Will the eclipse influence those who cannot see it?

viridi

As I read, the solar eclipse (August 27) can only be seen in America. If it conjuncts a personal planet, would the influence be significant for those who live in a part of the Earth that cannot see the eclipse?

Culpeper

Premium Member
An eclipse also has an influence in countries, regions, cities etc. that are under the sign of Leo since the eclipse is in Leo. These places include Switzerland, Bohemia, Iraq, Afghanistan, France, Italy, Romania, Sicily, Lebanon, the Jews where ever they are, Blackpool, Bristol, Prague, Damascus, Bombay, Adelaide, Johannesburg, Rio de Janiero.

As an example, the eclipse of August 1999, also in Leo, was not seen in the USA. That was a very malefic eclipse. Its first influence was in NYC where almost three thousand people were killed. The connection is the high Jewish population of NYC. This coming eclipse is not nearly as malefic. It could have an influence in a natal chart if it is conjunct a strong planet but if weak not much.

JUPITERASC

As I read, the solar eclipse (August 27) can only be seen in America.
If it conjuncts a personal planet
would the influence be significant
for those who live in a part of the Earth that cannot see the eclipse?

dr. farr frequently reminds us that
THE TOTALITY OF TESTIMONIES must be taken into account
not just one factor

also
keep in mind that

changes may occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers
and not solely to family

and furthermore
Culpeper just highlighted
that when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population may in some way be affected

by the way

eclipse events commence a theme
when a transiting planet conjuncts the degree of a forthcoming eclipse

and so
since eclipses recur at regular intervals on a particular degree
one may check back over the years
and track recurrent themes of particular eclipses
:smile:

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years,
decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses

at CYCLES RESEARCH....'
http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

TRADITIONAL RULES FOR JUDGING ECLIPSES
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/eclipserules.html

viridi

An eclipse also has an influence in countries, regions, cities etc. that are under the sign of Leo since the eclipse is in Leo. These places include Switzerland, Bohemia, Iraq, Afghanistan, France, Italy, Romania, Sicily, Lebanon, the Jews where ever they are, Blackpool, Bristol, Prague, Damascus, Bombay, Adelaide, Johannesburg, Rio de Janiero.

As an example, the eclipse of August 1999, also in Leo, was not seen in the USA. That was a very malefic eclipse. Its first influence was in NYC where almost three thousand people were killed. The connection is the high Jewish population of NYC. This coming eclipse is not nearly as malefic. It could have an influence in a natal chart if it is conjunct a strong planet but if weak not much.

What about Virgo 0 degrees? Is this considered significant?

dr. farr

From my studies and researches over the years, YES an eclipse can influence areas where the eclipse is not visible; for an example of this see my delineation of the 1999 total solar eclipse, to be found in the thread entitled "Two Presidents".

Culpeper

Premium Member
If the planet in the natal chart is in another sign just slightly then the influence of even a significant transit on it is much less perhaps nothing at all. It is an out-of-sign aspect. If the natal planet rules the ascendent it could be important. But keep in mind that transits happen all the time to the natal chart yet only a few have any effect on the native.

Frisiangal

Culpeper wrote: the eclipse of August 1999, also in Leo, was not seen in the USA. That was a very malefic eclipse

JUPITER ASC. wrote: by the way

The 1999 total solar eclipse over Europe fell 100% across U.K. I was in U.K. at the time where 98% visibilty could be seen from my position. This eclipse on 18*21'Leo fell exactly on my 12th house Jupiter.

Over the years I have mentioned the effect of this eclipse upon me personally. When I returned home 4 days later, there was a letter from a U.K. astrologer with whom I had been corresponding regarding the Centuar effect. It contained a copy of M. Kelley Hunter's article on 'Lilith', with the message 'I thought this might interest you'! It did! The effect is now history.:smile:

I did not experience this eclipse as malefic in any way. It was an eye opener to a part of myself I had refused to accept as part of my life that finally (consciously) surfaced. It was the beginning of an astrological study which I still find fascinating and intriguing. The eclipse lasted approx. 4 mins, which coincided with an almost 4 year intense study.

At the time there was no conjunction from any transiting planet to 18*Leo preceeding the eclipse.
There was a transiting T-square between Mars-Saturn-Uranus R. on 14*-16* of the fixed signs. Would the transiting Sun-Moon to these degrees preceeding the eclipse have begun a process that had the same effect as a preceeding conjunction from planets to the eclipse degree itself? Apart from transiting Mars, it took many months for transiting Saturn and Uranus to reach 18* of their singns and they never actually made an 18* opposition.

Another point of interest? Transiting Mercury was exact conjunct natal TRUE N.N. the same day.

So, do the points raised regarding malefic intent and preceeding degrees only apply to mundane charts for the period of time = months/years to which the eclipse correlates ?

JUPITERASC

Culpeper wrote: the eclipse of August 1999, also in Leo, was not seen in the USA. That was a very malefic eclipse

JUPITER ASC. wrote:
by the way

The 1999 total solar eclipse over Europe fell 100% across U.K.
I was in U.K. at the time where 98% visibilty could be seen from my position.
This eclipse on 18*21'Leo fell exactly on my 12th house Jupiter.
Interesting that you 'just happened to be in UK at the time'
and so
you not only viewed the eclipse personally

but also
the eclipse was EXACT PARTILE on your 12th House Jupiter

That's significant :smile:

Fortunately Jupiter is a benefic planet

HOWEVER
the location of the planet ruling the sign your natal Jupiter occupies
is an important consideration that cannot be ignored

JUPITERASC

Over the years I have mentioned the effect of this eclipse upon me personally. When I returned home 4 days later, there was a letter from a U.K. astrologer with whom I had been corresponding regarding the Centuar effect. It contained a copy of M. Kelley Hunter's article on 'Lilith', with the message 'I thought this might interest you'! It did! The effect is now history.:smile:

I did not experience this eclipse as malefic in any way. It was an eye opener to a part of myself I had refused to accept as part of my life that finally (consciously) surfaced. It was the beginning of an astrological study which I still find fascinating and intriguing. The eclipse lasted approx. 4 mins, which coincided with an almost 4 year intense study.

At the time
there was no conjunction from any transiting planet
to 18*Leo preceeding the eclipse.
15 July 1999 three weeks prior to the actual eclipse
MOON transited the forthcoming eclipse degree :smile:

There was a transiting T-square between Mars-Saturn-Uranus R. on 14*-16* of the fixed signs.
Would the transiting Sun-Moon to these degrees preceeding the eclipse
have begun a process that had the same effect
as a preceeding conjunction from planets to the eclipse degree itself?
The eclipse degree itself is the factor to focus on
and
keep in mind that
Traditionally both Sun and Moon are "planets"

simply because
the word "planet" is derived from
the Greek Greek term πλανήτης (planētēs), meaning "wanderer"
after ancient astronomers noted
how certain lights moved across the sky in relation to the "fixed stars"
hence
Sun and Moon are traditionally referred to as "the two lights"
and are easily visible
as they are seen travelling across local skies

THEREFORE
three weeks prior to the actual eclipse
when MOON transited forthcoming eclipse degree

MOON also transited in particular your natal 12th house JUPITER
highlighting a theme
CLEARLY ALSO
THEMES DIFFER
DEPENDENT ON THE INDIVIDUAL NATAL CHART CONTACTS

JUPITERASC

Apart from transiting Mars
it took many months for transiting Saturn and Uranus to reach 18* of their singns
and they never actually made an 18* opposition.

Another point of interest?
Transiting Mercury was exact conjunct natal TRUE N.N. the same day.
Even more ineresting is
that just fifteen days after the eclipse
transiting MERCURY transited the sensitive eclipse degree itself
CONTINUING THE ECLIPSE THEME :smile:

So, do the points raised regarding malefic intent and preceeding degrees
only apply to mundane charts for the period of time = months/years to which the eclipse correlates ?
Certainly Mundane astrology supercedes natal astrology

HOWEVER
individual natal charts are also affected by eclipses
but each is affected differently
dependent on the natal promise

JUPITERASC

If the planet in the natal chart is in another sign just slightly
then the influence of even a significant transit on it is much less
perhaps nothing at all.
It is an out-of-sign aspect.
If the natal planet rules the ascendent it could be important.
But keep in mind
that transits happen all the time to the natal chart
yet only a few
have any effect on the native.
And that's because
traditionally PROFECTIONS determine significant transits :smile:
i.e.
The PROFECTED ASCENDANT Lord of the Year aka LOY
is intensified
and so
transits to and by the LOY are significant

JUPITERASC

From my studies and researches over the years

YES an eclipse can influence
areas where the eclipse is not visible

for an example of this
see my delineation of the 1999 total solar eclipse

to be found in the thread entitled "Two Presidents".
Many thanks dr. farr for demonstrating clearly :smile:
and sharing your many decades of considerable astrological expertise
via the following quoted comment you posted
that an eclipse most definitely can influence
areas where the eclipse is not visible

I think that the Solar Eclipse of 1999 had an influence in the Bush/Gore outcome (in 2000), and I believe the forthcoming Solar Eclipse (August 21, 2017) had pre-eclipse influence in "pulling" Trump into office in 2016.

Solar Eclipses are very significant events in mundane astrology, in my opinion only being surpassed in importance by the Great Mutations, Solar Eclipses often being more influential than ingresses, stationaries and lunations (my thinking regarding eclipses has been very much influenced by the work of radical Modernist Johndro, but also by the researches of Eberle and the Bortherhood of Light and the work of Carter and the London Astrological School of the late 1940's through the 1950's)

A brief analysis of the 1999 Total Solar Eclipse

The total solar eclipse of August 11, 1999 was visible from far eastern Canada over the Atlantic through Europe and the Middle East. It occurred @ 10:56 UT, the eclipse being in 18 Leo (an azimene degree, so an azimene eclipse).

Other data regarding this eclipse:

Eclipse in Leo, in (Manilius) decan of Taurus
(other eclipse connections: elemental decan of Sagittarius; face of Jupiter; egyptian term of Saturn, fiery triplicity Sun/Saturn, dodekametoria of Pisces)

Mercury-0 Leo-has dominion of the eclipse (Mercury nearest planet IN SIGN to the eclipse), Mercury opposition to Neptune

Venus @ 2 Virgo, in fall, trine Jupiter, square Pluto

Mars @ 16 Scorpio, in domicile, squared by eclipse, in partile opposition to Saturn, square Uranus, conjunct the star South Scale (see Robson; constellationsofwords.com)

Jupiter @ 4 Taurus, platik square Neptune, quincunx Pluto

Saturn @ 16 Taurus squared by eclipse, square to Uranus

Uranus @ 14 Aquarius, conjunct SN (@12 Aquarius), opposed by eclipse

Neptune @ 2 Aquarius

Pluto @ 7 Sagittarius (azimene degree)

The eclipse is in the fixed whole sign of Leo, and the fixed (Manilius) decan of Taurus; Mercury+Mars+Jupiter+Saturn+Uranus+Neptune are all also in fixed whole sign-8 planets in fixed signs-and the Lunar Nodes are also in fixed signs: total of 10 chart factors are in fixed signs: this means (from my perspective) that this eclipse and its planetary configurations will have long term influences.

EVENTS CONNECTED WITH ECLIPSE AND THE CONFIGURATIONS IN THE ECLIPSE CHART

(zodiacal positions and planetary/nodal connections only are considered)
(significations and affinities: R. Bills, M.P.Hall, L. George)

1999 EVENTS:

+January: pre-eclipse: EU adopts EURO as the common currency
:Europe = Pisces: 2nd house (finances) to Pisces Aries; Aries = new beginnings; Aries significator = Mars, in its domicile in Scorpio

+2/06: pre-eclipse: Harta Rimba sinks off Indonesia, 280 people drown
:Indonesia = Scorpio; posits Mars, Mars squared by eclipse, & in partile opposition to Saturn (death)

+March, April, May: pre-eclipse: US/NATO bombing campaign against Serbia
:Serbia = Sagittarius, posits Pluto; US = Gemini; Gemini in opposition to Serbia; Gemini significator = Mercury; Mercury has dominion of the eclipse and is in opposition to Neptune

+4/20: pre-eclipse: Columbine school massacre in Colorado
: Colorado = Leo; eclipse is in Leo; eclipse squares Mars (guns), square Saturn (death), is in opposition to Uranus (sudden unexpected events)

+7/16: pre-eclipse: JFK Jr. killed in plane crash
: Uranus (aircraft; sudden unexpected events). conjunt SN, in opposition by the eclipse, squared by Mars, squared by Saturn

+8/02: pre-eclipse: Gauhati India railroad crash kills 285 people
:India = Capricorn, significator Saturn: Saturn squared by eclipse, partile opposition by Mars; railroad/trains = Uranus; Uranus conjunct SN, squared by Saturn, in opposition by the eclipse

+August: Russian military campaign against Moslem insurgents in Dagestan & Chechnya
:Russia = Aquarius, Uranus; Aquarius posits SN, Uranus; Uranus conjunct SN, is in opposition by the eclipse, squared by Mars (warfare) squared by Saturn (death)

+8/17: Izmit, Turkey earthquake, over 17000 people killed
:Turkey = Virgo, receives platik square from Pluto (earthquakes), Virgo significator Mercury = dominion of the eclipse, in opposition to Neptune (also often given as affinitive to earthquakes)

+August: East Timor militias rampage through the territory
:East Indies = Scorpio; Scorpio posits Mars (warfare), Mars squared by the eclipse, in partile opposition to Saturn

+9/10, 9/13, 9/16: 3 Moscow apartment building explosions, 230 people killed
:Moscow = Uranus; Uranus (Moscow;explosions) conjunct SN, in opposition by eclipse, squared by Mars (bombs, fires), squared by Saturn (death)

+October: military coup in Pakistan
:pakistan = Sagittarius; Sagittarius posits Pluto, Pluto squared by Venus (peace)

+10/29: cyclone in eastern India kills over 9000 people
:cyclones = Uranus; Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by eclipse, squared by Mars (storms) and squared by Saturn (death)

+November: US normalizes trade with China: beginning of China's rise to become world's #1 economic power
:trade = Mercury; Mercury has dominion of the eclipse; China = Libra, Libra in platik sextile to the eclipse

+11/24: Dashun ferry sinks of China, 280 people drown
:China = Libra, significator Venus in fall in Virgo, Venus quincunx Neptune, square Pluto (shipwrecks)

+December: Northern Ireland granted home rule
:Ireland = Taurus, posits Jupiter, Saturn

+December: flood in Venezuela drowns 30000 people
:Venezuela = Gemini, significator Mercury has dominion of the eclipse, Gemini in platik square to Pluto, Mercury opposition to Neptune

+12/31: Panama takes control of the Panama Canal
:panama = Gemini, significator Mercury has dominion of the eclipse; canals = Moon: Moon is part of the eclipse

+12/31: Putin becomes premier of Russia
:Russia = Aquarius, Uranus; Aquarius posits SN, Uranus; Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by the eclipse, squared by Mars, squared by Saturn

2000 EVENTS

+March 17: church fire in Uganda kills 530 people
:Uganda = Aquarius; Aquarius posits Uranus (sudden events), SN; Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by the eclipse, squared by Mars (fire) squared by Saturn (churches)

+April 19: AirPhillippines Boeing jet crash kills 131 people
:phillippines = Scorpio, which posits Mars; Mars is squared by the eclipse, is in partile opposition to Saturn (death) and squares Uranus (aircraft; sudden events)

+6/29: Cahaya Bahari ferry capsizes off Indonesia, over 500 people drowned
:East Indies = Scorpio, posits Mars; Mars squared by eclipse, partile opposition to Saturn (death), square to Uranus (sudden events)

7/25: first ever Concorde jet crash in Paris kills 113 people
:France = Leo; Leo posits the eclipse; Uranus (aircraft, sudden events) is opposed by the eclipse; eclipse squares Mars and squares Saturn

July: PRI, in power since 1929, losses to Vincente Fox in Mexican presidential election
:Mexico = Capricorn, significator Saturn; Saturn squared by eclipse, in square to Uranus (unexpected events)

8/23: Gulf Airbus in Bahrain kills 143 people
:Arabian peninsula = Sagittarius; Sagittarius posits Pluto

September: India & Bangladesh flood drown over 1000 people
:India = Capricorn; significator = Saturn; Saturn squared by eclipse, opposed by Mars, squares Uranus

10/12: USS Cole bombed by terrorists while in Yemen, 13 US sailors killed
:Arabian peninsula = Sagittarius; posits Pluto (terrorism); bombings = Mars, Uranus: Mars squared by eclipse, square to Uranus, partile opposition to Saturn; Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by the eclipse, squared by Mars & Saturn

11/07: Bush jr elected US president in disputed election; wins office although losing popular vote (first incidence of this is more than 120 years; this scenario will occur again only 16 years later when Trump wins under similar conditions, only 9 months before another total solar eclipse in Leo)
:US = Gemini; Pluto in platik opposition to Gemini; Mercury, significator of Gemini, has dominion of the eclipse and is in opposition to Neptune (mysterious situations)

11/11: cable car fire in Austria kills 155 people
:Austria = Taurus; Taurus (Manilius) decan of the eclipse; Taurus posits Saturn which is in partile opposition by Mars (fires) and squared by the eclipse; Uranus (electric cars, railways, electric transit) squared by Saturn

12/25: shopping mall fire in China kills 309 people
:China = Libra, significator Venus, in its fall in Virgo, square to Pluto, quincunx to Neptune; shops = Moon, Moon part of the eclipse; Moon squares Mars (fire), squares Saturn (death), opposition to Uranus (sudden events)

2001 EVENTS

January: president Kabila, Democratic Republic of Congo, assassinated
:Congo = Virgo, its significator Mercury has dominion of the eclipse and is in opposition to Neptune; Pluto (assassinations) in platik square to Virgo

1/26: Gujarat India earthquake kills over 20000 people
:India = Capricorn, significator Saturn; Saturn (earth) squared by eclipse, partile opposition by Mars, in square to Uranus (earthquakes)

4/01: US spy plane and Chinese fighter collide over South China Sea causing international incident
:aircraft, sudden events = Uranus: Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by the eclipse, squared by Mars (military vehicles), squared by Saturn

SEPTEMBER 11: terrorist attack using airplanes destroys World Trade buildings in New York City, damages Pentagon in Washington DC; over 2900 people killed; beginning of US "war on terror"
:US = Gemini, platik opposition by Pluto (terrorists); significator Mercury has dominion of the eclipse, opposition to Neptune (mysterious situations, causes)
:New York City = Cancer, significator = Moon; Moon part of the eclipse; Moon squares Mars (warfare, fire), squares Saturn (death) in opposition to Uranus (aircraft, sudden events, explosions)
:Washington DC = Scorpio, posits Mars (attakcs, warfare, fire), Mars in square by eclipse, in partile opposition to Saturn, in square to Uranus (aircraft, sudden events, explosions)
:skyscraper (buildings) = Neptune, Saturn: Neptune is in opposition by Mercury (significator of the US; dominion of the eclipse), quincunx by Venus (peace); Saturn is squared by the eclipse, in partile opposition by Mars (attacks, fire), square to Uranus (aircraft, explosions, sudden unexpected events)

September-November: anthrax laced letters sent through US mails; 5 people die, 17 seriously sickened
:US, mail = Gemini, Mercury: platik opposition of Pluto (terrorists; bacilli) to Gemini; Mercury has dominion of the eclipse, in opposition to Neptune (mysterious situations, causes)

10/07: Taliban ousted from Kabul Afghanistan; beginning of US war in Afghanistan, which continues to the present date (longest continuous US military engagement in US history)
:Afghanistan = Capricorn, significator = Saturn; Saturn in square by the eclipse, in partile opposition by Mars (warfare), and squares Uranus

10/12: American Airlines plane crashes on take-off from New York City, 265 people killed
:New York City = Cancer, Cancer significator = Moon: Moon part of eclipse; in opposition to Uranus (aircraft), square to Mars, square to Saturn

12/02: leading US energy trading company Enron files for bankruptcy
:electrical energy = Uranus: Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by eclipse; bankruptcy = Saturn, squared by eclipse, square to Uranus (electrical energy); US = Gemini, significator Mercury; Mercury has dominion of the eclipse, is in opposition to Neptune

12/13: US withdraws from 1972 AntiBallisticMissile Treaty
:treaty's = Venus, in fall in Virgo, square to Pluto (atomic bombs); missiles = Mars, Uranus: Mars squared by eclipse, squares Uranus; Uranus conjunct SN, in opposition by eclipse

The above analysis demonstrates
that total solar eclipses
can influence areas where that eclipse is not visible
:

the above eclipse was not visible from the continental United States
yet as can be seen from the above analysis
this eclipse had significant influences upon the US.

Frisiangal

Frisiangal wrote:
At the time
there was no conjunction from any transiting planet
to 18*Leo preceeding the eclipse
15 July 1999 three weeks prior to the actual eclipse
MOON transited the forthcoming eclipse degree :smile:

THEREFORE
[/B][/COLOR] three weeks prior to the actual eclipse
when MOON transited forthcoming eclipse degree

MOON also transited in particular your natal 12th house JUPITER
highlighting a theme
CLEARLY ALSO
THEMES DIFFER
DEPENDENT ON THE INDIVIDUAL NATAL CHART CONTACTS

Thank you for your replies, JUPITERACS.

My query of the above theory is that Moon's transiting passage through the signs will always conjunct every planet in the natal chart in the month preceeding any eclipse degree. To my way of thinking :)whistling:) that alone cannot make an eclipse degree so 'potentially' potent.

Is there any relationship between the planetary alignment on the day of preceding transiting Moon ( or any planet?) to eclipse degree, thus offering a theme of its own, to the eclipse degree and eventual effect of the eclipse?
[ I.e. that it 'drags with it' to theme of Eclipse degree]

Looking back to preceeding tr. Moon to eclipse degree, there were several transits on that date that effected my natal chart that I 'could' say conceiveably were in tune with eventual effects that occured.

Even more ineresting is
that just fifteen days after the eclipse
transiting MERCURY transited the sensitive eclipse degree itself
CONTINUING THE ECLIPSE THEME

How long after an eclipse are any planetary transits potentially important? For the minutes= months/years of eclipse?

The 2017 eclipse is of the same Saros series (Brady: Predictive Astrology') as that of 1999.
If anyone has a planet on 28*Leo (I don't :smile:), would this imply a continuation of the Saros cycle theme of eclipses?

The total eclipse on 28+*Leo is preceeded/followed by a number of planetary aspects on the same degree, including retro. Mercury conjunct Mars in Leo early September. Tr. Uranus in Aries is in a long term exact degree transit to it. TRUE NN is on 24+*Leo, to be conjoined by both Sun and Moon prior to eclipse.
Must these all be considered ingredients of the total effect of the eclipse over the next 2.40 years =time of eclipse 2'40" ?

Can all the examples mentioned by Dr. Farr be put down to the effect of a preceeding total eclipse? Wouldn't other factors (e.g.charts of nations, people) be of influence in how, what, when and where whatever occured?

As you may have (long) realised my strong Earth side studies astrology from its 'practical' rather than 'theoretical' perspectives. Always questioning the one against the other and finding verification in physical proof.
Do other strong elements accept everything more easily than I?:biggrin:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Frisiangal wrote:
Thank you for your replies, JUPITERACS.
My query of the above theory is that Moon's transiting passage through the signs will always conjunct every planet in the natal chart in the month preceeding any eclipse degree. To my way of thinking :)whistling:) that alone cannot make an eclipse degree so 'potentially' potent.
Is there any relationship between the planetary alignment on the day of preceding transiting Moon ( or any planet?) to eclipse degree, thus offering a theme of its own, to the eclipse degree and eventual effect of the eclipse?
[ I.e. that it 'drags with it' to theme of Eclipse degree]

Looking back to preceeding tr. Moon to eclipse degree, there were several transits on that date that effected my natal chart that I 'could' say conceiveably were in tune with eventual effects that occured.

How long after an eclipse are any planetary transits potentially important? For the minutes= months/years of eclipse?
The 2017 eclipse is of the same Saros series (Brady: Predictive Astrology') as that of 1999.
If anyone has a planet on 28*Leo (I don't :smile:), would this imply a continuation of the Saros cycle theme of eclipses?
The total eclipse on 28+*Leo is preceeded/followed by a number of planetary aspects on the same degree, including retro. Mercury conjunct Mars in Leo early September. Tr. Uranus in Aries is in a long term exact degree transit to it. TRUE NN is on 24+*Leo, to be conjoined by both Sun and Moon prior to eclipse.
Must these all be considered ingredients of the total effect of the eclipse over the next 2.40 years =time of eclipse 2'40" ?
Can all the examples mentioned by Dr. Farr be put down to the effect of a preceeding total eclipse? Wouldn't other factors (e.g.charts of nations, people) be of influence in how, what, when and where whatever occured?
As you may have (long) realised my strong Earth side studies astrology from its 'practical' rather than 'theoretical' perspectives. Always questioning the one against the other and finding verification in physical proof.
Do other strong elements accept everything more easily than I?:biggrin:
Best advice is to keep brief notes in a journal re: transiting Moon :smile:
then after a few decades of studying
as for example dr. farr
i.e.
dr. farr has studied astrology for more than fifty years
decide for yourself

Meanwhile the following quote from the writer of an excellent book on the topic
is based on forty years of research

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years,
decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses

at CYCLES RESEARCH....'
http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

Frisiangal

After 3½ decades of study I STILL have questions pertaining to specific aspects astro. symbolism and its influence, of and from which I hope to learn or find answers through those who appear to know.

Point taken.:(