Mars in Taurus

BobZemco

Nexus7 said:
That is never just Mars in Taurus!!

Correct. I might be willing to accept that if the situtation was Mars in Taurus in the 1st/7th Houses (Hello? Houses anyone?) but even so I would expect to find an aspect to Uranus or Pluto that debilitates Mars.

Or something else in Cancer or the fourth house. I have Moon in the same degree as Uranus in Cancer with Jupiter three degrees ahead, plus south node in Cancer. The Moon/Uranus is binovile the Mars and the node is sextile it. So, they aren't really "afflicted". But the Mars is in my 12th and it seems that the Cancer hypersensitivity exacerbated by Uranus and exaggerated by Jupiter can make me suddenly (Uranus) very insecure. At that point I react chaotically with the Mars in Taurus, immediately tuning in to the darkest aspects of any provocation. The darkness is not fabricated, I'm just very sensitive to it and try to impulsively deal with it by going into rage. Cancer and Taurus aren't considered in conflict, but under these particular circumstances, they can be. Context means so much in astrology.

bigsky3

I have mars in taurus in the first house with an aries rising. For me, it adds some weight and focus into a very airy chart. I enjoy working with my hands and taking the time for meticuluos work when I am inspired. I am generally a very easy going person and don't get mad at the small stuff. In an argument, I am very thorough and determined to win. My mars squares 4 planets in aquarius so it probalby gives me some trouble. I'm still learning my chart. As far as the rage thing, I am not a violent person, more like the opposite, but there has been some aggression towards me. The taurus vibe is different from the rest of my chart and I like that it's out there in the first house. It's 'slow to action' asks me to examine my choices and tame the impulsive nature of airies.

hodad

I have Mars in the early degrees of Taurus in the 8th house.I would have had Mars at 29 Aries if born just a few days earlier,wow that would have put a whole different spin on things.I'm sure I would have liked to have had the fire of Mars in Aries I'm envious of those that do that placement with its warrior spirit.But I do not!
There's something I like about the solid,earthiness of Taurus and also it's sensual nature,the physicality of it--how sights and sounds really hit me.It really heightens all of the senses.Like when you smell a lilac,you really smell it--I enjoy things like ceramics,working with my hands.I have done some photography,and always enjoy the colors and tones.
Taurus is fixed,stubborn,sometimes immovable.There's something real about this I enjoy.It is very practical,it likes results.It gives a grounding effect.It makes you want to go out and plant something in the ground.
I saw this post somewhere on an astrology site it expresses the Taurus effect quite nicely---
The Stay-in-One-Place Taurus Mars

My Mars may have progressed into Gemini, but I was born with it in Taurus and this poem has always spoken to me of my very earthy Mars in a fixed sign:
Autumn Evening by Frances Cornford
The shadows flickering, the daylight dying,
And I upon the old red sofa lying,
The great brown shadows leaping up the wall,
The sparrows twittering; and that is all.

I thought to send my soul to far-off lands,
Where fairies scamper on the windy sands,
Or where the autumn rain comes drumming down
On huddled roofs in an enchanted town.

But O my sleepy soul, it will not roam.
It is too happy and too warm at home:
With just the shadows leaping up the wall.
The sparrows twittering; and that is all.

Last edited:
My partner has this placement, and for the first couple of years I never noticed it. Now, I really have to push him to move and get going. I literally drag him off his chair to get motivated to do jobs around the house. He doesn't get started till late and I am assuming this is due to Mars in Taurus.

AriesJupiter

I knew a girl with Mars in Taurus (or actually, I've known a few) but she was very relentless in her drive or anger. Maybe this is due to her Pluto in Scorpio, but my feeling of the Mars in Taurus (and I'm ASC Taurus) is that they are very steady, determined, & don't give up! They just keep going... she seemed to have so much energy, or strength, when it came to "pushing through"... she always got what she wanted, because she was determined. If she didn't get what she wanted, she freaked out! She was primarily a water person (but with Venus in Aquarius). But, I'd say Mars Taurus is slow, steady, determined, prodding, effective, substantial, money/results/material oriented.
For a woman, they want a "meat & potatoes" type man. For a man, they ARE a "meat & potatoes" man... no "foo-foo" business. No "wasting" their energy...
I would think they don't want to "expel" their energy on anything that's not "worth it" to them... Taurus is all about practicality & substance...
They use their energy (Mars) wisely, solidly, perseveringly...

