Will I end up doing my dream career?

rafaella

I'm having a lot of trouble with a course that I need that is relevant to this class. It's got me pretty discouraged, so I feel compelled to ask this. I'm currently an undergraduate with only a couple more semesters to go, then I apply to graduate school and hopefully get my degree and career. I have my heart set on a particular career and my question is: is this the career I will end up having?

I'm disappointed to say, but I'm actually getting a no. I'm moon, career/success is Jupiter. Good aspect, but Jupiter (career) is retrograde :sick:. Retro Jupiter is squaring both Retro Saturn in the 6th and Mars...Moon (me) is in Capricorn (Saturn)...perhaps alluding to the fact that I'm experiencing difficulty. Too much retro and bad aspects, I'm getting a no. Does anyone else see it that way too?

I remember interpreting one of your study charts a year ago or so, if I remember correctly, the chart did indicate you having to change courses or careers? Right? This chart and the most recent chart again shows MC at 29 degrees, generally means change in career or direction in life. Even though Moon is void here, which generally indicates no change, I'd look to MC more, plus Moon's next aspect is to Mars, which rules the next sign in 10th. New direction/ new job/career.

edit: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84649

Pisces13

Banned
I remember interpreting one of your study charts a year ago or so, if I remember correctly, the chart did indicate you having to change courses or careers? Right? This chart and the most recent chart again shows MC at 29 degrees, generally means change in career or direction in life. Even though Moon is void here, which generally indicates no change, I'd look to MC more, plus Moon's next aspect is to Mars, which rules the next sign in 10th. New direction/ new job/career.

edit: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84649

Thanks for your response rafaella. This career is my third choice (it's not the same one I was referring to in the chart you read for me then). So another career/career idea change? Fantastic. I'm at my wits end with this. So much stress. It makes sense though. The course I'll most likely (almost certainly) have to retake is important in the career I was thinking of doing as of late, but of course since its a hard course it wouldn't make sense to go into that career after all (especially considering both you and tikana saw that I'll have to retake the course, meaning I'll likely fail it).

tikana

I'm having a lot of trouble with a course that I need that is relevant to this class. It's got me pretty discouraged, so I feel compelled to ask this. I'm currently an undergraduate with only a couple more semesters to go, then I apply to graduate school and hopefully get my degree and career. I have my heart set on a particular career and my question is: is this the career I will end up having?

I'm disappointed to say, but I'm actually getting a no. I'm moon, career/success is Jupiter. Good aspect, but Jupiter (career) is retrograde :sick:. Retro Jupiter is squaring both Retro Saturn in the 6th and Mars...Moon (me) is in Capricorn (Saturn)...perhaps alluding to the fact that I'm experiencing difficulty. Too much retro and bad aspects, I'm getting a no. Does anyone else see it that way too?

can i ask what class is this?

Pisces13

Banned
Let me also add that I've decided that I don't want to move to that state or go to that school anymore (didn't yet apply to grad school it's just too expensive) and I changed my major since then as well. My life seems to be one unwanted change after another (deep sigh).

rafaella

Thanks for your response rafaella. This career is my third choice (it's not the same one I was referring to in the chart you read for me then). So another career/career idea change? Fantastic. I'm at my wits end with this. So much stress. It makes sense though. The course I'll most likely (almost certainly) have to retake is important in the career I was thinking of doing as of late, but of course since its a hard course it wouldn't make sense to go into that career after all (especially considering both you and tikana saw that I'll have to retake the course, meaning I'll likely fail it).

well I can't read that chart as you removed it, but the Moon/Sun opposition does indicate crisis, whether you changed once or more times, it was reflected in that chart based on what I wrote then. So what is happening now, was already indicated in that chart.

But the cours you are doing now, are you enjoying it? As you are struggling with the course, I guess it is not too enjoyable an it can be disheartening when one is not doing well, it sort of takes away the motivation. If you really want to have this career, then yes you may need help, get a good tutor and perhaps re-sit the exam.

rafaella

It's a psychology mixed with stats course. Its math based, of course, but I'm God awful at math. Like just awful unless it's something basic and day-to-day stuff.

