Chinese New Year 2010 - Year of Tiger Chinese Astrology

Master Tsai

O_Tiger175X.jpg

Year 2010 is the year of Metal Tiger Year. 2010 Chinese New Year Day is on February 14, 2010 in China's time zone. This day is a new moon day, and is the first day of the first Chinese lunar month in the Chinese Lunar Calendar system. The exact new moon time is at 10:52 on 14-Feb-10 in China time zone.

If we apply Chinese lunar calendar system on the USA time zones, we find something interesting here. In the US Eastern Standard Time (EST), the new moon time is at 21:52 of 13-Feb-10. In the US Pacific Standard Time (PST), the new moon time is at 18:52 of 13-Feb-10. Therefore, the Chinese New Year Day for USA time zones is on February 13, 2010.

The first of Chinese Astrological Year is not on the Chinese New Year Day. In China's time zone, the first day of the Chinese astrological Metal Tiger Year is February 4, 2010, because February 4th, 2010 is the first day of Tiger month and the Tiger month is the first month of the year in Chinese Fortune-Telling Calendar system.

In the Chinese Fortune-Telling calendar, the first day of the first month, Tiger month, is called "Start of Spring", which is when the sun enters the 315th degree on the tropical zodiac. In the China's time zone, the time of the Start of Spring is at Feb-04 06:47. So the first day of the White Tiger year 2010 is on 04-Feb-09.

The time of the Start of Spring is on Feb-03 at 17:47 for US EST zone and on Feb-03 at 14:47 for US PST zone. So the first day of White Tiger Year in USA is on 03-Feb-2010.

This is because Chinese Four Pillar Five Element astrology uses the solar calendar, no the lunar calendar. Many people don't realize this; they think Chinese astrology should use the Lunar Calendar until they build a wrong Chinese astrology birth chart. If a person was born on February 5, 2010, before Chinese New Year Day, then his or her birth year animal sign is Tiger, not Ox. More about Chinese Astrology Calendar is at http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/clc/LunarCalendar.htm

To predict people's Chinese horoscope 2010 using animal sign for 2010, it will describe using animal characteristics, such as "Chinese say one mountain cannot abide two tigers. That means there can only have one king in the nation. Tiger is a vigorous and ferocious animal. One Tiger is a symbol of power and authority. Two Tigers mean fighting for power. The loser will become powerless. Therefore, it's a taboo for Tiger people meet the Tiger of zodiac year. This implies 2010 is not a good year for Tiger people. Friendship, love relationship, money management, career position or power competition might be damaged in 2010."

But the traditional Chinese astrology prediction from Chinese fortunetellers are using the Chinese Five Element theory.
I wrote one for 2010 at http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/2010ChineseHoroscope.htm

If you are interesting about Chinese New Year festivals, then my Chinese New Year Questions and Answers page convers lots of information at http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/NewYear.htm

Happy Chinese New Year!

byjove

Account Closed
Hi!

It's wonderful to see some more excitement about the New Year! Year of the Metal (white) Tiger, no? Fast pace of year, many changes, no?

And could you teach us or refer us to where we could learn about deeper Chinese astrology?

E.g. I know I was born in the year of the Yin Fire Rabbit. I also know I was born
in the month of the Dragon, day of Metal Tiger and Hour of the Horse. But I
would like to learn about the importance of each animal. I find there is little useful information on this on the internet in English, though I bet there's plenty in Chinese. I would love to learn more!

starlink

Master Tsai, thank you for this explanation. I am always very interested in Chinese astrology (and China also).
This implies 2010 is not a good year for Tiger people.
Now, my Son is a Tiger, a night Tiger and indeed, his Solar Return for this year has the Descendant of his natal chart on the Ascendant of the Solar Return chart, which usually is an indication of a difficult year ahead. Oh boy, and now you are also saying that a Tiger in a Tiger year is unfortunate. I thought that it would be the opposite actually, that when you get into your own year, that this would help you. I read something about that ages ago.

Nevertheless, his year started badly indeed. He has great problems in his job and I am worried for him as he had a burn-out in December. He just HAS to find another job or he will get ill again. Not easy right now.

I would love to learn more!

Yes, so do I! By Jove, do you know a site where I could look up about the month and the day animals? I only know I am a Fire Pig.:) but no idea what the rest is.

starlink

Oh wait, I just opened the link Master Tsai gave, but must have a good look on how it all works.

Would this Tiger year be less or worse for a Tiger if they are of a different element? Like a water Tiger or Fire Tiger in this Tiger year? Lots of questions.....

I just looked at the first link in Masters post. What struck me, is that for a Tiger, you get this Aquarius/Pisces as astrology name. Now the Ascendant of my son is indeed Pisces.
For myself, Pig, you see Scorpio/Sagittarius and my Ascendant is Scorpio.
Is this a coincidence?

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Info. on this in English is poor...what I've found is scattered across many websites, and I can't remember half of them. But I found these to help move on from just the animal year:

Basic info. on a Chinese chart
http://www.kjfengshui.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64&Itemid=84

Info. on the houses and areas of life
http://www.aryabhatt.com/occult/chineseastro.htm

One of my fav. Chinese Astro. authors and good info.
http://suzannewhite.com/

Recent Chinese Astrology Forum with book references
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12403

Most of what I've learned has come from books which I've listed in
the above forum link. I know a little about the importance of the hour, day, month and year, but can't be the most knowledgeable one on that on here, if anyone does what want to know, we can go into that on here!:biggrin:

Last edited:

starlink

Master Tsai, I went over all your links and it is the first time I understand anything clearly about the way Chinese Astrology is done. This is fantastic!! Thank you very much for this. I will use it in combination with the Western astrology charts from now on. What a find!!
Very unfortunate (I think) is my son. According to the charts, he is a White Tiger (oh oh!!) born in the year of the Green Tiger. And now in this White Tiger year, could this be extra bad you think? I still have to find which animals represent the month of the year so see which months are lucky for him. He actually never had much luck in his work, always ends up in companies which go bust or where he gets very unfairly treated. (like doing an enormous amount of work for a lousy pay,and when he leaves the company he finds out that his successor is getting double his pay for the same work.) I must study this stuff more. I am all excited about it:)

starlink

Thanks a lot ByJove! I have noted down all the links. In the meantime I found the month I was looking for. This is really nice dont you think? I know now for the first time that I am a Green Monkey, Red (fire)Pig and Wood combination and that horse and snake are my lucky animals.That April and May will be my lucky months and that I should wear more RED! Ha ha, it so happens that I love red.

Master Tsai

Not all People born in year of Tiger have bad luck in year 2010. They might have good luck in 2010, if their Luck Element is Wood or Fire, depending the Five element and animal combinations in the birth chart.

Most of Chinese horoscope websites tell people luck by animal signs. It’s easy to understand the predictions that way. But we cannot know too much about career or money luck from those animals. The professional Chinese fortunetellers predict people fortune using Yin Yang Five Elements (Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth) Balance Theory.

The Balance Theory is a simpler and quicker way to understand the whole picture of Chinese Five Element Astrology.

We can calculate the Five Element weights from a Chinese astrology birth chart. If the score of Wood is zero or close to zero, then we know the person is lack of Wood. The person needs more Wood to balance his or her Five Elements. In Chinese astrology, we call Wood is the Lucky Element. That means the cycle of Wood will bring the person luck. Year 2010 is a Tiger year. Tiger contains mainly Wood. Therefore, Year of Tiger will benefit people lack of Wood - no matter that the people were born in Tiger Year or not.

How to know our Five Element scores? You can find the answer at http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/chineseastrology.htm

The key of Chinese astrology is to find the Lucky Element. There are different methods to help us to determine the Lucky Element. Please read http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/5EBasic.htm

However, The Five Element Score Balance Theory doesn’t work for everyone, but it will work for at least 70% cases. The Daily Chinese astrology uses Strong-Weak Method at http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/DailyChineseHoroscope.htm

If the fortune of a child is predicted bad, then either something bad will happen on him or his close relative. Therefore, if the child is healthy, then pay attention on the health of grandparents.

Last edited:

starlink

Thank you very much for your answer to this Master T. My son's element is indeed WOOD, so I am a bit less worried now. I will look through all your links, very helpful, and then see what I can expect:). Maybe the Strong-Weak method will give me more information.

Starlink

byjove

Account Closed
Lucky element eh? How do we 'harness' it to boost what we're lacking? I read that (I don't know if it continues) that Chinese people have often incorporated the missing element into the child's name...isn't that interesting? Hmm

byjove

Account Closed
Oh, and by the way........just a month ago, I was reading all about how the Year of the Tiger would bring changes to many things, at times the year would be a bit hectic. Reading that a month ago, things were pretty quiet. Now? Things are definitely on the move....I've had multiple job interviews (and offers) and a see a
solution to current problems. We're only 2 weeks into the Month of the Tiger, and it's Chinese New Year tomorrow, and already it's quite clear what the year brings ahead, the changes are already in the air...:joyful:

starlink

Yes, this will be a very interesting (difficult I guess) year, as also the total Mooneclipse at 10° Cancer/Capricornon the 31st of December predicted.

In 1945 there was also a Mooneclipse and a January Sun eclipse(24°Capricorn) observed and President Roosevelt died. The Sun of the USA (13° Cancer) is being triggered by these Moon and Sun eclipses (the Nodes axis) .
And president Kennedy was also killed (22 nov.'63) very shortly before the Mooneclipse , also end December 1963 when the Moonnode axis transited over the USA Sun. (same with Roosevelt)
So in both cases, this Moonnode transit caused far-reaching changes in the presidency of the USA. I read this in an astrological magazine I am subscribed to.

Almost 1 day after I posted here, my son got a severe anxiety attack and this also happened in the 2nd half of December, so I guess that Moon Eclipse can be felt already quite a while before. Anyways, this is not Chinese astrology, but I just wanted to mention it.

fensi88

Can someone clear to me what is my lucky element:

picture.php

If I use suggestion on that site, my lucky elemnt are Fire and Wood, but I saw some examples of reading similar chart in this manner: "In this chart we have profusely Metal and because we can not beat it we must join it, so your lucky element is Metal??"

Please clear this to me so I will finaly know how 2010 year will be for me.
Thanks.

starlink

Very good question Goca! I think the Master has to explain this for you (us)as indeed, it sounds like "joining", but that wont balance out the chart doesn't it. The idea of the Lucky element is balancing the "too much" of other elements. I go along with the saying: "That which you cannot beat should be joined" (what else can one do after all) but I would think that then one element gets too dominant which cant be good either. Lets wait and hope Master Tsai can explain this a bit further. In the
meantime he gave us this link which has a calculator in order to find your lucky element.(his last post to me).
http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/5EBasic.htm

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.co...eastrology.htm

Last edited:

fensi88

I am not master of chinese asytrology but to me (in case like this) it si logic that lucky element for me must be Water to help Metal to realise this power energy through creative endevers. And then with "help" of Water I will have more Wood, more Wood produce more Fire and so on, I think in that case my chart will be more balanced. But lets see what others more experienced has to tell and explain.

starlink

Master Tsai, a small question. In the daily horoscope, it is said that you must put in your Nick name, not your real name, but I had several Nicknames in the past, given to me by my father, my exhusband and my best girlfriend, but right now nobody is calling me by any of those nick names anymore. So what do I do, just put my own name in? I also saw that by putting in all the different nick names, I got the same answers, so I guess that the birthday is still the most important one.:)