.

Moon represents change, but short term change.

Now.... there might be a way to go beyond this, and I've never tried it because its really not horary. There are two other planets in the chart which represent change: Uranus and Pluto. Uranus represents unusual change, and Pluto represent once or twice in a life time change. It be possible to substitute the aspects of the Moon for the aspects of Uranus instead. As far as I know, no one has every taken all the short term prescriptions of the applying and everything to the Moon and substituted Uranus. Horary wouldn't have done it since Uranus wasn't even discovered until 1781 way after the basic rules of Horary were invented.

It might be interesting to check it out.

selfless

Banned
if u follow VEDIC ASTROLOGY, then follow 3rd house & which planets are sitting there, placement of third house's lord & which star it is attached to , where the star lord is sitting and Mercury.

rafaella

Your significator Sun exalted in 10th applying by conjunction to Mars in Aries in 10th - sure sign of success! Both planets have great dignity essentially and accidentally!! Moon is also exalted applying to Mercury in 9th.

What type of book is it? Genre? Jupiter, ruler of 5th for the book points to perhaps more non-fiction, I might be wrong...

best wishes to you!!!! :)

Panik

Thank you selfless. I'm afraid I know nothing about Vedic astrology. How does it apply to horary?

ETA: A quick glance at the Vedic forum has left me no wiser and more confused. :) It's clearly a very different kettle of fish to the astrology I'm used to and I'm having enough of a struggle with horary and a bit reluctant to muddy the waters even more.
3rd house has no planets at all. In Placidus, it's at the very tip of Leo. In Regiomontanus, it's in Virgo, so Mercury. But Stars, Star Lords...? I'm completely lost, sorry.

Last edited:

Panik

Thank you rafaella! I thought it looked pretty good myself, but I do tend to see the sunny side and overlook the bad and only see the good stuff in any chart. ;) I was fairrly sure the Sun was well placed, but I'm especially glad you think the Moon looks good; I was worried about that, being wide from the Sun and so late in Taurus.
The book is fiction, a fantasy - a ghost story, essentially, but with a deal of (real) quantum physics driving the main character. It was first published last summer, it did OK, but was hardly a spectacular success. It's undergone a re-haul and is due to be re-launched soon. I've never really tried horary before. I came across a link to it and the idea sparked in my head to ask a question about the success of Entanglement.

I'll definitely let everyone know how it turns out, whichever way it goes.

BTW - (sneaking in an extra question) Would the 11th house represent networking - Twitter, Facebook etc - in horary? Or is that more of a 3rd house thing? I have a lot of networking work to do when this book goes live again, also podcasting. Would those levels of subtelty even be shown in a horary chart - or is the chart just a yes/no answer to one specific question...?

Sorry if this sounds daft, I am very new to horary.

Panik

Thanks so much Zarathu. I know so little about horary - have you any advice on how I use the moon in timing? The question was about the success of a book I'm re-launching very soon (supposedly in a couple of weeks, though these things rarely go to plan). Both Sun and Moon are in 10th house, which I hoped was a good sign, though they don't aspect each other - which I thought might be bad, but Rafaella says, Moon is also exalted applying to Mercury in 9th. Applying... I don't really understand. I shall look it up, but that looks good...?

I'm intrigued by what you say about Uranus and Pluto. I know thery're not used in traditional Horary (but forgot to exclude them when I made the chart. I think it should be in Regiomontanus too. I tried that after, it didn't make too much of a difference) - so... you're saying, try Uranus/Pluto used in place of the moon in this horary chart (will my novel be a success on re-launch?) for timing...? (Again, I have to emphasise, I'm a COMPLETE beginner at this so please bear with me if I'm not getting this).

Uranus is in 9th house (publishing), Pluto in 5th (creativity?) They square each other, of course. Uranus is sextile Jupiter (that's got to be good for publishing, I'd think. Jupiter's in 11th, which I'm hoping = a good sign for all the social networking, blogging and podcasting I'm being advised to do). Pluto doesn't seem to be making any aspects at all, other than the square. That doesn't look so good.

Urm... I have no idea what I'm doing! :D

Aquarius358

I'm looking at the potential for success of a published book. I have an ascendant of 12 Leo. The Sun is on the MC - MC = 22' 23 Aries, Sun = 23' 43 Aries, conjunct Mars and Venus and applying (? I think!) to both.
So... I'm thinking the significator on an angle is a good thing? The MC/10th presumably represents the career side of my writing. But would a publishing matter be represented by the 9th house? Or is it - because the question is about the success of the venture (the book is already published) - more of a 10th house matter (in which case, can I conclude having the Sun very closely conjunct the MC is a good sign)?
Is there anything else I should be looking at? I know the Moon is important - she's also in the 10th, but not conjunct the Sun and separating (at 28 Taurus).

Yes, a significator on an angle is usually strong and good but it can depend on what the question is of course. Do we need you to be strong or the creative work?

I always use 5 ruler as the 'creative project' - whatever its form. In this case, it's Jupiter which is also the general ruler of publishing. Coincidentally, in this chart, Jupiter is also 9 ruler, your publisher and he's in a good house, the 11th.

10 ruler Mars is combust but he's in his own Sign and Term. Also, unfortunately, he's separating from Jupiter.

The Sun here on the 10th is on good testimony of success, especially since he's in his exaltation and triplicity and Face and is strong and the fact that the 2 luminaries are above the horizon is also positive.

Moon has to change Signs into Gemini before she will conjunct Jupiter in his Detriment. So, there'll be a change and, because of this mix, I would agree that there'll be some measured form of success. _____

aquarius7000

Hi,

For success, housewise always look at the 10th house. For writing/publishing, look at the 3rd-9th axis. Moon, as we all know, is the engine of every kind of Horary chart.

As an aside, undeniably, Horary, why even Astrology as a whole, is a traditional field/Science. Re the link between Horary and Uranus, though, the outer planets were not discovered back in William Lilly's days. That, however, does not mean that they did not exist. That we, man, did not have the Science (powerful telescopes) to discover and study those planets astronomically, hence astrologically either, was the main issue. Even today, we are discovering asteroids/planetoids, etc, which we did not know about until 5 yrs ago. The universe is too huge for man to even get to understand a 100th of it. That is our handicap, or we would want to lord it over the universe. That keeps us humble.

:)AQ7

Panik

Thank you Aquarius 358. The question wasn't about creativity or even publishing, in the sense the book is complete and already published. It was doing so-so, but hadn't made much of an impact, so I've had it re-edited and am about to re-launch with a new look, new slant, new publicity - I'm organising some signings and readings for the summer, I'm doing a lot of social networking, things like that. So the question was: will the re-launch of my novel be a success? Would you still consider that a 5th house matter? Or is it 9th (publishing), 10th (success, career), or even 11th (networking)?

...and triplicity and Face and is strong...
I have no idea what this means. I shall away and Google.
Thanks so much for your help.

Panik

aquarius7000 - Thank you. So... do think we should include the outer planets in horary, or stick with the tried and true?

aquarius7000

Hi,

Panik, don't panic. With an exalted Sun and Moon in the 10th, just do your work well.
aquarius7000 - Thank you. So... do think we should include the outer planets in horary, or stick with the tried and true?
The tried is not always true, but in this case, from what we know of the works of Lilly, Ptolemy, et al is is true, or at least tried. It is true to a large extent, since, at the time, the outers were undiscovered. I, for my part, use the outers in Horary only if they are very angular in one of the relevant houses, or sometimes, bang on the Asc. For e.g. if Pluto in this chart were to be sitting right on the Asc, it could mean this book could make you or break you after its relaunch. But that is not the case in the attached chart.

Best
:)AQ7