Ah statistics....I did the same course, I hated stats...the 'mean' and all that...usshhh bad memories.

Pisces13

Banned
well I can't read that chart as you removed it, but the Moon/Sun opposition does indicate crisis, whether you changed once or more times, it was reflected in that chart based on what I wrote then. So what is happening now, was already indicated in that chart.

But the cours you are doing now, are you enjoying it? As you are struggling with the course, I guess it is not too enjoyable an it can be disheartening when one is not doing well, it sort of takes away the motivation. If you really want to have this career, then yes you may need help, get a good tutor and perhaps re-sit the exam.

I have a D currently in the course but I just got a tutor last week...but I'm afraid it may be too late to pull it up to atleast a B or even a C now (we've had two tests, made a high D on the first and a low C on the second, we have two more tests to and a few more homework assignments). I know you said my last chart indicated a change in my career choices or a crisis, but you also said this one does too :/. So yeah it's dishearenting and its making me pessimistic.

Ugh, I know, right? I'm getting anxiety just thinkig about it.

rafaella

I have a D currently in the course but I just got a tutor last week...but I'm afraid it may be too late to pull it up to atleast a B or even a C now (we've had two tests, made a high D on the first and a low C on the second, we have two more tests to and a few more homework assignments). I know you said my last chart indicated a change in my career choices or a crisis, but you also said this one does too :/. So yeah it's dishearenting and its making me pessimistic.

Ugh, I know, right? I'm getting anxiety just thinkig about it.

Well Moon is void, so it generally means no change, but with the MC at last degree, I do think that direction in life is changing. What this means is that perhaps you stay with the course and complete it, but you may not pursue this direction, but end up doing something else?

The last chart showed change, but it did have a trine to a combusted Mercury, so I wonder if you will get a pass, like a D or C, but the rx planets show change afterwards? So the graudate school might be even more tough, perhaps you may need to rethink whether you want to do this. You can do alternative to Psychology...counselling or social work degree?Psychology is too deep into statistics and research (usshhh), but perhaps master in counselling which is more counselling and practical is more to your taste?

Pisces13

Banned
Well Moon is void, so it generally means no change, but with the MC at last degree, I do think that direction in life is changing. What this means is that perhaps you stay with the course and complete it, but you may not pursue this direction, but end up doing something else?

The last chart showed change, but it did have a trine to a combusted Mercury, so I wonder if you will get a pass, like a D or C, but the rx planets show change afterwards? So the graudate school might be even more tough, perhaps you may need to rethink whether you want to do this. You can do alternative to Psychology...counselling or social work degree?Psychology is too deep into statistics and research (usshhh), but perhaps master in counselling which is more counselling and practical is more to your taste?

I'm not into social work or counseling at all, it never really appealed to me (the area I wanted to do didn't have to do with either of those). I don't know what it might mean I guess I'll find out eventually :/

Osamenor

Staff member
Since my horary literacy is only the equivalent of Dr. Seuss level, I may be off on this, but... I notice a very tight sextile between you (Moon) and a very well placed Venus. Looks like there might be someone or something that can help you here. Perhaps Venus represents a good alternative.

I think it's noteworthy that Venus is in the ninth house within orb of conjunction to the MC. My take: this indicates something to do with your current education (ninth house) with strong potential to feed into a career (MC), and if you take that path, success won't be far off. Since it's been a couple months, maybe you've seen this start to manifest already?

I think what this chart is really saying is that what you think is your dream career will not really be it, but something else will, and that something else is right under your nose, so to speak. Perhaps it's something you've already considered and dismissed, or perhaps it's something that you hadn't considered before but that would fit perfectly with what you really want.

I remember from previous discussions that you were considering either psychology or law, and you'd done coursework for both. That background is very good for becoming a mediator, if that interests you. Mediators help parties in conflict (ie divorcing couples, businesses involved in a dispute, that kind of thing) come to agreement without taking it to court. Some knowledge of law is necessary, but not a law degree, and a background in psychology would be highly relevant.

Venus might indicate this. Law and psychology are both associated with Venus, and the ninth house/Pisces combination also seems to fit that picture very well.

If mediation isn't really it for you, then I think something else fitting the Venus picture will be.

Last edited: