Change Your Sign!

konijn

EvilPixyScorp said:
Lots of Water heavy people like me included, would LOVE to be more Airy!
I envy the stereotypical Air qualities...

I would keep my Sagittarius Rising, and move either the .

I dont, Im mostly water mixed with fire and I love that! I cant find myself in Air at all and I cant even spend too much time with airy people

I would keep my sag rising too!

But I have to say Im not always social like air people as you say, but when I need to I use my fire abilities (if that makes sense)

Kingsley

One could always relocate. Its taken a very long time to like-love my chart and I am very happy to stick with it now.

Aries Sun, Taurus Asc, Aquarius Moon

loonymoon

Being a Leo is cool, I'd move my Sun a bit forward in Leo though so it'll leave the 8th house and be in the 9th.

What I'd change is my stellium in Cancer. I'd keep my Cancer Mercury becuase it has some advantages. Cancer Mars though is really ineffective and too preoccupied with self defence, I'd move it to curious Aquarius, but since that's impossible I'd move it to... don't know, anywhere that isn't Cancer, Leo would be fine. This way it will also leave the 8th house.

Don't want a Leo stellium though so I'd move my Leo Venus to Libra which seems to me easier in love - no need for constant passion, drama, heat and mutual adoration, and this way also my Venus will leave the 8th house - really good news :cool:

But the biggy is my Cancer Moon - that's worse than Cancer Sun, all that emotion and sensitivity and vulnerability and dreaminess, utterly useless. No point in moving it to a fire sign since both my Sun and Asc are in fire signs. Wouldn't like it to be in an Air sign cause it might get too restless and detached. Out of the Earth signs Capricorn is too difficult and with Virgo I have some experience, my chart ruler being in Virgo, don't want more of this obsession with details, so I'd move my Moon to Taurus. That won't leave much water in my chart, but I guess I could get used to it :rolleyes:

But most importantly, Saturn square my Sun and Mars :30:- after moving my Sun & Mars that won't be there anymore yiiiipeiiii :cheers:

No Satrun squares, no 8th house stellium, no Cancer stellium - life is beginning to seem beautiful :D

Happy new birthday!

:happybday:

loonymoon

23 said:
Also, I'm tired of being so airy. I have no grounding. I am tired of being an Aquarian. A wierd loner that no one understands.
I think this might have more to do with Saturn in the 4th and its aspects. I have Saturn in the 4th, along with Chiron, and I feel like a weird loner no one understands, and I'm a Leo. This afflicted 4th house can make it difficult to develop a "home-base", both within yourself and with others, and feel you belong, feel you are at home somewhere, or with some people, and have roots. The 4th house is a water house that has to do with emotions and is related to your childhood, childhood family and home, the people with which you created the first emotional bonds in your life. Saturn in the 4th usually indicates something was difficult there, in your childhood home and family, emotional bonding and the sense of belonging and being loved might have been missing in some way. Then you may grow into a lonely adult that has difficulties trusting other people, letting them in and bonding with them, feel you belong, there are a lot of defences, this could create a strong sense of emotional loneliness even if you're surrounded with people. Being different is actually being an individual, but it feels like it separates you from other people because the ability to experience oneself as a separate individual while still belonging to the group was not developed with the usual prcoess of individuation within a family, with deep healthy roots that are not lost as one developes a separate indentity.

Of course, each individual copes with it or escapes it in different ways. If you have air pronounced in your chart you might choose an airy pattern to avoid or try to cope with human relationships - detachment, for instance, or living solely or mostly in your head - things that might be natural to you, but that you also use further, in an exaggerated manner, to defend yourself and find escape from the confusing emotional world you didn't acquire the tools to deal with in your childhood. Having a lot of water won't necessarily make it easier to deal with, it might even make it more accute because the person needs more emotionally and is more vulnerable. I detach too, have very few friends, no one I really talk to anymore, and not because I don't meet people who like me and want to get closer, but I feel friends are mostly a burden and that I can't be myself with them because I'm a bit "different", I don't look for friends either, I mean people that might be more like me and that I won't feel I can't be myself with, I prefer being alone, and I'm very watery.

I don't think air signs are emotion-less. I think they are less in touch with their feelings and the feeling of others, less aware of feelings, compared with water signs, but being more in touch with feelings is something one can learn.

loonymoon

River said:
i love how the scorpios and leos dont want to change a thing hahaha
they're all "i'm good..thanx " maybe i need some leo in my chart :D
Well, I have a Leo Sun, a Cancer Moon, a Sag Asc, ruler in Virgo plus 2 other "generational" planets, a 8th house stellium and I identify with a lot of Scorpio stuff. I just think the Leo part is the easiest for me to live with, even more than Sag. That's why I like it. The Virgo part is active mostly in my 9th house and it's good because it complements the Leo/Sag "big picture" with details and critical thinking, but don't want to even imagine what it's like to live with it in all aspects of life. The 8th house is endlessly complex and I believe it does give me some idea of what it's like to be a Scorp, I prefer not to, thank you very much. The Cancer stellium part to me is a bummer. I recognize the upsides but to me it just doesn't worth the trouble. The Sag could be cool if it would make me like traveling and adventure and be an optimist, but in my case I look for meaning, I also have the ruler in my 9th house, and looking for a meaning that isn't there isn't too easy to live with. Besides, I need a lot of freedom which can interfere with all kinds of commitments, not to mention the conflicting needs with the Cancer Moon.

Leo just doesn't have too many downsides relatively, if one wants to actually have fun sometimes and not be too tormented. It's not a gloomy sign, not too complex compared with, say, Scorpio, it is emotional enough, but not TOO emotional, it certainly isn't detached and isn't emotionally shallow, but also not as emotionally deep as to really destroy you, it's quite confident, although maybe not as confident as the Leo would like you to think, it's energetic and lively, passionate, but not detructively. And it's fixed which is cool with me, I like stability, stability is really cool, I miss stability. But it isn't TOO stable, like Taurus for instance. And there's also a good potential for liking yourself :p (unless Saturn squares your Sun or some such) which is important - liking yourself is really the basis for a good life. Of course, like all other signs Leo has its own issues and problems, if I'll think hard enough I'll probably come up with some ;), but compared with the other signs I personally experience I'd like to identify more with my Leo Sun, discover more the Leo in me. It's sunny and positive, radiant and warm. In short, highly recommended to most people ;)

I have a capricorn sun.....seems so boring or executive like.....I just see capricorns dressed in grey going to the office..... (not that I am like that at all)

I would like a bit of OOMMPH next to my aqua rising......scorp sounds good, or so does a bit of fire..........

Such a funny concept that site.......works for some i guess!

magj-kat

i am a nice mixture of leo fire, aquarian air,cancer water, and virgo earth..and i feel quite balanced..
don't think i would change a thing.

Astrocurious

I would probably tone down the scorpio moon and mars in Gemini a bit(Sometimes I feel more airheady than the grounded earthy Capricorn which is my sun sign, wonder why that is? :D)... other than that I'm happy with Cap(sun), Leo(rising), Scorp(moon) etc etc. Still in the process of understanding the terminology like conjunct(I believe that's when the planets meet together), trine, square, sextile, etc.:D I bought a book about it but haven't finished reading it, too many things on my plate here:D.

Last edited:

Scorplovely

I would prefer not to change my Sun Sign Scorpio. But if I had to I would prefer to be a Leo. Well, I would like to change my rising sign Cancer, I would prefer it to be Leo or maybe Scorpio. Nothing against Cancers just would change mine.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,

And if you prod him, lets it go?
A fervent friend, a subtle foe
Scorpio

smilingsteph

I have a very hard time making up my mind, with all of my air influences. I also have a hard time staying on track with things. I think I would like to be an aries, I think that this sign sort of encompasses all I am not.

Cryxellis

So it means you better change your birth date in order to change your sign?
That was interesting, but I like my sign the way it is.. scorpio rocks:p;)

Styx

I'm happy with my aries sun and venus, but i kinda dislike my virgo moon. I would have loved to have a scorpio or leo moon.
Also I hate my cancer asc, a leo or scorpio asc would have been nice

nejispirit

I found this topic and just had to add in ;);

First I suppose I'll detail a bit about myself, I am an Aries sun, Aries moon with Virgo rising whom has all her inner planets *minus* Mars in the 8th- along with a ton of asteroids there too :D. So yes, you could say I'm just *teensy* bit Aries, eh :p?

I do like my Scorpio 3rd house, with Saturn and Pluto there (a nice Pluto conj Vesta aspect is there) and I have always wondered what it would be like to be a Scorpio sun whose main house was the 3rd- I find the 3rd house quite fascinating, what with it being the one of Communication (between neighbors, siblings, just in general- like a giant telephone pole) and I'm sure I could make good use it if I had it for, say a day.

Hm, as far as other signs go, perhaps it would be fun to be a Sagittarius sun for a day, or an air sign, like Gemini- I have always wondered what it might be like to be my brother for a day or so (Gemini/Scorpio moon/Cancer rising) and I think I would love to go back to my old Aries self once I found out once :rolleyes:.

Or maybe, if I was feeling brave enough (ahem), I'd like to try out my rising sign for a day and be a Virgo~ I'm not sure how that would work out, perhaps I'd like to a Virgo longer than any other sign (trying it out at least) because I am already so close to it :p.