Last edited:

Fragoso

Hello

My idea of taurs mars is that they can be very slow to anger but once they reach the ebulition point... RUN AWAY. lol

That's not a good position for mars.

Frag

selfless

Banned
it depends on which house it is posited from the Ascendant in the
anti-clockwise direction..but as a whole(general) it perhaps gives the following result:-----
MARS in TAURUS:-----It correlates to a deeply internalized focus that generates a defiant
stance of separateness and independence from the overall circumstantial conditions
of society. Remaining instinctively separate from those conditions allows the Mars in
Taurus person to become aware of the types of desires they need to act upon that
will allow for an actualization of the values that most perfectly reflect the meaning of
the current life.
Mars in Taurus reflects a desire nature that seeks to use sexual energy as
a vehicle for the metamorphisis of emotional and psychological limitations. In order to
accomplish this, the Soul will create sexually confrontational situations in which the
emotional and psychological reality, and the needs that reflect this reality, surface into
awareness.
Moreover,
Mars in the fixed sign of Taurus lends stability and patience. You outlast others, as you persist until you get what you want. You're careful about what you commit to, because you stick with a plan until it's completed. You are sometimes slow-moving, but more thorough in whatever you do. You can be inflexible and stubborn to change, even when it's clearly needed. It's maddening to you to take action, with no visible results. But you are disciplined over the long haul, and can achieve mastery in your chosen field.
Mars in Taurus gives you a passion for sturdy, lovely things. You might be into collecting antiques, restoring homes, or have a knack for playing the market. Your eye for beauty and discipline gives you natural ability to succeed as a working artist. You may enjoy being outdoors, working with animals or gardening. You work hard, but also take play seriously, making time to relax. You feel wealthy when you're enjoying the fruits of your labors.
You are naturally seductive, as a creature of pleasure who is at home in the body. You enjoy extended intimate foreplay, with senses heightened to touch, smell, taste and sound. You can be languid and lazy, or go after what you want with animal urgency.

remember these are all PROBABLE result, and not sure..

M

may28gemini

I have 24 Taurus Mars in 8th house which is "accidental dignity." To be honest, no one can rush me. Bombs could be thrown my way and I'd still be going at my own pace. However, when it comes to me wanting something, there's really no sleep until I possess it. By then I wouldn't care if the world is against me, the zombiepocalypse could be in full force and I'd still get through that hurtle just for the sake of getting to what I really want. I also am willing to go to hell and back for anyone I'm close to. I fiercely defend those I love and I enjoy cutting up people who I see as beneath contempt. I am slow to anger but once I'm angry, I will destroy anything and everything in my way. Well, Taurus Mars is detriment for that very reason alone!

Even though my Mars exactly conjuncts capulus, I still don't think it's that bad. Sure, Taurus Mars is nothing compared to the extremely exciting Aries Mars or sexy Scorpio Mars. Since my Mars is in the Scorpio house, it may add obsessiveness, possessiveness, and a vindictive cruel streak in whatever energy I choose to put forth. I don't mind that one bit. As a matter of fact, I like that muahahahaha:devil:

Last edited:

Sandra0406

I have 24 Taurus Mars in 8th house which is "accidental dignity." To be honest, no one can rush me. Bombs could be thrown my way and I'd still be going at my own pace. However, when it comes to me wanting something, there's really no sleep until I possess it. By then I wouldn't care if the world is against me, the zombiepocalypse could be in full force and I'd still get through that hurtle just for the sake of getting to what I really want. I also am willing to go to hell and back for anyone I'm close to. I fiercely defend those I love and I enjoy cutting up people who I see as beneath contempt. I am slow to anger but once I'm angry, I will destroy anything and everything in my way. Well, Taurus Mars is detriment for that very reason alone!

Even though my Mars exactly conjuncts capulus, I still don't think it's that bad. Sure, Taurus Mars is nothing compared to the extremely exciting Aries Mars or sexy Scorpio Mars. Since my Mars is in the Scorpio house, it may add obsessiveness, possessiveness, and a vindictive cruel streak in whatever energy I choose to put forth. I don't mind that one bit. As a matter of fact, I like that muahahahaha:devil:

I have 29° Taurus Mars in 8th house too,and I have almost the same characteristics you named...

M

may28gemini

OMG Sandra! Yes, you're the one that I saw that's a Gemini with Libra Saturn! I had actually wanted to message you before, hesitated and didn't but then realized I should have. I'm so horrible with names that I forgot and now you've found me! We probably are similar!

catastrophe

I have 24 Taurus Mars in 8th house which is "accidental dignity." To be honest, no one can rush me. Bombs could be thrown my way and I'd still be going at my own pace...

Hell yes... I have 28 Mars/Taurus/8th... amen to that :w00t::biggrin:

M

may28gemini

Whoa! You're like totally earth!

The beauty of astrology is that there's so many combos for every little thing which can create similar effects. Because you're nearly all earth and have an earth Mars, does that add more practicality to what you do?

catastrophe

Whoa! You're like totally earth!

The beauty of astrology is that there's so many combos for every little thing which can create similar effects. Because you're nearly all earth and have an earth Mars, does that add more practicality to what you do?

Well... yes I'd say... minus the aspect of being very indecisive about a lot of things (Venus/Aquarius, Asc/Libra) I do believe I'm told I am very practical... and down-to-earth :tongue:

M

may28gemini

Well... yes I'd say... minus the aspect of being very indecisive about a lot of things (Venus/Aquarius, Asc/Libra) I do believe I'm told I am very practical... and down-to-earth :tongue:

Ok, Aqua Venus is very, very weird. It makes the native love those who I call "betas" meaning not "alphas." Basically, it's love and investment into what's traditionally "lost causes" whether it be humans, projects, or things. Still, Aqua is fixed so think of it as an air tank- it's contained and concentrated. You're not as indecisive with Aqua Venus as you tend to think you are. You just tend to feel as if you're missing out on everything unless you "experience" it.

Libra Asc is cardinal and doesn't make you really indecisive, only at first glance. Since you don't have any planets in the 1st, you'll probably gain confidence and a more steady approach to your balancing act without much hindrance.

M

may28gemini

:biggrin: OMG We need to create a group with Mars in Taurus in 8th house, preferably in the conjunction with Algol and the Pleiades :biggrin:

You're right Sandra! Women with Taurus Mars in 8th apparently are due to marry into money. HEH!:love:

M

may28gemini

hahaha it's not a conscious thing. It's literally, accidental! Well, this is what I think. It doesn't mean the spouse is someone who's super wealthy or anything like that. I think it's the indicator that the woman will find a spouse who will financially take care of her if Mars makes trine or sextile to Jupiter. If Mars in 8th makes difficult aspects to say Saturn, she'll probably have a spouse who she'll be financially responsible to i.e. support her spouse.

Last edited:

catastrophe

Ok, Aqua Venus is very, very weird. It makes the native love those who I call "betas" meaning not "alphas." Basically, it's love and investment into what's traditionally "lost causes" whether it be humans, projects, or things. Still, Aqua is fixed so think of it as an air tank- it's contained and concentrated. You're not as indecisive with Aqua Venus as you tend to think you are. You just tend to feel as if you're missing out on everything unless you "experience" it.
Yep... definitely attracted to the somewhat-run-down seeking higher aspiration in other people/things. Although I do have a hard time blending in with the crowd, whether it's at large, or in a tight knit social setting... I say a hard time blending, because I don't necessarily "not fit in at all", it's just like I have to pull people aside, and connect with them one-on-one basis, otherwise no one is very aware that I am there, too :andy:

Libra Asc is cardinal and doesn't make you really indecisive, only at first glance. Since you don't have any planets in the 1st, you'll probably gain confidence and a more steady approach to your balancing act without much hindrance.
Yeh, indecisive might have been a poor choice for word, but I do sympathize to a great extent to be the harmonizing balance for wherever I go, definitely not seeking the conflict that some people bring. If there is butting of heads, I still find ways to 'see it from their point of view' and offer solutions to what they're battling with. I have Pluto/Scorpio at the last degree of my 1st house, sextile sun (And Scorpio Ascendant in progressed chart, with Pluto in 1st house, closer to Asc and squaring Sun) so I think this does present itself during my people-encounters, I kind of intimidate people, not in a frightening way, but in a authoritative, here-to-get-what-I-came for way... :rightful:
Not so much a bad thing, buuut I usually would hope to assume that I could come off a little more flaky or friendlier than that.. hahah

Last edited: