Relationship impasse...

ethertwist

I'm currently at an impasse in a relationship that I'm trying to make sense of and was hoping astrology could clue me into its potential. :rightful:

I've been involved with someone on and off over the past year that I'm intensely attracted to on all levels and we hit a rough patch last Fall just as Saturn was squaring my Venus and conjunct his Moon. We didn't talk for a couple of months, but now we're slowly reconnecting again, although it's still very nebulous. Now I'm wondering if we have the astrological indicators of a long-term, sustainable relationship or are our differences simply too vast to reconcile? What I'm currently lacking is objectivity, which is usually the case when emotions are involved and I'm attached to a particular outcome.

We have some dynamic aspects between our charts, a few of which seem like they could be quite problematic:

-->He has a Capricorn ascendant and I have a Leo ascendant and they are quincunx within a 2* orb. I'm a 12th house Cancer Sun (weakly aspected) with the Moon as the most elevated and aspected in my chart, so in many ways, I come across as more Cancer than Leo.

-->His chart ruler, Saturn, is exactly opposite my Sun, which is my chart ruler! Is this classically considered one of the astrological "deal breakers" or can it also be seen as a binding agent that compelled us to unite in the first place? I've read that Sun-Saturn aspects in Synastry, although problematic, are common in long-term relationships. Have others found this to be true? There's a substantial age difference between us, which this aspect might also be indicative of.

-->We have the following exact or nearly exact aspects between our personal planets: My Venus trines his Sun and his Venus squares my Sun. His Moon squares my Venus and trines my Mars. His Mars exactly trines my Sun. His Mercury squares my Sun and my Mercury squares his Sun. The Sun-Mercury squares and the Moon-Venus square have definitely lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings at times. Our communication styles are different and I consider him hard to read, while I wear my heart on my sleeve.

-->His Sun and Neptune are opposite my Moon and Chiron. Since Neptune is involved, I definitely have my doubts about whether or not the feelings are entirely mutual or if I'm viewing the relationship as it truly is and not how I wish to see it. He's not very forthcoming with his emotions because of his upbringing and past hurts. In some ways, I'm drawn to his vulnerabilities and his "wounds" and have the desire to help them with those issues.

-->His Pluto trines my Moon and his Pluto is exactly conjunct my North Node (and my Saturn off by a degree). I believe this amplifies the intensity level between us, almost too much at times.

Our composite chart actually looks pretty good and when we click, it's magic! I still have two more passes of Saturn square my natal Venus and then he'll have it conjuncting his Venus/Mercury as it squares my Sun, so potentially more "stormy weather" ahead for us both.

I appreciate any and all insight that can be provided, whether by illuminating something I may have missed or am not seeing or by pointing out any "triggers" that might be up ahead that could mark a turning point in our relationship. I wasn't sure if this should go in the 'Read My Chart' forum or here, so I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken.

For pronoun sake, this is a gay relationship.

Thank you kindly!
:smile:

Our charts:
Mine, his, synastry, composite

Attachments

• mechart.jpg
    mechart.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 20
  • partnerchart.jpg
    partnerchart.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 20
  • mepartnerchart.jpg
    mepartnerchart.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 20
  • mepartnercomposite.jpg
    mepartnercomposite.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

rahu

Banned
the emotional/physical attraction is very strong between you.the mars/venus conjunct also includes lilth so not only are the physical sensation intense,there is a feeling of completion,a feeling of finding a missing emotional part of yourself that you diodn't know you have.
with neptune square to this conjunction,the sexual/psychic/spitirtual feelings are overwhelming. so you are very intune mentally/psychically and emotionally when it is clicking.
with the venus/mars conjunction sextile to jupiter,there is a feeling of potential exclusiveness.and with the sun/mercury conjunction sextile to saturn, the practical and financial side of the relationship seem good.
with moon sextile to pluto and trine to neptune,there is an amazing supportive,healing sensitivity between you.

but neptune square also symbolized deception in relationships so it seems here his interest in others physically is stronger than th eemotional bonds.also neptune can show a very intense party life along with the attentant party favors.

so the impasse means that currently he is out with others and over indulging in the High Life.and likely lying or just not saying anything to you.

i am afraid the temptation of the times are stronger that the fraility of human attachment.

rahu

Last edited:

ethertwist

the emotional/physical attraction is very strong between you.the mars/venus conjunct also includes lilth so not only are the physical sensation intense,there is a feeling of completion,a feeling of finding a missing emotional part of yourself that you diodn't know you have.
with neptune square to this conjunction,the sexual/psychic/spitirtual feelings are overwhelming. so you are very intune mentally/psychically and emotionally when it is clicking.
with the venus/mars conjunction sextile to jupiter,there is a feeling of potential exclusiveness.and with the sun/mercury conjunction sextile to saturn, the practical and financial side of the relationship seem good.
with moon sextile to pluto and trine to neptune,there is an amazing supportive,healing sensitivity between you.

but neptune square also symbolized deception in relationships so it seems here his interest in others physically is stronger than th eemotional bonds.also neptune can show a very intense party life along with the attentant party favors.

so the impasse means that currently he is out with others and over indulging in the High Life.and likely lying or just not saying anything to you.

i am afraid the temptation of the times are stronger that the fraility of human attachment.

rahu

rahu!

Thank you so much for responding!

You've given me much to think about and are spot on about the level of attraction and sense of "completeness". I don't think he's out partying as he's very emotionally worn down at the moment due to the stressors of his business and some serious family issues, but I do question his level of commitment and not sure he sees fidelity the same way I do. I think in general, he's afraid to get too involved out of fear of getting hurt. I will have to look deeper into that Neptune square. Out of curiosity, what about that square in particular hints that his interests (sexual or otherwise) lay elsewhere?

Much appreciation again...
:biggrin:

rahu

Banned
neptune square to mars specifically i soften associated with hidden affairs or relationship in a composite.venus square neptune can also show infidelity. so this aspect implies interest in others by either of you.

rahu

ethertwist

neptune square to mars specifically i soften associated with hidden affairs or relationship in a composite.venus square neptune can also show infidelity. so this aspect implies interest in others by either of you.

rahu

Thanks rahu! It must be him because I'm not currently interested in anyone else or really want to be at the moment. Regardless of whether or not he's seeing other people, I suppose it essentially comes down to the fact that he may not be as invested in the relationship as I am(?). :pouty:

I so appreciate you taking the time to look at our composite and offering some really valuable insight! :smile:

Vista

I'm currently at an impasse in a relationship that I'm trying to make sense of and was hoping astrology could clue me into its potential. :rightful:

I've been involved with someone on and off over the past year that I'm intensely attracted to on all levels and we hit a rough patch last Fall just as Saturn was squaring my Venus and conjunct his Moon. We didn't talk for a couple of months, but now we're slowly reconnecting again, although it's still very nebulous. Now I'm wondering if we have the astrological indicators of a long-term, sustainable relationship or are our differences simply too vast to reconcile? What I'm currently lacking is objectivity, which is usually the case when emotions are involved and I'm attached to a particular outcome.

We have some dynamic aspects between our charts, a few of which seem like they could be quite problematic:

-->He has a Capricorn ascendant and I have a Leo ascendant and they are quincunx within a 2* orb. I'm a 12th house Cancer Sun (weakly aspected) with the Moon as the most elevated and aspected in my chart, so in many ways, I come across as more Cancer than Leo.

-->His chart ruler, Saturn, is exactly opposite my Sun, which is my chart ruler! Is this classically considered one of the astrological "deal breakers" or can it also be seen as a binding agent that compelled us to unite in the first place? I've read that Sun-Saturn aspects in Synastry, although problematic, are common in long-term relationships. Have others found this to be true? There's a substantial age difference between us, which this aspect might also be indicative of.

-->We have the following exact or nearly exact aspects between our personal planets: My Venus trines his Sun and his Venus squares my Sun. His Moon squares my Venus and trines my Mars. His Mars exactly trines my Sun. His Mercury squares my Sun and my Mercury squares his Sun. The Sun-Mercury squares and the Moon-Venus square have definitely lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings at times. Our communication styles are different and I consider him hard to read, while I wear my heart on my sleeve.

-->His Sun and Neptune are opposite my Moon and Chiron. Since Neptune is involved, I definitely have my doubts about whether or not the feelings are entirely mutual or if I'm viewing the relationship as it truly is and not how I wish to see it. He's not very forthcoming with his emotions because of his upbringing and past hurts. In some ways, I'm drawn to his vulnerabilities and his "wounds" and have the desire to help them with those issues.

-->His Pluto trines my Moon and his Pluto is exactly conjunct my North Node (and my Saturn off by a degree). I believe this amplifies the intensity level between us, almost too much at times.

Our composite chart actually looks pretty good and when we click, it's magic! I still have two more passes of Saturn square my natal Venus and then he'll have it conjuncting his Venus/Mercury as it squares my Sun, so potentially more "stormy weather" ahead for us both.

I appreciate any and all insight that can be provided, whether by illuminating something I may have missed or am not seeing or by pointing out any "triggers" that might be up ahead that could mark a turning point in our relationship. I wasn't sure if this should go in the 'Read My Chart' forum or here, so I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken.

For pronoun sake, this is a gay relationship.

Thank you kindly!
:smile:

Our charts:
Mine, his, synastry, composite

Since Saturn is his ASC ruler and you broke up under Saturn conjunct his natal Moon(you are also Moon) and Saturn is Rx and moving towards his Moon ruler of his 7th, I would definitely say that he is coming back around again, however I do not believe it will last because when it goes direct it will become an exact conjunction to his natal Moon, in addition you will now have Transiting Uranus also squaring his natal DEC as well as T Pluto doing the same all around July/August. I am afraid it will be very difficult to keep the relationship together under these transits. In fact, T Uranus will be squaring his natal ASC/DEC on and off for the next couple years. I'm sorry!!
icon9.gif

Last edited:

ethertwist

Since Saturn is his ASC ruler and you broke up under Saturn conjunct his natal Moon(you are also Moon) and Saturn is Rx and moving towards his Moon ruler of his 7th, I would definitely say that he is coming back around again, however I do not believe it will last because when it goes direct it will become an exact conjunction to his natal Moon, in addition you will now have Transiting Uranus also squaring his natal DEC as well as T Pluto doing the same all around July/August. I am afraid it will be very difficult to keep the relationship together under these transits. In fact, T Uranus will be squaring his natal ASC/DEC on and off for the next couple years. I'm sorry!!
icon9.gif

Please don't be sorry, I'm so grateful for all the objective input. Thank you! :smile: I too have noticed that the upcoming tansits don't bode well for us and I'm slowly coming to terms with that and surrendering my attachment to my desired outcome. I'm not shutting the door to it by any means, but I'm just letting things unfold as they will and riding it out until it's reached a natural conclusion. He's got Pluto hovering over his Ascendant, so he's going through a metamorphosis of sorts and with Saturn moving over his Libra planets, he will surely come out of all this changed in some way and it's quite difficult to maintain romantic relationships when your life is in total flux. You did bring something to my attention that I had missed and that's the fact that Uranus will be squaring his Descendant. Eek! :andy:

Last edited: