Something sick you don't want to know about

aleth3ia

Banned
I don’t know if you’ve heard of this one, it’s the new internet suicide game for kids, spread from Russia back in 2015.
It works like this: the kid is contacted by someone who won’t reveal his identity and is addressed to as “curator”, the “curator” picks the kids online by studying if they could be potential victims, and once the contact is made, the curator asks the victim if they want to play, the prize, or better the price, of the game is taking one’s life. That’s how you win.

From that moment on, there are 50 days in which the “curator” will give the kid a daily task, varying from self mutilation, watching horror movies all day, waking up every day at 4.00 am to watch psychedelic and horror videos before school, not talking to anyone, drawing and cutting into one’s arm a whale, and other things.. in the end, on the edge of the human level of endurance, on the 50th day the kids are told to jump off the highest buildings of their town, and if they’ve arrived that far.. chances are they’ll do it.
The most disturbing thing in all this sick plot is that, all that is done must be recorder, and sent to the “curator” to prove him you’re doing your homeworks. The scene of death must be recorded as well, and it’s usually other kids to record the live suicides of their “friends”, and then they upload the videos on their profiles with phrases such has “he won”.

The level of psychological manipulation is here at its peaks, not only are the kids pushed into taking their lives, but the “game” methodology makes it look cool, so that the kids will look at that as something to try…, one of the rules of the game is to never mention it with anyone, except with other “whales”; and that’s even why the parents, and the people around don’t realize what’s happening.

The sick mind behind this is a 22 years old Russian guy, a student of psychology, who’s been incarcerated, and from jail he commented his actions saying “I do not regret it, these kids were the trash of society, I’ve done the cleansing”. But if he’s in jail now, the movement he created is still active and in 2 years spread from Russia to America, all around the internet.

More than160 kids already have committed suicide embracing this sick game. Get informed and watch out… the whale symbology is used because apparently these animals sometimes loose their sea route and, being lost, they commit suicide by reaching the sea shores. It looks like an innocent symbol, but you might get worried if you start seeing it drawn everywhere..

Oh I forgot, it's called "the Blue Whale".

Last edited:

ashriia

It is indeed sad. Seem like all the kids he is calling "waste" are young girls. :sad: Which makes sense, as females are more likely to want to belong to social groups, and at that age are dealing with the effects of more often than not sexual abuse/assault. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like for young sensitive girls growing up in the current social media culture. It used to be you maybe got bullied at school, had problems at home, but could escape hanging out with your friends and partaking in after school hobbies. Now your bullies are with you 24/7 alongside unrealistic airbrushed standards of beauty, there is no break. All these broken young girls looking for someone that understands what they are feeling and they find it in stuff like this. If I had a daughter I'd let her know how much I loved her every single day, encourage her talents and give her a strong positive foundation, I think that is the only way to combat kids from being interested in things of this nature. The problem seems to be they feel alone in what they are going through.

I was looking for this piece of sh*ts, date of birth and location to pull up a noon natal chart. Would be interesting to see what the synastry was between him and the victims, astrologically speaking.

aleth3ia

Banned
Yes, it's too sad... I think these young kids are even the most sensitive and "special", the ones I'd picture taking care of other people when they're adults, or people who are able to create arts, because of what they hold inside... definitely not the waste of society.

And it is quite telling such a thing developed in Russia, where, last winter, domestic violence was allowed (Russia has the highest rates of european home abuse, because of the high amount of alcohol they consume and because of the condition of women).

It really is a sad world, what you say is the only medicine to cure this, love and respect. Always.

tripleooo

While I agree that such kind of “game” is very unnerving and should be avoided by anyone, I feel like the story itself is overblown. It was all over the news a couple of months ago where I live and a lot of people didn’t take it seriously and joked a lot about it, but that’s the question of their ethics and morality. There have been no deaths directly linked to this “game”, as far as I know. I find it hard to believe that a perfectly sane and happy teenager will go as far as to try this. A lot of kids were depressed and unhappy before they began this “game” and saw it as a morbidly fun way to end their lives. The “game” spread through the online groups that were dedicated to depressive and suicidal matters, so no one could stumble upon this by accident.

The exact number of children who tried this “game” is unknown. The number of 160 deaths is not substantiated by pretty much anything. A lot of people pretend to tell a real story about their siblings or friends who died because of this, but most of these stories can be regarded as fakes because anyone can write it and the "story-tellers" always lack proof.

Filipp Budeykin was indeed charged because he was an administrator of one of these groups, but I can’t find any information if he’s in jail now or not. Some administrators admitted that they created such groups just to get traffic to their online pages, not really planning to kill anyone. They can lie, of course, but I believe it could be the case, especially when the media made this story so popular. I feel like the media and all this talk about it only made the situation worse because more and more people become interested.

