Transiting Uranus conj. Ascendant

cindah

I have a Pisces ascendant and Uranus recently crossed over. I feel a strong urge to start all over with everything in my life.....and so restless....like I'm so ready for a change. I also joined a gym and trying to get in better shape. I read it's a good time to "reinvent yourself". I would like to hear how others with this transit are dealing w/ it.
Thanks,
cin

katydid

cindah said:
I have a Pisces ascendant and Uranus recently crossed over. I feel a strong urge to start all over with everything in my life.....and so restless....like I'm so ready for a change. I also joined a gym and trying to get in better shape. I read it's a good time to "reinvent yourself". I would like to hear how others with this transit are dealing w/ it.
Thanks,
cin

I have not had it go across my ascendent but I did have it conjunct my natal Sun and oppose my ascendant. That was the most intense year and a half of my life. It was mostly all for the best, looking back on it now. But at the time it was very unsettling and raw and difficult. It felt as though I were being taken apart and then being put back together, although in a different manner.

At first it was a shocking kind of transit. I have the Sun @ 0 Scorpio in the 6th, and I was in college and got very sick very quickly. After a lot of misdiagnosis, they finally figured out that I had an infection from my Dalkon Shield I U D. I had a huge abscess in my ovaries and was hospitalized for weeks and ALMOST had to have a hysterectomy. Thank goodness my mom fought them tooth and nail. [ my Sun is sextile moon/mar/chiron in cap so she can be tough]
Anyway, it healed, with no necessary surgery and it gave me a big huge time out from my wild party days. And at the first Uranus pass of my Sun I had met some amazing professional astrologers who gave me books by Dane Rudyhar and Michael Meyer, and so during my six weeks of bed rest I just studied and studied and studied.

So ultimately the Uranus conjunct Sun, opposed Asc was a crossroads and it forced me to refocus my life. It was UC Berkely in the 70's, and it took hold of me and sent me in the right direction, even though I had been heading in the opposite one. :eek:

piscesascendant

This is downright eerie. I also have Pisces rising, so Uranus has already crossed my ascendant, and I too have been looking to get in better shape--looking at exercise videos on YouTube. A year ago I bought some dumbbells, stretch cords, etc. and have been walking and running. When I can afford it, I plan to visit the gym for their pool. And if I could really afford it, I'm buy one of those Smith Machines to seriously workout. I've also been consulting fitness and nutrition experts.

Wow. This can't be just a coincidence that two people with Pisces rising are both attempting to get in better shape.

Also, I'm a writer and have finished a series of poems I plan to submit for publication that I think have a great shot. If that happens, I'll be over the moon.

Take care and stay in touch!
--Brian

archergirl

Uranus crossed over my ASC several years ago. I felt like a trapped animal. However, I was having my Saturn Return at the same time, which triggered several sensitive points in my chart. I didn't join a gym, but I WAS quite thin, mostly from having too much nervous energy that didn't get dispersed.

I don't think you can look at one transit in isolation from the rest of your chart; you have to consider solar arcs, progressions, etc. as well. Nothing happens in a vacuum!

AG:)

I'm Aquarius rising to which Uranus has already crossed Asc. Everything electrical broke down, my computer, washing machine, you name it. Uranus being my chart ruler and placed in 7th is also conj Sun/moon midpoint. So yes got divorced again, but felt much freer and relieved.

Energy was also rather spazmodic in bursts, fits and starts and probably did behave rather erractically. But that's Uranus for you, very able to click its heels and walk away from anything and start anew..

cassanra

Well something to look forward too as I will have that in a few years.
On the Pisces peps....where is your natal uranus and does uranus rule your 11th or 12th? just curious..
I know in general Uranus will bring unexpected events but wonder if there is a corollary to natal house position and rulership. For Astrolog it is clear there is but wonder about the others.
Clearly it is survivable. :)

archergirl

I have Aquarius rising as well; and modern ruler Uranus is in my 8th. Nothing particular '8th house-ish' stands out from that time period. I changed hair colour more often than usual; that's about it! :p

archergirl said:
I have Aquarius rising as well; and modern ruler Uranus is in my 8th. Nothing particular '8th house-ish' stands out from that time period. I changed hair colour more often than usual; that's about it! :p

I did this when T Neptune conj Asc...... changed hair colour and slept a lot and lots of things that were hidden in 12th came to light (classic wipeout) from family... cut all ties.

Feel it's much more important if T uranus makes hard aspects. Whereas AG had 8th house and T uranus would have trined, mine was opposite and square sun and moon in 4th house..:confused:

T node at moment is very near Asc and am hoping a few things will fall into place.

millionora

Hello All,

Transiting Uranus just crossed over my ascendent too. Uranus rules my 12th house, the first thing that happened was that i joined this forum:) . other uranium things that occured and still are is that i colored my hair with fuscia highlights:rolleyes: , my clothing has become more eccentric in colors and styles, my work schedule is busy as Grand central station (which has kept me off the forum a whole lot), definitley a lot more partying and have met more people more aware of consciousness..lots of cool things i love Uranus, even though it rules my 12th house (was kind of worried that uranus would let the cat out of the bag:D ) but all is well, one thing i did have is a lot of nervous energy more than usual, especially in my work, i was reading 10million different faxes, emails, letters etc all at the same time, very erratic, i almost thought i had Adult ADD Yikes, but i will accept Uranus's energy, very interesting how i too got back to the gym also recently...interesting indeed..

blessings to you all.

Love,light,truth

Naomi_Sadge

Uranus crossed over my ASC in February 2008. I have natal Uranus in H7 and it is ruler of my 12th. On the day of the exact conjunction, I started a new job, which was actually a promotion, and became even more obsessed with my job as I was finally able to make my own decisions and be in total control. I also started to further my knowledge of astrology. And an important one, my marriage nearly broke up shortly after the conjunction - felt really restricted.

Tr. Uranus in H1 has been quite good to me lately. It recently squared
my Sun/Moon/MC/Jup all in H9/H10 and conjuncted my Mars. I was really worried about these transits but the changes that have taken place as a result, have been for the best and without pain. I am still in control of what I do but I don't make so many decisions anymore, I am not so obsessed with work anymore and therefore, I am feeling a lot freer now.

Oh and I forgot mention, I stopped going to the gym around the time of the conjunction - used to go everyday prior to that... :confused:

Cheers
:)

CarrieLee

My two cents ( It may not be worth much) I would attribute all the Pisces risings (me too) wanting to get in shape with it being Saturn in Virgo crossing the descendant...I am doing it also..
When Uranus crossed my ASC in 2003 I watched a good friend die of cancer, became Wiccan, finally started dating after a 7 year non dating thing I had because I was a single mom..Had a couple of wild flings and even considered Polyamory as a lifestyle..
I am safe happily married now and grateful for the FUN Uranus brought into a really drab life..LOL..
Moral of the story have FUN

piscesascendant

Good point about Saturn in Virgo. I'd forgotten that. That might explain my desire for discipline in exercising, and trying not to treat exercising like a fad. Also, I've found that researching exercise videos on YouTube is a free alternative to buying or renting exercise videos. One fitness expert who I talked with gave some good exercise advice, but kept the nutrition part at bay. One thing at a time, I sensed. Good idea. Last time I did both the super-nutritious meals and moderate exercise, I got sick. Sounds like exercise first with what you've got, then adjust the nutritional intake. Also taking it one step at a time.

One interesting thing to note is that Pisces opposes Virgo, Neptune rules Pisces, and Neptune governs sleep. Sleep is very important when getting in shape. It's like the exhaling of exercise's inhaling.

mahaira

I experienced this transit when I was about six years old. The whole chart should be taken into consideration off course and I wonder whether I'm wrong to think that the following can largely be attributed to this transit.
My life was literary turned upside-down! My mother broke of a long relationship with a man I liked (transit Uranus square natal Moon?), they never lived together, but we were very close, and soon after got married to another man, just in time for me to have a father before starting school. I had to change my last name, which according to my nanny was a traumatic experience. I conveniently let everyone around me (new friends at school) believe that my stepfather was actually my father thus avoiding any questions. We had to move to a bigger apartment (but stayed in the same building which diminished the stress) and I absolutely hated school. I've always loved learning, its new friends, teachers and a sense of competition I wasn't comfortable with, probably because I had a nanny and never wet to a kindergarten. I had to rebuild my identity.
Uranus is such a mover and a shaker. When it hit my IC not only did I move, I went to live in a foreign country. Up until then I couldn't easily travel outside my native country even for a holiday (Saturn in the 9th - I'm from one of those places you need a visa to get away from :).
Saturn in Virgo. Does this influence eating/exercising habits in general? Right now it is in conj with my Moon, MC and Mercury. I could really benefit from a little help to stay in shape and improve my eating habits :)

I have been getting back into predictive astrology lately it's really fascinating, I have been re-reading Carol Rushman's "The Art of Predictive Astrology", and for transiting Uranus over the Ascendant the physical body, lifestyle and view of life can dramatically change.

During my Uranus transits I had a dream of a trapped animal, unconsciously it reveals a lot about Uranus. When Uranus was conjunct my Sun in 7th I had a new relationship and fell pregnant suddenly. Uranus on my my natal Moon along with my Saturn return brought a new house, I was excited by all the new change, but it brought extra responsibility.

I am a mutable personlaity and I can adjust easily, so Uranus transits are never too difficult as I am not super glued to any part of my life and can go with the flow. Pluto transits tortured me, hated those. You seem to be embracing change so it can be an enjoyable time. :)

Last edited:

CarrieLee

I think Saturn in Virgo is a really good time to use the hard Saturn energy in the Positive..Its going over my Sun/Pluto/Jup/Uran Stellium in my 7th it hasn't hit my sun yet, its on its way..
I do think Dramatic Change/The Unexpected happens under a Uranus ASC..:)

Uranus transits can be unsettling to say the least. I have experienced quite a few of them and am going through one right now.
Obviously the best place for people who are going through Uranus transits is right here on this forum to get a better perspective through speaking with others.

When I was in my early 20's Uranus was making a square to my ascendant and descendant. My life was very unpredictable and so was I. In retrospect I see how Uranus made my Gemini Rising very bored and restless during this time. I was also very nervous, especially under new circumstances and my hands (mercury) would shake. People would come in and out of my life at the drop of a hat during that time. Fortunately I'm a fire sign and found it all very exciting.

Anytime Uranus made a significant transit to a personal point in my chart i.e, Sun, Ascendant, or Ruler Mercury I would feel like I had "ants in my pants". The need for change would be so strong the only thing that really would quell the feeling was doing astrology work or taking a trip somewhere.

Whenever you go through a Uranus transit you will understand what it is like to be an Aquarian. In a sense you actually do become an Honorary Aquarian during these transits. Aquarians feel life is not worth living if you can't try something new. Aquarius is also the sign most likely to suffer from claustrophobia in enclosed spaces because the need to escape and get away is very strong in their nature.

Transiting Uranus conjunct the Ascendant will make you feel bored with how you look, so you may cut or color your hair. You may get involved in the study of astrology and people will see you as unpredictable or contrary. People become more accidents prone because of the impatience that Uranus brings with it. You may even become anti social to some extent because Uranus is tuned into a higher frequency and tends to make people bored with ordinary people and things.

Transits are a wonderful way to gain a deeper compassion and understanding for other signs. Uranus transits make us understand what it is like to be an Aquarius, Saturn transits help us to understand Capricorns, and so on.

Arian Maverick

Thank you for sharing your experiences, everyone. Forewarned is forearmed, as the saying goes...

I have a quick question: When can one expect to begin the first stirrings of this transits? In other words, how close was transiting Uranus to your natal Ascendant before you began to really "feel" the transit, and when was it most intense? Also, do the effects last throughout Uranus' transit of your first house?

Arian Maverick

freedomlover

Arian Maverick said:
Thank you for sharing your experiences, everyone. Forewarned is forearmed, as the saying goes...

I have a quick question: When can one expect to begin the first stirrings of this transits? In other words, how close was transiting Uranus to your natal Ascendant before you began to really "feel" the transit, and when was it most intense? Also, do the effects last throughout Uranus' transit of your first house?

Arian Maverick

Maybe when Uranus gets to 29*Pisces, you will suddenly find out for sure that you really were a Pisces Ascendant all along! :D