So is it dangerous? Certainly. Should anyone try this? Of course not. But is it the real cause of suicides? I doubt it. Here is a good video that covers this story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4zi8t0-xsE

aleth3ia

Banned
http://thedailyhaze.com/f57-f58-blue-whale-suicide-game/

130 the victims only in Russia, the news report 2 new ones in Italy just in the last weeks, and it's not just something happening in these 2 countries.

Mr Budeikin should be in the jail of Krestin, in St. Petersburg, as we're talking.

It's all hard to accept and believe, I concur on that.

Something else you might find worrying: the most sane people are the easiest to manipulate. Contrary to many believes, the more one's troubled by mental imbalances, the more one's able to be lucid and detached. This is psychology.

I agree these kids might have been the ones to dig into such topics themselves, because that's probably something I would have looked up myself if I was that age, because I am that kind of curious and attracted to all that is "on the edge"... but the psychological sickness of this "game" just starts from that curiosity though, and after that you're asked to follow an insane routine for 50 days... that will bring you to suicide, unconsciously...

tripleooo

http://thedailyhaze.com/f57-f58-blue-whale-suicide-game/

130 the victims only in Russia, the news report 2 new ones in Italy just in the last weeks, and it's not just something happening in these 2 countries.

Mr Budeikin should be in the jail of Krestin, in St. Petersburg, as we're talking.

It's all hard to accept and believe, I concur on that.

Something else you might find worrying: the most sane people are the easiest to manipulate. Contrary to many believes, the more one's troubled by mental imbalances, the more one's able to be lucid and detached. This is psychology.

I agree these kids might have been the ones to dig into such topics themselves, because that's probably something I would have looked up myself if I was that age, because I am that kind of curious and attracted to all that is "on the edge"... but the psychological sickness of this "game" just starts from that curiosity though, and after that you're asked to follow an insane routine for 50 days... that will bring you to suicide, unconsciously...

I wouldn’t trust the article you linked and I strongly recommend you not to trust it too. I’ve seen plenty of such generic articles that provide no critical thinking about this situation and don’t provide any evidence of any of their claims. Such articles are based only on gossips or word of mouth and are usually created to attract people to their sites and spread panic. Where is the evidence of 130 deaths? There is none, because these numbers are created by journalists. It all originated from «Новая газета» (“The New Newspaper”), which wrote a really stupid article about “suicide groups” and cited 130 deaths. Why? Just to scare people and make them read their garbage newspaper. We can thank Galina Mursaliyeva, the author of this article. Because of this lady, this whole hysteria has started. The article contained no evidence but the media, waiting for the new sensation, thought it was a nice idea to go with it.

I’ve read that the case of Budeykin right now is going nowhere, because there is no good evidence that he has actually abetted anyone to suicide. All he wanted pretty much was PR from this whole situation. When Rina Palenkova killed herself in December 2015, she posted a picture on her social profile and said goodbye. This story went insanely viral, everyone was talking about it for some time, she became some kind of a “star”. And to attract attention some groups said that she committed suicide after watching content in these groups. Some of them were called F57 and Тихий дом (The Silent House). Do you get it now why the hashtags associated with this game include these words? All these stories, of course, were fake. Filipp Budeykin was just another dude that tried to gain attention claiming that it all happened because of his group. But he messed up when journalists approached him, because he started telling very stupid and unbelievable stuff which most probably has never happened. For example, he told that he hypnotized children via their webcams on Skype. After all that, his IP address was found and he was captured by the police. Right now, as I said, he was not found guilty and most likely will be freed in the nearest future. You can see a lot of information saying that he admitted his crimes, but if you look at his interviews, you can find out that he always tells a different story to different news sources. He told that he was the creator of the group, then he told it was another dude. He told that F57 stands for Filipp and the last digits of his phone number, but this is also wrong, because the sequence f57#58#f57#f57#58 causes a bug in Unicode and for this reason was used as a name of these groups. It doesn’t have anything to do with his phone number. Then he also told that he was a leader of the Masonic cult and was sent to Russia from Ukraine. Would you believe anything he says now?

Before the article of Новая газета, there was absolutely nothing to worry about. But because of the news, this story went viral and can actually create followers of this idea. But I have to say that ВКонтакте (vk.com), the place where it all started, does a good job at blocking the content that is in any way related to this, so it definitely will not blow up here. Also the trolls kind of killed the story because thanks to them nobody takes it all seriously now. As strange as it sounds, trolling can do really good things sometimes.

Suicide among teenagers is a horrible thing but this game isn’t the cause of it. It’s time to stop tilting at windmills. No one will continue playing the game if he knows that he has to die in the end but doesn’t want to. I agree that some children can be scared knowing that their IP addresses are known to the administrators, but I think any reasonable child will try to seek help instead of just blindly accepting his “fate”. The list of “tasks” is probably fake too. It can’t bring you to suicide unconsciously, I don’t want to be rude, but that just sounds silly...

So I hope I told you something you didn’t know about before. I’m pretty sure I have because I have a much wider access to the sources related to this theme than you do. Understand it as you wish... Love to end it with some intrigue.

aleth3ia

Banned
Yeah it was a bad written article, I posted it for the graphic contents though.
I couldn't believe those suicides videos could have been faked up. Apparently they are real but not related to those deaths.

The deaths of Diana Kuznetsova and Angelina Davydova should be real though, are you from Russia? Can you prove this?, get informed?

Other deaths have been linked to following the hypothetical rules of the Blue Whale, are they all fake?

It would be interesting to know why does someone even have to create something like this? Isn't the news aware of the risk for kids to follow such a trend? What's behind this really? ... the more we dig the more s*** is in there.

ANd what about Budeikin, what's the purpose of admitting he is responsible for the death of young kids? Is Putin paying him?

tripleooo

Yeah it was a bad written article, I posted it for the graphic contents though.
I couldn't believe those suicides videos could have been faked up. Apparently they are real but not related to those deaths.

The deaths of Diana Kuznetsova and Angelina Davydova should be real though, are you from Russia? Can you prove this?, get informed?

Other deaths have been linked to following the hypothetical rules of the Blue Whale, are they all fake?

It would be interesting to know why does someone even have to create something like this? Isn't the news aware of the risk for kids to follow such a trend? What's behind this really? ... the more we dig the more s*** is in there.

ANd what about Budeikin, what's the purpose of admitting he is responsible for the death of young kids? Is Putin paying him?

Yes, the videos were really graphic... I regret I watched them, to be honest. Most of the suicides looked very real. I think most of them are not fake. But there is no sign that these recorded suicides are related to the Blue Whale game, so all this wasn’t relevant.

I think the deaths of Angelina Davydova and Diana Kuznetsova are real. There are plenty of news articles mentioning these girls. Moreover, I’m pretty sure I found Angelina’s social network profile. There are some public notes on her profile from other people saying something like “I miss you”, “Why did you do this?” etc. The last activity on her page was on April 29, but I guess it could be someone else looking through her messages to help the investigation or something like that. She was also subscribed to some groups which were dedicated to Rina Palenkova, the girl who committed suicide by being run over by a train. Apparently, she visited those groups often, because they were in her “top” groups. Therefore I can conclude that she was interested in those topics herself and didn’t simply become a victim of these groups. What I also found very interesting, although not exactly related to this topic, is that she was subscribed to a lot of groups dedicated to anorexia. I’ve counted about 20 such groups, so I think she had an unhealthy obsession with this topic.

I couldn’t find many articles that mentioned children’s names like with the cases of Angelina and Diana, so I don’t really know. My guess is that the majority of them are fake. Probably some of them are not, but the percentage is not likely to be high.

To create what exactly? Such groups or this story? The groups can attract other people and get PR, the news can make a good story and get ratings to the newspaper or TV channel. I think most journalists are rather short-sighted and don’t take into consideration all possible consequences of their actions. There are good money behind it, don’t think much else is... I’m not a fan of conspiracy theories, but I found it interesting that some people suppose that all this happened so that the government could interfere in social networks more easily and block whatever they want. All this can be done now under the pretext of helping children and protecting them from harmful content. But when you’re in total control of the situation, you can do whatever you want, even if it deviates from the initial goal...

Budeykin’s friends say that he wanted hype from this situation and didn’t think that he could actually get in jail. In my opinion, he could say this also to “cooperate” with the investigation, because the law states that when a criminal willingly cooperates with the investigation and admits his crimes, the sentence isn’t as strict. I think the dude got so carried away with all this that he couldn’t stop when he should have. One girl who wanted to test him before he became famous to the media wrote him and said that she didn’t want to live and all that. Surprisingly enough, he said that it wasn’t worth it and that suicide wasn’t a choice. He also added that if she had any problems further, she could always write him and they’d discuss it so she wouldn’t do anything stupid. He would joke about suicide with his friends sometimes, but he didn’t have suicidal thoughts himself and has never abetted anyone to committing it. He had contacts with people who were severely depressed but those were not influenced negatively by him. On the contrary, he helped some of them emotionally. So I don’t think he’s that bad of a person after all and definitely not that monster the media portrays him to be. By the way, I sincerely hope your question about Putin was a joke. If it wasn’t, then I have to say that there are absolutely no reasons to think so.

aleth3ia

Banned
Thanks for taking the time to check all of this...

It didn't take me long to realize those videos were not related to the "blue whale", I took screenshots of them and google searched each one of them on the google images reversed search.
Yeah, they're real videos, but way older than the entire blue whale story, and some videos are from China too.

What I find embarrassing is that those videos were shown by the press in here! So the journalists indeed made it all up... at least in here (Italy), but the UK got through it too, and so did most Europe. So none cared to check if the material was reliable.... or if they knew, they just ignored it... for what? Terror? But all this story is not born in here. It's Russian, and it's nothing new, I'm sorry to say this, to experience Putin's control on the press. We even know he's responsible for the death of journalists who tried to investigate his personal economical engagements... so, no, that wasn't a joke, just a provocation.

The fact that the press around Europe is falling in such a fake story is worrying as well, there's a clear message behind this: the use of internet for the little kids. It's like a shout out at everyone that spends lots of time online... Idk.

What's even more worrying is that, whoever is pushing such fake news, doesn't even realize they're creating the real deal themselves. Because emulation is real in this case, and the kids are always the most sensible to such trends..

There are many other topics coming out of here... Idk what we can get out of this. It's just all insane in the end.

Last edited:

aleth3ia

Banned
Don't mean to veer off topic, but how is this done?

do you mean just uploading an image to the google image search feature?

Idk how to show you but it's very simple:
1) open google images;
2) open the video and stop it where there's a clear frame;
3) take a screenshot of said frame (= Alt + ⎙ PrtScr; or cmd + 4 if you're using a mac): that caption will be saved on your computer;
4) take your frame and drag it on the google images search;
5) http://imgur.com/a/XMF8X (this is what I got, the bottom results were uploaded from 2013, while this phenomena developed in 2015)

tripleooo

Thanks for taking the time to check all of this...

It didn't take me long to realize those videos were not related to the "blue whale", I took screenshots of them and google searched each one of them on the google images reversed search.
Yeah, they're real videos, but way older than the entire blue whale story, and some videos are from China too.

What I find embarrassing is that those videos were shown by the press in here! So the journalists indeed made it all up... at least in here (Italy), but the UK got through it too, and so did most Europe. So none cared to check if the material was reliable.... or if they knew, they just ignored it... for what? Terror? But all this story is not born in here. It's Russian, and it's nothing new, I'm sorry to say this, to experience Putin's control on the press. We even know he's responsible for the death of journalists who tried to investigate his personal economical engagements... so, no, that wasn't a joke, just a provocation.

The fact that the press around Europe is falling in such a fake story is worrying as well, there's a clear message behind this: the use of internet for the little kids. It's like a shout out at everyone that spends lots of time online... Idk.

What's even more worrying is that, whoever is pushing such fake news, doesn't even realize they're creating the real deal themselves. Because emulation is real in this case, and the kids are always the most sensible to such trends..

There are many other topics coming out of here... Idk what we can get out of this. It's just all insane in the end.

I didn’t check it using Google images, but there was no reference to the Blue Whale game in any of this videos, so I straight away thought it was just a compilation of suicide videos. Obviously the people who posted the article didn’t care much about compiling only relevant videos which probably don’t exist and even writing a good article.

Well, why wouldn’t they show this, really? A lot of people would hear about it from other sources, so in the end it doesn’t matter if it’s them who do it or not. Journalism is not about handing over good stories to your competitors. They could even know that this material is unreliable but there are few people in other European countries who can speak Russian fluently and check the original sources related to this story, so they can’t proof-check journalists’ claims. The hysteria has already started and it didn’t matter if they would continue it or not, they just caught the wave at the right time... Moreover, it’s a bonus that people from other countries now have even more reasons to hate Russians. It’s a win-win situation, to be honest. I don’t really know about the journalists who died after they had tried to investigate Putin’s economic matters, but I could believe that it happened.

Not really sure what you mean by the message behind this. Could you elaborate? Well, the news get more and more unreliable, so don’t be surprised. Even the anti-government news organizations don’t always tell the truth. A funny fact about our Blue Whale game is that one of the first places where this story began gaining popularity was one of the biggest anti-government groups on vk.com. Only after that bigger TV channels and news programs joined. I agree that children are generally very susceptible to such trends, but I don’t think they will get under the influence of this game now because there is general awareness among adults and children of what it turns out to be. I think this story will be completely forgotten in a couple of years.

aleth3ia

Banned
I didn’t check it using Google images, but there was no reference to the Blue Whale game in any of this videos, so I straight away thought it was just a compilation of suicide videos. Obviously the people who posted the article didn’t care much about compiling only relevant videos which probably don’t exist and even writing a good article.

Well, why wouldn’t they show this, really? A lot of people would hear about it from other sources, so in the end it doesn’t matter if it’s them who do it or not. Journalism is not about handing over good stories to your competitors. They could even know that this material is unreliable but there are few people in other European countries who can speak Russian fluently and check the original sources related to this story, so they can’t proof-check journalists’ claims. The hysteria has already started and it didn’t matter if they would continue it or not, they just caught the wave at the right time... Moreover, it’s a bonus that people from other countries now have even more reasons to hate Russians. It’s a win-win situation, to be honest. I don’t really know about the journalists who died after they had tried to investigate Putin’s economic matters, but I could believe that it happened.

Not really sure what you mean by the message behind this. Could you elaborate? Well, the news get more and more unreliable, so don’t be surprised. Even the anti-government news organizations don’t always tell the truth. A funny fact about our Blue Whale game is that one of the first places where this story began gaining popularity was one of the biggest anti-government groups on vk.com. Only after that bigger TV channels and news programs joined. I agree that children are generally very susceptible to such trends, but I don’t think they will get under the influence of this game now because there is general awareness among adults and children of what it turns out to be. I think this story will be completely forgotten in a couple of years.

What you said is all true unfortunately, and I'm sad because even the part about the world hating Russia is a bit true, but it has nothing to do with Russia, man I love Russia, I grew up reading Mayakovski and singing the red army choir songs lol, and I had a russian neighbor called Anna that was a little blond pest and every time she visited her home country she then brought me back Mishka chocolates... ugh, I just think "all the world" dislikes Putin. And I can't blame them, because Russia is great. That's the sad part.

aleth3ia

Banned
Hm, trip, you asked what's supposed to be the message behind this. But that'd be my personal opinion, and, you know, I tend to be rather "conspiratorial" about world matters... because power is real, and so are money, so if there's a system we live in, that is based on money, it'll be established trough the power of influencing minds, because, nowadays, in most "democratic" countries, people have the freedom to chose (what to buy) for themselves... but then, where's the power of the system?, It's in the subtle control, a silent advertising playing along when you think all your engines are switched off.

You don't know you're eating Monsanto products, but all the world is eating them, because Monsanto owns everything. You have the possibility to pick what brand you can buy... but all the products are basically alike. Now, Monsanto even bought most of pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Food and Pharma... it's a moment and we could get all poisoned, for whose benefit? The more you eat the more meds they sell... and this is just an example for the top of the chain, which nobody knows of. Now think how this actually happens in more evident ways, advertisings, political campaigns, everyone sells something.

It is natural for news to be controlled, to take the part of the system, to support it, when it's not too visibly corrupted, as to avoid to put in a bad light the press and the information system itself. They probably do it thinking they're doing the right thing. But total control, and in this case it would be the one of the big system, has always caused problems. Because there's no opposition, no confrontation, and then, consequentially, no development.
(This is even why I never liked Putin, or Berlusconi, or any mass acclaimed leader, yeah, neither Jesus!).

Back to this thread: kids are the easiest to manipulate, the uneasiness of adolescents , that you smartly pointed out, goes hand in hand with their manipulation potential, hand in hand with their sexuality, which is the key trigger of the world.
Telling to kids not to spend their time in front of a computer, and not to be depressed because life is beautiful, is ok and honorable, but what's behind such an idea? There are probably many reasons, but one of them is that internet, the one thing that probably creates more problems to the "powerful systems", is bad, it must be controlled and possibly even avoided. Because there are bad people in it.... I have no idea where this is going to hit, but I don't like the lies behind this.
The problem is not internet, but people. Inventing a virtual enemy and addressing it to confirm that it is bad, it's just telling of a higher power that is controlling what you must fear, what you must like, and buy. And press is always a tool, it's not power.

For me, who travel in the web everyday, and I'm used to see everything on this screen with a pinch of salt, that news really shocked me, and I thought "world end! here we are! thanks internet!"... I can't even imagine, for someone who's not as used as me to the virtual world, how all of this could be seen!
There's lots of talk around here around the Blue Whale, and people are scared.. angry, they don't understand. Me neither actually, but now I know it's not all true... and that's even more scary.

Last edited:

Carmaela26

This breaks my heart that anyone wants to do this to anyone else. It breaks my heart that out there is a vulnerable kid who is already suicidal or having diffuculty and who would be more susceptible to someone preying on their vulnerabilites.